Thread: Anyone Game For Some Headless Basketball?

Registered User Anyone Game For Some Headless Basketball? Dimi's Avatar

Anyone Game For Some Headless Basketball?

James Patrick Roughan, 28, has pleaded not guilty in the Supreme Court in Brisbane to murdering 17-year-old Morgan Jay Shepherd on March 29, 2005.

Instead, he pleaded guilty to a charge of accessory to murder after the fact, but the crown rejected the plea and is proceeding with a murder trial.

Roughan also pleaded guilty to one count of interfering with a corpse.

Mr Shepherd's headless body was found in a shallow grave near Dayboro, west of Brisbane, on April 1, 2005.

The court was today told the teenager died after being stabbed more than 133 times, and that his head had been sawn off.

Prosecutor David Meredith told the court Roughan and his friend, Christopher Clark Jones, 24, had murdered Mr Shepherd after becoming embroiled in an argument during a drinking session at Roughan's home in Sandgate, north of Brisbane.

In his opening address, Mr Meredith told the jury several witnesses would testify that they overheard Jones and Roughan boasting about the killing.

He said one witness would say Jones spoke of holding Mr Shepherd down and stomping on him several times before both he and Roughan stabbed him with a knife.

Mr Meredith said Jones also told friends that Roughan used the head like a puppet and a bowling ball, which Roughan denied.

The court was told the pair enlisted a friend to help dispose of the body, and that they later drove back to Dayboro to bury the body more carefully.

Three people have already been sentenced for helping to dispose of the corpse.

Mr Meredith said Roughan and Jones blamed each other for the "thrill kill", but that "both of them were equally involved" in the death.

He said the "barbaric" killing appeared to have had no motive, but may have been fuelled by the consumption of alcohol.

The trial continues.
    SOURCE

This is probably one of the most insane things I have ever heard. And what's more disturbing is how they're saying that there wasn't any motive at all other then that it could've been alcohol induced. Then again, I don't see anything of him drinking so it's a bit odd.

Thoughts on this?

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thats... distubing...

I really don't think alcohol would do that to someone - or someones in this case. If it was to do with alcohol, they must of been drunk the whole time... O_o

If that whole playing around with the head thing is true, thats just... Why the flying flipper would you do THAT? Its one horrible thing to kill, but playing with the body is just wrong. They must of had some kinda mental problem going on - like I said, they couldn't have been drunk the whole time. They must have really sick minds...

And what makes it even the more worse is that they have witness evidence against them, yet they still plead not guilty!

Thats just really sick...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Stage Dives, High Fives. Anyone Game For Some Headless Basketball? Confession's Avatar
    I lol'd at the title........

But that is quite...Well...It is very odd.

I somehow don't belive that booze could've been a part of this, I mean some people react violently, but in such manner?

As Entity said, to kill someone in cold blood is enough as it is, but then to go around playing with the corpse, such things haven't been seen since Charlie Manson was around... I think there must've been more then booze to change someone's mindset so much...But then again I don't know the perpertrators history to make such accusations.

Eitherway that was a crazy bit of a read.. Reminds me of something that Bundy or someone would do.

Wu Tang Killa Bee's, We On The Storm.

Banned Anyone Game For Some Headless Basketball? Jesus Christ's Avatar
    In the hearts of the little boys and girls
    Booze doesn't make you do crazy things, it allows the crazy things you already have in your head to break through the wall of inhibition.

After I read the title I thought they would have said something about them actually playing basketball with the head, but that probably wouldn't work well anyway.

I think there is more to the story then meets the eye, but who knows people get wild hairs and do really stupid stuff. But I can't see Alcohol provoking someone to do something like this. I hate hearing crap like this, but anywhich way it goes it was a good find Arcano.

Arcano, Point to note your sig is kind of funny when it comes to this story.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 07-18-2008 at 04:08 AM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User Anyone Game For Some Headless Basketball? Dimi's Avatar
    Originally posted by Meier Link
    Arcano, Point to note your sig is kind of funny when it comes to this story.
    I noticed that too after I had posted the thread. ><

I don't think the reasoning for the guy doing that was all alcohol induced. As Entity had mentioned, maybe the guy had some sort of mental disorder or has psychological problems. Obviously, someone who's sane wouldn't decapitate someone's head off and turn it into some sick game.

Banned Anyone Game For Some Headless Basketball? Jesus Christ's Avatar
    In the hearts of the little boys and girls
    They should have took it bowling. Maybe they could have used other parts of the body as the pins.

UH OH, I'M INSANE.