Thread: Oy Shiva

Blog Entries

Oy Shiva

*Oy Shiva is a trademarked sland on the Yiddish saying Oy sivah that I use frequently

Anyway, death. This year at my school we have had two tragic incidents, a suicide, and today a wreck that rendered a girl in unsurvivable brain trauma. Because it's a small program, we've only 300 students, it affects everyone massively. Personally, I dono what to do. Any suggestions?

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries

Re: Oy Shiva

What is there to do?

Did you know either of the people? If so, you grieve.

If not, it's not abnormal to feel affected by it, but I don't know if there's really anything you can do. If the school has some kind of vigil or prayer services, you can attend that.

It's really up to each person, how they deal with things like that.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Death Before Dishonor Oy Shiva Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am from a very small community. We had a few suicides my senior year. There isn't much that you can do. When you live in a small community everyone usually knows everyone, so it f*cks you up. I don't really know what to tell you in this situation.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Lady Succubus Oy Shiva Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like Pete said:

If you know them, grieve.
    If not, maybe give condolences to their friends or anyone close to that person.

I mean, there's really nothing you -can- do.

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Oy Shiva Tallulah's Avatar

At age eight, I saw my friend Steven's little sister, Rebecca, I think her name was, get knocked down by a driver going too fast outside the school. I was waiting with my mum for a bus at the time. It happened so quick I thought the car had screeched to a stop and the girl was a dummy who had been thrown out of the car. I can still remember the multicolured knitted sweater and pink skirt she was wearing, and her blond curly hair spilled upon the pavement. It was horrible.

Rebecca later died, sadly. All of the teachers felt really sorry for me in particular, as the whole thing happened about eight feet away from me.

I find it hard to recount the story, but I remember it so clearly. Fortunately this was the only death I remember at school. A few years down the line during my GCSE exams (age 16) some friends and I were wandering across the road about half an hour before the German written paper, one girl gave me quite a scare when she was a bit careless, walked in front of a car, and actually had her shoe knocked off! Thankfully she was okay but I was so freaked out my heart didn't stop thumping until I got into the exam room.
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Blog Entries

do whatever helps you grieve best. Only you can answer that sort of question on what to do in that particular situation.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

The Lone Dagger Oy Shiva Xithor's Avatar

All you can do is make sure to get yourself some help, someone to talk to in order to get your feelings out because it's never easy to deal with deaths especially by yourself. Hope it gets better

Wanna Know More:
    Like Kingdom Hearts? Come join the Black Dawn RP!

My latest videos:
    DBZ AMV - Breathe Into Me
    Final Fantasy XIII - My Hands
    Kingdom Hearts - Stand My Ground
    Naruto - Way Away
    Other Videos on my YouTube Channel: Xithor22's Channel