Thread: Oh wowzers a post from the good aul nix fella, hes such a swell guy!

Oh wowzers a post from the good aul nix fella, hes such a swell guy!

Ok so it's looking highly likely ill be moving to Canada to work for a year, applied for a visa and im going to be an optimist on this occasion and assume ill get.

Anyway ill be moving to Vancouver, not my desired choice, i want to go somewhere warm for a change as ive heard its pretty much exactly like Irish weather... rainy and windy..

Wait... Why am i going? Oh yes ive friends going who kind of rallied me into it, plus ive other friends there, i desired change and feel the need to explore. And its good to not go alone, eases on the home sickness i suspect.

I'm not too sure what ill do when i get there exactly, get a job, but as what? I've been in and out of college but never really found anything i liked so never done the tests. My only real work experience is customer service/gambling knowledge from my on and off part/full time job over the last decade, which is shit and id hate to work in that kind of environment again, its not healthy on the mind, to sum up my views on office work on 90mins watch the movie office space.

Anyway... where was i? oh yes, a job, can anybody think of any good job ideas? id try anything, especially if its a type of job not foreign to my home, like a mounty or somethin mad like that.. heck id even take a job in a zoo for a laugh, unless it was shoveling elephant shit, or any kind of shit for that matter, fuck that shit..

Also any cool places i MUST go to in that vicinity of the country?

This blunt is nearly done, its hard to type and skin up..

What else.... oh yes! Is there any hot climate parts in canada? like majority of the year? i may fuck off on me own if i dont like the aul vancouver.. Cant switch to USA side as i dont think my visa would cover it..

I can't really think of much more that needs covering...

To put purpose to this thread i ask, has anybody ever done the aul migration to any other country/state? Did you like it?

Also what job do you have and do you like your job? pro/cons..

BOOM!! And there we have it.. A double question finish post!

I thank you! I'll go shhhhmoke this and ill see you crazy kids next time!!

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Re: Oh wowzers a post from the good aul nix fella, hes such a swell guy!

Security maybe?
    Dunno if the money's good in Canada, but it's good here in Australia and from what I heard from a guy in the US, there too if you work for a good company and not someone dodgy (believe he said he was internal security for Macy's, dunno though, it was something Australia doesn't have).

Lots of roles, most allow you to chat with the general public and it's generally a cruisey job unless you're working a site that has a lot of pricks that you have to be polite to (think some stores, which is why I gave up Fiance Loss Protection on my license even though I trained in it).
    victoria aut mors

48 views and 1 reply?

**** you guys!

Thanks for your input Furore, whats Macy's? And what would internal security entail? would i be issued a sidearm?

Haha I kinda replied via your profile. Vancouver despite its rain can actually be a sweet place. I recommend getting a bike and using it instead of a vehicle or bus, with traffic and what not you will notice that the time differnce isn't that big in the different modes of transportation.

If you read check the library out on West Georgia street. It is pretty huge and archtectually(sp?) beautiful. There are a couple tourist traps like the Aquarium and stuff that are worth at least on gander. When I was there there was this sweet noodle place that was delicious but I can't remember the name, so that is pretty useless because there are tons of places like that. Gotta try going to a Dim Sun meal while your there at least once. Don't be afraid to try the new stuff out.

Lastly if you enjoy hockey try to score tickets to see the Canucks or the minor league below them. Vancouver has a CFL team too if you like football. Oh and make sure you check out Said the Whale.
    EBG

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Not sure what it is to be honest.
    Internal security is when instead of working for a security company or a contracter, a (generally larger) company trains it's own people. Sidearm depends on the work, here you need a specific license (Australian gun laws are very strict).

This guy was mostly in a control room viewing monitors and relaying info to other guards while also doing a bit of floor work and told me he was pulling in roughly $2500 a week, which amazed me as at the time the US dollar was still stronger. You wouldn't get that to begin with though (possibly doing night shifts I suppose), this guy had been working a couple years.
    victoria aut mors

Bananarama Oh wowzers a post from the good aul nix fella, hes such a swell guy! Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Honestly, your best bet is to talk to my boy Ecks. He's from over there and I'm sure he can hook you up.

If I ever get my passport, I'll have a pint with ya.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

I think tiffany lives in the same area or something?! Idk my canadian geography all that well so I could be a big liar, but maybe she would know what the local economy is like. And once Peter gets his passport, I already have mine, so we'll both come up and show you canadians a real time.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Yeah ! TFF Beers and laughs!

Pete how do you not have a passport? I heard most Americans don't have one now that i think of it, why is this??

The Old Skool Warrior Oh wowzers a post from the good aul nix fella, hes such a swell guy! LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's expensive as hell to leave the country these days and they ****ing triple-screen everyone for national flights... I've heard international flights are even more of a nightmare. I haven't had a valid passport since about 2008 or so, and didn't really have any intention of renewing it until I had a reason to go overseas.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.