Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

Blog Entries
    Do the berries taste like burning, Pete?

Bananarama ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No, but the doctor said I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my nose out of there
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

#LOCKE4GOD ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things.

Chief Inspiring Officer ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ugh... I've just come off season 1 of 'Stargate: SG-1'...
    I must devise some revenge on my little brother for buying that DVD and forcing me to watch that garbage by saying that Hugh Jackman makes an appearance!!! He lied, btw. He's not in it - I had to suffer through the Broca Divide episode...

ROooOaaAAARrr!!! Okay, it wasn't ALL garbage, but sitting there expecting someone to show up is NOT fun.

Does anyone know any really awful tv shows I could make him watch?
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Consistently Average ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are lots of bad sitcoms out there, but I guess it all depends on your comedic tastes... and if they're on dvd. I really don't like 2 Broke Girls but apparently it has quite a following.

You could always get a bunch of bad movies from a genre he doesn't like and force him to watch them one after the other. Maybe one for every episode you had to sit through
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    You don't watch 2 Broke Girls for the story or even the humor. It's all about glorious Kat Dennings.

And on that note, I'm shot.

Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    Make him watch Tom Goes to the Mayor, 12 Oz Mouse, Squidbillies, or *insert random Adult Swim Original here that isn't Venture Bros, Metalocalypse, etc*

Chief Inspiring Officer ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No way, there's a chance he might enjoy those. (okay, that was mean of me)

I'm thinking 'Battlefield earth'.

Blog Entries
    Make him watch Pretty Little Liars or Girls. Both horrible shows haha
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Blog Entries
    Ugh. I just googled those. I think that'll work, thanks Pete. *wheeze*

Diablo ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) MechromancerFTW's Avatar
    I haven't been able too sleep for five days now I blame FF XIII

Consistently Average ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MechromancerFTW View Post
    I haven't been able too sleep for five days now I blame FF XIII
    Damn them

Went on a shopping splurge today and bought three new games: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion anniversary edition (Woo!), Dragon Age Origins (Yay!), and Tekken 6 for the ps3 (neat.) I managed to trade in that rubbish Regular Show 3DS game and got $23 off the whole purchase. It's funny because if I got Skyrim Legendary Edition, which is what I've been looking for, it would have cost more than those three games combined.

Oh and I also bought A Song of Fire and Ice: A Clash of Kings, which I can't wait to get stuck into (i'll have to find the time ) I was given A Game of Thrones for my birthday and it took a bit under two weeks to finish. The last book in the series has over 1100 pages, so I can't wait to get stuck into that one either. Also eyeing up the tv series but the books are cheaper for now.

There, that's my big post for the month.
    Last edited by Kurt Zisa; 02-07-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Blog Entries
    Drew something today to describe how I feel quite frequently at work:
    SPOILER!!:

As far as gaming goes, I'm at the end of Diablo 3 now. Oblivion and Dragon Age: Origins are great games, btw.

Blog Entries
    For Valentine's Day, I went to lunch with the dude in our office who is deploying (we all did, because it was his going away lunch.) He was like "Remember, on Valentine's day, you all came to lunch with ME." We went to this Mexican restaurant, and they had traditional Mexican music playing or whatever, and this other dude told him, "Whenever you hear this song, think of now." As if he'd recognize the song if he ever heard it again. I don't know if that's quite a funny explained in text, but it was funny at the time.

I also was trying to PCS to Nowheresville, North Dakota, because I want to get out of here.

Blog Entries
    Okay, so now I've been officially voted as "the most likely member of the family to go evil and stab everyone in the back."

I know it's true, I HAVE been sneaking up on people just to watch their shocked reactions, but DUDE, that's so insulting!!! Stop saying things that make people lose heart!

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I made it to NYC...

Im still in major shock. heh.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanista View Post
    Okay, so now I've been officially voted as "the most likely member of the family to go evil and stab everyone in the back."

I know it's true, I HAVE been sneaking up on people just to watch their shocked reactions, but DUDE, that's so insulting!!! Stop saying things that make people lose heart!
    Welcome to the club! It's a good club. Quiet, convenient. No membership fees.

Like you, I am the black sheep of my family that everyone believes is teetering on the brink of good and evil. No one ever knows what Incognitus is scheming behind those bespectacled eyes of his. Like most megalomaniacs, Incognitus often speaks in the third person around his family. The truth is, I just like sitting on the fence between my yard and my neighbor's yard. I don't teeter or totter---it is the zen life of the ninja. Balance in all things.

Besides---who is to say I will go to the dark side of the fence? Sure... I may have assassin skills! Maybe. But I wouldn't use them!* Why? I'm far too lazy.

I say own up to it. Play into it. Don't get all stabby, obviously. Prove to them how wrong they are. It sounds like you possess some ninja skills. Sneak up behind them. When they turn around in shock, proudly say to them, "If I were really an evil stabby person, you would be dead right now. Instead, here you are. You're alive and we are having this conversation. Logically, what does this tell you about my character?"

*unless in the event of a zombie apocalypse
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    I made it to NYC...

Im still in major shock. heh.
    Oh really? Is it as shiny as the stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Incognitus View Post
    Welcome to the club! It's a good club. Quiet, convenient. No membership fees.

Like you, I am the black sheep of my family that everyone believes is teetering on the brink of good and evil. No one ever knows what Incognitus is scheming behind those bespectacled eyes of his. Like most megalomaniacs, Incognitus often speaks in the third person around his family. The truth is, I just like sitting on the fence between my yard and my neighbor's yard. I don't teeter or totter---it is the zen life of the ninja. Balance in all things.

Besides---who is to say I will go to the dark side of the fence? Sure... I may have assassin skills! Maybe. But I wouldn't use them!* Why? I'm far too lazy.

I say own up to it. Play into it. Don't get all stabby, obviously. Prove to them how wrong they are. It sounds like you possess some ninja skills. Sneak up behind them. When they turn around in shock, proudly say to them, "If I were really an evil stabby person, you would be dead right now. Instead, here you are. You're alive and we are having this conversation. Logically, what does this tell you about my character?"

*unless in the event of a zombie apocalypse
    You're right, given the alternative... change myself?

Must I stomp around, alter my soft-foot style to a footslogger just to gain their trust? Isn't that what a true villain would do in order to lure them into complacency before pusillanimously sneaking up and exacting revenge for being called a back-stabber, thereby realizing a self-fulfilled prophecy?

I guess so, but this is still insulting. I have nothing but the best intentions towards my minion-brothers.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I havent even been outside of Queens yet cuz of the weather! We took the train to go to the AT&T store to upgrade my phone and add my dad to our plan/get him a phone..

And then we've walked to go have dinner, walked to get a few groceries and then yesterday & today we went to the mall. This area isnt all glam and stuff like in movies.. It's nice though.. I dig it. Within 1/2 a block in any direction, there's Mexican, Filipino, Italian, and a ton of other types of restaurants. Lol

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29