Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Talents

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Hidden Talents noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hidden Talents

I know you all have them. lulz./.. What are they? If you be brave enough, post examples.

Me:

I can whistle with my tongue. As in, I can roll it and blow air, and make sweet, sweet music. (Not so much anymore, but I can still do it)

I also am very good at playing "Cosmo Canyon" and "Sending a Dream Into The Universe" from 7 and that flute song from the Sailor Moon Movie "Black Dream Hole" on the recorder.

And I can cross 1 eye whilst keeping the other straight.

~ AUTO-MERGED POSTS ~

Oh. And My Shakira voice. I can sing the shit outta Hips Don't Lie, but I hate doing it. I forgot I could. and then I did it one night for Cherie and Aaron and they nearly peed their pants laughing about how much I sounded like her. Then Jay heard it. And he tries to make me, but I won't. I'm too shy.

Certified tech, come at me! Hidden Talents SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can fold my tongue and have it stick there, I can roll my Rs, I also have the talent of ending up in odd situations and working my way out of them most of the time.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    ;p Drama follows me.

I can roll R's too... Part of Speaking Spanish. hehe. I'm trying to show Parker, but she can't do it.

Certified tech, come at me! Hidden Talents SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When I say odd situations, I meant interesting/fun situations, no drama there
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    OH. lol.. Right on then, mate!

The Mad God Hidden Talents Heartless Angel's Avatar
    I can recite the alphabet backwards just as easily as forwards without really thinking about it. I'm a white native english speaker, and I've always rolled my R's. I can eat outrageously hot food that nobody else I know can tolerate And I love it. I can balance nuclear equations in my head. I can do a lot of complex math problems mentally by being able to break them into smaller simple problems, and remembering all the information I'm juggling well enough to put it back together at the end. There's probably a ton of other crap, but nothing comes to mind.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    I hate math. I'm not good at it. Never have been. Geometry I could do (I often made the classic "Angle Side Side" joke during class - at the Christian School I went to). I got Geometry after a spell... Algebra, hellllll to the no.

R-K H、有名な侍の戦争の神ソウル刈り取り手 Hidden Talents Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima's Avatar
    I live in your Mind, your Heart, and your Soul...There is no way in Hell you can ever escape from me! I'm everywhere...
    Blog Entries
    I can draw well, I have dance moves that people wish they knew how to do(I am mostly self taught and never had an actual dance lesson before, I just feel the music), I can learn quickly depending on what the subject is, I can also whistle some tunes that I make up or that I know of(I can whistle by heart the main part of the song "The legend comes to life" from the official soundtrack of Pokémon 2000, AKA "Pokémon the movie #2": The Legend Comes To Life from Pokemon 2000 - YouTube)
    Last edited by Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima; 05-07-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Sig. Banner made by: Victoria

Favourite Quote Of The Year: "武器ではなく、それを行使する手を恐れてください"(Fear Not The Weapon, But The Hand That Wields It)

Press This Button To View All My Stuff >>>:

Press This Button To View My TFF Family >>>:
    My Older Brother: The legendary Egyptian Pharaoh RamesesII, Whipping Slaves long before the Holy Lord was Born.

My Inspiring Older Brother: Meier Link, (Title Unknown)
    My Brother: Ralz
    My Brother: Fate
    My Sister: Kilala, The Glomp&Huggle Master
    My Interesting Sister: Andromeda, The TFF Goddess
    My Loveable Sister: Waterdragoon, The Water Dragoon
    My Blood Brother: Elyon Demidias, The Next Level Overlord
    My Lovely, Beautiful, and Awesome Big Sister: Dodie, Okami's Sister at Heart
    My Strong willed Big Sister: DragonHeart, The Dragon Collector
    The God Father: Dark Squall
    My Lethal and Shadowy, Yet Humerous and Random Younger Brother: Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    My Newest Buddy And Awesomest Big Brother: Black Waltz, The Shiznit(The Best)

Wanna be in My TFF Family, Just ask me.

Press this button to see which Fraternity I'm in >>>:

~Founder & Proud Member of the Arteo Warra Okhun Lataar Fraternity, Also Known as: A.W.O.L. Since 2009~
    A.W.O.L. FOR LIFE, YEAHYA!!!

^^^
    ______________________l l l______________________

/ Been Chilln' & Killin' it since 1992/

#LOCKE4GOD Hidden Talents Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When it's with me, you only need two minutes... because I'm so intense.

The only hidden talent I can think of is my flexibility. I can lie down on the ground with my back straight, and then place my knees next to my ears, on the ground. I can touch my forehead to the ground for a sustained period of time with the only other part of my body touching the ground being my feet. I'd provide pictures but I don't actually know what to type into Google. I've often said that if I had my life over, I'd have been a gymnast. I mean that; I love that I'm really flexible and have pretty reasonable core strength (ladies, line up for your two minutes). But if I had my life over again I'd also have studied computer science, econometrics, statistics and French at a tertiary level for a big ass degree.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-07-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Sir Prize Hidden Talents Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm handy at proofreading papers. I have a decent vocabulary. I have a bit of a green thumb. And lastly, I'm pretty good at bullet hell games.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I'm handy at proofreading papers. I have a decent vocabulary. I have a bit of a green thumb. And lastly, I'm pretty good at bullet hell games.

-Sin
    Feel free to murder me anytime on Black Ops. I think it's insanely funny that I suck so bad at it.

Blog Entries
    I am pretty fly at Black Ops... lol. But I don't want to steer you wrong. Actually, I can't hold a candle to most of my friends at First Person Shooters. Bullet Hell games are a little different. You play a protagonist, trying to dodge bullet attacks. Touhou is a bullet hell or a danmaku game. It's a tad geekier than CoD and company: Touhou 6 final boss <---Not me playing, btw

-Sin

Blog Entries
    roflmao .. made me think of this dude I worked with. He was like a total Black Barney Stinson ... He came into work 1 day yelling at me about the "Crawlies".. He was like "THESE LITTLE MFERS KILLED MY CRAWLIES!" And I was like "WTF is a Crawlie ... and WHY were you yelling at some 13 yr olds over -them-?"
    Last edited by noxious.sunshine; 05-07-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Lmao! But, it's good question. WTF actually is a Crawlie?

-Sin

Blog Entries
    Zombie Board *Nods Wisely*

Blog Entries
    Oh okay! Like Crawlies. Okay, thought for a minute you meant like the Creepy Crawlies I used to make when I was a kid. They had this machine that you put like die cast metal mold full of rubber into it and it melted and solidified into like the shape of a scorpion or spider.

Not to derail: I also can fold Origami, because I felt I should learn to after I bought Heavy Rain (<True story, it sounded less of a creepy serial killer thing to do in my head at the time)

Blog Entries
    Ahaha! I remember that toy! Alas, I was more into Gak and Eazy Bake Ovens.

Not a hidden talent really, but my cooking is pretty sweet. And I'm pretty stellar with animals in general. I can also out drink someone 3x my size. Not something I'm always proud of, but it's good for the stories later on. I'm small - 5'0" and stuff. It's very rare for me to get blacked-out drunk. Hasn't happened in a loooong time.

The Mad God Hidden Talents Heartless Angel's Avatar
    The video game subject made me think of another. I'm really good at killing things with melee in games in which melee is not the intended form of combat. I get at least half my kills in COD with a knife. Just because. Played the last two Resident Evils pretty much melee only. Melee'd my way through FFVII Dirge of Cerberus... Moral of the story, always bring knives to gunfights.
    Last edited by Heartless Angel; 05-08-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    And again, H.A. is flawless, perfecto. lmao

Blog Entries
    I have a friend who is crazy about those Touhou games, he made me play one of them. I wasn't terrible at it but...that was a lot of shit flying around the screen lol. I'm pretty sure I killed at least one boss though.

As for mine, let's see...

I'm pretty sure I'm half-jointed or something at my elbows, I can bend them in ways that make other people cringe. They can go backwards and out pretty far. It doesn't hurt or anything, just creeps the hell out of people, which amuses me enough that I still do it once in awhile.

I am the pied piper of cats. Seriously. I've yet to meet a cat that doesn't like me, including my grandmother's supposed psycho cat. I'll even attract strays, which is how I adopted my Chaos a long time ago, though in his case he pretty much adopted us instead.

It's not so much a talent as I was even nerdier as a kid than I am now, but I can identify almost any bird in my geographic region by sight and many by sound. I was really into birding as a child and all but memorized my bird guides. I still enjoy watching them of course, I'm just not nearly as invested in it these days. That doesn't stop me from having multiple field guides and a pair of Nikon binoculars, though.

I have a ridiculously good memory. To the point where if my coworkers need to buy something at my store later, they will ask me to remind them and give me the list because they know I'll remember it and remind them before we leave. I rarely need written lists but I do write stuff down anyway. And related to that, I can very easily come up with mnemonic devices to remember just about anything, despite the fact that I never use them myself. I've helped my coworkers study for a subject I haven't even taken just by flipping through their notes and making those mental shortcuts for them. It works, too.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Memento Rhapso Hidden Talents Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post

-Sin
    Are you me?

I rock the shit out of some bullet hell. I tried uploading a video of when I beat Touhou 9 on Lunatic, but the video corrupted so no one believes me. Aside from that, I rule with spelling, vocab and whantot, and my papers aren't too awful. Any other hidden talents are still hidden to me, I suppose.
    Last edited by Rhaps; 05-08-2013 at 07:40 PM.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Asking all the personal questions. Hidden Talents RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I can clean, I can cook, I know how to use and iron, pretty handy on a vacuum cleaner as well.
    I helped make four babies.
    I can hold a door open for someone, or let someone go through a doorway first which I find handy in a pinch.
    I give up my seat for the elderly and ladies with child.
    I let people merge into my lane in front of me.
    I'm pretty strong too, I can carry three people on me at one time and I am a shape shifter I can be a horse, car, plane, monster you name it.

And to top it all off I can give a friendly wave to the stop/go traffic controllers at road works, that would have to be my greatest hidden talent.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viral View Post
    Are you me?

I rock the shit out of some bullet hell. I tried uploading a video of when I beat the Touhou 9 on Lunatic, but the video corrupted so no one believes me. Aside from that, I rule with spelling, vocab and whantot, and my papers aren't too awful. Any other hidden talents are still hidden to me, I suppose.
    I believe you. Maybe the same part of the brain that makes us good at vocab and spelling makes us good at...kicking ass as Marisa? But then again, I'm not so good at nine and I've personally never got anywhere near beating something on Lunatic. I've played all of Touhou from 6 on up(matter of fact I have them on this labtop). But I did beat Imperishable Night on Hard, Subterranean Animism On Normal up to Satori without being hit, and lastly I beat Gundemonium Recollection on normal. Imperishable Night is probably my favorite. The Gundemonium series is nowhere near as fun as the Touhou series, if you didn't know, btw. Very little story, a LOT harder than Touhou and strange mechanics.

-Sin

Blog Entries
    Ooooh Oooh ooh! Spelling Bee Champ 4th grade! I can't stand bad grammar & retarded typing, in spite of my own (purposeful) usage of it from time to time.

Blog Entries
    For the longest time I had a dual major in Horticulture and English(cause it's like peanut butter and chocolate, right?). My English grammar teacher sent out a syllabus that was riddled with more grammar errors than I could probably find on any given post on this forum. At first, I was immediately suspicious. I thought it was some form of test. It turned out she was just a horrible person(and yes, you are a horrible person if you use a freaking semicolon in place of a comma. Sorry).

-Sin

Mystyrion
    I like to think of my self as a "Jack of all trades, master of none"
    I can pick up almost anything and do decently well at it, but I never progress to the level where its like a big thing.

One thing I've always had a knack for is seeing how things should be run. Every time I start a new job, I usually can pick out things right off the bat that are being done wrong and what could be done to get better productivity.

I'm quick at learning languages and I'm not a bad cook. I also have a talent for downloading alot of stuff. That takes talent. Well, not so anymore, but still.

Blog Entries
    Au Contraire... Those pesky .isos can be difficult for some.

I have a talent for procrastination. And slacking off. And sleeping. I'm a professional at those. Like right now, I should be cleaning, but I'm not.

I'll wait until the last second, then get it all done in like an hour.

EDIT:

I have a terrible memory (both short & long term - in fact, I've blocked out most of my childhood), but I (almost) never forget a name or a face.
    Last edited by noxious.sunshine; 05-29-2013 at 09:51 AM.

I draw quite well..I used to sketch anime characters, landscapes, animals etc all the time when I was in school..It comes naturally I dont need to practice but its not something im interested in telling ppl at least in person cause I just dnt care about it tbh but they are always (pleasantly) surprised..I took ballet, jazz dance lessons and gymnastics when I was a little girl. I dance really well I used to perform n dance on stage in nightclubs Mainly a mixture hip hop jazz funk just like this routine I LOVE dancing to me its better than sex..ok but it comes REALLLLY close. God it was SOOO fun!!!! Bonus I could get my friends in for free plus free drinks(I dont drink) too. Now I just dance around my apartment sometimes at the club if my friends can drag me away from my games on a friday n saturday night baha.

Blog Entries
    I have a cute face, am easy going and despite my young looks, I can get people to listen to and trust me. A lot of people ask me for music recommendations because I listen to a lot of different genres. I'm good at listening to and understand where people are coming from, I got dat empathy. I'm also good at learning quickly under high stress situations. I'm really good at certain sports and had to go to different schools to play on their teams back in school since I was from a small town (swimming, soccer and tennis). I'm pretty patient too, this comes from my job of working with special needs kids.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast