Thread: munich air disaster 1958 memorial thread (manchester united)

some say............ munich air disaster 1958 memorial thread (manchester united) The Stig's Avatar

munich air disaster 1958 memorial thread (manchester united)

at 4 minutes past 3 in the afternoon on the 6th of february 1958 a young manchester united team known in those days as the busby babes landed for a schedueled stop at munich after playing red star belgrade 3-3 in the european cup. there was snow in munich that day and when there plane took of it wasnt hedlped by the ice an crashed killing 23 people including 8 manchester united players and 3 club officials 2 flight crew members 2 other passengers and 8 journalists. especially one man at the age of 21 englaqnds most promising footballer duncan edwards.
    this is the list;
    Geoff Bent, Roger Byrne, Eddie Colman, Mark Jones, David Pegg, Tommy Taylor, Liam "Billy" Whelan and, 15 days later, Duncan Edwards.
    sir matt busby and sir bobby charlton survived and won the europen cup and league within 10 years.

lest we forget you will never be forgotten you are all legends

ps if you could write what football team (soccer) that you follow would be appreciated just so we know how many different supporters will pay their respects.
    Some say he's wanted by the CIA, and that he sleeps upside down like a bat... all we know is, he's called the Stig

Some say that his tears are adhesive, and that if he caught fire, he'd burn for a thousand days... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that his genitals are on upside down, and that if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci Code in 43 seconds... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

Some say he isn't machine washable, and all his potted plants are called Steve... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

TFF's Token Imp munich air disaster 1958 memorial thread (manchester united) Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have Manchester United blood in my veins. And I found out recently that my late father's cousin was Liam Whelan. So I have a relation to the Babes in that respect. I didn't attend the ceremony at Old Trafford but I respected the silence.

This country lost one of it's most talented football teams in it's history. They'll never be forgotten.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?