Thread: How did your parents meet?

Chief Inspiring Officer How did your parents meet? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How did your parents meet?

Hello again, it's great to be making a thread again! no applause, please.

So, I've been hanging out with my mom an awful lot lately. Since my dad died, she has remained single, which I've discovered, she intends to do for the remainder of her life, I've caught her humming Pearl Jam's Last Kiss multiple times. I guess she's going to wait until she sees him again in the afterlife. Yes, he was THAT awesome of a guy.
    This startling realization begged the question: "Just how did you two meet?"
    "Well," she said simply, "In a grocery market."
    She was immediately distracted after that by some 'other' sibling of mine, but I intend to bring up the subject again in order to wrench the whole story from her.

So, while I'm cajoling her to spill it, I'm sure you all could entertain me with a few love stories?

How did your parents meet?

Honest answers here, please, the sappier the better!
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Diablo How did your parents meet? MechromancerFTW's Avatar
    I could most likely make something up but that wouldn't be any fun, I'm not sure how they met I never asked.

Blog Entries
    I believe they either met while going to the local community college, or they met while working at the local university. Don't really know all the details, but my dad had been married and divorced by that time already, and moved out to Oregon where some siblings already lived. Or did they live out here when they were still married, and she moved away? I dunno.

Bananarama How did your parents meet? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mine met down at the bungalows around beach 107/ 108 street, at good ole Rockaway beach in Queens. My mom and her friends rented one, as did my dad and his friends. One day, amidst many a beer, I'm sure, they met and clicked.

My dad died a few years back and we spread his ashes down at beach 108. It was pretty fitting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. How did your parents meet? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My dad was racing sprint cars and he and my mom had mutual friends...

He was actually trying to talk to one of her friends and stuck his head in the passenger side window where my mom was sitting to talk to her when he saw my mom's legs (and then my mom).. And he was like "WOAH WHAT'S THAT". Apparently she was wearing some kinda short skirt or shorts or something.

He got my mom's number and kept calling her to ask her out on a date. My mom kept shooting him down. Then the last time he called her, he decided that if she said no, he was just gonna give up on it.. Well, my mom decided to take him up on the offer of a date, but she was just gonna act stupid the whole time to try and turn him off... It didn't work.

He says my mom was a "Race Track Dolly" (she wore short skirts, dresses, and shorts to the track all the time).. lol

They only dated for 6 or 7 months before they got married and not very long after that, my mom got preggo with my sister.

My dad's like your mom.. My mom was the absolute love of his life and he'll never move on from her- nor does he want to. I've caught him sleeping with her ashes once so far.

My parents didn't meet right away, actually. My dad put an ad in the newspaper (you know, the "find the love of your life" pages in local newspapers) and my mom replied. I guess if they'd been born a few decades later, they would've met on the internet.
    I once sneaked into the first letter my mom wrote to my dad - it was more like a dry introduction to her person, not a lively "Heeeey I read your notice, I'd like to meet you" as I would've imagined. Oh and I should mention that my dad was 18 back then and my mom was 16. I always thought only 25+ year olds put ads in the newspaper
    I guess they wrote a few letters back and forth and then they finally met. I just know where exactly they met (a spot in the city I now live in), but I don't know what happened when they first met. Guess they just drank a coffee or two. My parents really sound boring, even to myself. xD I never seem to have any fancy stories to tell.
    Last edited by Freya; 01-20-2014 at 06:32 AM. Reason: killing mistakes

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

I think my mom and dad met at a club like place? Iunno, the 80's.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    It's taking a while to get the details and I'm beginning to get suspicious, I mean she's told me every other story, the births of ALL of my siblings including myself, it's kind of weird that she hasn't spilled these particular beans. I recently learned that she did drugs and dropped out of high school, but just how she managed to meet a young doctor with an engineering degree and later the awesomest stay-at-home father on planet earth is quite the mystery. Opening conversation is pretty difficult because she's always distracted. "Go pick up that chicken wire-shake out that boot, etc..." She's more of a 'here and now' person.
    But I'm not going to give up. Dudes, this isn't right. I feel guilty not knowing how they met. Everyone should know this stuff right?

My mother told me she had met my dad through a mutual friend's wedding. She turned him down at first yet my dad was persistent so they were friends for a good while before my mother realised she loved him very much. Pretty cliche but it happens

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think they met through mutual friends, from what I remember. My mum's best friend's brother worked with him, I think. My dad is a butcher, and I think Robert (the brother) met him through that. My mum and Sandy (her best friend) would hang out, and I guess they met a few times. I don't know many of the details from there. Not too sure if it's really relevant now, as they're no longer together and have both moved on.

God knows why. The smell of butcher shops are horrible. When he comes to visit now and then, it's all you can smell on his clothes. He doesn't wear the same clothes, understand, but it's a smell that latches on to you.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    How did your parents meet? Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think my parents met at the workplace shortly after graduating high school. They both skipped college---which is fortunate for me. I don't think I would exist if one of them decided to pursue higher education.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Bananarama How did your parents meet? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    O neither of my parents attended college, but then again, it wasn't necessary at their age (dad born 47, mom born 52, me in 86!).

My dad was actually baller status at a sugar warehouse (Revere in Brooklyn, circa 85) and my mom sold advertising to magazines since forever. Thanks to Reagan and his screwing over of American sugar refineries, my dad had to take on a new job, and he became an exterminator, which he did pretty much until he died.

The sad thing is that in 10 years, it'll be "oh your parents don't have their masters?" instead of the "oh your parents didnt go to college?" that I was asked
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Well, it's taken me quite a while, and I had to arrange a 'convenient' appointment in order to trap her into a lengthy car ride (which is the ONLY time she can't boss people into their graves) but I have finally attained the full story. Read on:

Me, over the keening G-forces (my brother Abel is driving): "How did you MEET dad, anyway?" that sounded obnoxious even to me...
    Ma: "Oh, it was near a pool."
    Me: *picturing an Ewok in a bathing suit*
    Abel: "No it wasn't. She's kidding."
    Ma: "Oh, alright then, let me see..."

So, my mom was attending a Yoga class (which is funny to imagine cuz she resembles an Ewok from Star Wars...) and finds that she can't do a lot of the more difficult poses. So she tells the instructor that she has to quit.

Instructor: "No! First you should see a chiropractor."
    Young Mom: "I'm too young to see a chiropractor. That's for old people."
    Instructor: "No, this is a SPECIAL chiropractor! He was a Tibetan MONK! His aura is so strong that he has the ability to read minds!"

So mom is pretty freaked out, but a little intrigued at this point. Finally she decides to make an appointment with this 'mind-reader-monk' and calls his office. He answers his own phone in a thick accent and tersely arranges a time for her to show up.
    His office was located in southern Minneapolis, in a much swankier neighborhood than mom was used to, just past an establishment called "The Peacock Bra Bar". She finally found the place and proceeded into the front office. There was no receptionist.
    Finally dad comes in, with his super serious, sympathetic face we all know so well, and, stopping dead in his tracks, immediately snatches her hands and starts turning them over as if he's never seen the like of them before. (they are quite small, the span measuring less than five inches) she tells him her Yoga instructor referred her, and he nods knowingly (it is later discovered that he hated this man's guts and they would eventually become mortal enemies).
    The treatment session over with, he tells her he needs a ride to pick up his Beamer from the shop, he has just had a FuzzBuster installed (A police radar detector device...which... every doctor should have...?). Entranced by his aura, and wondering if he does indeed have mystical powers, she meekly agrees to do that for him. Afterwards, he offers her a job as his receptionist. "I can't pay you much, but you'll learn a lot about people."
    Later, while he was emphatically showing her how to use a state-of-the-art typewriter in his office which she knew more about than he did, she finally plucked up the nerve to ask him:

Soon to be Mom: "If you know someone is reading your mind, what can you do to stop them?"
    Soon to be Dad nods gravely: "Oh, yes, THAT problem. Very serious. but the solution is simple. Just think the opposite of whatever you are thinking."

That pretty much broke the ice and she warmed up to him pretty well afterwards. She equated their attraction for each other to a tractor beam. They then moved to California and had a batch of kids.

And that's the story