Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

Blog Entries
    Yay for PA being back! Maybe I should be around more...

Yeah, I was watching the end of Monday night's game, and getting really pissed when the Broncos started to come back. I was stomping on the ground and swearing and shit. Then when Favre threw that big pass, I was astounded. That was the first time the Packers have won in Denver, and the first time they've won an overtime game on the road since 1983, apparently. According to the announcers.

My man Derek Anderson continues to impress. Even though he was playing the Rams. He was featured on one of those analysis shows I was watching Sunday between games. Good for him; he's doing much better than his U of O counterpart Joey Harrington.

Colts and Patriots, eh? I have no preference. Fuck 'em both. I hope they get blind sided in the playoffs somehow, or something. Not that that is likely to happen. Although I suppose I slightly favor the Colts more, since they've only won one Super Bowl, and Peyton Manning isn't a douche bag who left his wife and kid for some other pretty face like Tom Brady apparently is. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Colts and the Patriots were always susceptible to being blindsided before, but I don't see it this year. There is no one in the Patriots division that is going to the playoffs. In the Colts division, the Jaguars and Titans probably are, but they have too many offensive problems. The other two divisions don't have any strong teams. The Chargers have a bad coach, the Steelers aren't as good as advertised, etc. If anyone would do it, it would be the Broncos. They always beat the Patriots.

I can't wait to see the game Patriots vs. Colts. Tom Brady is just having an excellent year and I think his team deserve to be in the Super Bowl. I just wanna watch to see him wip Peyton Manning's butt.

Anyways, it's going to be a great game.

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    The Patriots are like the Yankees of football, and have the worst fanbase, so I'd like to see them get stomped. I'd rather not see the Colts go undefeated, but I have no problem with them winning another Super Bowl -- at least they won't choke out in the playoffs like they have the past few years, last year aside (and let's face it, any decent team could have won the Super Bowl versus the Bears, they just didn't show up).

The Bears are really sucking this year, but at least it means they'll get a decent spot in the draft. Of course, all the Packer fans here in Wiscinson think that they have all the justification in the world to trash-talk now that they finally have a decent team, but that just means it'll hit 'em harder when Fav-ray's back goes out from carrying the team for the past decade and they're left with nothing.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Synthesized Ascension NFL Football Zardoch's Avatar
    Ha! Ha! And oh yeah, HA! Patriots beat Colts! I hope Manning's arrogant pride is destroyed because of this. He didn't deserve that Super Bowl ring, his team did. So have fun with that Pat haters. Looks like Manning isn't all that great. [End score 24-20]

-ahem!-

Moving on, I'm surprised by the win from the Saints. 41-24 against Jacksonville? I'm somewhat impressed from their step-up in game to make them 4-4. They need to get back their momentum because I know they can do so much better.

Then it seems the Lions ate the bronco with a 44-7 final, but since the Packer's win denver probably lost some morale on that one. Still pretty pwning.

Whew. What a day.

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    Wow, what a massive game. I'm actually surprised that the Pats came out victorious out of that one. Because really, with 3 interceptions and 2 sacks, thats something close to a feat against the pats, but the turning point was the inability to score for the colts.

Sure Harrison wasn't on the roster, but thats no excuse...they coulda buried it early. Props to Moss for pwning. Now, i'm off to see Dallas at Phili...

Woot...OWENS!

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    He didn't deserve that Super Bowl ring, his team did.
    Are you aware how the Super Bowl works?

As I typed that, Eagles intercepted Tony Romo. Interesting game so far.

The Lions are for real. Denver hasn't been amazing this season, but they are a decent team. Packers also surprised me. Favre doesn't give up.

The Colts-Patriots game was fun, and it gave every team a blueprint on how to attempt to beat the Patriots. Teams have been trying to hard to double cover everyone, and not getting pressure. The Colts knew how to for about three quarters. The team lost its discipline in the fourth. Should be a good rematch in the playoffs.

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! NFL Football ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    The Packers are now 7-1 and they just keep on rolling on. The Pack have won 11 of their last 12 games dating back from the 2006 season. It's funny no one expected the Pack to be 7-1, I'm a big Packer fan and I'm even surprised.

Super Bowl prediction Packers VS Titans
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy X View Post
    Super Bowl prediction Packers VS Titans
    The Titans? That's an interesting pick.

The Cowboys ended up clobbering the Eagles, didn't they? I didn't see all of that one. In fact...

...I actually didn't watch the "Game of the Century," or whatever it was being touted as yesterday. Instead, I watched the Seahawks and the Browns. Just another chance to watch my man Derek Anderson shine. He didn't have a touchdown yesterday (and he had an interception) but he lead his team back from a fifteen point deficit at halftime to win the game in overtime. It's odd, because normally I would've rooted for the Seahawks. In fact, if DA wasn't playing for the Browns, I would have rooted for Seattle. However, it's just been awesome watching this hometown kid play so well at the professional level. Kind of like Jacoby Ellsbury in the World Series this year; I hear his bat is being inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame. Kick ass!

Anyhoo, I'm glad for the Pack's win too, of course. Didn't get to see it at all, though. I don't even remember what game was on instead. Oh yeah; the Vikings and whoever it was they were playing. They won, so my Dad was happy. Adrian Peterson is a beast, apparently.

As for the Patriots winning again; good for them. I don't give a shit how many trophies they win, or what Tom Brady does from this point on; he's a sell out, just like Peyton Manning. Worse, he leaves his wife and kid. If there were any karmic justice in the world... but anyway. Enough morbid hatred from me for some poor random NFL star. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

The Lost Writer NFL Football Psiko's Avatar
    Just for the record, I bleed effing purple. Vikings all the way for me. Amidst what I knew was going to be a poor season for us offensively, there are a few good things to brag about:

* Rush defense is as solid as ever. Of course we'll have a poor pass defense when nobody runs the ball effectively. The only way they can get a first down is to throw.

* Adrian Peterson is a mother fecking beast. ZOMG is he fun to watch. 296 rushing yards against the Chargers. Wow. Simply amazing.

* Jackson shows promise if he can ever get Williamson to catch the deep ball. Ouch, burn on Troy.

And, for the record, I abhor the Colts so mini-wave in celebration of NE's win! Nice to see the old Moss back in action.
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

That One Guy NFL Football dimmufan's Avatar
    Yeah! Cowboys kick ass. How bout them Cowboys! A crushing victory over the Eagles. I watched the first half of the Pats/Colts game. Twas pretty low scoring. More so than I thought it would be. I never got to see the second half, though. I went bowling. I did get to see Peterson's 250+ yard rushing game. That was quite impressive.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

I think the Patriots can go 16-0 this year. Since they have the Colts out of the way, it could be possible now that they can do it. They have the good players on their team. That's why they are doing so good.

The Lost Writer NFL Football Psiko's Avatar
    I agree about NE. They have the following games to play, all of which I feel are winnable:

@ Buffalo
    Philly
    @ Baltimore
    Pittsburg
    New York Jets
    Miami
    @ New York Giants

If they lose any games, it'll be when they bench the starters after getting home field advantage. But even then, those last three games could be winnable with their bench. XD
    OLD SKOOL - A positive appellation referring to when things weren't flashy but empty of substance, were done by hard work, didn't pander to the lowest common denominator, and required real skill. Labour-saving devices, shortcuts that reduce quality and quitting before the task is done are not characteristics of "old skool."

In reference to computer games, refers to a game that had substantial playability without flashy graphics or eye candy. Old skool gamers appreciate difficult maneuvers, careful planning, and scorched earth policies.

In reference to role-playing games, old skool refers to games that tested players' wits, could kill off careless characters, and required dedication and inner strength to play. Old skool games didn't pander to the ideas that everyone is created equal, that all options are open to all races, that the markets were somehow free, and that a quasi-medieval society could have near 100% literacy.

See also classic.

Representing the Old Skool ways since 1984.

The Old Skool Warrior NFL Football LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not exactly an Eagles fan, but I would LOVE to see them trounce New England in a couple weeks. Someone needs to put a dent in their record. It won't be the Bills, it won't be the Ravens, it won't be... you get the idea. The Eagles are the only ones who stand any sort of a chance at doing so, in my opinion.

If the Pats do finish undefeated this season, it'll be the first time in... how long? The 1972 Dolphins? The only team EVER in the Super Bowl Era to finish a season undefeated?

...yeah.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    The Eagles are the only ones who stand any sort of a chance at doing so, in my opinion.
    The Eagles are a mess. Kolb should take over for McNabb any day now. I don't know about that.

Pittsburgh is a good team, but I doubt it. I would say the Giants are a real possibility. Why? The Patriots will have their best men benched. The Giants are still in competition to win the NFC East from the Cowboys. And they are pretty good.

Don't count out the Jets or the Dolphins. Both are doing bad, buts its a divisional atmosphere and the Patriots won't have a lot to play for.

Everyone said the 2005 Colts were unstoppable. It simply isn't happening.

The Old Skool Warrior NFL Football LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Valid points. Divisional matchups always have that intensity that isn't there with other matches... Super Bowl aside, of course. The Eagles have always been good about surprising me though, which is why I think they've got a shot. Then again, in that same regard, ANY of those teams have a chance. As to which one will do it... well, we'll just get to that one whenever it comes around.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I think the pats are getting too much ahead of themselves. Sure 16-0 shouldn't be disregarded, but they can't forget how lucky they got against the colts. Eventually a team could have a better fortune combined with a pats sucky perfomance...its very feisable..

I for one believe in Pittsburgh to wreck their record...

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Yeah the Packers keep on winning (8-1), and the Packers run game is finally on track. The Packers distroyed the Vikings 34-0 and their starting to look like a championship team. Congraduations to the St. Louis Rams on their first victory win this season, its about time.
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Fantasy X~ View Post
    Yeah the Packers keep on winning (8-1), and the Packers run game is finally on track. The Packers distroyed the Vikings 34-0 and their starting to look like a championship team. Congraduations to the St. Louis Rams on their first victory win this season, its about time.
    I think its safe to call Green Bay a Super Bowl contender now. The other two in the NFC are playing each other tough right now.

The Dolphins loss makes me sick. They were up by 8 and then blew it. I can't believe it.

So much for the Saints being back.

Shaa, that utterly pissed me off about the saints. They waited until the VERY LAST MINUTE to get off their asses and score some points. They lost against the rams of all teams.

Anyway yeah, that was some ownage for the Packers. The vikings really felt that one.

Watching the Dallas vs. Giants game now [like most of you are probably doing lol ]. Interesting and tense game. Nice throws/catches from Romo to Owens too.

8 and 1 bitches !!!!!!

Green Bay all the way!!!

Super Bowl!
    Listen To Your Heartbeat Flow And Imagine
    Become Jackson Pollack Airbrush Chinese Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Plastik Assassin View Post
    8 and 1 bitches !!!!!!

Green Bay all the way!!!

Super Bowl!
    I agree with you man GO PACK GO!
    PACKERS 8-1

Ummm...like you guys are totally blinded by the weed they put in your cereals....

I mean, 0-8, Miami Dolphins totally have it, like, locked up for the season. Like, they've won the bowl already..so umm yeah...Go Dolphins!

But back to earth where seagulls eat humans, i think its sadly, going to be another New England final game. Green bay have the potential to win, seeing as how Favre is on fire. But really, i can't say Indy's impressive. Their record speaks more than they do. No offense, they're a great team, but they just don't seem to be a super bowl winning team this year.

To me, its either Dallas, Green Bay or New England taking it this years...

..oh...and the Dolphins too! Lmao

My Awesome TFF Family

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    Alright, first of all ...

What the Hell just happened?!?

The Colts-Chargers game just ended. Manning threw SIX INT's. Vinatieri missed TWO easy Field Goals, a 42-yarder and a 29-yarder.

Now, the Chargers are a good team. But this was just an all-around weird game. Six Manning INT's? Three by the same guy? I'm no Colts fan, but that's quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon_Nick View Post
    I mean, 0-8, Miami Dolphins totally have it, like, locked up for the season. Like, they've won the bowl already..so umm yeah...Go Dolphins!
    Oh, they've got the bowl locked up already. The Toilet Bowl.

Dolphins --->

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Alright, first of all ...

What the Hell just happened?!?
    I'll tell you what happened! Manning is finally showing his true colors! You could tell all that frustration was messing with his game and thus you have the douche doing worse than usual. If I remember correctly before Manning even got famous he was quite the terrible QB and it's coming back to haunt him. He's the reason I hate the colts and it makes me so happy that is ego is crushed--by the chargers no less--and I hope he stops making commercials.

Now, HELL **** YES FOR THE PACKERS! That was some badass game they had by ending up with 34-0. I <3 Farve so much. I really hope they get or win the superbowl. I just need a new Farve jersey now, lol.

What a NFL day.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    If I remember correctly before Manning even got famous he was quite the terrible QB and it's coming back to haunt him.
    At no point in his career was he a terrible quarterback. He was the number one overall pick for a reason. In his second season he had a quarterback rating over 90, and in his rookie season it was a respectful 71.

That was a weird game. It looked like a classic Colt comeback. First, they miss the two point conversion, and then Vinatieri misses some real easy ones.

Manning was trying to make too much happen. Over the next few years, he needs to adjust to losing his main man (Harrison), and adjusting to a power running game behind Addai.

It puts the AFC battle in a weird place. They need to get their act together before they play again. Maybe its better that they lose now and go in the playoffs as underdogs, like last year. I don't believe in the Steelers enough to beat the Patriots.

Blog Entries
    Wow. I was tired last night and decided to go to sleep before 8:30 instead of my usual 9 PM (I get up at 4 AM on Mondays and Tuesdays usually) so I didn't see the end of the Colts/Chargers game. I wasn't expecting that outcome. I fully expected the Colts to come back, as the last thing I saw was their offense get out of their own end zone to the 20 yard line. Guess I shouldn't give up so easily. Particularly when my team's ahead.

But yeah. Manning may have had a good QB rating when he was a rookie, but his team didn't show that for at least the first few years. During which he'd talk crap about his other team mates and blame their losses on them, particularly his kicker. Did he talk crap about his kicker again last night?

Quote Originally Posted by PA
    8 and 1 bitches !!!!!!

Green Bay all the way!!!

Super Bowl!
    Dayum straight! My dad was sad after that game, though... and I only actually got to see one play of it, as I wasn't watching it when it first came on, and then I went to church. When I came back, they were showing another game.

The Browns lost... I'm disappointed. At least Anderson had another good showing with three touchdown passes. He just couldn't pull it out in the end. I wish I could've watched the freaking game, though. Dammit, I was pissed that I couldn't watch it! I saw that they were ahead, and then that they were behind, and that they then had no fortchoming answering score. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    But yeah. Manning may have had a good QB rating when he was a rookie, but his team didn't show that for at least the first few years. During which he'd talk crap about his other team mates and blame their losses on them, particularly his kicker. Did he talk crap about his kicker again last night?
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about in saying Manning's a terrible QB. Sure, he can definitely play, but it's pretty much all about "him" when it comes to the colts. Ironic thing though Taco, I fell asleep about the same time too, lol. I figured the colts was gonna pull something and win the game, but when I woke up and checked the final score my jaw dropped and I jumped around happily. Chargers seemed ultra charged that game.

Anyway, Packers vs. Panthers next week. That should be amusing at best .

The game I wanna see is in three weeks with Packers vs. Cowboys. That should be some sight to see.

Yeah the Packers are now 9-1, can't wait for the Thanksgiving game against the Lions. Go Pack Go.

W00t, Packers win again! Not like there any doubt in my mind, of course!

That Raven v. Browns game was weird though, lol. That second to last field goal attempt where the ball hit the the right-pole and ricocheted off to hit the back-bole and THEN jumped back out. It was declared a FG since it did go past the poles, but that is one of the weirdest things I've seen in a football game.

Then there's the Chiefs v. Colts game. That was one tense game with the chiefs blocking manning's passes and intercepting a few more times, lol. They could've won if they held onto the ball and scored one last time, forcing the colts to FG at the end of the game [theoretical situation XD]. I'm a bit surprised though either way. I thought the colts would win by far, but the chiefs did pretty decent and that new chiefs QB has got a pretty good arm strength-wise.

At the current moment Dallas is actually losing by 3 points in a 10-7 game against the redskins. This is one weird week altogether when you'd suspecting them to be doing so much more. It's only at the half so things might turn around, but if they lose that's gonna be an upsetting surprise.

EDIT: Dallas won 28-23 .
    Last edited by Zardoch; 11-18-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast