Thread: Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed

SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP!, SHUT-UP! Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed ~FANTASY-ENDER~'s Avatar
    Currently enjoying life after a long deployment

Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed

The player that will be on the 20th Anniversary of NFL Madden is going to be Brett Favre, Brett Favre will be the first non active player to appear on an NFL Madden game. Wow 20 years of Madden football, it doesn't seem that long. Well the question of the day is was it a good idea to put a non active player on this years cover? Why or why not.
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER][/U][/B]
    I FINALLY DEFEATED TERRA IN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FINAL MIX+
    I give everyone permission to call me Endy, and by the way I got that nickname from FATE, sounds cool
    RPGs THAT I'VE BEATEN.....
    FINAL FANTASY VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII KINGDOM HEARTS II ~FINAL MIX~+ KINGDOM HEARTS I, II, Re:Chain of Memories (Sora's Story), KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 DAYS STAR OCEAN III: TIL THE END OF TIME DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 1: REBIRTH DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 2: REMINISCE DOTHACK//G.U. VOL. 3: REDEMPTION ROGUE GALAXY WILD ARMS 4 BLUE DRAGON

MY ANIMES THAT I OWN.....
    KARIN (Complete Series 1-24), INUYASHA (Episodes 1-167), SCHOOL RUMBLE (Episodes 1-26),SHAKUGAN NO SHANA (Complete 1st Season 1-24), BLEACH (Episodes 1-92), MY HiME (Complete Series 1-26), MY OTOME (Complete Series 1-26), PLEASE TWINS (Complete Series 1-13), ELFEN LIED (Complete Series 1-13), NARUTO (Episodes 1-28), THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA (Complete Series 1-13)

Blog Entries
    http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/...o-facepalm.jpg

Thats how I feel about the whole situation right now, it seems like that the sports games are being quite particular in hitting a certain audience about who is on the cover of their newest game. Gilbert Arenas is another one that I was kind of shady about. Some people may not know it, but Arenas is a HUGE gamer, and even owns his own professional Halo 3 team (Currently ranked #1), so I just find it interesting on how the selection may seem to work IMO.

The image is mostly directed towards the situation with Favre, a retired athlete, making the cover, along with me disliking the Packers. VIKINGS FTW!!!
    Last edited by Rocky; 04-27-2008 at 08:19 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    The image is mostly directed towards the situation with Favre, a retired athlete, making the cover, along with me disliking the Packers. VIKINGS FTW!!!
    Haha. Vikings. How unfortunate for you.

Anyway, I'm going to try my best here not to let my insane man-crush on Brett Favre shine through here. Yes. I am a HUGE Packer fan. Yes, I think Brett Favre deserves to be on the cover of the Madden '09 game. Even if you don't like the guy, you have to admire what he did in his time in the NFL. Three time MVP, leading the Packers to two Super Bowls, for God's sake, the team had ONE losing season in the 16 seasons he was the starting quarterback. He completely changed the face of football in Green Bay, which was in a dismal state in the 70's and 80's.

Woo. Felt good to get that out of my system. That being said, yeah, I feel okay about a retired player being on the new Madden cover. I like to think of it as a tribute to a legend. Hey, at least no one will suffer the effects of the Madden Curse this year.

Also, Go Packers. That is all.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Madden never tries to hide his man-crush on Favre.

It is really disappointing, as Favre hasn't been the best in years. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady deserve it more. Hell, Eli Manning deserves a nod for his upset in the Super Bowl.

I think it is an attempt to thwart the Curse. Expect Favre to lose a limb.

Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed Takishi's Avatar
    Yes. Because he has made a ton of records like passing yards and most touchdowns ever and whatever else he earned. Also, he had a lot of consecutive starts like around 200 something.

It's pretty cool to see him for the Madden 09 cover.
    http://z11.invisionfree.com/Universal/index.php? In need of more members. Best site ever.

The Old Skool Warrior Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Some of my customers were talking to me about it yesterday and we all seem to have the same sentiment -- Favre is going to get injured next fall. Don't know how, don't know when, don't know why, but he's going to hurt. Expect him to fall off a ladder or something. I don't know about losing a limb, but it's a certain possibility.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Some of my customers were talking to me about it yesterday and we all seem to have the same sentiment -- Favre is going to get injured next fall. Don't know how, don't know when, don't know why, but he's going to hurt. Expect him to fall off a ladder or something. I don't know about losing a limb, but it's a certain possibility.
    rofl, what made you decide on this Lococolt? For being one of the oldest former players from the NFL, I think Favre still has a pretty sharp mind on him, so what do you think is going to happen to him?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I think Favre still has a pretty sharp mind on him
    I loled. That is an interesting commentary, to say the least.

He is going to get injured because that is the way of the Curse. You cannot simply avoid it.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    I'd just like to point out that one of his favorite hobbies is riding his tractor around. Also jean commercials have taught me that he likes to play against average guys in pickup football games.

But, expect Favre to get injured in a freak tractor accident. Like, he's trying to avoid hitting a squirrel and he flips the bitch. I'm just saying. Go Packers!
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

The Old Skool Warrior Madden 2009 Player cover Revealed LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can definitely see him getting hurt in a pickup game. I tore two tendons and a ligament in my right knee during one of those back in my high school days. I was returning a kickoff and got clipped at the knee from both sides simultaneously.

WATCH OUT FAVRE, YOUR LEGS ARE GOING DOWN.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.