Thread: No internet connection available! :(

G'day No internet connection available! :( NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No internet connection available! :(

This morning around 7am my computer started running super slow. Thought it was Chrome, so I reinstalled it... Didn't help. Thought it was my internet, but it was running slow without internet connected. I use mobile broadband USB which uses a SIM card. I reinstalled that but it said "network card failed" which I assume is the SIM card. I took that out of the device and put it in my phone and the internet worked (not very well), but it worked. I put it back in the device and reinstalled again but didn't help.

I called my service provider (Optus) and the operator asked me to try it in another computer to see if it is the device or my computer/internet settings that is causing the issue. She said if it is the device that they might replace it.

So I'll try the device at work tomorrow as I don't have access to another computer here and see what happens. The device settings are the same as before and I can't figure out how to change or add to the internet settings on my computer. It says in the network and sharing centre that "the dependency service or group failed to start." Also in change adapter settings it has the device listed as not connected but enabled. Otherwise states the device is working properly.

Can anyone help? That f***ing Che (bless his heart) tried to help to no avail, but thanks! I have no goddamn idea and it is frustrating the hell out of me haha. I think that's all the information I have at present and I hope this makes sense. Aaand it gives me a reason to actually post haha. I have this feeling the solution is so easy and I'm just a dumbass.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen

The Old Skool Warrior No internet connection available! :( LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: No internet connection available! :(

This sounds almost certainly like the SIM card is ****ed. If it doesn't work in another system tomorrow, if go ahead with the replacement process.

» Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my Galaxy S2
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those dongle things are difficult things to work with. I've had them with T-Mobile and 3, and both times I had super slow net and installation issues with them. In theory, they sound like an amazing idea. In actuality... they're a piece of shit. Lol.

How'd the test go at work? It could just be a faulty dongle refusing to pick up signal, in which case you can ask for a replacement. I don't remember needing a new sim, just the device was acting up.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Ayyye No internet connection available! :( Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it DOES work, try a system restore point on your PC. Idk anything about this stuff though...

I invented Go-Gurt. No internet connection available! :( Clint's Avatar
    In order to solve this problem, you must first understand what exactly the internet is. "Inter" means in the midst of, and a "net" is a series of fibers woven like a grid structure. In the context of a computer, this means that you are in the midst of virtual woven grid fibers. In the internet, sometimes a SIM card, or a Serving In Midair card is needed. This provides all sorts of catering service while inside of a flying aircraft.

In order to obtain an internet connection using your Service in Midair card, you must apply pressure. Place your card against the virtual woven fibers of the internet until the two conjoin into a hybrid intersimnet. This should solve all of your connectivity problems.

Ignore me. I'm retarded.