I could care less about humor and word games being kept or abolished. Alternatively, you could do two subforums, one for logic puzzles and games, and one for humor/timewasting forum games. Alternatively you could make H/WG it's own forum, with it's own moderator, instead of also bogging down the GC mods with the subforum.

Instead of an NSFW board, why not something similar to Xkcd's setup? I've noticed under their general chat board, they have a Member Business type forum, which we already have, and a Love/Sex/Relationships forum, which is member's only. Member's of all ages go to that board for encouragement, advice, polls, etc, and it keeps it all in one place.

Something akin to /QQ/ or /adv/ from 420chan/4chan could be considered as well, for general advice/venting, as long as it's tastefully done. that could be an ID subsection, as I'd assume only serious posts would be allowed there with overly strict rules.

A news/current events forum/sticky might have merit as well, but I'm likely the only one who thinks so.

Just some ideas to toss out there while you fine people are here "deliberating and conjugating the emancipation proclamation." (Bonus points if you guess the show and episode the quote comes from).

I think we all agree that we need some way to stimulate activity in at least SOME manner.