Thread: March Madness anyone?

It's all just a joke March Madness anyone? Acheron's Avatar

March Madness anyone?

So as I'm watching the Kentucky-Miss St SEC final, which is in overtime and shouldn't be, I'm pretty shocked that I haven't seen a March Madness thread up yet. But putting my shock aside, I can't be the only one here who's excited for it, can I? One of my teams (Cuse) will be a number one seed this year, while my other team (Rutgers) is uh...not involved like usual haha.

So what's everyone's take on the tourney? Like it? Hate it? Maybe just not a sports fan in general? This is easily one of my favorite times in the year. It's hard to find a tourney like the this one, where so much is on the line and so many teams have an opportunity to become champions. Even if you aren't going to watch most of the games, do you plan on filling out a bracket?

Only a few more hours till selection!

Death Before Dishonor March Madness anyone? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: March Madness anyone?

I am gonna go ahead and say Kentucky will rape everyone. Of course that is cause I am from Kentucky. I plan to fill out a bracket soon. Me and my friends all fill one out. We each put in $50 and whoevers has the most games right at the end gets it all.

GO KENTUCKY!!!

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Kentucky probably has the hardest bracket out of all the No. 1 seeds. Marquette, New Mexico, WVU....this regional is stacked and frankly Kentucky would be lucky to get past any of them. But who knows, maybe Wall can carry them further than I think.

Bananarama March Madness anyone? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I follow it casually enough. I picked UNC to win it all last year and won myself 100 bucks from a pool my buddies and I had set up.

My school wasn't even allowed to play in our divisional tourney this year. Too many thugs and associated problems with them.

We got raped by Duke last year. A cookie to anyone who gets it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I follow it casually enough. I picked UNC to win it all last year and won myself 100 bucks from a pool my buddies and I had set up.

My school wasn't even allowed to play in our divisional tourney this year. Too many thugs and associated problems with them.

We got raped by Duke last year. A cookie to anyone who gets it.
    I give you credit for even still being a Binghamton fan. But at least you guys don't still have that crazy Serbian guy beating everyone up.

Che

KU will rape Kentucky in the final. I dont wanna give away my bracket because it is perfect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    I give you credit for even still being a Binghamton fan. But at least you guys don't still have that crazy Serbian guy beating everyone up.
    I actually knew him. Not well or anything, but I worked down by the locker rooms, so I knew like 90% of all the players. He was a total douche.

I also knew the kid who got the shit kicked out of him. He was a little weasel, and asked me if I had any drugs he could "borrow." Didn't deserve getting stomped though. I'm just glad I wasn't at that bar that night though... I was at the bar down the road and hooking up with a girl at Kennedy Fried Chicken.

aw yeah
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
    Kentucky probably has the hardest bracket out of all the No. 1 seeds. Marquette, New Mexico, WVU....this regional is stacked and frankly Kentucky would be lucky to get past any of them. But who knows, maybe Wall can carry them further than I think.
    We have more than Wall. We have Cousin, Patterson, and those other guys...

It is true that they have a hard bracket, but I think that they can pull it off. They pull shit out when the time calls for it.

Che I think that a KY V. KU game would be amazing. Unfortunately your predictions are completely wrong. KY-Win VIA Ass Raping...

Blog Entries

March Madness kicked off today! How's everyones brackets doing so far?

I'm 6 for 8 as of right now, with my two screw ups being Murray St. winning and Notre Dame udderly choking against Old Dominion. Otherwise I did call the St. Marys upset. Still a little miffed about Murray winning, I had them beating Butler too.

I'll update this once the games finish up for the night.

EDIT: Looks like ohio upset Georgetown, which I thought Ohio wouldn't win. damn. I called the upset on UNI though. Kentucky scoring 100 made me lol. Kansas vs Lehigh I'm not even concerned about.
    Last edited by Rocky; 03-18-2010 at 06:39 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Registered User March Madness anyone? vicks and wedge's Avatar

my love for sports has always conflicted me and my television with my love of final fantasy!!! thats why i love the handhelds!!! got the tournry on my tube and ff7 on my psp...

Go Buckeyes!!!!!!!!!!

Soup Kitchen Jerk. March Madness anyone? Polk's Avatar

Well, I officially suck at tournament brackets. I went 9 of 16 in the first round so far, losing two of my elite eight teams, Marquette (god damn Marquette ) and Georgetown. Two pretty big upsets. As per my yearly tradition, I (foolishly) picked Duke to go all the way, since I've picked them to go ever since I was a little kid.

I'm cheering for my Badgers, though. They have a tough bracket, seeing as Kentucky is the number one seed.

Ten bucks basically down the drain, but hey, tourney time is always a blast.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Registered User March Madness anyone? vicks and wedge's Avatar

hey james dont fret just yet!! i used to run oneof these polls the key is not to win early but late as long as teams that you pick to go far are stillin it you got a chance!!!

wisconsins a good team as a fellow big tenner i wish you luck...go buckeyes

"Ugh," is the best way to describe my first day. I knew it was going to be a tense one, with a lot of close match ups but I still expected to do better than I did. The Georgetown game was just embarrassing from start to finish. No defense at all; G-Town gave Ohio open looks all night long and just dared them to knock them down, which they did.

My blemishes so far are Florida, Georgetown, Texas and Marquette. Thankfully, I had all of them losing in the second round anyways. The UNI over UNLV result was expected and hardly an upset. Same thing with Murray St. over Vandy. Vandy might have been a four seed but I doubt anyone really believed that, the SEC has been a joke besides Tennessee and Kentucky.

How's everyone else holding up? Any big upsets today? I've got Siena over Purdue (which it seems like everyone does) and Florida St. over Gonzaga. Oh, and I don't buy the Cornell hype for a moment.

Blog Entries

Totally forgot to do my brackets

I suck as a man
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Totally forgot to do my brackets

I suck as a man
    -rep

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Soup Kitchen Jerk. March Madness anyone? Polk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    -rep
    I concur.

Also: Wisconsin just barely pulled out a win. Fffuuuuuudge that was close.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Blog Entries

I had two upsets on my brackets. I picked Old Dominion to win over Notre Dame, and Robert Morris to win over Villanova. I was 1-2 on that, but very close.

So far my brackets are going good. Ones of my friends who put money in is already f*cked so. Kentucky is actually surprising me. I said that they would rape, but I was actually unsure whether or not they would.

My couch pulls out but I don't. March Madness anyone? midgetbob's Avatar

**SIGH**

welcome to Kansas... IE: Definition of DISAPPOINTMENT: Most victories in the NCAA in the past 20 years; 15 regular season championships and 8 tournament championships in the past 20 years! 8 times #1 seed in the tourney in the past 20 years! One National Championship?!?!

Bastard ass KU...

Now they can add in more then One National Championship

Blog Entries

I just counted up all my wins, got 35 total right over the past two rounds. Kansas was a disappointment but I didnt have them in my final four so w/e. I was kinda surprised with Ohio but I think Ohio State will beat them and then they will also beat the winner of the UNI/MSU game putting them to the final four. Only lose I had so far in the bottom left bracket is Vanderbilt not making sweet sixteen otherwise I'm golden. Kentucky neeeds to beat Cornell and West Virginia so they can get to the final four. My bottom right bracket is kinda silly lol but I think Baylor will beat SMU AND Duke for the final four entry, quote me!

Bye bye Syracuse

Now that the Orange(men) are out, I couldn't care less who wins it all. At least now that my bracket is all finished, I won't have to root for WVU anymore. So uh...let's go...Cornell! haha.

Blog Entries

I am pissed my bracket is dead now. F*ck WVU. Now that KU, and UK are gone my bracket is pointless.

Oh a story that goes along with this. I have told Che already so I will tell everyone else now. The night that WVU beat UK someone was running through the streets of Ashland KY me and my buddies were walking out of a gas station. This guy had a WVU flag and was yelling F*ck UK go WVU. SOme random ass guy pulled out a 9mm and shot his ass. The guy is alright. This made me realize how heated people get over sports..