Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! NFL Football ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    Packers bounce back after the Cowboy loss with a win over the Raiders 38-7, and now the Packers (11-2) have the NFC North put away and are getting ready for the Rams next week.
    GREEN BAY PACKERS 2007 NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!!!
    Last edited by ~FANTASY-ENDER~; 12-09-2007 at 04:33 PM.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    WOW.

Is anybody else watching the Indy/Baltimore game?

The Colts are spanking the Ravens like a four-year-old at K-Mart.

Right now, there's 1:10 left in the first quarter, Colts have the ball, First Down and Ten, around midfield.

And they're winning 23-0.

(Alright, now it's First and Ten, around the Baltimore 40, Colts' ball, end of the 1st. But still.)

Indianapolis is making this game look incredibly easy. They're manhandling the Ravens. Whupping them.

Anyway ... Yeah, that's prettymuch all I have to say.

And that I find it slightly comedic that even in Wisconsin, where Miller beer is brewed, a 20-pack of Bud Light bottles is cheaper, by about seventy cents, than a 18-pack of Miller Light bottles. I would have gone out with my boss and co-workers to dring a few tonight, but it would have been with my boss's boyfriend as well, and I'm extremely honest when I drink. I might have ended up saying something to my boss that would have made her or her boyfriend mad, or gotten me slapped, or maybe even fired. See, my boss is not only extremely sweet, and funny, and successful, but she's also completely gorgeous. And I mean, gorgeous. So I'd probably say something that I shouldn't say.

Anyway. Damn. Indy scored another touchdown, and Baltimore just ran the kickoff back for their first score of the night. That was a nice return, but Indy could have covered much better. And apparently, they just showed a statistic, Indy has given up more returns for TDs than any other team in the last two years, not including the great Devin Hester return of the opening kickoff of the Super Bowl.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

What the Colts did to the Ravens should be illegal.

It was to be expected, though. The Ravens defense was crushed after what happened last week.

The Titans, once again, showed they aren't ready yet. The Browns should hold onto that last playoff spot. Minnesota is going to take the last in the NFC, as well.

There isn't much drama left for the following three weeks. Miami isn't going to win a game and the Patriots are going undefeated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I would have gone out with my boss and co-workers to dring a few tonight, but it would have been with my boss's boyfriend as well, and I'm extremely honest when I drink. I might have ended up saying something to my boss that would have made her or her boyfriend mad, or gotten me slapped, or maybe even fired. See, my boss is not only extremely sweet, and funny, and successful, but she's also completely gorgeous. And I mean, gorgeous. So I'd probably say something that I shouldn't say.
    That's interesting, Sasquatch. Little anecdotes like these are what make life entertaining, and I thank you for sharing. Y'know, I used to buy Miller too. I would recommend less mainstream brewing companies, however. Like Widmer or Rogue Brewery here in Oregon. Good stuff.

Anyhoo, I was glad to watch the Packers bounce back this morning. Though I did carry on at the refs and at the Packers from time to time (I'm animated when I'm watching a game. Even if it's on tv, and I'm at home. It keeps things entertaining, I think.) A lot of what I saw on offense was beautiful, however. Including that long bomb to Driver. That kicked ass.

I am also glad the Browns won again. I read that Anderson played well after an early interception (dammit). Really, though, it sounds like the Jets had at least a couple failed opportunities to score early in the game. If they'd succeeded, it might've been a different story. The defense really stepped up, then.

Friggen' Cowboys also came back at the last second to win by one point. Good for Cowboys fans, but not for me. There were also those two teams from the AFC that totally destroyed their opponents today. I don't really feel like talking about that, though. Rather pretend it didn't happen. La la la, I can't hear anything! Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Ouch... the raven literally died. the Colts even ended up taking out there starters... I have the Ravens defense in fantasy football and they usually do fairly decent, But NOT THIS TIME!!!!

Patriots are gonna go undefeated, Dolphins won't win at all, and the Chargers will win the Super Bowl!

It was amazing how thw Chargers and LT pulled it out in OT. I was sure they were going to lose. 29 Fantasy Points for LT! YAY!

Chargers FTW!!!!!!!!!
    Dragoons Rule

This is a MUST SEE:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHl2lrj_6GQ
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27687.html?type=wmv
    ChecK it out FFIV DS!!!!!!!!

If you are are good drawer, good with photoshop, or feel like looking at some pictures check this out: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ad.php?t=58607
    its a contest to see who can draw the best final boss for a FF game, which i am a judge. If you want more info check the thread or ask Momo Mastermind

They had a lot of close games yesterday like Cowboys at Lions and Chargers at Titans. Those were the games that my dad likes. They are also cool to see the other team just make a HYUGE comeback all of a sudden.

The Pats are 13-0 and I thought that the Steelers would try and beat them. I was expecting it to be a close game but I was wrong.

Green Bay Packers (12-2) win again 33-14 over St. Louis Rams, and the Packers have a First Round Bye for the first time since the 1997 season. Congraduations to Brett Favre on his record for the most yards passing Dan Marino.

And congraduations to the Miami Dolphins (1-13) on their first victory this season.
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Blog Entries
    Turned the TV on just in time to see that another OSU graduate can play QB at the professional level: Matt Moore, for the Carolina Panthers. I didn't see anything but the end of the game, but they were focusing the camera on him and saying he did an awesome job today. Yay for him! Too bad it had to come against the Seahawks, though. Although at least it wasn't the Packers.

Packers won. Clinched a bye in the playoffs. After the Panthers game, it switched to that, so I got to see the end of that game. I didn't swear or anything this time either when the Rams looked like they would move the ball, because I've come to the realization that if the Packers have a good lead by the end of the game, even if the other team gets a few more points, they're probably not going to come back. That's probably something I should've realized a long time ago, but I'm too used to disappointment from most my teams.

I also watched as Cleveland (via scores at the bottom of the screen) held on to an 8-0 victory over the Bills. Anderson completed only 9 passes out of like 27 attempts or something today, but at least he had no interceptions. Plus, it was snowing. Their defense looks like it's starting to come together, now.

Didn't pay close attention to the other games this morning, but Miami was tied with the Ravens in overtime. Wonder how that one turnedo out. In any case, Go Pack! And go Oregon State graduates! Anyhoo....

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Dolphins did win. The Ravens missed a 41-yard Field Goal, and the Dolphins broke a big play to score a Touchdown. So congratulations to the Miami Dolphins and fans.

I'm watching the Indy/Oakland game now. This is weird. As dominating as the Colts were last week, they're just plain mediocre this week. Halfway through the third quarter, the Colts have scored six -- that's 6 -- offensive points. Their only Touchdown has come from a punt return. They moved the ball inside the Oakland 5-yard-line twice, and both times have been rejected. One resulted in a Field Goal, and one resulted in a failed 4th Down conversion attempt, then a 99-yard drive by the Raiders to march into the End Zone.

The Colts are winning 13-7, but still, where's the comination the Colts have become known for?

In the same sense, the Eagles are beating the Cowboys 7-3. What the hell?

The Pats won again today, too. I want to see the Patriots lose more than I want to see the Bears make the playoffs. And I'm a huge Bears fan, so that should let you know how much I hate the Pats.

Synthesized Ascension NFL Football Zardoch's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm watching the Cowboys game right now and I am AMAZED at how much they are sucking. For some reason I predicated this though because before the game I felt that same feeling I got on the Eagles vs. Pat's game the eagles almost won. The eagles are just doing pretty good and it's 10-6 right now. Too bad I'm not a Cowboys fan . Parents are though, lol.

Anyway, YES, my Packers win with a pretty good game and a team that gave them a workout. Rams, particuarly Jackson as he is pretty damn good running back. That seemed to be their only weapon however. Overall it was what I suspected.

GODDAMN! Back on the Cowboy game, he just got intercepted AGAIN. I think the solution from his suckage is to GET RID OF JESSICA SIMPSON!

Moving along, Saints finally bring it back and win a hard game for them against the cardinals. Even without Bush they were able to end the game after taking a few knees. Still aren't happy with them in the end, but I'm glad they finally won again. I hope it's a different story next year.

GJ to the Dolphins for the first win too .

EDIT: Update for Cowboy vs Eagles game, Westbrook [eagles] dropped down at the one [on purpose] to drop the clock, lol. 1 minute left . Eagles win over Dallas.
    Last edited by Zardoch; 12-16-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Yah the Cowboys lost and now the Packers and Cowboys are both 12-2 and the Packers are a 1/2 game back from home field advantage in the playoffs.

I just got back from the Dolphins game. I have never been so happy.

In other news, the NFC playoff field got pretty mixed up today. The Panthers beat the Seahawks and the Eagles beat the Cowboys.

The Patriots are not looking like they used to. I would actually call the Steelers game a fluke, at this point.

Poor Lions.

Quote Originally Posted by El Wray View Post
    The Patriots are not looking like they used to.
    Indeed. They beat the Jets 20-10 today. For a team that regularly outscored its opponents by thirty points or more, they managed to defeat the Jets by only 10?

The problem is that they still don't have any threats. The Dolphins just ain't gonna beat the Pats, and who else do they play, the Giants? They won't be difficult to defeat, either.

Blog Entries
    Thats how the Pats play though. They rape, then they win by a few, then rape again.

I gotta hand it to the Jets though, they played damn good, aside from a few weather related incidents. Who knows, if they don't throw an interception in the first, make an extra field goal, and have a touchdown count, they would have won by 3. I'm just mad that I didn't put money down on the Jets, cause I would've made a killing! Oh well, here's to us getting a good draft pick
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    he Dolphins just ain't gonna beat the Pats
    You have to believe. The Dolphins stopped the 85 Bears from going undefeated, and then did it to them again in 2006.

Colts will have the upper hand in the snow, as strange as it sounds. They are more ready to pound it with Addai then New England's pass offense.

Watch out, the Giants are fading again.

Damn.

I almost wish I would have been back at my place today, sitting in my recliner, drinking beers, and watching the Bears stomp the Packers. Their best game of the season -- and true to historical Bears form (good defense, forcing turnovers, and decent run-based offense) -- and I miss it.

From what I've seen so far, Chicago blocked not one, but two Green Bay punts, matching a franchise record. Urlacher returned an interception 86 (yes, that's eighty-six) yards for a TD -- and Urlacher's quick, but isn't known for exceptional speed when being compared to runningbacks and receivers.

Special Teams was a big thing. The Bears knew the Packers weren't going to let Hester have a chance at it -- he's the most dangerous kick returner in the league (honestly, maybe in the history of the league). So instead of focusing on setting up coverage and blocking for Hester, they concentrated on putting pressure on the punter -- and it worked. One of the blocked punts was returned seven yards for a TD, and the other was recovered with just seven yards to the endzone anyway. Another punt was fumbled by Green Bay's punter and he fell on it for a ten-yard loss (still a turnover on downs), and yet another punt was kicked off the side of his foot and netted nine yards.

The only thing left to happen next week to make me extremely happy (as far as football goes, anyway) is for the Patriots to lose. I don't care if it's by one point, as long as they lose. I honestly don't see it happening, though.

Yeah, it was a funny thing. Last night I wanted to watch the game since the packers and bears were two of my favorite teams, but I was like, "Meh, Packers will most likely win." Many hours later I wake up, turn the TV on, and find myself appalled by the score of the game, 35-7! That immediately woke me up and I was speechless for a few minutes. Way to go bears!

Other than that the only other surprise was from the redskins last night pwning the vikings. The vikings have been looking pretty good lately though I hate them for beating the bears, but I was surprised how energized the redskins were in tearing them apart.

Then we have the chiefs losing, again. I feel so sorry for them right now.

Eagles are showing some promise with some ethusiasm from almost kicking the patriots ass and using that to run over almost every other team they face. That win over the Cowboys [which I was happy about as I don't exactly like the cowboys] was incredible.

Then we have the 49ners, one of the teams that's probably one of the worse, BEATING Tampa Bay. That is one hell of a surprise there too. It's like everything is turning upside down.

And of course, Patriots win over the Dolphins, but I have to say at least the Dolphins made a good effort in trying to win. I think next year will be something interesting for them as well as many other teams.

Da Bears ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Then we have the 49ners, one of the teams that's probably one of the worse, BEATING Tampa Bay. That is one hell of a surprise there too. It's like everything is turning upside down.
    Shaun Hill might be the future there. All of the sudden, they win two in a row.

Patriots are going undefeated, but look out for the Jaguars. If anyone can run in the Boston snow, its them. Hell, the Colts and Addai might too. See how things how changed in a few years?

Whats up with the Bears? Why didn't they do that the rest of the season?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Wray View Post
    Whats up with the Bears? Why didn't they do that the rest of the season?
    It's because it's the Packers, their arch-nemesis. None of the other games matter as much.The Packers may go to the playoffs and even win the Super Bowl, but the Bears now have something on the Pack; they beat them twice, and the second game was a painfully terrible performance by the Packers.

Talking about other "painfully terrible performances..." man. Dammit, Anderson. You can't throw 4 interceptions against any team and expect to win. The Bengals are one of my other "favorite" teams (because Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh are on the team) but I was rooting for the Browns because they still had a chance for the playoffs. I suppose this is as has been described; the Bengals payed the Browns back for a few years ago (or was it last year?) when they could've gone to the playoffs and the Browns beat them.

Yay Seahawks and Chargers. I assume the Seahawks won, anyway... I never saw the end score. If I'm incorrect... oh well. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Packer game was so bad that I felt like crying, if your trying to go far in the playoffs, you can't stuggle to a losing team. I'm a huge Packer fan, and after seeing this game I just wander if the Packers even have a chance to win it all.

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    Well tabarnac, how about those patriots!? Watching that game, they made that last game sound so easy. All they did was score 3 easy touchdowns via wicked passes a la Brady, with a defensive blitz going horrible when Maroney ran it for (56 yards?) and the second half was but a formality. Miami seriously need a new quarterback, that lemon isn't worth a nickle. But i'm also very glad Parcells is within the organisation..he'll turn things around...

Green Bay...i was like wtf when the score came up. I didn't watch the game but from what i saw in the replay, wow, Packers were manhandled. Poor kicker's self esteem is gone...missed field goal because of a sloppy snap, 2 blocked punts. Word to Urlacher, he's beast.

Giants are next though for the Pats....that..that should be interesting. Thing is, Belichick did say 16-0 wasn't his prime intention. Although with Brady trailing that blasted Peyton Manning's record pass TDs by one, he won't sit until he's got 2 touchdown passes. It'll be good..

Merry Xmas y'all

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Most Bears fans -- and, I'd imagine, Packers fans -- know the importance of the Bears-Packers games. That is the biggest rivalry in the NFL, hands down. One of these teams could be undefeated and the other without a win yet, and when they face each other, it's an entirely different game for both of them. Combined, these two teams have the most Hall of Famers, the most championships, and the most overall history. Though the Bears have beaten the Packers more than they've lost to them, it's always a good game between them, definitely not predictable, and though there's huge competition, there's an immense amount of respect between Chicago and Green Bay.

Kudos to Lovie Smith, the Chicago Bears head coach, for now being 6-2 against Green Bay. I've said many times that the Bears could go winless and the Packers undefeated, except for the two games between each other -- the Bears could go 2-14, and as long as they beat the Packers twice, I would be happy. I would consider that a successful season.

1 week left, and there isn't a whole lot of drama. Pittsburgh and San Diego haven't settled the 3 seed in the playoffs, and the 6th spot in both conferences is still open. Who gets in?

I see the Colts beating the Titans, despite resting their starters. The Browns make it, but the 3rd seed will probably beat them. They are a year or two away. The Redskins, however, should get past the Cowboys, who are without Owens and resting everyone else, taking the sixth seed. I don't think the NFL is fixed, but I could see them going a little farther than they should.

Why hasn't anyone said anything about the game tonight? lol The Giants did an AMAZING job in nearly defeating the Patriots with only a 3 point difference. To me that proves these few late flaws we've seen the past few weeks from the Patriots aren't just something lazy. I feel they WILL be defeated soon enough.

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    Why, because we're simply in awe of how amazing that game was. Respect to the Giants who deserved more than a loss, but damn it, are the Patriots ever amazing. They say good teams win, but great teams find ways to win more often than good teams. Thats exactly what the patriots did, they found a way to win capitalizing on a hidden injury, and a touchdown pass to Moss followed. The world of the NFL changed, having Moss, Brady, and the Patriots own 4 records....question is, are they Super Bowl worthy?

Heck yeah in my opinion...
    Although i'd like the Cowboys to grab it also...

Tomorrow...Colts-Titans....big game...

Congrats to the New England Patriots for exceptional football, and a year of perfection!

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

I dont give a damn about the Pats going 16-0 remember in week 1 they did get caught with the whole video tape scandal. Like I said earlier this year, I wouldn't care if the Pats go 16-0 they don't get the trophy for being undefeated in the regular season. The only thing I care about is the upcoming playoffs.

Umm ... well, they don't get a trophy, but they do get the record for being undefeated in the regular season. Postseason games don't count for most statistics.

While the Patriots are probably the best team in football this year, I seriously doubt that they're close to the best in history. The '85 Bears, for example, would take the Patriots, I believe. Just because they have the best record in history doesn't mean they're the best team. (I mean hell, look at their division. That's at least for guaranteed wins right there.)

And Pats fans will talk about how every team films opponents' signals, which isn't true, and they have no evidence of it -- but of course, that's because they just haven't been caught. The Pats were only caught doing it because they're such a good team and they had a lot of attention, especially from jealousy, just like nobody thinks you're doing steroids if you're weak and scrawny. I've seen Pats fans say things like that. (From what I've seen, the Patriots fanbase is similar to the New York Yankees fanbase in terms of arrogance, especially now that a good half of them are fairweather fans.)

But regardless, congratulations to the Pats. We'll see if they can take the Super Bowl and cap it all off, but even if not, they've got a few more records to add to the books.

The Green Bay Packers finish their Regular Season with a win over the Detroit Lions 34-13, and they tie a team mark with a 13-3 record in the regular season. Now the Packers go into the Playoffs with a first round bye.

Well, today's the day. Playoffs, baby. None of that Wild Card stuff, no bye weeks, everybody's gotta earn their way today.

The Jaguars head to Boston to try to continue their fight into the postseason, but they'll have to bring all they've got against a Patriots offense that might be the best in history. Jacksonville will have to rely on their defensive line and blitzes to put pressure on Brady, while they run the ball and take long enough on offense to keep the Patriot defense on the field, and their offense on the sidelines.

Patriots 34
    Jaguars 20

But there's a time to make history, and a time to reflect upon it. The Seattle Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren has history in Green Bay, where he led the Packers to a Super Bowl championship. Matt Hasselbeck, the Pro Bowl quarterback for the Seahawks, started his career as a backup for future Hall of Famer Brett Favre. Today, they both return to Green Bay, bringing a terrible road playoff record to match Green Bay's spectacular home playoff record. The last time these two teams faced each other in the playoffs was a Wildcard game that went into Overtime, and Hasselbeck answered with "We want the ball, and we're gonna score" when the Seahawks won the coin toss. Hasselbeck did throw a game-ending TD pass, but it was to Al Harris, the Green Bay cornerback, who intercepted a pressured pass and ran it back half the field.

While Hasselbeck and Favre have been about even this year, Seattle has a solid running came, whereas Green Bay is relying on a relatively untested, untempered runningback to mix things up. Both teams will use the running game as more of a distraction than anything else, setting up the pass. The Packers offense needs to rely on misdirection, quickness, and surprise to compete with the speedy Seattle defense, while Seattle needs to concentrate on pressuring Favre into bad decisions and stopping plays before they start. Green Bay's defense needs to be ready for anything, as Seattle has a potent offense both on the ground and in the air, but one of the best cornerback combos in the game will make it dangerous for Hasselbeck and the Seahawks.

Packers 27
    Seahawks 24

We'll see how it goes, though. Right now, with that having been said ... it's Miller time.

EDIT: First play from scrimmage. Green Bay ball. Swing pass right is to RB Ryan Grant is bobbled, caught, then knocked out and recovered by the Seahawks and returned to within the five. Second play from scrimmage ... Seattle touchdown. Already interesting.

EDIT: After Green Bay receives another kickoff, they try two runs with Ryan Grant. On the second, the ball is again knocked out, and again recovered by Seattle, around midfield. And now that I've see El Wray's post, I'll say this ... I'm not a fan of any team playing today, but, being a Chicago Bears fan in Wisconsin, I've grown contempt for the Green Bay Packers. While Favre is a man and a player that everybody should respect, I still want the Packers to lose all the time. And I just can't stand the Patriots or their fanbase, so I'd like to see every one of 'em crying after they lose horribly today.

Dude.

EDIT: Damn. I didn't think it'd be THAT lopsided, but the Packers just creamed the Seahawks. I think they punted once.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 01-12-2008 at 06:37 PM.

I am rooting for both of the underdogs today, as I hate both Favre and the entire Patriots organization. Jacksonville has a shot, but they need to learn from the mistakes of other teams that collapsed against New England in the 4th Quarter.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast