Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

G'day ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys! I have no idea what you're talking about! But I thought I'd stop by and participate! I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger on an SNES emulator. I really like this game! I've also been watching a show called Fringe, I really love it!

My driving lessons are going well! I've driven for a total 5 hours in my entire life and I must say, I think I'm doing pretty well considering haha.

I hope everyone is happy and stuff and that's all I got right now!

TFF's Resident Messenger ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chrono Trigger is a great game. But like most games I have played, I get to a boring or difficult part, and then stop playing it. I think it was a series of battles against a certain enemy that made me stop playing Chrono Trigger.

You know what I miss? I miss the box on the main forum page that says how many posts and threads were created since one's last visit. It was really convenient. My favorite memories about it was when I was having computer trouble and I could only go to the library once a week. Seeing that box with all the stats of what I missed during my time away was very comforting. As much as I want to embrace the new format, I still come back to that truly informative box and how it is no longer there.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Certified tech, come at me! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chrono Trigger is, hands down, the best turn-based system you can get from a Square RPG. Its got a unique set of characters with descriptive backgrounds, a LOT of time travel, deep storyline, great original musical score, and high replayability. If Square ever, ever made another chrono game in the series, they should take examples from CT and integrate it into the new entry and expand upon it. Don't fix what isn't broken square!
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    Chrono Trigger is, hands down, the best turn-based system you can get from a Square RPG. Its got a unique set of characters with descriptive backgrounds, a LOT of time travel, deep storyline, great original musical score, and high replayability. If Square ever, ever made another chrono game in the series, they should take examples from CT and integrate it into the new entry and expand upon it. Don't fix what isn't broken square!
    wut....

CT is atb not turn based.......
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Tallulah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    My driving lessons are going well! I've driven for a total 5 hours in my entire life and I must say, I think I'm doing pretty well considering haha.
    Glad they're going well. I put God knows how many hours I put into my driving. At least 18 months (2 years on and off, as I had to stop periodically on account of my job situation, and my bad leg) worth of lessons and six tests! I even had to re-take my theory test, as my certificate ran out before I could pass my practical.

It's funny how I picked up on the driving rather than Chrono Trigger. That's what comes of being away from video games for so long...
    "...For the stronger we our houses do build,
    The less chance we have of being killed." ~ William Topaz McGonagall (1830-1902)

Certified tech, come at me! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong in that Tallulah. @Rocky I could've sworn ATB was still a turn based system, I mean you still take turns with the enemy anyway right?
    Currently Playing:

G'day ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like driving, I just need a lot of practice! It makes me tired. I never thought I'd ever learn how, I was scared for so many years. But its not that bad at all!

Omg guys, I'm going to start swing dancing lessons with a friend of mine! It's going to be a lot of fun!! ^_^

Driving is easy. Do it with like minimal effort.

0 accidents
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Bananarama ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would kill for another Chrono game, but if they Jap it up to the point that the newer FF games are, I'd be so incredibly bummed. I would also kill for a remake of both Trigger and Cross, because despite what everyone says, Cross was an incredible game. Cross has some of the best and most moving music I've ever heard in a game, AND it had a great story, with a lot of deep elements...

I wanna play it now!

Oh and driving is easy. I used to drive an F350 for work, for about a year and a half straight. Only got into one accident, and that was because a guy blindsided me. The only other accidents I've been in were when I was rear ended in October and when I was a passenger. 10 years of driving, zero accidents that were my fault. I'm just that good
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

I had been driving for half a year when a kid ran across the street right in front of my car. That was the moment I knew my brakes were working perfectly well. And I didn't hit the kid, thank God. We just looked at each other, both in total shock, then went on (or drove on, in my case). I bet that kid never crossed the street without looking again. And I will certainly forever watch children who're near the street.

I had been driving for three years when a deer ran across the street right in front of my car. I didn't hit it, but since then I've been afraid to drive anywhere near forests in the dawn and in the dark. (It was about 2 am when it happened.)

I seem to be pretty unlucky when it comes to driving. ^^"
    I've got my license since about six years and already almost hit a child AND a deer. O_o
    Thank God I haven't got a car anymore, who knows what would happen in my sixth year. xD (Fortunately I don't need a car at the moment. I miss driving, but it was so f-ing expensive...)

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oh and driving is easy. I used to drive an F350 for work, for about a year and a half straight. Only got into one accident, and that was because a guy blindsided me. The only other accidents I've been in were when I was rear ended in October and when I was a passenger. 10 years of driving, zero accidents that were my fault. I'm just that good
    My dad has an F350. They're -awesome-.

He no longer drives it though 'cuz diesel is so flipping expensive (and he says truck driving is a -great- industry to get into. HAHA. Right.).

I got my license when I was 18. Would've gotten it at 16, but my sister didn't have custody of me yet and they changed the laws in TN the day after my bday. So I had to wait until I was 18 to get it.

I now drive a 5-Speed Ford Focus ZX3 hatchback. Or well. My mom does. Save on gas. And I got a DUI in '09 and haven't had the funds to get my license back.

I've never been in a car accident with someone else in the car with me. I've been in a total of... 3 that were my fault and resulted in the cops being called for a police report. Not bad for driving 10 years. lol

...... It's cold. I'm gonna die. So glad I'm off and my friend -isn't-.

I could really go for another Chrono game right now. I loved Trigger and I thought Cross was pretty awesome too. Trigger was the first RPG that got me into the RPG genre in the first place.

And driving makes me sleepy for some reason. But yeah, just be a defensive driver and you should be fine.

Doing the Chain Chomp Stomp at the GS Forums!

Blog Entries
    Another Chrono game would be great.... if it were made by the Square from 12 years ago.

Also I've had two accidents that were both my fault. I am not necessarily the best driver... Although I have managed to not hit both a deer and a child that were suddenly in my way. Damn kid just rides right in front of me on her bicycle. I'm like "Way to go kid!!" And she's got this big grin on her face. The deer like sat there right in front of me. I came to a complete stop. Then I honked my horn. It startled and then ran away.

TFF's Resident Messenger ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I choose not to drive. I had a lesson when I was a teenager, and my parents never offered to give a second lesson. I didn't want the first one, so I was glad that a second never came about. But I do know how to steer a vehicle and apply the brakes if it is chained to a vehicle in front of it. Dad and my brother would sometimes have me steer if a car broke down down somewhere and would have to be hauled home. Other than that, I stick to my bike.

As for accidents, I nearly flipped Mom's Ford Bronco during the first driving lesson. I went down into a ditch. And just recently, I was hit by a car while riding my bike. I was delivering newspapers and someone didn't stop at the STOP sign on this intersection I was on. The person worked at the doctor's office on the street I was on, and was running late. She didn't stop, and hit me. It was more of a brushing up against me because I was able to react in time to avoid a full-on hit. But still...

Anyway, that person got in big trouble later on. She nearly lost her job as well. Imagine, a nurse hits a person several yards from a health care business. It doesn't look too good for the reputation of the business. I mean, would you want to have someone who can't pay enough attention to the road to take care of you? Who knows what she also doesn't pay attention to.

I have almost hit several dogs. They chase and then run right in front of my front tire. I have good brakes, though. There are some I wouldn't mind hitting if it actually happens, because I have no pity for a dog that is trying to bite me. I have been bitten once in my 6.5 years as a carrier. The owner was fined almost $200 because of it.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    I think driving is a pretty cool thing. You have the freedom to go where you want as long as you have the needs such as gas required, gas money, money for food/lodging/etc, a spare tire, and a vehicle capable for travel.
    Currently Playing:

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    Another Chrono game would be great.... if it were made by the Square from 12 years ago.

Also I've had two accidents that were both my fault. I am not necessarily the best driver... Although I have managed to not hit both a deer and a child that were suddenly in my way. Damn kid just rides right in front of me on her bicycle. I'm like "Way to go kid!!" And she's got this big grin on her face. The deer like sat there right in front of me. I came to a complete stop. Then I honked my horn. It startled and then ran away.
    Hey, there's an idea! Let's find a brilliant scientist teenager in a small coastal town to build us a Gate Key (it's like a Flux Capacitor!) to open up a time portal, located inexplicably in a festival celebrating one-thousand years of prosperity under a monarch's rule! It has lots of silly shit to do but WE MUST FIND THE PORTAL! THE PORTAL TO THE PAST!! When we get to the past we can travel through a forest and tell Square to stop their silly plans of merging companies and make another goddamned Chrono game! Then we can travel back to the future and beat up a robot and earn some silver points! Maybe steal an innocent man's lunch on a table!

Oh, and one of us ceases to exis----LET'S FIND THIS BRILLIANT SCIENTIST!

"...." YOU SAY?!

"....!"

OH, I GET IT! MAYBE YOU WOULD RATHER STAY HOME, ASLEEP IN BED LIKE THE LAZY PROTAGONIST YOU ARE!

Regarding your other point: I am, so far, a mostly flawless driver. No tickets or violations, no crashes that were my fault! My biggest regret is lacking the power-ups to deal with competing traffic on highways. What I would give for a blue shell or two.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Didn't someone say if you wanted a new Chrono game you just need to go out and buy one?

Also back to the ATB, it's active...if you change it to Wait then you can say it's Turn Based but ATB is still what's determining who's going first. Final Fantasy Tactics is one of my favorite turn based games ever.
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I wanted any kind of freedom, I don't need a car. I can just get to the nearest train station and get a train to anywhere in England within a few hours. I could go to France on the euro tunnel if the need arises. Never understood how car = freedom when you have to pay through the ass just to own that shit, plus more money for maintenance and petrol/gas. Sounds more like a money pit than anything else, and there's no freedom in that.

...but then I live in the city, with a bus stop two minutes from my front door. So...

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries
    Never understood how car = freedom when you have to pay through the ass just to own that shit, plus more money for maintenance and petrol/gas. Sounds more like a money pit than anything else, and there's no freedom in that.
    How about having a paying job?
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSabin View Post
    How about having a paying job?
    I have one of those things. Money seems to be the key to freedom whether you have a car or not, it seems.

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Memento RK ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    If I wanted any kind of freedom, I don't need a car. I can just get to the nearest train station and get a train to anywhere in England within a few hours. I could go to France on the euro tunnel if the need arises. Never understood how car = freedom when you have to pay through the ass just to own that shit, plus more money for maintenance and petrol/gas. Sounds more like a money pit than anything else, and there's no freedom in that.

...but then I live in the city, with a bus stop two minutes from my front door. So...

This stands true. I find I'm having better luck planning my London trip using buses and trains rather than a car. Your streets are so damn weird and I don't think I could get used to driving on the left side rather than the right side. I've thought about it, and I don't know if I can get my mind around it.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries
    There is no public transportation where I am Shut yer mouth, brit.

Gotta drive a Reliant through England!

/loldeath
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    This stands true. I find I'm having better luck planning my London trip using buses and trains rather than a car. Your streets are so damn weird and I don't think I could get used to driving on the left side rather than the right side. I've thought about it, and I don't know if I can get my mind around it.
    Oooh, you're coming to London? When is this happening? =O

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    There is no public transportation where I am Shut yer mouth, brit.
    </3

>>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT

Blog Entries
    I think we need to box. Give me your address, set up a time, and I will come over there and box you.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dance like a fly, bite like a mosquito!
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

Gingersnap ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I finally started an actual blog about the meals I make (like I do in my little blog here sometimes), with a bonus of occasional posts about gardening your own veggies and maybe some stretches or workout thingies (getting my personal training certification, after all), and who knows what else, still in the planning stages....

Would that be something you guys would read?
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

#LOCKE4GOD ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, even though I'm not huge on reading blogs. Because I trust you to actually know your shit given you're so passionate about it.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast