Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How long will you stay?

How long will you stay?

How long do you think you'll stay here at TFF? like up until what age do you think?

As long as the site doesn't go down and a good amount of the people I talk to are still around I'll probably stay for a good amount of time lol (as long as I have internetz)

I'll probably be a super lurker in the future.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 06-24-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) How long will you stay? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: How long will you stay?

I will lurk forever!

I've met some amazingly awesome people here on TFF. Other than them, it's just another internet website. I don't give a shit about them, I will forget them, and I will never know them personally (thanks to Someone).

Peace and love, mon!

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Blog Entries

Well I can certainly say I never expected to be here for near a decade now, lol. That makes me sound really old. >_> But I like it here and I've met lots of really cool people by being here, so I don't see any real reason to leave at this point. As long as Fuzz is willing to put up with us, I can see myself sticking around pretty much indefinitely. I've always been something of a semi-lurker anyways.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Registered User How long will you stay? winterborn86's Avatar

I've been here over two years already, did sort of disappear for awhile, I don't know why I stopped visting but, I've been back for a little again now, as for how long I'm going to be here for?... Nooooo idea, I hope for awhile tho, there are some really nice people here.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Registered User How long will you stay? Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been here for four years, and I didn't expect it to be that long. I thought after a few months I'd get bored of it but the site just keeps pulling me back in .

I think it's because of the nice people that are here. Most of the people I've made friends with have left now, or are extreme lurkers, so I've resorted to lurking myself. But nevertheless, the people still here are really nice, and if I wasn't so busy I'd probably make the effort to talk to more of them. >.>;

I'll probably stay here for a while I think... if I can stay here for four years, then surely I can squeeze out a few more? Afterall, some members have been here for over a decade.

So yeah... I joined when I was eleven years old I think, maybe I'll stick around until I'm 20? Who knows...

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth How long will you stay? Xanatos's Avatar

I've been here for over a year now, which is my personal record on forums in general. I don't know but I usually get tired of forums really quick, but not of this one it seems, it's probably due great people I meet here, great atmosphere and always having something interesting to discuss about, I don't know for sure how long am I going to stay here, but I'll try to stay as long as I can.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

HRH Albha How long will you stay? Aerif's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll keep coming so long as the roleplay forum TFF is still in my bookmarks.

I'm not saying that there's always an interesting topic to discuss or a peak amount of activity, but that's what being a lurker's all about. Stick around whether or not there's actually anything happening and...
    Spoiler:
    moaning about it, when nothing is happening

Today I decided to play with BB code.

Blog Entries

I don't really think I expected to be checking TFF still in 2010. There have been several periods where I "left."

I dunno. Forums in general seem to be something of an addiction for me. Even if it wasn't TFF, I'd be looking at some forum. Maybe not posting, but I'd be looking (lurking.) Something interests me, and I'm like, "What are people saying about THIS?!" And then I find out what they're saying, and I want to punch them, frequently. TFF is the one I've invested the most time in, however, and the one that people are the most friendly to me on. There is a lesser amount of people on here that I want to punch. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Lone Dagger How long will you stay? Xithor's Avatar

It was four years ago that I found TFF and after quite a long absent from posting I've become much most active as far as posting around. I've always enjoyed posting in forums, meeting people, expressing opinions, and role-playing. I like the people here at the forums a lot more than some of the people I've met at other forums so I don't see myself ever officially leaving and not coming back. I'll definitely be a lurker at the very least, I have been for the past 4 years and I don't plan to change that unless the site isn't here or I get forced out haha. But hopefully neither of that happens.

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been here over two years now, and I can't see myself leaving any time soon. I can't seem to leave longer than a day. I've tried leaving once or twice, but I'm always back a week later. ^^;

Usually, I up and leave other forums quickly, but I've always liked this community. There's something about the people here that make this place more enjoyable, and usually there's always something going on; the giggles in threads, the discussions, the drama, the private jokes you have with other members, and of course my wonderful friends I've made here. xD

Also, I really like Final Fantasy. ^^

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User How long will you stay?

Well, I haven't even been here a year yet, but that's mark is coming up pretty soon. As for how long I plan to say, I don't really have a definite answer for you. I suppose I'll stay as long as I have access to the place.

The other forum I was on, I stayed for about a month before deciding to move on. That place was really restrictive about what could be talked about, so that's the main reason I decided to leave. I joined this one, because I am a big fan of Final Fantasy, but there's also the option to discuss other things as well. The community is better too, both the feeling and people that are a part of it.

I lurk two other forums now, mostly for the same reasons that Telegraph does, though I've never had the urge to punch anyone. I just have that natural curiosity to find out what people have to say about a certain topic.

I don't know if I'll become a "lurker" here one of these days. I suppose at some point that may happen, but for now, I hope to keep making topics and posting to help promote activity on the forum.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

This topic is depressing. Nearly six years later I'm still bored stupid and lolly-gagging around on the same forum in the hopes of remedying the situation? Sad.

It almost makes me want to do something with my life. But then no one would be around to press F5, so that's out.

Until now!

Glowing Ball of Awesome How long will you stay? Ashura's Avatar

Even though I recently joined TTF, I've already met some amazing people. So I would probably stay here for many decades to come, or if the site were to go down while I'm here. It's also suprising how so many people have been here for so long, which is what I like. So I plan to stay here for just as long as they have.

Contact me for signature/avatar request.

アズテオル How long will you stay? Azuteor's Avatar

I'll still be here as long as the website doesn't shut down. I like this forum because it was my first internet hangout when I had AOL and my parents put me under Parental Control. Even though I was a total n00b, there were several members who were kind enough to show me the ropes. My childhood friends [Kaitou & Kuragari] became a part of TFF, which made this forum really enjoyable, but they don't come here anymore. I have made a lot of memories here!

I love how everyone is laid-back and down-to-earth. Many of them are not afraid to call out on your crap as well cause a little trouble around the forum. I think everyone here knows one another on a personal level.

Blog Entries

I'd like to stay around as long as I am welcome. I'll be around until I get driven out by all the halfwits, so maybe in another two weeks or so?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User How long will you stay? BigWill's Avatar

I'm somewhat of a master lurker. I'll lurk around for a while and not post anything. Then I'll post around a bit for a while. Then just as quickly back to lurking I go. But I rarely last longer then a year on a forum. Usually I burn a lot of bridges and just leave.....

I invented Go-Gurt. How long will you stay? Clint's Avatar

I wore out my welcome about nine months back when my twisted sense of humor got me banned, and I was publicly ripped apart by the admins in a harassment thread still posted in forum announcements. With that being said, I don't think I can take much more of a place where people take themselves so seriously. As Van Wilder once said, you shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive. That quote is especially true in regards to a forum based around a video game series.

My activity has been down quite a bit as of late. I reckon I won't be on this forum much longer, which is pretty disappointing, because that means I got my ban lifted for nothing. However, if people make more interesting topics like this, where I can just rant and complain, I may reconsider. There is nothing in the world I like more then being annoying.

Sir Prize How long will you stay? Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty much what Jin said...

I hate to say it, but...And I really haven't even been on here nearly as long as some of you...I didn't really think I'd still be here in 2010.

But I like it here and, dammit...you all need me! I have a responsibility to continue to provide this place with my personality and force my opinions on you. That way when I become famous you can all say: "I knew that guy on the interwebz, he was an ass."

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    Well I can certainly say I never expected to be here for near a decade now, lol. That makes me sound really old. >_>
    Dude, ****in' tell me about it. :|

I'm barely around but I like to pop in every so often and see whats up. Had good memories way back when... I don't know any of you new ****ers though.

Air from my lungs. How long will you stay? Violet's Avatar

As long as the majority of TFF's members remain sensible and friendly, then I can totally see myself staying here. If the entire community was taken over by dimwitted assholes, I wouldn't waste any time here.

ATM, I'm just a lurker for the most part and trying to mod what I can. I've been busy as of late, so I haven't been doing much of anything around the boards. So don't worry, I am here in spirit .

The joke is far too true How long will you stay? loner-kid's Avatar

i'll probably stick around for a while yet, along with my negligable activity. Sure i don't really talk very often but the community is good and there are some fun discussions to see here. Also i like the people who RP here, I dunno, they just rule, screw low activity

Read some of my stuff here
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...-snippets.html

The Gargoyle
    SPOILER!!:

The gargoyle sits, solemnly, alone
    That silent man of stone
    Here, for his deeds he must atone

Beaten eyes stare blankly
    Withered arms curved and wrinkly
    Bat-like wings spread fully

For once he was a man deceitful
    His soul decored in black so hateful
    From his despair grew pain most vengeful

With his death he was deserted
    Left condemned and desecrated
    Bound to form most understated

And now he is but a statue made of stone
    Sitting all alone

Star Gaze
    SPOILER!!:
    High in the sky, blinking down on us
    We all watch the stars
    Believing, as we do
    That friends and lovers long since moved away are staring upwards too
    Remembering us as we remember them
    Smiling in the light of an unatainable star
    And even if the star was snuffed out at that very moment
    We would never know
    We just keep smiling
    And believe the star is true

My TFF Family
    (is laughably small because 'loner' turned out to be fairly accurate)
    Unknown-Entity - loner-kid's hilarious 'friend'
    Raider - my ginger brother

Classic story teller How long will you stay? vann 122's Avatar

Till i get bored of it(never hahahahahaha)
    Don't judge me, just because what I like!

SOLDIER 3rd Class How long will you stay? Copperfire's Avatar

I'm not sure. I've been known to stay at forums for several years, then as my interest fades I just stop going.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

At the very least I figure I'll pop in from time to time, at most I'll be here very regularly. Quite possibly until this place shuts down actually.
    It's some of the members that draw me and even when most of my fave people go inactive, another bunch of great people pop up. There'll be no competing for top spots as they're occupied by the people who dragged me into this web a few years ago, but either way this place gets many of the better sorts I've met online.
    victoria aut mors

Crash Boom Bang How long will you stay? Lily's Avatar

Ive stayed longer than I thought I would, though my activity is pretty random and I don't post much - makes a change from my signing up somewhere and never going back though I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Dude, ****in' tell me about it. :|

I'm barely around but I like to pop in every so often and see whats up. Had good memories way back when... I don't know any of you new ****ers though.
    Right there with you. Every now and again I'll pop back, take a look, see new members, new mods then disappear.

Though I've made a lot of friends around the country from this site. Hell I'm boarding a flight tomorrow morning to go to tasmania to hang out with Chalcedony and Juice....yeh, names that probably only a few older members would be vaguely familiar with.
    -They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious-

Registered User How long will you stay?

Hopefully for some time, people that have responed to posts/threads all seem nice as does the community. I believe i was on this site (or at least a similar site) few years back, but can't remember username or the e-mail i had before this one (had this one 6/7 years now).

I'm leaving tomorrow. BYE ALL
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    I'm leaving tomorrow. BYE ALL
    Noooooooo!

Don't leave my twin! I will be lost without you...
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

When I first joined, I thought I would stay until the day I died and got eaten by my pet cats...not that I'd ever have any pets, but that's besides the point. Yeah, I thought I'd stick around forever. And I guess that'll still happen, because who can forget this place? I leave for periods of time, but I always come back, and I probably always will. I hope I stick around for a good amount of time. 8)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast