Thread: One of those weeks

Boxer of the Galaxy One of those weeks Rowan's Avatar

One of those weeks

Where you just get really run down. Having one of those. Feeling sick. Dont want to be at work but hey, its obviously not that busy if I can post here, right? Im sure anyone in I.T can talk to you about having 5 minutes downtime. Need the cash, thats why Im here. Feeling very delirious and keep waking up with that gross film on my lips cause I have to breathe through my mouth because of a blocked nose ive had for the past few weeks. Its not entirely blocked, just blocked enough so that I cant get enough oxygen as I require. Its always worse at night as well, which is what pisses me off. Cant be bothered dealing with people but hey, thats life. Dealing with shit, constantly. What makes it worse is that I have this sick paranoia that things are always worse than they are. You think that it might not be so bad if im acknlowedging that , but I dont see it as a fact, only a possibility. My focus remains with the worst of possibilities because thats how I am.

Anyway, why the hell do I get so sleepy when I play ps1 games?

The Old Skool Warrior One of those weeks LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: One of those weeks

So is the thread about you being sleepy when playing PS1 games? If so, awesome.

If not...

I know all about "one of those weeks" - I've been running the gauntlet a lot myself lately. Working longer shifts than usual and then partying until the sun comes up when I don't have to be anywhere until noon or later... I'm feeling pretty blah myself.

Your paranoia isn't helping your situation but I know there really isn't anything you can do about it except for learn to manage it. Hopefully that's going fine for you.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Boxer of the Galaxy One of those weeks Rowan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    So is the thread about you being sleepy when playing PS1 games? If so, awesome.

If not...

I know all about "one of those weeks" - I've been running the gauntlet a lot myself lately. Working longer shifts than usual and then partying until the sun comes up when I don't have to be anywhere until noon or later... I'm feeling pretty blah myself.

Your paranoia isn't helping your situation but I know there really isn't anything you can do about it except for learn to manage it. Hopefully that's going fine for you.
    My paranoia falls under the catagory of hypochondria, although I will often get paranoid about other things, more than often to do with what and how people think. The only way to deal with it, is to not deal with it. Forgetting is the only way to feel good again. If i was out partying at least I could justify why I felt run down, but for now Im just going to stick to some sort of cold/flu.

But I really do get sleepy when I play ps1 games. I want to know if other people do as well.

TFF's Resident Messenger One of those weeks Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, to answer your question, sometimes I do get sleepy playing PS1 games. I also get sleepy playing PS2, Nintendo 64, GameCube, XBox, etc. games. But I don't think it is because of the games. It usually is because I don't get enough sleep most of the time. One could claim that the simpler graphics or more soothing music effects a person's sleep patterns. Or maybe playing older games brings back memories of childhood and how a person was always tucked into bed at night after playing a video game. How their parents would say that it was time for bed, and how they would whine to the parents and say, "Just five more minutes."

But as for the other topic, my life has been more like a country song lately. You know, the one where the guy is complaining that the dog died, his truck broke down, the girlfriend left and whatnot. Well, insert bike where truck is, add two dogs to the other one, and insert a Grandma dying where the girlfriend part is. Yep, a right old country song.

Yeehaw!
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Memento RK One of those weeks Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've had one of those good weeks. I got my marks back. I've been relaxing my ass off. Things are good.

The only way to feel good IS NOT to forget them. I remember everything. It's a matter of coming to terms with the situation and dealing with it. MAKE IT BETTER! And don't wallow in depression or whatever has you down. It sucks you into a negative spiral and we allllll know how that goes. Positive thinking makes you not only feel better, it makes your life better overall. When things get bad, think of where you want to be and GO THERE! It might feel awful at the time, but positive thinking pays off. (It has to do with the law of attraction. I was skeptical about it at first....but when I started to see that it's actually true, I BELIEVE) <--Call me what you want. I have a good life. If you don't believe in the law of attraction, think of it as mind over matter. That's another mantra that goes through my head when I'm feeling low.

ALSOALSO, don't think that life is all smiles and sunshine. Everyone has bad days/weeks/MONTHS. It's just how one deals with their problems. Thinking positive is the only way I know how to make life seem better. You also need a heck of a lot of patience. Everything won't be there when you want it. A cure for your cold/flu won't be there right when you want it. You'll just need to wait it out.

You'll be alright Rowan

EDIT: FYI Post number 666!!! My favourite number
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

is not a douche One of those weeks Bubble Boy's Avatar

so what do you do for a living? Something with computers?