Thread: Jamie Oliver vs McDonalds

Boxer of the Galaxy Jamie Oliver vs McDonalds Rowan's Avatar

Jamie Oliver vs McDonalds

Read the full story here

I have come to the conclusion that jamie Oliver is indeed one selfless chap with the right attitude. He takes on one of (if not the biggest) fast food chain in the world and comes out on top. Imagine the amount of money spent on battling what has said to be a "long fought" battle. But for what gain? So that McDonalds wont use ammonia in the process of manufacturing their meat patties? Perhaps Jamie really cares about the world and where its headed in terms of our current healthy and obesity crisis (blaming fast food chains instead of people, hmmm), or perhaps just wanted to raise his public profile? Either way, this must have cost him a tremendous amount of money.

so I am asking the question to you all, what does Jamie Oliver stand to gain from this? Also, what does this really mean for McDonalds?

I invented Go-Gurt. Jamie Oliver vs McDonalds Clint's Avatar
    I'm not sure if he actually got anything out of this, other than getting McDonald's to change their recipe slightly. He's right, though. McDonald's food is disgusting as it is, but the way it was being process presents it as even more unhealthy as it would normally be. If McDonald's meat was really being washed in ammonium hydroxide, I don't know how they got away with serving it to people in the first place. Ammonium hydroxide can be toxic if consumed. It isn't supposed to be anywhere near food.

If a restaurant is going to serve food without considering the health and well-being of it's customers, then that restaurant doesn't deserve to be in business. McDonald's food is proven to make people sick, so perhaps now, it'll make people less sick. Though I still wouldn't recommend anybody eating McDonald's food. It's still the worst thing in the world that you can eat.

Hopefully this means that McDonald's will be more careful of what they're having their customers consume, though I honestly hope this leads to the McDonald's corporation announcing that they're going out of business. That would suck for the people who would lose their jobs, but it would be great for people who like food.

I've never really liked Oliver since he took over the Daily Show for awhile when Stewart was gone and now he has his own show? I don't know what to think about this.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games