Thread: The magic of the word games and humor

Pedobear approves The magic of the word games and humor Shadow Of Darkness's Avatar

The magic of the word games and humor

This thread is about all the good things that concern "The word games" and all other "Humor" threads. When I first got here on TFF I was damn lonely and didn't know how to make new friends. Guss who helped me! The magical place of word games and humor. These threads are based to have fun and to get to know new people. I met really great people on the word games and also got many rep/tnx points. Even now when I see my profile it's written that I have most of the posts in the "Word games".Damn..those were the times when I got online just to fool around with my friends on those word games.

Do you have to say something about all this? Did you met any great person trough those threads? Do you go often to those thread?
    What do you think about the word and humor threads?
    Do you think they are helpful the way I think it is?

CPC8 rule !
    Last edited by Shadow Of Darkness; 05-26-2009 at 12:07 AM.
    FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!

A PROUD MEMBER OF THE STUUUUPIDEST CLUB...EVER! STONER BROTHERS UNITE !

SoD: What should I give to my girlfriend for Valentines Day?
    Pete: My suggestion is two presents. Get her something of meaning to the both of you, and a dildo. If she doesn't like the first gift, she can go **** herself.

My Family:
    My awesome sister which I love very much <3--Vampiric.Delirium
    My lazy, random, super-duper, twice-removed cousin-- Ralz
    My forever intoxicated vigilante brother--Celtic_Silver
    My Godsmack Addicted Brother--Omega Weapon
    My dark wolf obsessed somebody--Darkwolf
    My Bahamut loving sister--Bahamut1990
    My forever banned cousin--Dark_Angel2
    My sweet vanilla cousin--OceanEyes28
    My wacky evil loving sister--Annikit

Shake it like a polaroid picture The magic of the word games and humor RagnaToad's Avatar
    I feel ya. I used to hang out in the Word Games forum all the time.

Remember when there was a spam thread?
    Man, I used to live there every night ^_^

Good times

I think it's alright to have a place like that, but I think most don't come any further than the Word Games. Too bad.

I'd love to see an increasing amount of posters in the Intellectual Discussion forum.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I feel epic... The magic of the word games and humor Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Ah yes, those threads. Definitely some good time there. By keeping up, you're bound to get some rep sooner or later. It's always fun to join in on either the character elimination, the fighting arena, or other random joys. I've met several great members there, mostly noobies, with a real sense of humor, and my greatest ally, Fate, helped me find it in the first place. So, yeah, it's a good forum.

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Do you have to say something about all this?

Word Game threads and forums are a great way to relax and meet new people. I'm someone who's been on forums for quite a few years. And I can personally say from experience the place where I most made friends was in these game places.
    I think they're a great idea. They allow you to relax, to sit back and be yourself without having to play a false facade or anything.
    My favourite past haunts were "Honest Opinion on the Member Above you", "The ^,< and v thread" and "Getting To Know You".

Did you met any great person trough those threads? Do you go often to those thread?

Yes I have. I have met people on these thread whom I still speak to today. Thats 4 years later. Not bad eh? Although we started friendship in a fun spam thread we were still able to develop a strong friendship. I find it hard to meet people sometimes, so with the prospect of chilling in a relaxed area it made everything so much easier.

I believe these threads have good intentions. Not only that but they are a fantastic place to chill out and be yourself. Relax and mess around with your friends. In in this kind of environment in which you are able to just have fun.
    I know some people's opinions of game threads are 'Pure Spam' or 'A waste of time', but I think thats sad. It's just where a bunch of people have fun. That's allowed.
    However, I also think it's good that in most forums the post count is switched off in Game Forums. As great as they are - I have known people who used these threads purely to just rise up in post count. That is wrong. They are there for fun and not as a chore to gain you extra brownie points.

I concur .

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Asking all the personal questions. The magic of the word games and humor RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    This thread is about all the good things that concern "The word games" and all other "Humor" threads. When I first got here on TFF I was damn lonely and didn't know how to make new friends. Guss who helped me! The magical place of word games and humor. These threads are based to have fun and to get to know new people. I met really great people on the word games and also got many rep/tnx points. Even now when I see my profile it's written that I have most of the posts in the "Word games".Damn..those were the times when I got online just to fool around with my friends on those word games.

Do you have to say something about all this? Did you met any great person trough those threads? Do you go often to those thread?
    No i disagree to a point, yes the word games is a nesting place for the noobs as i was once raised there myself as a noob its a place where you can spam to a ceartain extent, but i fear that this then leaks out into other parts of the forum like a virus.I think this is the wrong impression we are giving because some new members tend to stick to the word games thread and not venture out to the other parts of the forum.

We want new members to feel free to roam the forum and post in other threads whether it be ID, Literature or even General chat.But of course to produce good quality posts hence CPC8's guide that was recently posted about Post ettiquite.
    If people stick to the word games they tend to have a tendancy to be the more likely to spam and produce poor quality posts in the other threads.

Though i do think H/W games is a good place to go to have fun and get away from the seriousness of other things but seriously dwelling there day after day, i fell if new members don't post in other threads they won't grow to respect the forum and won't grow as a member of the forum in general, they will think that the forum is a place of shinanigans, don't get me wrong we do like to have fun in the forum but it should be kept to vm's and not have petty arguments or one liners in a thread like 'Wow so where do you live?' in a thread thats called Hero ellimination (Take note that previous statment is just a example), which i have seen quite often especially in H/W games this crap should be kept to vm.

As for meeting new people and making friends among the forum this i see should also be kept to vm if you like the post of another member and or relate to it why not send them a vm message and talk in there not in the thread.
    I think it's alright to have a place like that, but I think most don't come any further than the Word Games. Too bad.

I'd love to see an increasing amount of posters in the Intellectual Discussion forum.
    This is quite true as i said before most new members don't stray from the H/W games and if you don't then you will not increase your experinece of the forum and think of everything else you are missing!

I also would love to see more members in the ID section or even the general disscusion section but of course there need to be more new threads. Another thing i see that is reoccuring is that most new members are younger and are 'scared' to express their opinion in ID and find some the other members intimidating which of course restricts them to H/W games.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Quote Originally Posted by dragoon View Post
    No i disagree to a point, yes the word games is a nesting place for the noobs as i was once raised there myself as a noob its a place where you can spam to a ceartain extent
    I agree that the Humour and Word Game threads can be a starting area for noobs. Heck I think on my first day here I went there first *guilty look*.
    But it was only because I felt... well... new. I didn't know anyone. I didn't know what threads had been posted... And I can be painfully shy at times.
    As a general rule I think noobs feel intimidated and so the H/W game threads are a great place to start. You won't be told your spamming. And you meet people! It's hard to post in a place where everyone knows each other... you feel perhaps... insignificant. Silly I know, but it's just a thought ^~. I don't think it's wrong that a noob should start there... it's the beginning! Make some friends and then have the courage to go on right?

Quote Originally Posted by dragoon
    We want new members to feel free to roam the forum and post in other threads whether it be ID, Literature or even General chat.
    Yeah, that's a very good point as well... But again it comes back to the intimidation factor. Especially when it comes to ID! And in General Chat there needs to be more 'open' or 'opinionated' easy threads. I don't know if that even makes sense! XD.
    It would be great if we could get ID to become more active. I was thinking, perhaps there could be a sub forum thing. To lighten things up - like an Agony Aunt sort of section. If someone has a problem they want to share they could go there. It makes it less "OMG" maybe... And perhaps in that area post count could be off so people didn't abuse it or something. Just a thought.
    If we want people to become more adventurous we need to integrate new systems/ideas/thoughts :3.

I also would love to see more members in the ID section or even the general disscusion section but of course there need to be more new threads. Another thing i see that is reoccuring is that most new members are younger and are 'scared' to express their opinion in ID and find some the other members intimidating which of course restricts them to H/W games.
    *Nods* Yep I agree about the 'scared' thing... Time to put thinking hats on ^~.

Following the path for truth...

and ending the dream.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I spent many an hour over in word games when I first joined. I have over 3000 posts there - most of those were made up in the first 6 months of me joining. >>;;

No i disagree to a point, yes the word games is a nesting place for the noobs as i was once raised there myself as a noob its a place where you can spam to a ceartain extent
    It is breeding ground for noobs, BUT it's a good place for noobs to meet and greet older members, maybe even make a few friends. It's also a good place for new comers to build up the courage to post in other sections of the forum. That sounded weird, but when you don't know anyone, it is hard to talk about what you think and give your opinions on this and that.

Also... how much can you talk about Final Fantasy? As much as a love Final Fantasy, I run out of things to say about it very quickly. Most of the threads over in that section of the forums were made by random noobs, asking about the colour of a charaters hair. Anything slightly intellectual over there just ends up a thread full of noobs leaving one or two lines of txt type. Or spamming.

If people stick to the word games they tend to have a tendancy to be the more likely to spam and produce poor quality posts in the other threads
    Not true - you're looking at one right now. =P
    No, I hear you. I disagree with you on that part to a point, but I won't go there. At the end of the day, noobish people bring it upon themselves - they should have read the forum rules when joining up (I know I didn't... >>), so they should know where spamming is aloud - even in word games, despite them being known as the spam threads, you can't really spam in there.

You also have to take into account that what we see and know as noobish might not be as noobish as we think - don't forget, some people might not speak English. I probably wouldn't be able to write much if I didn't know English. =S

As for meeting new people and making friends among the forum this i see should also be kept to vm if you like the post of another member and or relate to it why not send them a vm message and talk in there not in the thread.
    Thats all good and well and everything, but VM's aren't the answer. Most new people (I've had enough with saying noob - sounds horrible lol) feel like they'd be bothering people if they just clicked on someones profile and start talking. Ok... erm... I'm going to explain this in a really weird way, but I think most people would understand (parents expecially). Before I start, I am aware not everyone is a toddler on here - this is just an idea! If you watch younger kids in the play ground on their first day, they don't make friends by talking - they make friends by getting into activities with the other kids. This builds up courage to talk to the other kids, who'll want to be friends with them anyway because they've just played a game andhad fun. I'm probably going to be totally wrong saying this but: young ones don't talk to make friends. They play.

Now, I've probably just either made a fool of myself, or maybe programming isn't the best thing for my future... XD

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar
    This is not really ID material and will be moved to the GC section shortly.

As for the topic; I was never interested in Word Games -- I used to spend time in the ex spam thread, but even then that was due to boredom.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

Tsuna Feesh The magic of the word games and humor Fate's Avatar
    I love the Humor / Word Game Forums. I think that it helps with the activity here at TFF. People post there, and while they do that, they also contribute things to the other relevant forums, and the next day, they come back. And wy? Well, because they know that the Humor / Word Games Forum will still be there, and that's the most active forum. Lots of people get to know each other there. So in reality, it helps with the current activity that's happening at TFF.

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~