Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marriage Denied

the night man cometh Marriage Denied Joxsjua's Avatar

Marriage Denied

Just got done watching some news
    chinas winning the Olympics so far 6 golds .12 medals. total
    americas second with 3 golds and 11 medals total
    Italy is in 3rd ....what's this?!?!?!

A southern couple with a 6yr old daughter. in Mississippi were not allowed to marry at the church because some of the congrenates believe that black people can regularlly attend their church but they can not get married there.

The pastor was in fear that he might lose his job so he married the same couple down the street at a different chuch. WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TIME IT IS?

What do you all think about this? Do they just attempt sue them for discrimination or what?

Should they leave it alone and not look back? Should they go back to pray LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED there?

I honestly thought that we lived in a day an age where racism was intollerable 100%, OR is that only when it involves a more serrious offense.
    Well we could find out if it was the majority of the congrenate felt the same.
    As of now the church relays to the city "we are angered by the media trying to make this look like a spectacle"

someone needs to come out and explain to the church.. "THEY ARE EXPOSING YOU!!!"

I did not even realize stuff like this was still legaly happeningt
    Last edited by Joxsjua; 07-30-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: touchsreen typing on here doe not allow you to go back to the lastsentence on the page. please add UP and DOWN arrows oscroll

#LOCKE4GOD Marriage Denied Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Marriage Denied

Meanwhile most churches in most countries refuse to marry two people deeply in love who happen to be of the same gender.

That's... terrible? I mean, how else can you appraise that?

Registered Uber Marriage Denied Hobaginator's Avatar

White power!
    OG RPer of TFF forseriously

~~Jet Pack Soldiers: Never forget those who failed~~

Proudly wearing my ban rating since 1/1/12.

I'm just here to pad my post count.

Blog Entries

Why the **** should ANYONE be able to tell ANYONE whether or not they can be married? If you do this, **** you!

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Marriage Denied Xanatos's Avatar

Despite being religious person this is just one of the reasons why I ****ing hate church so much and why I feel this image is appropriate at such occasions...

Last edited by Xanatos; 07-30-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

Shake it like a polaroid picture Marriage Denied RagnaToad's Avatar

On the one hand, they are a private organisation and they can do with their religious meaningless rituals what they want, can't they? On the other hand, in terms of paying taxes they are considered to be a non-profit organisation so they pay virtually no taxes, which means they get special treatment from the government, which means they should be held responsible for their actions, since they are costing the nation money.

Privately funded organisations should be able to allow or deny anyone for any reason they want. If you start a club with your friends that has some sort of bonding ritual, you're not obligated to let anyone participate in the ritual, are you? But it becomes an issue when tax money goes to your club, and people pay for it, but cannot join.

On a sidenote, I think it's bullshit that religious organisations get treated as non-profit organisations based on their spiritual nature, rather than on whether they actually do anything of value.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 07-30-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Ayyye Marriage Denied Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As far as I'm concerned, if gay marriage is still illegal, I don't care if other groups of people get excluded. The fact that state marriages are still preventing it is insane, but I'm not that worried that a church wont marry two people for various reasons, it's their decision to do what they want. Forcing otherwise wouldn't be fair to a religious group, same with preventing certain Native American religious practices involving peyote. If you disagree with the churches standing, it's not the church/religion for you.

From what you said though, the church wasn't AGAINST the people getting married, the minister was more or less afraid of some kind of racist backlash with the members. So in this case, it's not entirely the churches fault.

Magically Delicous Marriage Denied Merlin's Avatar

All this stuff about restricting marriage to certain people is stupid. It's none of your business who people marry because you aren't invited to the wedding anyway. People like to get butthurt about things that don't even involve them.

Besides, getting into a legally binding contract based on an emotion you allegedly share is stupid in itself. The value of it is not measurable. Don't misunderstand me. I have nothing against marriage itself, what I have a problem with is the legalization of it. But that is another topic I suppose. /soapbox

I do what you can't. Marriage Denied Sasquatch's Avatar

First of all, is there any credible citation for this pastor refusing to marry a black or interracial couple? And is it solely based upon the race of the couple, or the fact that they have a six-year-old out-of-wedlock child?

Marriage in and of itself is a religious institution, whether we like it or not. Religions have the right to refuse inclusion of their ceremonies and traditions to anybody who disobeys that religion's tenets. As far as the societal aspect goes, there must be a limit on what is and isn't allowed. Some time ago, many societies refused to allow interracial couples to marry, and we've (for the most part, as a whole) gotten past that. Now, the big push is for special rights for homosexuals, to be recognized as a normal, natural pair, and to force religious institutions to recognize something against their beliefs as well. What's next? There's already been a few steps toward pushing for polygamy. (And, by the same argument, who are we to say that every partner involved in a polygamous relationship doesn't share the same feelings that any normal couple does?) Why not lower the age of consent to 13, or even 9, like many Muslim countries? (Who are you to say that a man can't love his nine-year-old niece the same way you love your partner?) Why not push for "inter-species" marriages? (Who are you to say that I can't love this dolphin like you love another person?)

Sig courtesy of Plastik Assassin.

Greater love hath no man than this; that he lay down his life for his friends.
    John 15:13

That is quite deplorable. Then again, they are a private organization and are allowed to do so without any legal questioning, as far as I am concerned.
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?

I invented Go-Gurt. Marriage Denied Clint's Avatar

By state regulations, a couple can't be denied marriage based on race. However, a church is a private institution. It can accept or deny any of it's members from doing anything. That doesn't mean that their members have to remain members. The black couple got married elsewhere, so problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Why the **** should ANYONE be able to tell ANYONE whether or not they can be married? If you do this, **** you!
    Nobody tells anybody if they can or can't be married. Some places just don't marry certain people. That doesn't mean that those people can't get married somewhere else. Even gay people can get married now. Not that civil union shit, an actual marriage. Search a little and you'll find the right place to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobaginator View Post
    White power!
    I completely agree with this statement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddamn Clint Eastwood View Post
    By state regulations, a couple can't be denied marriage based on race. However, a church is a private institution. It can accept or deny any of it's members from doing anything. That doesn't mean that their members have to remain members. The black couple got married elsewhere, so problem solved.

Nobody tells anybody if they can or can't be married. Some places just don't marry certain people. That doesn't mean that those people can't get married somewhere else. Even gay people can get married now. Not that civil union shit, an actual marriage. Search a little and you'll find the right place to do it.

I completely agree with this statement.
    Gay marriage is illegal in like, 46 or so states lol so yes, people ARE denied marriage. You can be married in on of those states, but it only counts there.

Kiss with a fist. Marriage Denied Dranzer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    What's next? There's already been a few steps toward pushing for polygamy. (And, by the same argument, who are we to say that every partner involved in a polygamous relationship doesn't share the same feelings that any normal couple does?) Why not lower the age of consent to 13, or even 9, like many Muslim countries? (Who are you to say that a man can't love his nine-year-old niece the same way you love your partner?) Why not push for "inter-species" marriages? (Who are you to say that I can't love this dolphin like you love another person?)
    I call bullshit, immediately. First of all, homosexual marriages in the context of which you're speaking are not related to any of what the **** you just said. America isn't a muslim country, America is a freedom of religion country. Polygamy, in itself, from a scientific standpoint can be perfectly healthy. However, I don't support the idea of polygamous marriages. Oh, and lowering the age of consent also has nothing to do with homosexual marriages, homosexuality as what we know it today (one person of the same gender marrying another) is not related to pedophilia (some priests are though). Homosexuals want to be able to get married like everyone else. You want to talk of definitions and "religious sanctity," okay let's talk about it:

Webster's Dictionary now includes LOL, and abbreviations/terms of that nature. Gay used to mean happy fifty or so ****ing years ago, that definition's changed too. I see, so all that shit can change, but marriage can't be redefined to not be "gender specific"? Forgive me, but to try and preserve any religious aspect is ridiculous. Religion has been the root of some of the most meaningless wars and other fiascos in this world. Let's totally use it as a reason to deny rights to something you may or may not understand, but nevertheless involves love.

And sorry to sound prejudice of another prejudice, but Mississippi is full of some ****ing racists. The KKK (yet another religion associated organization) is very active in that region. Sad and ridiculous, but not surprising. It is nice to know, however, that the pastor still married them; thank God for small miracles.

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dranzer View Post
    thank God for small miracles.
    lol'ed

But tbh, I don't really see a reason why polygamous marriage should be illegal.

Blog Entries

"What's next?" is the very fear I choose to live my life by from now on. What's next after we land on Mars? Gonna try to land on Jupiter now?! Can't just settle for Mars? Jupiter doesn't even have a place to land, it's gas. What's next? Legalize AR-15s, next we're gonna have AR-16's?! What's next? I post a reply to this thread, someone else has to post a reply to this thread? I mean what the **** is next, really?

I mean, I'm just saying. Fund stem cell research; what's next? Soon we're gonna be funding seed cell research and core cell research, that's like the whole god damned apple, what's next?

Blog Entries

While I do think churches should be able to decide for themselves, I do have this to say about the slippery slope argument: it's silly.

Hypothetically, if marriage between a woman and a man were not permissible in law either, would you decree that we couldn't possibly allow heterosexual marriage because next homosexuals would want it too? No, you wouldn't. It's a terrible argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    Gay marriage is illegal in like, 46 or so states lol so yes, people ARE denied marriage. You can be married in on of those states, but it only counts there.
    No, nobody is denied marriage. If gay marriage is illegal in 46 states, then go to one of the remaining four states that it's legal, and get married there.

If you get married in a state where it's legal, going back to your home state, where it's illegal will not void your marriage.

Also, if a gay person is offended that his state doesn't allow him and his partner to get married, there are other states that that person can live in where gay marriage is more tolerable.

There are always loopholes, but I'm the only one who ever thinks of them. Problem solved, again. Everybody makes a big deal about absolutely nothing.

Based on what I've seen being discussed so far about the general "**** you" idea towards people who don't support gay rights, I'm gonna take the opportunity to step in and give my opinion on the matter. I better not be accused of trolling or flaming, because that would insinuate that I'm posting only to get a rise out of people. Not true. The indignation one might feel upon reading my opinions may be the result of their inherent homosexuality. Of course, if you want people to respect your opinions, ideals and sexual orientation... then it would by hypocritical not to respect others'.

What's even the point of gay couples getting married? It's not like you're gonna have kids to continue your lineage. So you want the same last name? Get a name change.

If you're a gay couple and you adopt, then *** you. Why would you force a little kid to grow up in a household that smells like human feces 24/7 with two queer dads? You're gonna mess the kid's head up. Figuring out love when you're growing up has enough trial and error on it's own without your "parents" explaining their warped views to you.

Maybe you should just respect the fact that being gay isn't a normal choice, it's abnormal. As common as homosexuality is nowadays, it's still abnormal.

I knew I was straight before I knew what straight was. I kissed girls as early as when I was in preschool. I've never kissed a man and I've never had the desire to. You start treating gay like it's normal and kids are gonna grow up twisted in the mind, which is already happening.

((If you're a sensitive priss, you should probably skip this next part))

Homosexual men are the disgrace of the male gender. If you look down, and you see a penis, then be a damn man. Queers don't realize that their queer attitude and sodomistic actions impact the rest of us men negatively. It does. Queers are so damn rampant in the world nowadays that women are even losing respect for us REAL men. There was a time when they respected the authority of the male voice. Queers are killing it with their sissy slang and floppy wrists. You know the worst insult a straight woman will give to a straight man when she's a scorned ex? She'll call him gay, accuse him of being gay, tell his friends/associates that he's gay. Even straight women use gay as an insult for a man as the worst thing they can think of. I don't see how queers can honestly think that women like them. Even their female friends just like having an immasculated shell of a man around because it makes them feel empowered. Women don't respect queers. Straight men hate queers. Queers need to stop trying to change the world into a gayer place. People like me will always resist them.

I'm not sure why we are even debating gay marriage in this thread that has nothing to do with it, but there you have it.

I dont see why everybody has to get married, why want to be part of something that hates your very being?

Sure just start up a gay catholic church, theres so many different Christian churches, may aswell make a new faction, who cares! It's all bullshit nonsense anyway..

Its like a black man moaning about not being allowed into the KKK, why wish to be part of something so narrow minded and ignorant? Make something better, or do without!

Or do what Clint said if its such a big fuss, shit i bet majority of the people wanting gay marriage dont even go to church, so go up state, make a holiday out of it! derp!

Maybe you should just respect the fact that being gay isn't a normal choice, it's abnormal.
    It isn't a choice. You do not choose your sexual preference. You can choose however, to be repressed and ignore it. But that isn't healthy is it.

You start treating gay like it's normal and kids are gonna grow up twisted in the mind, which is already happening.
    What do you mean they will grow up twisted and confused? You're either born straight or not. If anything they would grow up more accepting of differences around and be of less short-sighted bigots. It won't affect their upbringing in any negative way, at least I haven't witnessed any cases where such thing has happened.

Homosexual men are the disgrace of the male gender. If you look down, and you see a penis, then be a damn man. Queers don't realize that their queer attitude and sodomistic actions impact the rest of us men negatively. It does. Queers are so damn rampant in the world nowadays that women are even losing respect for us REAL men. There was a time when they respected the authority of the male voice. Queers are killing it with their sissy slang and floppy wrists. You know the worst insult a straight woman will give to a straight man when she's a scorned ex? She'll call him gay, accuse him of being gay, tell his friends/associates that he's gay. Even straight women use gay as an insult for a man as the worst thing they can think of. I don't see how queers can honestly think that women like them. Even their female friends just like having an immasculated shell of a man around because it makes them feel empowered. Women don't respect queers. Straight men hate queers. Queers need to stop trying to change the world into a gayer place. People like me will always resist them.
    This is really ignorant. You're completely stereotyping, and I have witnessed many homosexuals to be just as manly if not more than straight guys. While being more educated, moral and more productive to society.
    You're also leaving lesbians behind, because homosexual marriage and adoption do include them, you see.
    I sense a lot of projecting here, maybe you should think some of your issues through. Best of luck
    Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrel View Post
    I sense a lot of projecting here, maybe you should think some of your issues through. Best of luck
    Projecting? No I pretty much said it outright. Gays are affecting manhood as a whole by exemplifying the feminization of the male gender. Gays and feminists in the media paint manhood as evil, and the more tolerance there is for homosexuals in our society, the less tolerance there is for straight men.

Why should I have to see two dudes kissing on TV? It's disgusting. If I can see it, then sure as hell there's kids out there who've been exposed. How would you feel if you were an animal lover and I snuck in a clip of cutting a cat's head off onto your TV? You'd feel the same way. Why should kids have to grow up in a society where they have to bear witness to homosexual behavior? It's not normal, it's not moral, and it's repulsive.

Homosexual behavior can be traumatizing to young children. When it's accepted as normal, it is painted all over the media. That's what's wrong with it. Honestly I don't think queers are born. I think they're made, and I think they're the product of being mentally traumatized and emotionally broken human beings. The more society lets it run out of control, the more men will resign their manhood, and the less women will respect the male gender as a whole. We are to be respected and feared, not "fabulous".

Blog Entries

Homophobia is far more traumatising. Which is why suicide among homosexual teens is much higher than for heterosexual teens. And you're a homophobe, contributing to that. I hope you can still live with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Homophobia is far more traumatising. Which is why suicide among homosexual teens is much higher than for heterosexual teens. And you're a homophobe, contributing to that. I hope you can still live with yourself.
    Homosexual teens kill themselves because they hate themselves. That's why people kill themselves (shame). If people feared me, it wouldn't make me commit suicide. Also, queers are some of the weakest willed human beings on the planet -- that also might contribute to the rate of suicide. Truth is, queers tend to commit suicide because they're so ashamed of their homosexual tendencies that when word gets out, they commit ritualistic seppuku -- that is, they take their own life in shame. I'm all for weak-willed prissies committing seppuku; at least they're tough enough to do that. But at least they could salute the flag and yell "U.S.A.!" right before they do it instead of crying like most of them do.

Registered User Marriage Denied Sheechiibii's Avatar

Based on what I've seen (...) there you have it.
    All I can see from your words is you are a twisted, angry, bigoted individual. Behaviour like this disgusts me, we are not neanderthals anymore, though evidently some still think like we are. People who believe repression and death to their own mankind are vile and an abomination. You are seriously sick, as are other homophobic human beings, I really do believe you have to have something wrong with you inside to hold such hatred for love.

"Everyone was so happy. 'Great job. You did it. You saved us... all.' There were too many smiles to count.
    But now...When I look back... The people who should be here aren't.
    The ones who should be smiling with me aren't here."

Shake it like a polaroid picture Marriage Denied RagnaToad's Avatar

Is this Hobaginator guy for real?

Also, Nix said what I wanted to say, only with fewer words.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Also, queers are some of the weakest willed human beings on the planet -- that also might contribute to the rate of suicide. Truth is, queers tend to commit suicide because they're so ashamed of their homosexual tendencies that when word gets out, they commit ritualistic seppuku
    The suicide rate of teenage homosexuals is higher than for teenage heterosexuals contributes to the intolerance of society. People are intolerant of them because they choose to love somebody of the same gender, which is ridiculous, because it's nobody's business who anybody loves.

Truth is, gays tend to commit suicide more often because too many punks like you are brutal and heartless. Your views towards homosexuality is sickening and pathetic.

Honestly I don't think queers are born. I think they're made, and I think they're the product of being mentally traumatized and emotionally broken human beings.
    Well that's a pointless argument. Nobody is made heterosexual or homosexual. I'm not attracted to women because it's socially acceptable. I just have a natural attraction to women, just as gays have a natural attraction to the same sex. Though honestly, it's none of your goddamn business who anybody loves.

The more society lets it run out of control, the more men will resign their manhood, and the less women will respect the male gender as a whole. We are to be respected and feared, not "fabulous".
    Who gives a shit if a man is feminine or not? That doesn't mean that you have to be feminine.

Men are not to be "respected and feared." That is by far the dumbest thing I've heard this month. In order to gain respect, you have to give respect. Since you give none, then nobody can see you for anything other then what you are. You are not to be feared. You are to be somebody strong yet gentile enough for your woman to confide in. That is the very definition of chivalry, and being a gentleman.

I have a secret that I need to share with you. You, sir, are a moron.

Magically Delicous Marriage Denied Merlin's Avatar

For someone who participates in ID a lot Hobaginator, you sure don't do your research. Homosexuality and bisexuality is quite common in nature. Dwarf chimpanzees are one of the closest genetic relatives to humans and they are all bisexual. The younger ones even have oral sex with the older chimpanzees. Lions are homosexual. The male lions will have sex with each other to create a better bond in the pack. Scientists have documented over 1,500 different animal species having homosexual relations. Homosexuality isn't abnormal in the slightest. It's just narrow-minded people who insist that their way is the right way and everybody else is wrong who think otherwise. Nature doesn't lie.

Boxer of the Galaxy Marriage Denied Rowan's Avatar

I used to be weary of homosexuals. I blame the media and how they are portrayed in film and the general concensus you see in society (back then, anyway). I wasn't born to be cautious of someones sexual preference, I grew up believing it was unnatural. That is until one day I found out one of my good mates is homosexual. I figured how hard it must be for him to be such a good person but have people not want to interact with him because of a sexual preference. What the hell does it matter whos buggering who? I realised how stupid it is to be neglectful. What you need to understand Hobignator, is not every gay guy wants to suck your ****.

grow up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddamn Clint Eastwood View Post
    No, nobody is denied marriage. If gay marriage is illegal in 46 states, then go to one of the remaining four states that it's legal, and get married there.

If you get married in a state where it's legal, going back to your home state, where it's illegal will not void your marriage.

Also, if a gay person is offended that his state doesn't allow him and his partner to get married, there are other states that that person can live in where gay marriage is more tolerable.

There are always loopholes, but I'm the only one who ever thinks of them. Problem solved, again. Everybody makes a big deal about absolutely nothing.
    yeah, pack up and sell everything to move to a state possibly across country, real great idea lol and yes, the marriages are only on the books in the state it is legal in.

Homosexual teens kill themselves because they hate themselves. That's why people kill themselves (shame). If people feared me, it wouldn't make me commit suicide. Also, queers are some of the weakest willed human beings on the planet -- that also might contribute to the rate of suicide. Truth is, queers tend to commit suicide because they're so ashamed of their homosexual tendencies that when word gets out, they commit ritualistic seppuku -- that is, they take their own life in shame. I'm all for weak-willed prissies committing seppuku; at least they're tough enough to do that. But at least they could salute the flag and yell "U.S.A.!" right before they do it instead of crying like most of them do.
    Troll harder

the night man cometh Marriage Denied Joxsjua's Avatar

I know all organizations have the right to do with and treat whom ever how-ever they want to.
    My problem with the story was that these people that grew up locally attending a church for many years making many donations(at the customary 10% of their paycheck) had made their wedding reservations in advance and at the last moment were told that "this church is unwilling to accept blacks as equals." A lil bit shady ehh?

As Nelson Mandela quotes "no one is born hating another person because of the color of their skin."

The direction this community chose to take this topic is a completely different issue on its own.

Quick question: can a person I ignored, view the conversations I type?? I've had Sasquatch on my ignore list from the first time I tried to communicate an Intelligent Discussion he continually spammed: unstable emotional, judgmental, hate-filled responses. Why is he trolling this thread when/if he hasn't viewed the original context?

Thank you Mr. Che for making light of a typical extremist counter argument.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast