View Poll Results: Keep the Humor/Word Games?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

15 41.67%
  • Negative

21 58.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Civilized

Re: Let's Be Civilized

Loaf would like to officially take responsibility for the idea.

Good job, Loaf.

Until now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Loaf would like to officially take responsibility for the idea.

Good job, Loaf.
    Only if Jin joins me.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

I'll support you from the background where I'm safe if the idea fails miserably.

Until now!

Blog Entries

I had a conversation with Block, who was banned for spamming up General Chat (like he is known to do), that I thought was quite interesting. He asked me to post this conversation here, so that his words can reach the community from the Great Beyond. So think of me as medium and we're all sitting around some burning incense and I'm channeling his spirit.

Blocked from TFF says:
    so i've figured out what the problem with tff is
    brett says:
    it needs to be nuked?
    Blocked from TFF says:
    we're two topics shy of not being able to general chat, you've got a bunch of nerds that love FF, so it's safe to assume that we all like most video games, we like music, movies, shows, anime, and spend a lot of time at our houses
    brett says:
    lmao for some reason my eyes read that as
    Blocked from TFF says:
    GC would normally mean talk about general things that interest you, but since there are seperate forums for everything except food, we have nothing to talk about in GC
    brett says:
    "we're two nerds shy of not being able to general chat"
    Blocked from TFF says:
    ROFL
    brett says:
    my eyes wandered too fast
    but yeah
    agreed
    thats what pete is argueing
    and rocky
    and me
    Blocked from TFF says:
    I can't get in general chat and talk about anything that I normally do I have to go to some other ****ing section of the forum and post there that I like open world games
    brett says:
    it is THE problem
    haha
    Blocked from TFF says:
    or that I saw Iron Man 2 and it blows
    or what the **** ever
    brett says:
    lmao
    Blocked from TFF says:
    we only have a small list of common interests and they're spread out all over damnation making it impossible for anyone to come to this forum and feel like they're part of the forum as a whole, but instead are a part of the small click of people that post in each divided section
    brett says:
    actually you put that in real word
    s
    instead of fake bullshit words
    that the rest of us did
    Blocked from TFF says:
    rofl
    the two topics btw are food and sex
    no one is getting any exposure to anything on this forum except the bullshit they're already super interested in, I can't post a video of Ima Robot and say, hey I just found out about this band and I think more people should share new music their into
    only people that are already into finding and talking about new music will see that shit they way it's set up now and that just leads to really boring conversation
    hey I found this new band
    that's cool
    so did I
    done
    brett says:
    topic closed
    to prevent SPAM
    Blocked from TFF says:
    don't know why I decided to preach this to you (the choir)
    but I just needed to say it, and I'm not aloud to post anymore
    brett says:
    aye
    well
    Blocked from TFF says:
    so if you could post this for me, I'd be appreciative
    brett says:
    i'm kinda iffy on tff right now
    part of me really wants to cfhange it
    but part of me aint got that kinda time *****
    Blocked from TFF says:
    lol
    yah
    brett says:
    scarface has to be watched, etc
    Blocked from TFF says:
    oh shit scarface
    oh we got off topic
    brett says:
    oh you want me to post that?
    Blocked from TFF says:
    I think I'm about to get banned
    just post the whole convo
    lol
    brett says:
    lmao
    aight
    Blocked from TFF says:
    then at the very least I can say, I tried
    brett says:
    not now
    but
    Blocked from TFF says:
    and if they want to stay up tight and segregated I will find another forum
    brett says:
    honestly
    it wouldn't do any difference

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Why would the great spirit of Block give half a flying **** about the state of the forums if he's banned I wonder?
    Just wondering about his motivations is all...

I'm not sure I follow, but if I understand right, are you advocating merging sections like General Gaming, Animation Corner and similar into General Discussion? Explain it to me man!
    victoria aut mors

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Why would the great spirit of Block give half a flying **** about the state of the forums if he's banned I wonder?
    Just wondering about his motivations is all...

I'm not sure I follow, but if I understand right, are you advocating merging sections like General Gaming, Animation Corner and similar into General Discussion? Explain it to me man!
    Yeah, banned people never care about the state of the forum. That's beyond my comprehension too, Silver.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Yeah, banned people never care about the state of the forum. That's beyond my comprehension too, Silver.
    Way to avoid my question dude.
    Kinda reminds me of politicions. Also eels.
    And you didn't bother to clarify what was meant neither like I nicely asked.
    No need to be all mean and shit Che. We're supposed to be constructive here, not trolls.
    victoria aut mors

Air from my lungs. Let's Be Civilized Violet's Avatar

Now it sounds like more problems are being brought into this. Honestly, we were doing just fine before this whole HW/G "problem" was brought up..or the Soapbox thread for that matter. It just sounds like people are LOOKING for something to complain about.
    I'm for offering ideas and whatnot, but not a whole lot needs to be changed. This has turned into a "oh well since we're changing one thing, HERE'S ANOTHER IDEA" thing.

Whatever happened to taking one step at a time?
    So far, Merlin's idea about option 3 is the best idea in this thread. Can we please stick with that for now?
    Last edited by Violet; 05-27-2010 at 05:16 AM.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Let's Be Civilized RagnaToad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Violet View Post
    Now it sounds like more problems are being brought into this. Honestly, we were doing just fine before this whole HW/G "problem" was brought up..or the Soapbox thread for that matter. It just sounds like people are LOOKING for something to complain about.
    I'm for offering ideas and whatnot, but not a whole lot needs to be changed. This has turned into a "oh well since we're changing one thing, HERE'S ANOTHER IDEA" thing.
    Violet is absolutely right. We were talking about the WG forums, not about everyone's ideas to improve the forums.

EDIT: I totally misread 'option 3'.

It would indeed fix seeing some word game as the last post made in GC, which I mentioned in an earlier post to be annoying.

But other than that, I don't really see how it would change anything. The people who want to see Word Games gone won't be pleased, and it wouldn't encourage heavy Word Gamers to do something else. It would just encourage people to stay in their favourite forum and form even more cliques.

I think General Chat should be GENERAL Chat.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 05-27-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Bananarama Let's Be Civilized Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I still think we should make general chat more general, and block nailed it. TFF is full of it's own little cliques, and they're really determined by what sections people primarily post in. If you allow general chat to be a little more general, and by not compartmentalizing every single thread, you'll create more discussion and *GASP* a stronger community.

I'm also of the idea that getting rid of word games in general, and making general chat more lax when it comes to stupid fun threads.

Guess what guys, che's "I have a dream" thread is more or less the same thing as "what's in your wallet." The only difference is there's a discussion about it, and we're talking about what we carry and why.

If you make the word games a little more thought provoking, I think they could be great for general chat. If you give an answer, and then write WHY, you do two things. You contribute to the thread and you use your brain. I know it's hard for some people, but it's possible to do both.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Pete is making an interesting point here.

If word games were to be introduced in General Chat, there would have to be some strong regulations on how to post in them. E.g. at least motivate your post and add something to what could be interpret as a discussion. But I fear that actual word games in General Chat will only deteriorate its quality after a while.

So the best option to me seems:

Get rid of Word Games, make Generel Chat really general.

EDIT: The essence of the WG 'problem' is not that people waste bandwidth or time or whatever, that is their choice. The essence is that there are members who could be seen posting in other (more valuable) sections of TFF, if only we could motivate them to do so. Unlike others, I believe getting rid of Word Games would stimulate activity in other subforums.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 05-27-2010 at 08:31 AM.

With only a few exceptions, this thread has been relatively civilized.
    Strike what I said there.

Che: Maybe I missed it, but did Block specify at all what he thought should be done with the General Gaming, Music, Movies, etc. forums? If we put all of that stuff in GC, what goes into those forums? Is he (or are you) suggesting that we abolish those forums entirely or are you guys suggesting we somehow demarcate topics? How would we do the latter? What makes a post General Gaming worthy as opposed to GC worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    I'm also of the idea that getting rid of word games in general, and making general chat more lax when it comes to stupid fun threads.
    Here's what I don't get. How are these two related at all? Why can't GC be made more lax while still keeping word games with Merlin/Loaf's option 3 idea? Why must it be one or the other?

Until now!

Why can't GC be made more lax while still keeping word games with Merlin/Loaf's option 3 idea? Why must it be one or the other?
    Making General Chat more general was originally brought up to compensate for the absence of Word Games, I believe.

But I think General Chat should be more general anyway, even if we don't get rid of Word Games.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 05-27-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Bananarama Let's Be Civilized Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    Making General Chat more general was originally brought up to compensate for the absence of Word Games, I believe.
    Bingo.

My proposal was a more general General Chat, with word games that require some thought.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

My point, however, is that you don't need to nix word games to make general chat more general. You can still keep a separate forum for all the elimination threads and those like them, while still allowing "word games that require some thought" to exist within the more laid back confines of GC.

I don't see why that can't be done. You may have to rename word games to get the point across about what belongs in it, but there no reason to eliminate it entirely.

Until now!

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Let's Be Civilized Treize's Avatar

I don't understand what the problem is here anymore. General Chat is pretty lax as it is, isn't it? You can post just about anything there as long as it wouldn't belong in another forum and isn't spamming/trolling, right? The problem that I see is that people just don't feel like or don't have the time to be making new threads all the time. Making GC "more general," which I don't even understand, wouldn't solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    My proposal was a more general General Chat, with word games that require some thought.
    First, we can have word games that require some thought. I've seen some of these threads in the word games forum before, but usually they fade out after a while. The word games that require thought just aren't as popular as the other ones. Putting them in General Chat instead of Word Games won't change the fact that they aren't popular. We can have humor there too, but unfortunately no one really posts any either.

Also, what do you mean by making General Chat more general? Do you suggest that we get rid of the other forums like Jin said and post everything in one forum? I prefer to have separate forums like we have now.

Finally, like I've said previously, the people who normally post in Word Games post there because they want to. If they wanted to post elsewhere, they would. Getting rid of word games would most likely not lead to them posting elsewhere if they still don't want to post there. They'll just go to a forum that has "Word Games." If anything, us having Word Games keeps those members here, and they will occasionally post outside of that forum when they see something that interests them.

Anyway, have you not looked in the Word Games forum recently? Most of the people who post there have post counts in the hundreds if not in the thousands... It seems like some people posting here don't understand that there aren't really people who just post in the Word Games forum. I would say, if anything, that a lot of people who post in Word Games just want to post somewhere, but can't find other threads in other forums that interest them.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Blog Entries

Che: Maybe I missed it, but did Block specify at all what he thought should be done with the General Gaming, Music, Movies, etc. forums? If we put all of that stuff in GC, what goes into those forums? Is he (or are you) suggesting that we abolish those forums entirely or are you guys suggesting we somehow demarcate topics? How would we do the latter? What makes a post General Gaming worthy as opposed to GC worthy?
    Block is saying those forums shouldn't exist. All the topics from those should go into General Chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocked from TFF says (4:44 PM)
    i understand having sections for the specific FF games, for RPing, for Journals, for Clubs, but everything else is the shit I would like to be able to talk about Generally, and I don't think I should have to open 15 tabs to do it.

Lady Succubus Let's Be Civilized Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have the perfect counter argument for Block.

Why should the forums exist?

Because otherwise, everything is going to be extremely cluttered and unprofessional. With separate forums for every topic of interest, it makes things look neat and tidy. You may not notice, but TFF is kind of a "professional" forum.

I don't really see a reason to merge everything into General Chat. Sure, it may make it more "active", but that's just an illusion because everything has been absorbed into a single forum.

It doesn't bring more actual activity. It just...absorbs the existing activity from the other places, and puts it all into a big pot.

That's not what we want. We want genuine more activity. Not artificial.

Face it boys, we're not going to do what you want. (Since, you know, as a reminder... the final say is with the staff. So I don't know why you all are arguing so many different ideas to improve the forum as if you have some stroke.)

At most, we'll probably implement Loaf/Merlin's Option 3, aka "Spamalot."

And also, as far as all these ideas go, they aren't to improve the forum at all. All they're going to do is just change how it looks. The look and feel.

Plus it'd be tons more work for the gen chat mods to look over tons more threads than they already have to.

TFF's Temptress, over and out.
    xoxoxox

PS: If you really want to try and help change the forum, do you see those two project forums at the very top? The ones that are neglected more or less? Yeah, the purpose for those is to bring about a new change to the forum, whether aesthetically or practically.

If you're actually 100% serious in wanting to help improve the forum in some way, by all means, sign up. But this isn't just for your own benefit of what you want to see, this encompasses the whole community. So keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Victoria; 05-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria View Post
    I have the perfect counter argument for Block.

Why should the forums exist?

Because otherwise, everything is going to be extremely cluttered and unprofessional. With separate forums for every topic of interest, it makes things look neat and tidy. You may not notice, but TFF is kind of a "professional" forum.

I don't really see a reason to merge everything into General Chat. Sure, it may make it more "active", but that's just an illusion because everything has been absorbed into a single forum.

It doesn't bring more actual activity. It just...absorbs the existing activity from the other places, and puts it all into a big pot.

That's not what we want. We want genuine more activity. Not artificial.
    Sure you're correct. It would look more active, not be more active. But who knows, maybe looking more active would bring more activity? Maybe, maybe not.

Face it boys, we're not going to do what you want. (Since, you know, as a reminder... the final say is with the staff. So I don't know why you all are arguing so many different ideas to improve the forum as if you have some stroke.)
    Okay, we've covered this. Of course the staff has the final say. But if you aren't going to listen to your members and just do what you want, have a good time trying to bring in new members. That's what a few of us, especially me, have been saying all along. Some of us are arguing "so many different ideas to improve the forum as if we have some stroke" because we want good for the forum as well as the staff does.

At most, we'll probably implement Loaf/Merlin's Option 3, aka "Spamalot."

And also, as far as all these ideas go, they aren't to improve the forum at all. All they're going to do is just change how it looks. The look and feel.

Plus it'd be tons more work for the gen chat mods to look over tons more threads than they already have to.
    At most, anything to change the current TFF would be a step in the right direction. And as for you thinking it won't change anything: changing the look and feel can change things too. You can't just predict everything. Who's to say when you make the option 3 change that you won't get 12 new active members? Do you ever think someone comes to the forums and goes "hmm, I don't really like how that's set up. That's worse than my forum. Why would I post here?" Then someone comes along after the change and they don't have that thought, they sign up and start posting because they like it.

TFF's Temptress, over and out.
    xoxoxox
    Not very tempting for a self-proclaimed temptress. You kind of just come off as TFF's jackass.

PS: If you really want to try and help change the forum, do you see those two project forums at the very top? The ones that are neglected more or less? Yeah, the purpose for those is to bring about a new change to the forum, whether aesthetically or practically.

If you're actually 100% serious in wanting to help improve the forum in some way, by all means, sign up. But this isn't just for your own benefit of what you want to see, this encompasses the whole community. So keep that in mind.
    There are other ways to change a forum, provided the staff listens to it's members. It seems you specifically at least don't really want to, after reading this post. You're pretty solid on the current TFF, but at the same you say you want more activity. How are you helping the forums?

Magically Delicous Let's Be Civilized Merlin's Avatar

Let's face it, we've reshuffled the forums a multitude of times to no avail. We've pretty much covered all the bases on ways to tweak them to boost activity. What we need isn't restructured forums. What we need a giant pep rally. ^_^
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-27-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Chad there is no reason to insult people in this thread, it is supposed to be a civilized conversation. You have done this more then once in this thread.

Heres an idea, why not try to come up with something that EVERYONE would be happy with. So far Merlin / Loafs option seems like the more logical option and everyone seems to be somewhat happy with it. Then a group of memebers get together and make something to present to the staff to aid (like a professional proposal) in their decision.

This way the members also get their say in. Over all it is the staffs decision but the forum to me does have a say so if their argument is logically thought out and presented in a manner that is well suited for the occasion.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 05-27-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries

when does sarcasm = trolling? I got warned for being sarcastic earlier, and now chad can't even give a dumb answer to a dumb question without being accused of trolling lol. I think people here are so defensive and self-absorbed that no wonder no one wants to be a member here. If we truely want more members, then all of us need to do some self reflection and turn it all down a notch. And I truely mean ALL of us. (self included )

Anyways, I'm a big fan of this post in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin
    My point, however, is that you don't need to nix word games to make general chat more general. You can still keep a separate forum for all the elimination threads and those like them, while still allowing "word games that require some thought" to exist within the more laid back confines of GC.

I don't see why that can't be done. You may have to rename word games to get the point across about what belongs in it, but there no reason to eliminate it entirely.
    Though I'm not big on the h/wg and would much rather see it obliterated into the abyss forever, I would like to say that this is a pretty fair compromise for what I would like to have changed. I feel like people are resisting the change and the removal of word games, but being able to be more "humorous" in GC is what seems to be restraining some of our members. If this was the case, then the wg kids could keep their part of the forums and the GC kids could have extended freedom in theirs. I think this would make the general population of tff happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize
    First, we can have word games that require some thought. I've seen some of these threads in the word games forum before, but usually they fade out after a while. The word games that require thought just aren't as popular as the other ones. Putting them in General Chat instead of Word Games won't change the fact that they aren't popular. We can have humor there too, but unfortunately no one really posts any either.
    This is what has me leaning more towards supporting the keeping of the hwg. Changing the place of the WGs probably won't do a lot in activity for GC, however, I am for bringing the "humor" part to General Chat. I don't really see much of a difference between the rules of a "humorous" thread and a "general" thread, so why not combine the two? The only catch is that now all of the humorous stuff can't be spammy and one word posts anymore because GC is SRS BIZ, but that won't be a big deal for the vast majority of members. Also, this will go back to support Pete's and Chad's point in getting rid of the whole "HWG n00bie" stigma and will help the community bond and get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize
    Anyway, have you not looked in the Word Games forum recently? Most of the people who post there have post counts in the hundreds if not in the thousands... It seems like some people posting here don't understand that there aren't really people who just post in the Word Games forum. I would say, if anything, that a lot of people who post in Word Games just want to post somewhere, but can't find other threads in other forums that interest them.
    I don't know how much truth that statement is anymore to be honest. A couple nights ago whoever was going through pruning the old H/WG threads, the mod ended up sending a lot of them to the cleft rather than deleting them. That's why people like Unknown Entity and Meier Link have more posts than me, its because their postcount jumped by the thousands; it's not because they have contributed more to other forums, it is because their posts in H/WG ended up counting. I'm sure there are others that it happened to as well, so your statement may or may not be true.

@Victoria's post, I'm not sure what you mean by "professional" forum lol, but ok. The thing is, what people have been preaching all along is that merging certain forums together that already go hand-in-hand not only makes things clearer and easier for the members to understand, but it also will help the forum appear "busy" which brings people into posting in it. We've merged forums together before, the FF1 and the FF2 forums, and it helped make the FF series of forums look more "organized" in a way since FF2 at that time had about maybe 10 active threads at the time compared to FF10s 200+ active threads. I think the merging of the threads would also organize GC a bit better, and some of the GC threads can be misinterpreted for HWG threads and vice versa, so it only makes sense to at least remodel these two forums. Also,

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria

Like I stated before, some parts of the forum (like HWG/GC for example) have grey areas where threads can be put either/or. The only thing that imo separates the two is the execution of the thread. Take a reference to Chad's thread if you do not see what I mean. If I wanted to make a spammy "lol college sux pen0r dont go", then HWG is the way to go. If I changed my grammar a bit and added in a paragraph, then I could put my thread in GC. If I spent an hour on MS Word making points defending my view on College, referenced a few sources online and encouraged to hear others' thoughts, then it could go into ID, rite? Theres no real difference to the general message of my thread, other than I put some thought into it. The thing is, why do I have to put "thought" into what is supposed to be a "general chat"? It's says I can discuss anything I want in the forum title lol. If I want to throw a bit of humor into my thread or other peoples, that shouldn't automatically disqualify my thread from getting a green card and kick it back over to the H/WG forum borders. AND, to your second point, didn't you just get another Gen Chat moderator? General Chat is going to have a lot of varied topics; it only makes sense to put more than one or two mods there. Didn't you just get another mod in there anyways? And if you say "no thats not enough", then get another one or give another mod extra privledges to the Gen Chat thread? That to me just sounds like a copout.

And to Meier's last statement: I'd hope that the members got the say on what changes should be made. Without the members, a forum is nothing.
    Last edited by Rocky; 05-27-2010 at 06:51 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Lady Succubus Let's Be Civilized Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I mean by 'Professional', I just mean not 4-chan or any forum like that.

Go with me, Exkaizer~ Let's Be Civilized Treize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I don't know how much truth that statement is anymore to be honest. A couple nights ago whoever was going through pruning the old H/WG threads, the mod ended up sending a lot of them to the cleft rather than deleting them. That's why people like Unknown Entity and Meier Link have more posts than me, its because their postcount jumped by the thousands; it's not because they have contributed more to other forums, it is because their posts in H/WG ended up counting. I'm sure there are others that it happened to as well, so your statement may or may not be true.
    I was glancing around on May 24. I didn't think that the post counts were changed that early, but I could be wrong. The post counts were not ridiculously high either. They seemed normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    @Victoria's post, I'm not sure what you mean by "professional" forum lol, but ok. The thing is, what people have been preaching all along is that merging certain forums together that already go hand-in-hand not only makes things clearer and easier for the members to understand, but it also will help the forum appear "busy" which brings people into posting in it. We've merged forums together before, the FF1 and the FF2 forums, and it helped make the FF series of forums look more "organized" in a way since FF2 at that time had about maybe 10 active threads at the time compared to FF10s 200+ active threads. I think the merging of the threads would also organize GC a bit better, and some of the GC threads can be misinterpreted for HWG threads and vice versa, so it only makes sense to at least remodel these two forums. Also,
    I think all of the forums we have that you would suggest merging have enough threads/posts to warrant their existence. Intellectual Discussion would probably make the most sense to merge, but I personally prefer having it. At least there you can have an intelligent debate without having other members posting one line responses that pretty much detract from the thread and serious posts from other members.

It is good to have the HWG, GC, and ID forums. It gives members who are thinking about posting there an indicator of what to expect. The threads have different audiences. I know that if I posted a serious question in ID, I wouldn't want "someone who only posts one liners in HWG" to post some one line garbage in my thread. Similarly, I wouldn't want to read an essay in a word games thread. It is good to have some limitations on what people can and cannot post. It makes forum posting more enjoyable for the rest of the community in my opinion.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

didn't you just get another Gen Chat moderator? General Chat is going to have a lot of varied topics; it only makes sense to put more than one or two mods there. Didn't you just get another mod in there anyways? And if you say "no thats not enough", then get another one or give another mod extra privledges to the Gen Chat thread? That to me just sounds like a copout.
    What Sheena means is that it is completely unnecessary to merge Music or Television to the General Discussion. Keeping them separated makes things organized. We like organized. We're going to keep it that way, too. If anything, getting rid of MORE forums would make this place look even more boring and less appealing.

The thing is, why do I have to put "thought" into what is supposed to be a "general chat"?
    Because there's Intellect Discussion, General Chat, and HW/G forums. Intellect is for debates, GC is for regular conversations, and HW/G is for thoughtless threads.

The thing is, what people have been preaching all along is that merging certain forums together that already go hand-in-hand not only makes things clearer and easier for the members to understand, but it also will help the forum appear "busy" which brings people into posting in it.
    What about the forum right now is so hard to understand? I've never once had a problem figuring things out around here.

I think the merging of the threads would also organize GC a bit better, and some of the GC threads can be misinterpreted for HWG threads and vice versa, so it only makes sense to at least remodel these two forums.
    When I joined TFF, it looked perfectly fine to me. It's already organized enough as it is. If you think TFF is unorganized, take a good look at --link removed

It just sounds to me like someone's grasping at straws.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-27-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Blog Entries

When I joined TFF, it looked perfectly fine to me. It's already organized enough as it is. If you think TFF is unorganized, take a good look at this place: --link removed --

It just sounds to me like someone's grasping at straws.
    What was the point of linking that website? It looks exactly like TFF's layout. So specific and shit on where to post. Maybe that's why it looks unorganized to you.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-27-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: link has a possible virus

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    What was the point of linking that website? It looks exactly like TFF's layout. So specific and shit on where to post. Maybe that's why it looks unorganized to you.
    It looks nothing like our site. Did you not scroll all the way to the bottom of their page where a shitload of archives are exposed? How about all the sub categories? The second I went to that place, my browser froze. It's completely unorganized in comparison to TFF. You have to be more observant.

EDIT: Not to mention the big fat chat window they got on their front page when you're logged in.
    Last edited by Violet; 05-27-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Magically Delicous Let's Be Civilized Merlin's Avatar

The second I went to that place, my browser froze.
    That's because it has a possible virus embedded in it. My AV went nuts the moment I clicked it. At the minimum, they are using an ad system that is known for spreading viruses, therefore I removed your link.
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-27-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Bass Player Extraordinaire Let's Be Civilized Joe's Avatar

It looks nothing like our site. Did you not scroll all the way to the bottom of their page where a shitload of archives are exposed? How about all the sub categories? The second I went to that place, my browser froze. It's completely unorganized in comparison to TFF. You have to be more observant.

Edit: Not to mention that big ass chat window on the front page.
    I think that your browser froze because of the shoutbox. There might've been something else running scripts on the site, but near as I can tell the shoutbox is what did it. Mine froze too, til I turned on noscript.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

Lol, I edited the link out before Chad posted, but he posts too quick =P. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Violet; 05-27-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast