Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nuts

Blog Entries

Nuts

Do you like nuts? I enjoy nuts. I put them in my mouth, and scrape the skin off with my teeth, before swallowing them whole (and associated innuendos).

I'm talking about the fruit, and that's no lie.

I've recently got really into nuts after one of my lecturers started harping on about them and how they're full of antioxidants which kill free radicals in your body. This is especially true when the nut is raw.

My favourite nut is the almond. I like them raw, but also roasted, and covered in dairy milk chocolate.

I really dislike Brazil nuts. They're just disgusting, and the size turns me off.

I usually stay away from peanuts. The reason for this is that the peanut is often home to a particular fungus which is carcinogenic. I don't like cancerous nuts (testicular cancer jokes are never funny).

What types of nuts do you enjoy munching on?

When I go to the Asian market, I buy raw peanuts, and I boil them, they're really good that way. Everyone should try that at least once, but you have to make sure you buy them raw. I like all nuts *cough* I also like the asian syle peanuts with the "shell" around them, they're kind of spicy, but I forget specifically what they're called.

Everything but pecans and cashews.....I really can't stand cashews for some reason....maybe it's because of their shape, they're not round like the nuts I'm used to

Do seeds count ?
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 12-02-2009 at 06:41 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries
    Yes, seed counts. Nuts and seed.

And what's wrong with cashews? They're yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yes, seed counts. Nuts and seed.

And what's wrong with cashews? They're yum.
    I think I've eaten every seed possible, so I like them all. There's one type I only get from my relatives in the Philippines called Butong Pakwan which are actually a type of watermelon seeds.

As for cashews, I really have no Idea why I can't stand them. My dad says the same thing, but I really don't like them, just like peas >_>; blaaagh.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 11-29-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries
    I like the honey flavored nuts. I eat them like candy flavored candy.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    I like Macadamian nuts. But as a general rule...no... Hazel Nuts are also enjoyable. Also, I take exception in all they ways this thread will, inevitably, be profaned.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Almonds, Cashews, and Pistachios. Coconuts are okay too, but they can be dry, but the power is nice in cakes, and sometimes a chicken curry (either in the rice or in the sauce).

As for seeds, I like bread with poppy seeds on it. Heck, I like seedy bread altogether. Sunflower seeds are my favourite though. ^^

Don't forget the peanut butter! =D

EDIT: How can you forget monkey nuts? They're a case which has two nuts in them. Those things are fun to crack open.
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 11-29-2009 at 03:53 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I'm allergic to most nuts

I have to be careful eating exotic foods etc, incase they contain traces of nuts, its a pain n the ass. But i can usually taste the nut straight away these days and spit it out before it does any major harm, usually walk away with an itchy mouth or fat lip if unlucky

My brothers father in law has it really bad, where i would spit it out he would have to be rushed to hospital, he cant put it in his mouth at all.

Thank god im not that allergic

Thanataphobic Nuts InfiniteRealms's Avatar
    Coconuts are ok. (see what I did there?)

I don't like nuts in general

Shake it like a polaroid picture Nuts RagnaToad's Avatar
    I like some nuts. Cashew nuts are fine, and peanuts are ok too.

But I really like pistachio nuts. They're a little sweet, but yet, there's a little salt on them. (I heard the salt is on there to make them open up.)

I remember I always used to peal a lot of pistachio nuts in front of the tele, without eating any. It gave me so much pleasure to be able to eat a bunch of them in the end, without having to peel. Ah, good times.

Also, roasted chestnuts are great, but the last ones I ate must have been when I was in grade school. Shit, that's a long time ago.

EDIT: I don't like pistachio ice cream though. Bleh.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 11-29-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries
    I love pistachio ice cream. If I could still have ice cream, I would get pistachio. Or butter pecan.

I am a nut fan. Peanuts (are actually legumes, but whatev), almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, pistachios, hazelnuts, etc etc. I love them. And nut butters. Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter... real ****ing delicious. This morning, I had almond butter and blueberry jam on a toasted English muffin and it was awesome. And they're good for you. If I had my "healthy food" book with me, I'd quote a passage for you.

Oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts is yummy.

And coconuts are one of my favorite foods, period. And one of my favorite things to smell like. Coconut oil and coconut milk make for good cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity
    How can you forget monkey nuts? They're a case which has two nuts in them. Those things are fun to crack open.
    ...what the **** are monkey nuts?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    ...what the **** are monkey nuts?
    These are monkey nuts.

They're peanuts in the shells. They might have a different name over there, I don't know... You find them at funfair's along with the pop corn. Squirrels seem to like them too.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    These are monkey nuts.

They're peanuts in the shells. They might have a different name over there, I don't know... You find them at funfair's along with the pop corn. Squirrels seem to like them too.
    Monkey nuts is another name for peanuts.

I didn't know they were called that in English too sometimes. Weird.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    Monkey nuts is another name for peanuts.

I didn't know they were called that in English too sometimes. Weird.
    I've only ever heard of them as Monkey Nuts when they're in the shells. *shrug*

We're an odd bunch.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Death Before Dishonor Nuts Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll be honest when I saw the thread titled nuts my homoerotic instincts kicked in and I had to check it out..lol

The only nuts I really enjoy are honey roasted cashews, I eat them SOB's like there ain't no tomorrow. I also enjoy pecans but that is only in my butter pecan ice cream, yummy i'm hungry now time to break my diet and enjoy some ice cream, I mean i've had a very busy day I deserve it right guys!!!

The worst nut I have ever eaten in my life was a brazil nut it tasted well like nuts, not that I know what they taste like

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Blog Entries
    I love cashews, almonds and peanuts. I also like walnuts, but I'll only have a small amount since they kind of make my teeth feel weird if I eat too many.

Lately I've just been picking up those Planter's mixed nut containers. It's usually the heart healthy or the south beach varieties, since they're made to be healthier in general.

Oh and I also hate Brazil nuts. They're just awful.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I very much like walnuts. Peanuts are pretty good, too. I also like almonds sometimes.

Walnuts are the best though!! I can eat tons of them. Mmm, I want some now.

Registered User Nuts
    Okay, what's the deal with these Brazilian nuts? Are they really that bad? I see a few posts in this thread that seem to say that they are.

Anyway, the kind of nuts that I like are salted or honey-roasted peanuts, almonds, and pecans. We have lots of pecan trees around where I live, and when the pecans start to fall from the trees, you see people out and about collecting them up to sell. You can make a pretty penny by selling pecans. You can make even more if you actually crack them open and sell them shell-less. It's a lot of work though.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuke View Post
    I'll be honest when I saw the thread titled nuts my homoerotic instincts kicked in and I had to check it out..lol
    Success!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Okay, what's the deal with these Brazilian nuts? Are they really that bad? I see a few posts in this thread that seem to say that they are.
    Yes! Oh Dear Lord, yes!

I can't really describe them, except to say that they are quite dry and sort of turn to little pieces of hard crap in your mouth. The size is an issue if you think they taste bad, but still seek their nutty goodness (high in selenium, apparently), as you only get a single large one, not many small ones which you could perhaps bury in a mouthful of cashews. Just bleh. My least favourite food in the whole world, as much as I love my nuts.

Speaking of my nuts, I find the lack of innuendos disappointing, to say the least.

I really like pistachios. I can eat so many of those. They are really expensive here though so I never get them. I really like almonds as well.

Macadamia nuts are another favourite of mine. My elderly next door neighbours in my home town used to have two big trees of them and they would always give us a bag full. My brother and I would sit on the concrete with a hammer, smash the nut open and eat it. We would do this for hours. It was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Speaking of my nuts, I find the lack of innuendos disappointing, to say the least.
    Dude. We can totally have a private party with all the guys and pass along our nuts to eachother. We can grade them on shape, taste and ofcourse size.

Btw, what's innuendo?
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 11-30-2009 at 09:15 AM.

My dad is always walking around with a bag of salty nuts in his hand

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRealms View Post
    My dad is always walking around with a bag of salty nuts in his hand
    Yours or his?

I admit that when I first saw the thread title, I thought "Oh dear..." But look, y'all have been so mature.

And I forgot all about macadamia nuts, but they are quite enjoyable. I like them in cookies.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

Such a rude assumption

Peanuts, actually. Tesco's own brand

Blog Entries
    Tesco's nuts, then. I see.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceaneyes
    I admit that when I first saw the thread title, I thought "Oh dear..." But look, y'all have been so mature.
    But... this thread had so much potential! I mean... come on!

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad
    Dude. We can totally have a private party with all the guys and pass along our nuts to eachother. We can grade them on shape, taste and of course size.
    Why does it need to be private? It's just nuts, right?

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Well, if we read into it Oceaneyes, Tesco is short for TessaCo (or so I'm told) named after the founders daughter/wife or something, so he's holding Tessa's nuts :0

Blog Entries
    I tried shaving mine once, but it was too much of a hassle and a tedious process.

Coconuts, ya freaks.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I tried shaving mine once, but it was too much of a hassle and a tedious process.

Coconuts, ya freaks.
    Chicks dig that. Or so I heard.

I'm DYING to see you! Nuts ViviMasterMage's Avatar
    I have to say that I LOVE Pistachio nuts. My dad has loved them, my brothers and my sister have all loved them!

I love them salted and I also love pulling the shell apart... though it can be a major hassle.

Anyone else into the Pistachio nut?

My things:

My TFF Family!:
    My very hyper moogle loving cousin Meigumi!
    My grammar obsessive twin AWESOME brother Fate!
    My powerful, dangerous, short tempered younger brother Alther!
    My badassly cool chaos-loving lord who adores big swords and uber spells, Elyon Demidias
    My awesomely cool big brother xXCloudXx
    "The Bestest Buddy" xTidus (Aka Casey)
    My Okami-playing, Sephiroth-fangirl American cousin Dodie16
    My brother and stealthy swordsman of poetic power genome's blade
    My brother from another mother Gilgameshed_Up

My Fatey!:

Quote Originally Posted by Meigumi
    ....... I was reaaally hoping you'd say something else, but whatever! HEY, EVERYONE! WE'RE HAVING A CONVERSATION! 8D
    Fate's beautiful haiku:
    Lost in reverie
    Memories drifting through me
    So calm like the sea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast