View Poll Results: Do you hate midterms?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

7 53.85%
  • No!

6 46.15%

Thread: Mid-terms

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Mid-terms TehRealDinnin's Avatar

Mid-terms

Who else hates them besides me?

Blog Entries
    Um... Would you like to explain what they are or something?

Not everybody in the world knows what they are, there is more than one education system in the world. And I personally don't have the faintest clue as to what mid-terms are, and I'm sure that there are many other people on TFF who also don't know.

Banners and Stuff:

˙uɐɔ I ʍouʞ I <- uɐɔ I ssǝnƃ I¿sıɥʇ op I uɐƆ

Last signature update: 02/08/2014

Registered User Mid-terms winterborn86's Avatar
    Are you refering to the summer holidays that schools take between July and September? (those are the UK dates), if you are I use to LOVE them

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

The Whitemage, Curaga's only 300gil Mid-terms TehRealDinnin's Avatar
    Oh I didn't realize uh, they are like Final Test at the end of the year except Mid terms are the 1st Final Test at the half of the year you are participating in. Basically you get 2 Final's a semester. 1 after the first break you get and than one right before your off for however long.

Courage, Character, Confidence. Mid-terms Lunasa's Avatar
    Hum, referring to the tests? no, but I had mine about.... a month ago, before spring break(which was the first week of march). Only got about 5 weeks left til the end of the term.

"Let oneself make oneself a fool. Blind. Senseless. Confused."
    ~Anonymous

A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    I had my midterms about a week or two ago, before my spring break. They didn't seem too stressful or difficult. I ended up doing pretty well on all of them, a few Bs and a couple of As. Even though I couldn't concentrate the greatest on them because of the excitement of spring break.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    We have 'half-yearlies'. Few people here who know how things work stress out about the exams as you have to be pretty stupid and/or not attending class 5/6 of the year to actually fail our HSC exams. Better marks just mean a better chance of getting into your preferred Uni, but those such as I realised there are jobs that pay a good deal more at times even if you do need to put the hours in, that don't require a Uni education.

So you do good, sweet. You fail big time? No worries, some jobs out there will cater to other skills that the schools don't tend to nurture too well. To put some perspective on things, though I got decent results on my tests, I decided to become a security guard and the only requirement is that you pass the HSC (even with a minimal score) and pass a police check. The lowest amount I can be paid (for pretty much just pacing around a store) is $18 an hour. Most jobs pay a decent amount more, much to my satisfaction.
    victoria aut mors

Mid-terms are no problem as long as you remember to be yourself and that life is nasty, brutish, and short.

Mid-terms are tests, so I hate them by default, but they're actually not that bad. Mid-terms are just whatever really, since they're just a way to tell you how had the final is going to be. And they're just review of things you've already learned and been tested on, so it's not something too hard.

Registered User Mid-terms Halie's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I live in Wales, so I don't have them. Instead I have mock exams dotted here and there until the end of the year where I have my final exams. And depending on whether I fail or pass, I get a GSCE. Well, that's with the core subjects.

Now, they changed the way our schooling system works at my school this year. Instead of starting my GCSEs in years 10 and 11, I started in year 9, and chose two options instead of... six, maybe eight. Can't remember. And well... the way you're examined in those two subjects depends on what subjects you took. This year I got examined in Performing Arts about two weeks ago, and I'll be examined in Art straight after the Easter holidays. Which I'm happy about, 'cause the Monday and Tuesday I come back I get to stay in the Art rooms and finish my project, and then on the Wednesday and Ftiday I have Art and Performing Arts all day. So that's 15 hours of Art, five is PA, and five hours of shitty lessons. So as you can tell, I'm looking forward to that exam .