Thread: Pick one food group for the rest of your life

Gingersnap Pick one food group for the rest of your life OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Pick one food group for the rest of your life

I might be hungry.

Anyway. Let's say you have to pick one food group to eat for the rest of your life. It's less a matter of nutrition (though that's very practical to consider), and more a matter of what you won't get tired of.

I would choose fruit. I'll explain why after other people answer. But you should definitely explain why when you answer.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    Does beer count as a food group? If not, I'll say meat, because meat is meaty. I love meat. Most of my favorite foods have some amount of meat in them, and there is a good chance I like them because of the meat in them. Pastrami, chicken, beef, pork... *drool* Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Registered User Pick one food group for the rest of your life
    Probably dairy, because who can get tired of ice cream? All those flavors to choose from! Just ate some cookie dough ice cream. It was so yum! Will probably have to run for like an hour to work it off, but oh well. I like yogurt and cheese a lot too.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Ayyye Pick one food group for the rest of your life Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    meat or grains. the other groups make you poops

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Pick one food group for the rest of your life che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    meat or grains. the other groups make you poops
    Everybody poops! And there's tons of fibers in apples and STUFF! Fruit, I choose you!

Vegetables might be the healthiest, but fruit is close and definitely is the best tasting of all! Also, you can drink fruit juice too!

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

The Mad God Pick one food group for the rest of your life Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Meat, though I'd definitely miss the other food groups.

My reasoning behind this isn't from a nutritional stance by any means, I just like meat. Far as I'm concerned, if there's no meat in it, it isn't meal. So giving up meat would mean I never got a meal again.

About 75% of the things I eat are meat anyways. Majority of my grains come from hamburger and hot dog buns, whose primary purpose is to hold meat. I'll just take a page out of KFC's book and replace the buns with MORE MEAT. **** YEAH BURGER ON BURGER ACTION! And like, instead of hotdog buns, I'll wrap it in sliced roast beef or some shit. I could totally do a meat only diet assuming I was able to to take vitamins and shit to make up for all the nutrients I'd be ignoring. I'd also really miss the cheese, cheese is good for meat. Vegetables I'd miss quite a bit, there go all my side dishes... ah well, I guess I'l just pretend it's breakfast every meal of the day and call scrambled eggs a side. Maybe some barbecue beans if I feel like changing shit up. I would miss onions and other vegetables used for flavor addition though, that'd suck a lot. Fruit would hurt me more than anything, not because of any of the obvious fruits people would think of, but because of peppers. I ****ing LOVE peppers. I'm a spice addict, I keep ghost pepper salsa in the fridge at all times, sometimes I make my own (which is substantially hotter than the store bought stuff i keep around), and I use it on a lot of shit. I make a lot of shit with peppers in it, especially seranos, jalapenos, habeneros, and ghost chiles. Those peppers account for the overwhelming majority of my vitamin intake. JUST for that reason, fruit would have to be my second choice of food groups to keep. I love the burn too much to give it up.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Gingersnap Pick one food group for the rest of your life OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would miss eggs and yogurt a lot. Cheese too.

But with fruit, botanically speaking, I get to keep things like avocados, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkin, squash, beans, eggplant, olives... I think some nuts count as fruit (almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts).... so I get plenty of protein and healthy fats. And I also get pineapple, berries, watermelon, apples, oranges, figs, peaches... so many of my favorite things are fruits.

I'd miss kale and Brussels sprouts, though... And cabbage. And broccoli. And carrots.

But I never get tired of pineapples and watermelons.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

The Mad God Pick one food group for the rest of your life Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    I would miss eggs and yogurt a lot. Cheese too.

But with fruit, botanically speaking, I get to keep things like avocados, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkin, squash, beans, eggplant, olives... I think some nuts count as fruit (almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts).... so I get plenty of protein and healthy fats. And I also get pineapple, berries, watermelon, apples, oranges, figs, peaches... so many of my favorite things are fruits.

I'd miss kale and Brussels sprouts, though... And cabbage. And broccoli. And carrots.

But I never get tired of pineapples and watermelons.
    While I believe technically speaking, a biologist would classify those legumes (the few varieties of nut and beans) as fruit, I'm pretty sure they're considered to be a part of the protein/meat group just because of their nutritional value. So while they are technically fruits, I don't think they qualify as members of the fruit group. I could be wrong though.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Death Before Dishonor Pick one food group for the rest of your life Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fruits as I have been on a low carb diet lately, and these are mainly what I eat.

Although if I had no meat I would be sad cause I love firing up the smoker, and cooking some yummy meat.

F*ck I choose meat screw my diet.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Ayyye Pick one food group for the rest of your life Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Everybody poops! And there's tons of fibers in apples and STUFF! Fruit, I choose you!
    Yes, and I don't wish to poop that much...

Queen Pick one food group for the rest of your life Crescent's Avatar
    Vegetables..was gonna say fruit but veggies are more versatile to cook with. Dairy is big fat no no. As with meat. Yuk.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd go for fruit. Simply because of the variety of tastes, and not nutritional value. My teeth would take a battering eventually though due to the natural acids in my favourites like oranges and apples.

Steamed vegetables and grilled meat, I'd greatly miss. Especially carrots, broccoli, chicken and salmon. Oh, how could I forget, BACON. Bacon bacon bacon...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Starches. Don't legumes also fall in this category? If so, peanuts are gewd.

Potatoes, breads, pasta, beer. Hell there's even grains that contain all the essential amino acids, and with flour being fortified with b vitamins, I think you actually can live off just starches, sans skurvy and weak bones from lack of C, D, and calcium. But some breads are calcium fortified!

Registered User Pick one food group for the rest of your life sayian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    well, ya kno, pizza was recently dubbed a vegetable... enough said...
    ok keep on, its all shits n giggles until sombody giggles n shits....