Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

CHOCOLATE ゆきぐに
    I played football in middle school, but I know nothing of the NFL... even if I was born in Miami... >.< (hides in shame)

That One Guy NFL Football dimmufan's Avatar
    Cowboys managed to pull off the win against the Redskins. I always look forward to the Cowboys/Indians game every season. This is one of the oldest and biggest rivalries in NFL football ever.

It also seems that there is no stopping the Pats. If I remember correctly the score was something like 56-10. It was 21-7 after the first quarter. They didn't even have to use their punter until their very last drive.

My prediction is that New England is gonna either whip up on the Cowboys or the Packers in the Super Bowl. As much as I hate to say it, that is what I'm predicting.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

After what I saw happen this week, I think the Packers are the NFC champion. They dismantled Carolina, with ease. The Cowboys have proven to be fallible.

The Steelers look like they aren't ready for prime time just yet. They will lock up their division and the third seed, to be sure, but I couldn't see them beating the Colts in the divisional round.

The Patriots are a lock for the AFC championship game, at the least. Look who they might play. Jaguars, Chargers, Broncos?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A Mighty Zordon View Post
    The Patriots are a lock for the AFC championship game, at the least. Look who they might play. Jaguars, Chargers, Broncos?
    None of those teams are ones to sneeze at. ....unless you're New England, I suppose... Dammit.

The Colts are looking like they're choking at the end of the season. Atlhough they lost like four straight at the end of last season, so...

I am both impressed and depressed with the way the Browns won at the end. They had been ahead by almost two touchdowns at one point (27-13) or possibly more; I was at church, so I missed a lot of stuff this Sunday. They weren't on again anyway though, so I couldn't have seen them anyway.

Yay for the Packers! Yay for Brett Favre winning the "Senior Bowl." Although the defense had me a little bit worried at the end, the way they were giving up huge plays...

I will not get to watch most of the Packers game this Thursday, as I am working from 5 in the Damn 'til 2 in the afternoon (the game is at 12 PM PST.) Suxors. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Wuv, Yer Mom

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! NFL Football ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

The Green Bay Packers are now 10-1 with a win over the Detroit Lions 37-26, ready for the Dallas Cowboys next week Thursday 29th 2007. I can't wait.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Blog Entries
    I'll actually be able to watch that game next Thursday! Unless it's on the NFL network... probably is. Gonna be one helluva big game, though. Hope the Packers' Defense shows up for the game; they will be needed. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    I'll actually be able to watch that game next Thursday! Unless it's on the NFL network... probably is. Gonna be one helluva big game, though. Hope the Packers' Defense shows up for the game; they will be needed. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    I believe it is. Which is redonkulous.

Both teams are dominant. Both are going to have a week and a half to prepare. This could be one of the better games in awhile, even better than Patriots-Colts Part I (Sorry, Steeler fans.)

How about them Colts?

There are only four real contenders now. The other teams are just playing one another for a chance to lose to these four. The Lions and Giants are not dominant, Jacksonville isn't explosive enough, Pittsburgh's defense is too shaky, etc, etc.

The Old Skool Warrior NFL Football LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one watching the Eagle/Patriot game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    I'm not exactly an Eagles fan, but I would LOVE to see them trounce New England in a couple weeks. Someone needs to put a dent in their record. It won't be the Bills, it won't be the Ravens, it won't be... you get the idea. The Eagles are the only ones who stand any sort of a chance at doing so, in my opinion.
    The Eagles have always been good about surprising me though, which is why I think they've got a shot.
    Wow. So...

Yeah. Did I [almost] call it or what?

This game was point-for-point throughout. The Pats made their biggest mistake by rolling in thinking it was going to be easy, and then running into a challenge. They went into this one expecting a win and it bit them in the ass.

The interception in the end zone was a little scary, though, huh?

And of course, the interception on the sidelines that just ended the game.

Sure, the Patriots still won... but the Eagles gave them a hell of a showing, especially with a new quarterback and everything.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I am so mad right now.

I mean, the Eagles had them. They responded to everything that was thrown at them. Down 3, they get into field goal range and try to seal the win. The result? Stupid interception.

But, after games like this, I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants or Steelers manage to win.

Blog Entries
    It's ridiculous, that's what it is. Horrible play calling at the end -- all because they got a little ahead of themselves. Too much excitement, not enough sanity.

Slow and steady. They should have had it.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Synthesized Ascension NFL Football Zardoch's Avatar
    PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one watching the Eagle/Patriot game right now.

Wow. So...

Yeah. Did I [almost] call it or what?

This game was point-for-point throughout. The Pats made their biggest mistake by rolling in thinking it was going to be easy, and then running into a challenge. They went into this one expecting a win and it bit them in the ass.

The interception in the end zone was a little scary, though, huh?

And of course, the interception on the sidelines that just ended the game.

Sure, the Patriots still won... but the Eagles gave them a hell of a showing, especially with a new quarterback and everything.
    Yeah, that was a crazy game. I honestly believe the Pat's just let their guard down and got to comfortable with being "the best", throwing them into a long chain of mistakes that could've been avoided. I was definitely impressed by the eagles too with such great spirit in almost beating them. That definitely gets them a lot more respect for doing what they did.

Anyway, onto a more exciting game, HOW ABOUT DEM BEARS?! Holy shit that was an amazing comeback they had scoring twice in 5 minutes and some amazing touchdowns. I must agree with that one dude though, DON'T KICK TO HESTER! That guy is like my new hero for doing what he did.

Now, I sure hope the 49ners can come back themselves with their great win today. They deserve it. Same with Saints. They finally grabbed another win and hopefully things will be looking up.

I am Ol' Fartsy and I said So! NFL Football Ol' Fartsy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOCOLATE ゆきぐに View Post
    I played football in middle school, but I know nothing of the NFL... even if I was born in Miami... >.< (hides in shame)
    The NFL is basically middle school football on steroids, more grown up, contracts and heck more tough!
    My lovely Niece: ekimeinna

Follow Me

SPOILER!!:
    Yosemite Winter wonderland

Destiny Lives![/center]

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    Heh, just watched the game while doing an essay. Wasn't too impressed by the Pats having dropped long plays and being not "new england-ish" and rather porous.

Gotta give credit to Philly, they showed tonight why they deserve to be considered a force to be reckoned with.

Yes Loco, you did "almost" call it, good stuff!

But if anyone's got a chance at defeating New England, its Miami...

C'mon, imagine the scenario, Miami getting their first win and New England getting their first loss!

I'm putting all my chips in it...

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Blog Entries
    I'm actually thinking you may be right.

It would, without a doubt, be the upset of the century.
    (or at least the decade)

And were we ALL watching that game? Everyone posted at once.

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

I watched the whole Eagles/Patriots game, although I shoulda been trying to get at least a coupla hours of sleep before coming to work. I was thoroughly impressed with the way the Eagles were taking it to the Patriots. They played some damn good attacking football, and it actually worked out well for them. I keep reminding myself that the score shoulda been 28-10 at halftime if Feeley had taken his team to the endzone instead of throwing that first pick. One can only dream what could have been.

Too bad I can't watch my Cowboys whip up on Brett and the Pack. Damn NFL Network exclusivity. Oh well, at least it'll be good to know that Favre is going to end his career 0-9 at Texas Stadium.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking that too last night, when I was watching that game. "Cesar almost called this one." That was a really bad throw by Feeley in the end, though. Way overthrew his receiver. I was disappointed. However, he has played well for them in the past. He won a few games for them one year in the play offs, if I recall.

As for who's going to whip on who Thursday night... we shall just have to wait and see. I don't think there will be any "whipping" done; I expect a close game between two good teams. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

A lot of interesting games.

So much for the Cinderella story of the Lions. They aren't making the playoffs, save a rebirth of sorts.

Jacksonville is going to get a wildcard, but they are easily better than the Chargers, who are almost guaranteed the West by default. Hell, they might be better than the Steelers.

The Dolphins were 1 point favorites. Way off.

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    I'm pretty pissed at the Chicago Bears. They dominated the entire game, with a decent offense and a good defense, and decided to give up in the forth quarter. They screwed the pooch. They had it in the bag until the forth, when they decided to let the Giants march down the field to score a touchdown, then do it again. They had the lead for the entire game, until the last minute and a half.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Sassy... thats because they are the Bears.

* Choke Choke Choke *

Im just sayin... Goes with the territory.
    Listen To Your Heartbeat Flow And Imagine
    Become Jackson Pollack Airbrush Chinese Dragons

I think the Eagles opened the door for the Ravens to have a good chance at blemishing the Patriot's perfect season. Hopefully the Pats didn't learn too much from their mistakes. I really hope Ray Lewis and the Ravens take it to the Pats. I don't mind if the Pats make it to the Super Bowl so long as they don't do it with a perfect 16-0 record. I have a good feeling about Monday Night's game.

The Ace Pilot and Cap'n NFL Football FF Ace Cid's Avatar
    The Packers lost to the Cowboys... That sucked, Bret got injured. 10-2 isn't that bad though. Either way, I was not happy about that game.
    My TFF Family
    My Yaoi crazed sister Bleachfangirl. My evil vampiric sister Anathematized Anachronism. My random exchange student staying with my family, Xeim. . My Bot slicing brother Novacrash. My ever changing niece Athna Loveil.. My insane Gaara fanatic niece Tiger Lily. My loving sister Ekimeinna. My Quincy Co-Pilot Storm. My son, Savior of the Damned.
    My airship flying man in the air utd fan cousin, Sir Alex Ferguson. My sort of insane, out of his mind cousin, Silver. My Queen-obsessed Zico-loving cousin FF Guru. My FF crazed brother Flash. My disturbed and distraught brother Fishie. My Godsmack addicted brother Demon Hunter. My ickle sister xXViviXx. My old school free styling cousin, Pablo Honey. My Cousin most likely to get their hand replaced by a pen, Aerif. My highwind 'barkeep' friend, Unknown Entity. My fighting game loving cousin, Rocky. My FFVII Matey on starboard brother, SecretWeapon. My Pokémon-obsessed sister, Refieth. My FF trivia master cousin, Phantom. My FF VIII obsessed cousin, Craven.

PM me if you want to become part of my airship riding family, The Red Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmufan View Post
    I think the Eagles opened the door for the Ravens to have a good chance at blemishing the Patriot's perfect season. Hopefully the Pats didn't learn too much from their mistakes. I really hope Ray Lewis and the Ravens take it to the Pats. I don't mind if the Pats make it to the Super Bowl so long as they don't do it with a perfect 16-0 record. I have a good feeling about Monday Night's game.
    I hope so, but I don't know if the Ravens can duplicate what the Eagles did offensively. Kyle Boller to who, exactly? McGahee doesn't often have success against New England.

I predicted that Green Bay would be the better NFC team, but I was flat out wrong. You can't put it on Favre being injured, because Aaron Rodgers did better.

Can the Cowboys win against New England? I doubt it. They did get up on them for a while when they played this season.

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastik Assassin View Post
    Sassy... thats because they are the Bears.

* Choke Choke Choke *

Im just sayin... Goes with the territory.
    I don't think it's so much that they choke. They're just too damn inconsistent. Look at Grossman. One week he plays like a Pro-Bowler, the next week he plays like he is a bowler. Even the other day, for three quarters, the Bears dominated, then laid down for the last fifteen minutes. The Offense could get into the Red Zone just fine, but only once into the endzone.

The Bears might be the most inconsistent team in the NFL this year, except for the Saints. Or the Ain'ts, as I like to call 'em.

And I love it when Packer fans talk about how great they are. It doesn't matter how good the Packers are this year or how far they'll go, all that matters is that they still lost to the Bears.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

I am thoroughly pissed off at the 2-minute officiating in the Ravens/Patriots game. The Ravens should have won this game. It all started with Brian Billick's last second time out when his team made a 4th and 1 stop. Then the Ravens get called on a crap defensive penalty that shoulda never been called on another 4th down stop: the reciever ran into the defender! Then Brady throws a TD pass that went under review due to the reciever slightly bobbling the ball right when he stepped out of bounds. That was the score that gave the Pats the lead, and ultimately, the "W". I'm getting sick of all the zebras under the Pats' payroll!

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! NFL Football ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmufan View Post
    I am thoroughly pissed off at the 2-minute officiating in the Ravens/Patriots game. The Ravens should have won this game. It all started with Brian Billick's last second time out when his team made a 4th and 1 stop. Then the Ravens get called on a crap defensive penalty that shoulda never been called on another 4th down stop: the reciever ran into the defender! Then Brady throws a TD pass that went under review due to the reciever slightly bobbling the ball right when he stepped out of bounds. That was the score that gave the Pats the lead, and ultimately, the "W". I'm getting sick of all the zebras under the Pats' payroll!
    Let the Pats win their Regular season games and get cocky, it just means some team will distroy them in the playoffs.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Fantasy X~ View Post
    Let the Pats win their Regular season games and get cocky, it just means some team will distroy them in the playoffs.
    One can only hope.

Anderson looked terrible this weekend. And the Browns lost. Dammit. There was also already people complaining about him over in Cleave-Land, as well. He'd better step up a little bit.

A handful of teams I root for won this weekend. A small handful. This weekend kinda blew for me as far as the NFL goes, but at least my college team won their in-state rivalry this year. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Last edited by Taco-Calamitous; 12-06-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Not "interstate," dammit.

I have just recovered from the Monday night fiasco.

The Patriots may go 16-0, but they aren't winning in the playoffs. They have been exposed.

The Colts are back to form, beating the one of the better teams in the league the way they did.

Despite the loss, the Browns will make the playoffs. The Titans schedule is too tough.

Crup. I have my two favorite teams playing against each other. Steelers and Patriots. It's going to be a good game but will the Pats remain undefeated? I guess we will have to see on Sunday. lolz

Quote Originally Posted by El Wray View Post
    I hope so, but I don't know if the Ravens can duplicate what the Eagles did offensively. Kyle Boller to who, exactly? McGahee doesn't often have success against New England.

I predicted that Green Bay would be the better NFC team, but I was flat out wrong. You can't put it on Favre being injured, because Aaron Rodgers did better.

Can the Cowboys win against New England? I doubt it. They did get up on them for a while when they played this season.
    I absolutely agree. Favre was having the worst game of football he's had in a long time. Rodgers was having a little difficulty, but boy was it still very close! Romo wasn't do so bad either, though TO is killing me missing that pass in the end zone and bouncing it to that frisky defender. I'm a huge Cowboys' fan despite living in New York. Its way too disappointing being a Jets' fan.

I'm actually very excited about Cleveland's playoff possibilities. I'm a bit of a fan now, following and learning about the franchise. My father works for the Browns' owner, Randy Lerner and we get tickets to these events. I'm actually going to the Meadowlands tomorrow to see them face the Jets. Hopefully it will be a win, because I'd be pretty pissed if they lost to the Jets with the season they've been having, though, like previously mentioned, Anderson better bring up his game.

Blog Entries
    Ugh! Front runner! haha

I'm a huge Jets fan. Quite frankly, I know this season hasn't been great, but thats how we roll. We'll have a great year, two shitty ones, a decent one and then another great year. The main problems were that we were hit with injuries, there was a new defense (3-4) that hurt us because a lot of our guys are faster and smaller (as opposed to huge slow fat guys)... and injured. The QB presented its own issues too. Chad was ineffective, and Clemens was too inexperienced, but thats been changing as hes starting now.

I'm hoping we mess up the Browns tomorrow... and I would be in Heaven if we gave the Pats their loss, especially because of the history. I gotta give them credit though. As much as I hate them, their new "We're gonna rape you" offense is a big screw you to the league after the whole taping allegations.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast