Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! NFL Football ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    Yeah the Green Bay Packers are heading to the NFC Championship game next week against the Cowboys or Giants. Man after Ryan Grant fumbled twice in back to back drives which ended up turning into two TDs (Seahawks 14 - Packers 0), I was thinking here we go again. But the Pack pulled out of their hole to win the game 42-20. Grant ran for 201 yards on the ground and 3 touchdowns, and Favre threw 3 touchdowns. This will be the Packers first time in the NFC Championship since January 1998. GO PACK GO!!!!
    Last edited by ~FANTASY-ENDER~; 01-12-2008 at 06:49 PM.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

The New York Giants just beaten the Dallas Cowboys 21-17 and now the Packers play at home for the NFC Championship game against the Giants January 20th and I can't wait. And for the AFC Championship its the Pats against the Chargers.
    Last edited by ~FANTASY-ENDER~; 01-13-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Wow.

Two major upsets. It completely changes what everyone expected to see. No Colts-Patriots classic, and no Cowboys-Packers shootout.

The Packers look like they can take the Giants easy, but the Chargers are surging at the right time. Should be interesting.

GOOO!!!! CHARGERS!!!!! COME ON THIS IS YOUR ONE CHANCE TO SHINE!! TAKE DOWN THE PATRIOTS AND WIN THE SUPERBOWL AGAINST THE PACKERS (most likely)!!!!
    I HOPE L.T. IS BACK IN AFTER LEAVING WITH A BRUISED KNEE< AND PHILIP RIVErs WITH A HURT RIGHT FOOT!
    IF THE CHARGERS CAN TAKE DOWN THE COLTS, THEN THEY CAN KILL THE PATRIOTS!!! (maybe.... hopefully...) (well it cant hurt to hope...)

GO CHARGERS!!!
    Dragoons Rule

This is a MUST SEE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHl2lrj_6GQ
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27687.html?type=wmv
    ChecK it out FFIV DS!!!!!!!!

If you are are good drawer, good with photoshop, or feel like looking at some pictures check this out: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ad.php?t=58607
    its a contest to see who can draw the best final boss for a FF game, which i am a judge. If you want more info check the thread or ask Momo Mastermind

Blog Entries
    Yay, three out of the four teams I wanted to win this weekend won. Although I would've liked Favre to have another shot at finally winning a game at Texas Stadium, oh well. I only got to see one game, though; I was at work all day Saturday (9 to 7) and I watched the Chargers game with my friend, who taped it on DVD, so we watched it while the Dallas/NY game was going on. I only saw the second half, too.

It was fun to watch the second half of that game with him and his family, though. I watched my language because we were watching with his mom, and I actually went the whole game without a loud outburst or curse. Go me.

What happens if the Packers play the Chargers in the Super Bowl? I will probably have to watch it somewhere where my friend and his family are not, or else we might kill each other. I'm guessing it'll be a Packers/Patriots rematch of the '97 Super Bowl. Anyhoo...

Wvu, Yer Mom

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    While I'll be rooting against the Packers all the way to the Super Bowl, I don't care who defeats the Pats, as long as somebody does. I'd rather the Giants take the Patriots down, but I'll give up and compromise to see the Packers win the Super Bowl, if it's against the Pats. At this point, the Giants would be my favorite to take it all, followed closely by the Chargers, then hopefully not the Packers, and anything but the Pats.

The problem is, I think the Packers are the team with the best chance to take the Pats out. Maybe the Chargers, but I don't think the Giants can do it.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

I would like to see the Giants go all the way. I hate the Patriots and Favre, so it is really only between them and the Chargers, and I am starting to dislike Phillip Rivers. Arguing with Colts fans, kind of juvenile.

It would be nice to see the Giants get that monkey off their back. Who would have thought that without Shockey or Barber, they would do better than ever before?

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n NFL Football FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    Packers go all the way! They'll take down the Giants for sure. I'm hoping the Chargers beat the Patriots, but that isn't likely to happen. Frankly, as long as the Patriots lose, I am happy. Still, go Packers!
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

Pretty much, I've heard some people around saying that the Chargers will beat the Patriots but that won't happen. The Pats are just gonna show them and make them feel sorry lolz

Anyways, I expect to see the Pats and Packers at teh Super Bowl. I was laughing when the Cowboys lost. My dad was laughing as well and told me that he shouldn't have gone to Mexico. lolz Oh well, tho. There is always next year for you Cowboy fans. XD

I was quite surprised that the Colts were defeated by the Chargers. I thought it was going to be the Colts and the Pats for the AFC Championship game but I was wrong.

Anyways, these games are quite fun to watch now. XD

Synthesized Ascension NFL Football Zardoch's Avatar
    Ho DAMN was that an awesome football day! The colts oh I hate so much getting PWNED a third time by the chargers and then the cowboys I dislike almost as much getting PWNT by the giants. Wow! Some of the biggest upsets I've seen in a long time and thankfully were good upsets that made me happy.

Sadly though, I think the patriots are going to get another scratch on their belt against the chargers, but another upset is something we can only hope. The Giants and Packers game is going to be good though so I'm definitely excited for that.
    Last edited by Zardoch; 01-15-2008 at 08:36 PM.

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    Conference Championship games today. San Diego Chargers at New England Pats and New York Giants at Green Bay (fudge) Packers.

The Chargers/Pats game is on now. Chargers were held to three-and-out on their first posession, but held the Pats to a punt as well. Just now, the Chargers punted again, which was called as a far catch at the 10.

While I don't really see the Chargers winning ... I really don't like the Pats, and I'd really like them to lose. I don't like the Packers either, and I'd like to see the Giants win ... but I don't really see either happening. But from the first eight minutes, this looks like it'll be a decent game right now.

There are quite a few Packer backers on this forum, which I didn't really expect.

EDIT: One thing I gotta know. Those things at midfield, near the sidelines, in the grass. What the hell are them things?

EDIT: Well, there go the Chargers. Those pansy-ass Pats are heading to Arizona to try for another ring. The New York Giants led the league in sacks, and pressuring Brett Favre is the only way to throw him out of rhythm. The cold weather (damn, Wisconsin sucks) isn't partial, but it should make it more of a hinderance to both teams, keeping the ball on the ground.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-20-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Holy crap. I couldn't believe that Giants beat the Packers. I thought that Favre would do better bu I guess I was wrong. Heh...it's another rematch. Pats vs. Giants. I think it's going to be a pretty good game.

I was watchign SportsCenter and Tom Brady is "hurt" as they say. He's wearing a boot on his left leg. I think that he'll be fine.

The Giants are certainly a surprise, but they did have all the tools to be successful. They have just been waiting on Eli Manning to become decent.

The Chargers have no one else to blame but themselves. They intercept Brady three times and get into the end zone three times. If they succeed in that area, they win. But instead, injuries and bad playcalling doomed them.

(Double post. But for a reason.)

Here we are, Super Bowl Sunday. Hopes? Predictions?

Obviously, the Pats are huge favorites. But I have a hundred dollars on the spread (12 points), because I think the Giants can keep it close, based on how they played last time.

At the very least, watch for the commercials.

Wanted the Packers to win it, but oh well. I am rooting for the Giants, but to be frank, I think that the Patriots are going to win, oh well. Go Giants!
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

WOW, has Brady been getting OWNED during the first half. The Giants have been just pounding that offensive line like dough and then reaching through for Brady's soul. This is gonna be one hell of a game.

Sadly, unless the Giants can put together their offense more strongly in the second half, I really don't see them winning. Some great throws and catches, but they really need to give it 200% if they wanna win.

The Giants defensive coordinator, Steve Spagnuolo, has been outstanding. If only the Giants could figure out that defense. They seem to get scared more often than they should. The Patriot linebackers are the weakness, and you have to run on them.

Ooooooommmmmmmmmfffffffggggggggggggggianttsssssss! !! Giants Win! The Pats Are Incomplete! The Giants Have Won Superbowl 42!!!!!!!!

Amazing Catch By Tyree Btw!!!!!

Omfgggggg!

HA HA NO SUPER BOWL WIN FOR THE PATS. Congrads to the New York Giants! No Perfect season for the Pats lol lol.

Gingersnap NFL Football OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahaha when the Pats coach wanted that one last second back, I giggled until that one second was over.

Fun game, I'm full of unhealthy food, and I put off homework. Ahhhh.

Goooo Giants.

Oh, and I skipped the half time show. Did I miss anything?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Lady of the Flowers NFL Football Anthiena's Avatar
    You missed Tom Petty, who did an excellent job. It was the shortest halftime show for the superbowl I ever saw.

My friend jumped two feet in the air twice when the Giants won. "YEEEEAAAAHH!" Was what he was yelling whilst doing it. It was funny as hell.

That was one hell of a game, fo' sho. I liked the commercial that paid tribute to SNL. (The Roxbury boys)
    I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
    I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Kunihiko Ikuhara "Ikuni"

Yeah, go Giants! Way to beat the Pats! Good to see that last night, Eli was amazing, and Tom got shut down. No perfect season for the Pats. Peyton was happy for his little bro, now both have one a superbowl.
    My TFF Family

Blog Entries
    That was an amazing finish, definitely. I almost didn't want to watch the game though, I was so thoroughly disgusted when the Packers lost. I didn't want to root for either team, but I'm glad the Giants won now. Particularly considering I got to root for yet another player from the state of Oregon, TE Kevin Boss. He had that 43 yard reception that set up the touchdown at the beginning of the fourth quarter. Of course, that pales in comparrison to that catch by Tyree. That last two and a half minutes had everyone watching at a mostly indifferent party (they were more about drinkiing). We all went "WHOAH!" when Alford sacked Brady with 10 seconds to go.

I'm happy for Strahan and Boss. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Holy crap! That was awesome. The Giants pwned them Patriots. I even predicted that this was going to happen cuz the Pats seemed distracted. Plus, my brother was ticking me off so yeah. I predicted that the Giants were going to win and it was going to be very close.

Anyways, congrats to Eli and the Giants!

18-1, need I say more?

Giants defense totally made the superbowl for them. Manning got a lot of lucky breaks, but the 3rd conversion at the end and the catch by Tyree was absolutly amazing.

My dad was rooting for Patriots, for a perfect season. I was totally going for Eli Manning. I can't necessarily say I'm a FAN of him, but considering Payton is my favorite quarterback, I guess it goes without saying, 'eh? Strahan is a beast, though.

Stats wise, Giants played their worst game of the season offensively. Brady spent more time on his ass than he did any previous game of the season, had the most incomplete passes, and the most 3 and outs.

I wanted to see the Colts take out the Patriots, but sadly they lost to the effing Chargers. I called the Colts losing the night before the game, though. I called the Packers losing to the Giants after watching the Dallas game, and I woke up Sunday morning and said to my dad "Morning... ready to watch the Pats go 18-1?"

Glad I was right. =D

I'm especially happy to see the Patriots lose after upsetting my hometown Rams (and the whole Spygate thing going on) back in their first win of the "dynasty"
    Last edited by Sean; 02-06-2008 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirgon View Post
    I'm especially happy to see the Patriots lose after upsetting my hometown Rams (and the whole Spygate thing going on) back in their first win of the "dynasty"
    And now there are reports that the Patriots videotaped the Rams walk through practice the day before the game. That more or less seals how much they cheat. There is no way a team like theirs could stop the Greatest Show on Turf without help. They proved they can't win a Superbowl fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by El Wray View Post
    And now there are reports that the Patriots videotaped the Rams walk through practice the day before the game. That more or less seals how much they cheat. There is no way a team like theirs could stop the Greatest Show on Turf without help. They proved they can't win a Superbowl fair and square.

Yeah, they taped redzone offense rundowns the day before the superbowl, that's what I was referring to with the "upsetting my Rams and the spygate thing"

The sous chef where I work gets all fired up over those allegations haha. He went to Johnson and Wales University in Providence and had to deal with Patriots fans out the ass, so he's happy to see them go down. Poor guy was there when the Red Socks won the World Series, though.

What a bunch of cheating asses, the Patriots need to cheat to win championships. They should lose all the Super Bowl trophies they won. And the coach should be fired and fined, and the Patriots should be banned from the 2008 season next year. HEY PATRIOTS STOP YOUR DAMN VIDEO TAPING & PLAY FAIR FOR ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Fantasy X~ View Post
    What a bunch of cheating asses, the Patriots need to cheat to win championships. They should lose all the Super Bowl trophies they won. And the coach should be fired and fined, and the Patriots should be banned from the 2008 season next year. HEY PATRIOTS STOP YOUR DAMN VIDEO TAPING & PLAY FAIR FOR ONCE.

Things like this go on all the time in sports, in the end it didn't really make too much of a difference in the outcome of past superbowls, or in entirety this season.

Today is the Pro Bowl, the final football game of the year to fiinish the 2007 season, hope the NFC wins this one.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast