Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

That One Guy NFL Football dimmufan's Avatar
    HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!? They were friggin awesome today. Except for the first quarter, they played a pretty good game today. They beat the Rams to go 4-0 and now the Rams are 0-4. They are on track for an undefeated 16-0 season. With the way the're beating teams I see no reason why they couldn't go undefeated. Little wonder why they are called America's Team.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    I feel like Howard Dean.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Bears beat the Packers! And here's why that's important...

I believe the Bears' record doesn't reflect their team. They're better than 1-3. Tonight, the real Bears showed up.

I also believe the Packers' record doesn't reflect their team -- they're not a 4-0 team, even against the teams they faced. They're not that good. Tonight ... they were brought back down to Earth.

The Packers were undefeated (4-0) earlier today, and now they're not. And even moreso, the Bears handed them their first loss of the season.

Brett Favre, as good of a guy and as good of a QB as he is, got a lot of publicity from breaking the career TD record. Now he has another record -- the Bears helped him tie the career interception record.

The Bears this season had a habit of, to put it bluntly, s***ting out in the second half. Tonight, they showed up to play an entire football game.

Last season, the Bears defense had it laid out, and they took control. This season, that hasn't been the case. While they did give up a decent number of points and a lot of yards tonight (especially in the first quarter), they're getting back to true Bears fashion -- protect against the short gain, and go for turnovers.

And last but not least ... I live in Wisconsin. Most of my friends here are Packer fans. So even though they have a better record (for now) than the Bears do, I still have plenty to talk trash about now.

So how did everybody else's teams do?

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

Wow this thread is old lol but I guess Ill post my team which happens to be the Broncos. Im not from Denver..Im not even from Colorado...I just like the Broncos because they have a pretty good defense we're 2-3 now so its kinda ok
    You know, its about time I changed my dumb old sig

He pwns you!!!!

I saw that Bears vs. Packers game. All 4 commentators from Inside The NFL chose the Bears to win against the Packers. Watching the first half of that game, I thought they were wrong. The Bears defense gave up close to 350 total yards in the first half alone. I kinda wanted the Bears to win that game and they pulled it off. All those interceptions and fumbles finally paid off for "Da Bears". 27-20 at Lambeau Field. That's something to brag about. We'll see how them Cowboys do tomorrow night.
    2% of teens haven't tried smoking pot or drinking, if you're one of the 98% who has, then post this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by FF_FrEaK View Post
    Wow this thread is old lol but I guess Ill post my team which happens to be the Broncos. Im not from Denver..Im not even from Colorado...I just like the Broncos because they have a pretty good defense we're 2-3 now so its kinda ok
    I am a HUGE Broncos fan. I've been a fan since I was just a little guy. I don't live in CO either. Actually, I live near KC. So I get a lot of crap for supporting Denver.

I will never stop being a Denver fan, but I'm sick enough that I'm losing interest right now. They should have one of the best Ds in the NFL. They have the best one-two combo at corner. They have a solid (2 out of 3) linebacking unit. They just added two former pro bowlers on the D-line. They have one of the best safties to ever play the game. But they continue to disappoint. It doesn't even matter if the offense is producing or not when the D can't get the other team's O off the field. With a couple of wins by the skin of their teeth, they could just as easily be 0-5.

But I'm looking for business to pick up soon. They need to get an 8th guy in the box to stop the run. Lynch is good enough to step up and help out. And on top of that, its only a matter of time before the Champ starts to shut down the passing game. So I see light at the end of the tunnel.
    In the morning when I spash it on...

Blog Entries
    This weekend was very disappointing for me. I don't think a single team that I root for won, although I could be forgettng someone. In college football my team actually won, but that's not what this is about.

I got to see DA play against the Patriots... and he apparently threw 3 interceptions. He still had like two TD's and decent yardage though. Plus, the offensive line was doing a shitty job for him. And it's the freaking Patriots. It's still weird to think that he's even starting, though.

I saw bits and pieces of the Packers/Bears game. I think I stopped watching when it got to be... 20-17, Packers? Or was it tied 20-20? I know it was right at the end of the third quarter. I had a bad feeling about it, so I didn't bother finishing watching it. Then I watched the end where they had one last chance to tie, and the ball was intercepted. Big disappointment. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS?! Did anyone watch the Monday Night game between the Cowboys and the Bills? That was the game of the season right there. The only time the Cowboys were ahead of the Bills was in the last 2 seconds of the game right after they kicked the game winning field goal. Romo had a terrible game throwing 5 interceptions and also losing a fumble. Cowboys won the game 24-22. What a game. I think I lost three years of my life just stressing over who's gonna win.

Well my Dallas Cowboys lost to the New England Patriots. It was horrible. I though Dallas was gonna keep up with them. Then the fourth quarter came around and that was all she wrote. Cowboys are now 5-1. I now officially do not like the Patriots. I hope they finish the season 6-10.

Someone has to stop New England, right? It certainly doesn't seem possible right now. If the undefeated Cowboys can't do it, the only realistic chance lies with the Colts in November.

The Cowboys still look Super Bowl bound, though. The Bears continue to lose, and the Packers barely edge out mediocre teams.

My Dolphins had 41 points scored on them. By the Browns. It is disgusting how bad they are playing right now.

The Old Skool Warrior NFL Football LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Part of me is happy that the Cowboys saw a loss... but to be honest, I would have been happier to see them pound the Patriots into the ground. The game was so close early on... what happened?! (No, seriously, I was at work all day and I have no idea what happened except for the updates I got from my customers.)

If you could pinpoint a failure on the team's behalf, where would it be? Offense? Defense? Someone specific? Or was it just an all-around one-up?

...looks like both the Patriots and Cowboys are Super Bowl bound... problem is, only one can make it. If the records fall right, we could very well see them square off again in the Conference Championship game.

And, forced to choose between the Cowboys and the Patriots... (whoever the AFC team is any day! I kid, I kid) I'd rather see the Cowboys for sure.

The Seahawks disappoint me. What happened to last year's team?

I'm gonna miss seeing Mack Strong on the field.
    Career-ending neck injuries FTL.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    ...Dude, the Cowboys are in the NFC conference...

Yeah, the Packers did not look good against the Redskins. The Redskins kinda gave that one up (although the Pacers would have been ready to do so as well.) The Redskins, however, had only lost one game before this past Sunday, so they can't be too bad, eh?

As for the Browns, they're 3 and 3. And my man Derek Anderson is their QB. And he played pretty well against the Patriots the other week (except for his three interceptions, I suppose). They were in that game until the end, so don't count them as a horrible team.

I don't know... I don't like the Patriots, the Colts, or the Cowboys. One of those teams has a high chance of winning the Super Bowl, however. No offense, Dimmufan, but I was just brought up to dislike the Cowboys, and it has stuck somehow. My Dad always rooted against them and the 49er's back in the day... then again, he's a Vikings fan... he roots against basically every team that has beaten them in any of the Super Bowls they've been in, or any team that's beaten them often in the play offs. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    ...looks like both the Patriots and Cowboys are Super Bowl bound... problem is, only one can make it. If the records fall right, we could very well see them square off again in the Conference Championship game.
    Loco wallows in his ignorance!

I am rooting for the Colts from now on. For some reason, everyone seems to forget about them, despite winning last year. In spite of Manning's many commercials, they are a very selfless team. You never hear Marvin Harrison on the news complaining about their team. I like that.

The Old Skool Warrior NFL Football LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    ...Dude, the Cowboys are in the NFC conference...
    The point was that, in the Super Bowl, I would root for the AFC team over the Cowboys. It was somewhat of a joke. It would depend on who the other team is.

I DID, however, have a giant dumbass moment and forget that the Pats were AFC.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    No offense, Dimmufan, but I was just brought up to dislike the Cowboys, and it has stuck somehow. My Dad always rooted against them and the 49er's back in the day... then again, he's a Vikings fan... he roots against basically every team that has beaten them in any of the Super Bowls they've been in, or any team that's beaten them often in the play offs.
    That alright. there are a few Steelers fans around here that do the same thing. My friend, Steven, is a Steelers fan. He was born and raised here, but he can't stand the Cowboys. Mainly because of all the Super Bowl losses from the times BEFORE he was even born. I guess the Cowboys would get a lot of heat from other fans if this were true for everybody. I used to be okay with the Pats. Now I can't stand the bostods. Nobody comes to Irving, Texas and messes up the Cowboys perfect season. Tough loss though.

*revives thread*

Cowboys beat the Minnesota Vikings today. I was kinda worried through the first half that Minnesota might copy the Pats from last week and post a win at Texas Stadium. But the Cowboys got the W by winning 24-14.

In other Texas news, the Texans made a comeback and almost beat the Tennessee Titans, but the lucky bumlovers kicked a gamewinning fieldgoal to win 38-36. I quite watching this game because the Texans were losing pretty bad. I think the score was 35-20something and not much time left. Imagine my surprise when I found out they managed to get ahead, only to find out again that they lost. I don't think the Texans will ever be a Playoffs caliber team, but it would be nice to see an all Texas Superbowl.

Synthesized Ascension NFL Football Zardoch's Avatar
    And the Pat's owned the living hell out of the Dolphins yesterday. Brady is just having a ball and is even doing better than Peyton this season, which I'm happy about. Packer's have been putting up a bigger fight too. Both teams have good chance of getting into the finals I'd say.

This should be one hell of a football season.

I do what you can't. NFL Football Sasquatch's Avatar
    The Bears managed to slip through with a W against the Eagles, which is nice. It was Field Goals all game until halfway through the 4th Quarter, when the Eagles managed to put together a full drive, but Griese and the Bears managed to put together a two-minute Offense and drive down to score the winning TD with :09 left on the clock. It's really nice to see a good drive from the Bears, who have been seriously lacking in their Offense this season. And even though it wasn't a turnover battle like usual, the Chicago Defense still gave up few points and really tightened down in the Red Zone.

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

My Fins were trounced, 42-7 by halftime. It was ugly and offensive.

It is unfortunate, but the Patriots are unstoppable. Honestly, outside of an injury to Tom Brady, do they have any weaknesses? From the looks of it, the Cowboys are going to wrap up the NFC, but all it is is an excuse to lose a game in front of millions of people.

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! NFL Football ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment
    Packers (5-1) were on their bye week and are getting ready for Denver on Monday night football next week. Mean while the Rams & Dolphins are both 0-7, could these two teams join the 1983 Bucs with a winless season? Last thing can the Pats be stopped and who?
    Last edited by ~FANTASY-ENDER~; 10-22-2007 at 10:48 AM.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

I'm predicting the Pats won't even make it to the Super Bowl. They are gonna lose the AFC championship game against the Colts. Dallas will meet Indy in the Super Bowl.

Did anyone see the game between the Texans and the Titans? The Titans kicker set an NFL record for the most Field Goals in one game: 8. I don't know whether that's a good stat or not. I guess it would be good for the kicker, but bad for the Titan's offence for not getting the job done.

Hey Brits!

Do you guys care at all about an NFL game being played in your soil? If not, is it because the matchup is between a playoff contender and a winless team, or are you generally disinterested?

Sorry, but I hope the project fails. I am locked into seeing 32 teams.

Word.

I'll join in.

Packers are my team. Always have been, always will be. I live in Minnesota so its a tad difficult with all the Vikes fans around here. I like to start shit regardless...

I love sunday football also. The ritual around here is that a couple of my friends come over every sunday, we order pizza, consume lots of beer and watch about 10 hours of football. Every week. On top of that, we pretty much stay online all day watching the updates from our fantasy league.... My team is called the Shinra Electric Co. and I am currently 4-3. Hopefully 5-3 after today....

So yeah. Should be a good week. I am predicting the Redskins to upset the Patriots this week... Yeah. I am serious. Watch.
    Listen To Your Heartbeat Flow And Imagine
    Become Jackson Pollack Airbrush Chinese Dragons

Packers play tomorrow night at Denver.
    Well the Colts and the Pats are still unbeaten, next week one team will finally fall from the unbeaten bracket and the Rams and Dolphins are still winless at 0-8.
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Watching the Dolphins fall by the wayside, I can't help but think that they will become the second team to achieve a winless season. I think that it was the Tampa bay Bucs that did it first?

Nothing would please me more than to see the Pats get stomped on next week by the Colts. Although I like seeing any team from the same division as the Cowboys get beat (Redskins) somebody needs to put their foot down on the Pats.

I saw that game that took place at Wembley Stadium today. I think that game had higher attendance figures than the Liverpool vs. Arsenal game that was going on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmufan View Post
    Watching the Dolphins fall by the wayside, I can't help but think that they will become the second team to achieve a winless season. I think that it was the Tampa bay Bucs that did it first?

We play the Bills twice, and the Jets again. Besides, we aren't as bad as the Rams.

Next weeks game between the Colts and the Patriots is already being hyped as the biggest game ever, and in many ways it sort of is. If the Pats win, it is more or less over.

I am excited for tonights game. The Broncos have always been a favorite of mine.
    Last edited by Walter Sobchak; 10-29-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmufan View Post
    I saw that game that took place at Wembley Stadium today. I think that game had higher attendance figures than the Liverpool vs. Arsenal game that was going on at the same time.
    It did have a higher attendance, but thats what you get when you host a game at wembley stadium... the place has a capacity of almost 90,000 (i think the attendance at that game was 82,000, but i can't remember), compared to Anfield (where the Liverpool vs Arsenal match was) which has a capacity of just under 46,000 i believe

I watched a bit of that match and it wasn't very interesting to be honest =/.

Where the polar bears play at night and where the beavers are furry...
    It's sad to see the Dolphins crash like that. It was an expected loss since their main man, Zach Thomas was out with i think a neck injury. Which made me chuckle knowing he was involved in a car accident with another person wearing a patriots jersey.

But something i've noticed about them, and yet again happened this week, is that they lost by a minimal margin of 3 points. I think this makes the 5th time this season that they lose by less than a touchdown. Which brings up my point that after all, they aren't so bad as their record shows them to be. Sure winning is winning, but considering if they had gotten say 1 or two more touchdowns a game, they'd be 5-3...

That being said, Go Dolphins....8-8?

My Awesome TFF Family

My awesome Obsessive Half-Breed Half Sister: Vampiric Delirium, My Yaoi-Loving Compassionate Daughter: Xeim, My Forever Intoxicated Vigilante Brother: Celtic_Silver, My Sister From Another Mister: OceanEyes28, My Awesome Cali Brother: Fishie, My adorable little pet bunny: Tiger Lily, My FF worthy awesome Homie, ManicDepression, My Cloud-loving Spartan Fenririan Brother: Cloud, My UFC Champion athlete fighter: BenRampage, My godsmack addict, Manchester United Fan Rival in Trivia Brother: Omega Weapon, My Trivial Addict Cousin: Phantom, My Uber bot slicer son: Zero, My Really Awesome Rival in Trivia Brother: Squall333, My Silly Dragoonic Sister: Kaos Dragon, My Drunken Step-Father Who Smokes Every 5 Seconds: SasuXNaru, My "Unknowingly Being in His Family" Brother: Rasler, My Bahamut-Loving Stalker Sister:Bahamut1990, My Insane Overlord Grandfather: Itachi Uchiha

Yah the Packers are 6-1, and what a great overtime victory. Anyone that says that Favre's too old and should retire are nuts, he still plays like he's in his 20s. Man the Pack always find ways to win games. GO PACK!

Hellz yeah buddy!

Favre is still the man. All the naysayers can stick it.

6-1 baby! Dallas who?
    Listen To Your Heartbeat Flow And Imagine
    Become Jackson Pollack Airbrush Chinese Dragons

Packers won, but it was ugly. Both teams played badly at times, Broncos especially. They were at the three yard line at the end there and couldn't seal the deal.

Packers are a threat, but I can't see them beating the Cowboys.

This week is going to be Colts-Patriots, 24/7. Not looking forward to the hype machine.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast