Thread: Movie Goers!

The Bad Boy of TFF Movie Goers! Block's Avatar

Movie Goers!

How often do you find yourself at the movie theater? Just a few times a year at movies you're really excited about while you wait for most to be available through "other means"? Or are you at the theater every week just for the sheer fact there's nothing else to do where you live? Do you go alone to the movies? Dates only? With a big ass group of friends? There are tons of things to discuss about going to the movies, SO GET TO IT.

I'm at the theater only for movies that I'm really amped to see. There are movie makers (not really actors, but directors or writers) that I have to see everything they do in theaters. For example (and let the bashing begin) I can't help but love M. Night Shyamalan. After saying that I will follow it up with yes I did see "The Last Airbender" and no, it was not good (I blame the studios). Tarantino and Ridley Scott are two other filmmakers that I just adore. When I got to the movies I often go as a date with my fiancée, but sometimes I prefer a big ass group of friends. Like, for example, when I went to see "Snakes on a Plane" opening night. I got together like 10 friends, we all got quite high, and we went and enjoyed one of the most amazing movie experiences I've had to date. I think the only movie I enjoyed more than that in theaters was seeing the remastered version of "Alien" on Halloween many years ago (that movie is just amazing).

One last thing, God Damn the movie industry for slowly phasing out Cherry Coke from the soda selection for the likes of Coke Zero. Do they really need two different diet products available? I mean for **** sake I want my Cherry goodness with my immensely buttery popcorn. IT'S JUST RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

Death Before Dishonor Movie Goers! Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Movie Goers!

Me and all my friends usually get in a group and go and see a movie every few weeks. We usually end up seeing every f*cking movie that come out.

Theater food and drinks are ridicuously over priced. I mean shit I spend $10 just to get in, and then have to turn around and spend another $10 on popcorn and cherry coke.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We used to go cinema every Wednesday, because Orange customers get a buy one get one free on tickets. I usually go with my family, but I've been with friends quite a few times too. I went once on a date... the movie was so shit that I don't remember what it was called, and my ex ate all the popcorn, leaving me with only a handful.

Lately, we've only gone out to see a movie that we really want to see, or something that we know would be good. I've never walked past a cinema with a friend, and decided to just go in and watch something - it does sound like fun, but you really need money for that sort of thing, especially if you're making a day of something.

As for food, drink and such? When I go with family, we usually pick up a large salted popcorn and a large drink to share. Sometimes we pick up a pack of Minstrels (the Galaxy, chocolate variety xP) or Revels. If we're running a little late for the movie (which is usually the case because who wants to sit through twenty minutes of adverts we've already watched on the website?), we run into a shop and pick up something to nibble on in the cinema, like a sandwich and a drink. Then we smuggle it in.

With friends, we get a large sweet popcorn and we usually all have a drink each. And we smuggle stuff in. ^^;

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Registered User Movie Goers! winterborn86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    We used to go cinema every Wednesday, because Orange customers get a buy one get one free on tickets. I usually go with my family, but I've been with friends quite a few times too. I went once on a date... the movie was so shit that I don't remember what it was called, and my ex ate all the popcorn, leaving me with only a handful.

Lately, we've only gone out to see a movie that we really want to see, or something that we know would be good. I've never walked past a cinema with a friend, and decided to just go in and watch something - it does sound like fun, but you really need money for that sort of thing, especially if you're making a day of something.

As for food, drink and such? When I go with family, we usually pick up a large salted popcorn and a large drink to share. Sometimes we pick up a pack of Minstrels (the Galaxy, chocolate variety xP) or Revels. If we're running a little late for the movie (which is usually the case because who wants to sit through twenty minutes of adverts we've already watched on the website?), we run into a shop and pick up something to nibble on in the cinema, like a sandwich and a drink. Then we smuggle it in.

With friends, we get a large sweet popcorn and we usually all have a drink each. And we smuggle stuff in. ^^;
    I remember watching those add before the films started, didn't they have the wicked witch of the west in on of those adds lol.

I always take my own food in too, normallya McDonalds

I don't go all that often every few months or so, with my partner so we get a night out from the kids, but I usually watch most movies for free over the internet now, saves a lot of money and you don't have the annoying noisey eating, drink slurrping, chair bumping person that you wanna punch in the face sitting behind you. I do prefer home movies, much more comfortable.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

I like movies, but I don't like watching movies. When a movie is coming out, I say I want to see it but I never do...such as Inception and The Other Guys...I want to see them, but I don't. When I was in High School me and my friends would go to the movies almost every week if not every other week. Having to sneak in what food we bring, usually sun flower seeds to piss of the workers cause they don't think people are sneaking in that shit lol.

But don't get me wrong, I'll watch a movie if someone suggests it...unless I don't want to watch a movie with that person.
    Last edited by loaf; 08-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Boredness rules us all Movie Goers! Midnight Panda's Avatar

im usually at the movies once a month, maybe once every six months, it depends on what movies are paying. and actually im going tonight.
    Been gone a long while but im back now and not as annoying. promise

THANKS TO ANDROMEDA

The Bad Boy of TFF Movie Goers! Block's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeXtadi View Post
    im usually at the movies once a month, maybe once every six months, it depends on what movies are paying. and actually im going tonight.
    What ya seeing buddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn
    I can tell by looking at you right at this moment from the angle of through your window that you have nothing to be ashamed of
    CPC8: Makin' it happen.

Glowing Ball of Awesome Movie Goers! Ashura's Avatar

I usually go to the movies with my sister and a couple friends. Unfortunately I rarely go. Probably a couple times a year. But when we do go we mostly go to see hecka scary movies. Such as Paranormal Activity, Friday The 13th and The Crazies.

Some others but horror films are always epic in the movie theater. I also like going to the movies to sneak in my own food and candy, which isn't allowed but I do it anyway because I'm bad . So for now on when I go (Which won't be for a while) I'll make sure to grab as much snacks as I can.

Contact me for signature/avatar request.