Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

The Quiet One ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    March is a busy month in general for video games. There is a ton of stuff coming out big and niche a like. So it might be difficult for Nintendo to keep attention on them. There is a pretty big stream of games in general just coming out from March into June. So it is going to be pretty crazy for gamers. I've got 3 JRPGs I'm buying that month.
    Curious? There's no limits but your own imagination.
    Don't know how to roleplay, but want to learn? Visit Here!

2007 and 2009 Best Writer of TFF and 2009 Most Creative Co-Winner

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We're already on PS4? Jeebus. And PS3 is still so expensive.. >.<;;

Question.. Do PS3s work with wi-fi? If so, I'ma need to buy one so I can get with the times.
    I also need to expand my video game repertoire beyond Need For Speed and Final Fantasy lmao..

Just remembered I need to order Lunar: Silver Star Story (used to have the Deluxe Edition that came with the cloth map and "Making Of" DVD and mini-walkthrough)
    And Tales of Destiny. Those were really good games. Debating whether or not I want to spend more $$ on Legend of Dragoon. IMO, it's the best worst RPG ever. hehe.

The Quiet One ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Andromeda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PS3 you can use wired or wi-fi. It has built in wi-fi, but if you don't have wi-fi you still have plug in through ethernet with no problems.

It is true that the PS3 is still above $200, but when the next console comes out, they'll likely drop the price quite a bit. I don't remember how it was with the PS2, but I'm pretty sure the PS2 around close to $200 up until the launch of PS3. Though they dropped it down pretty quickly afterward. Considering the PS3 used to be $500-600, the $250 I think it is now, is pretty good when the PS2 went from $300 to $200 I think and that was about it until the PS3 came out.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    PS2s are still $200 if you buy them brand new in the box (to my shock and surprise, Wal Mart still has them in stock. Or they did last time I bothered to look, which wasn't too long ago)

We can't hook up internet where I live, but there's 2 open wifi connections I can use. That's why I asked. ;p
    I need to be able to download Final Fantasy and other stuff on PSN. hehe

Queen ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Crescent's Avatar
    Just quickly If you are using the Internet on your ps3 for games then you might want to have the ethernet cable plugged in. It will give you better speeds when playing online(Me no like lag, Life smoother). Depending on ur environment Wireless can be slow and unreliable n will never be as good as a wired connection bottomline, esp if u have interference n other access points- Phones etc. But if wireless is the only option u hav then by all means.

Jus a lil update Ok so the PS3 evolution video was released today(I wud link it but I trust that if u give a sht youd find it urself). They probably did consoles first then handhelds. So Psp maybe?? for Monday Ps Vita Tuesday, and it's worth noting that these Evolution video's are being posted at 11pm GMT which is the time of the Conference .

Boxer of the Galaxy ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Rowan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crescent View Post
    Just quickly If you are using the Internet on your ps3 for games then you might want to have the ethernet cable plugged in. It will give you better speeds when playing online(Me no like lag, Life smoother). Depending on ur environment Wireless can be slow and unreliable n will never be as good as a wired connection bottomline, esp if u have interference n other access points- Phones etc.
    I am an I.T professional and I condone this message.

To those that think a ps4 release is too soon, all you need to do is look at the history. New ps consoles are released at 6 year intervals. Ps1 1994, ps2 2000, ps3 2006 and right on schedule, ps4. Ps3 had the highest sales of any console last year and I think while they are ahead they will want to at least announce the release of the ps4 console. The way they have been hyping this up, I really dont see how it could be anything else.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    PS2s are still $200 if you buy them brand new in the box (to my shock and surprise, Wal Mart still has them in stock. Or they did last time I bothered to look, which wasn't too long ago)

We can't hook up internet where I live, but there's 2 open wifi connections I can use. That's why I asked. ;p
    I need to be able to download Final Fantasy and other stuff on PSN. hehe
    Unless you're in somewhere else other than the US and thus prices are different, you should be able to buy a PS2 new for $130. Anywhere trying to charge you $200 for a new PS2 is ripping you off.

But yeah, the way Sony is releasing the videos it seems like the handhelds will be next. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to show at this event.

Blog Entries
    So the other day, I was staying at a hotel with Julie and her family, and I took a picture and sent it to a bunch of people, saying it was my new dorm room. And everyone believed me. I still haven't told everyone that wasn't actually my dorm room. I thought when I said "And it came with THIS GIRL" that that would tip them off, but... *shrug* lol. Also, I recently got a classmate to look up the movie "Borker" (as opposed to "Parker.") I guess people can't tell when I'm being sarcastic sometimes, haha. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Blog Entries
    Parker! That's my baby's name! ^_^

Omg. I'm beyond brain dead. I'm running on like 4 hrs of sleep in the last 48 hrs. It's been rough.

Pondering life's mysteries since '91 ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Recluse Writer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    Unless you're in somewhere else other than the US and thus prices are different, you should be able to buy a PS2 new for $130.
    For those of you curious about international pricing, the new-look PS3 that was released recently has two versions available in Australia - the 12GB version pricing at around $300, and the 500GB at around $400. Honestly, i think we've got the bad end of the stick out here in the middle of nowhere, but admittedly i'm not buying another PS3 anytime soon. I'm broke as it is and it's probably better to wait for Sony's next Playstation announcement in a few days to see what's coming out next. Maybe the price of PS3's will go down in coming months if it is the PS4 announcement like people are predicting.

On a separate note, i blame the anti-whaling organisations in Australia for pissing the Japanese off. Don't anger the masters of technology! D= (I'm only joking, but sometimes it's fun bringing politics into conversation and seeing what happens )

Blog Entries
    Gawd. I've seen too many episodes of Whale Wars.

It's all stupid. Sorry.

Pondering life's mysteries since '91 ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Recluse Writer's Avatar
    Gawd. I've seen too many episodes of Whale Wars.

It's all stupid. Sorry.
    Hahaha, trust me i don't mind. I really don't have an opinion on the whole whaling matter. As a human being, i feel compelled to protecting and preserving nature, but at the same time as a citizen of the world i can understand and appreciate the Japanese's interest in researching those creatures (and sometimes killing them for food and profit).

While anyone can be quick to have an opinion and judge them, can we honestly say to ourselves that we've not done any questionable things ourselves? Kinda like the whole 'he who is without sin be the first to cast a stone' idea.

Memento Rhapso ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    So the other day, I was staying at a hotel with Julie and her family, and I took a picture and sent it to a bunch of people, saying it was my new dorm room. And everyone believed me. I still haven't told everyone that wasn't actually my dorm room. I thought when I said "And it came with THIS GIRL" that that would tip them off, but... *shrug* lol. Also, I recently got a classmate to look up the movie "Borker" (as opposed to "Parker.") I guess people can't tell when I'm being sarcastic sometimes, haha. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom
    Parker was actually pretty good. I just felt like the special effects (Blood, explosions, etc.) were sub-par. But overall it was a cool movie. Have you seen it or were you just trying to give your friend hell?

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Shake it like a polaroid picture ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) RagnaToad's Avatar
    I feel lost in these conversations about new releases in the videogame landscape.

Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    I feel lost in these conversations about new releases in the videogame landscape.

Lool

I only ever play(enjoy) the 10yr old+ games. Im currently playing DMC, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs n Thousand Arms(n eternally playing FFVII if not on my consoles/psp, in my head). Cant say I relate to that masturbating part tho.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Viral View Post
    Parker was actually pretty good. I just felt like the special effects (Blood, explosions, etc.) were sub-par. But overall it was a cool movie. Have you seen it or were you just trying to give your friend hell?
    I haven't seen it. We were talking about it because our international classmate saw it, and was saying how great it was. And the way he said the title, it sounded like "Borker." I tried to tell my other classmate he meant "Parker" at first, but then started telling him it was "Borker." I'm not sure why he didn't catch it was Parker by that point.

lulz @ Ragna. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Certified tech, come at me! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wanted to share this with everybody, you know how some couples yell bad things at each other when they're having a fight. This is a play argument where two people are yelling but its the other way around (in them expressing how much they feel for the other person). Some of the lines cracked me up XD
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    My lil girl sent me a Valentine's Day card.. It came late.

Will post a pic of it when I'm not feeling lazy... lol

Watching PS4 reveal..

"Playstation is the best place to play"

Damn straight.

The Old Skool Warrior ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

Already have half an article written for a company that hasn't even been mentioned yet. Oops.

That'll go up the moment it's done.

» Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my Galaxy S2
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Certified tech, come at me! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyone is talking about the PlayStation 4 and I'm sitting here playing Illusion of Gaia on my SNES system.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    For those interested in the smaller or lesser known Japanese companies on board for the PS4, no sense making an article about I think. I list their most recently released game from the company that I could think of. Most of these are not a surprise for me, since many of them have been pretty close with the Playstation for a while, but it is still nice to see them on board. The smaller companies I'm guessing will delay a little before releasing their games like with PS3 to wait for the install base to increase.

FROM Software (Dark Souls), not so small these days, but lesser know probably
    Imageepoch (Toki to Towa), pretty small makes a lot of PSP RPGs and has a big PS3 RPG out now
    Mages (Steins;Gate) they make visual novels mostly on the 360, but have been recently porting to the PS3
    Idea Factory (Hyperdimension Neptunia V), one of the more common JRPG companies during this generation
    GUST (Atelier Ayesha), known for their Atelier series and Ar Tonelico series also been very reliable with JRPGs this generation
    Level 5 (Ni No Kuni), one of the upcoming stronger JRPG companies
    NIS (Disgaea 4), an older JRPG company, mostly known for the Disgaea series
    Marvelous AQL (Senran Kagura), lately becoming known for making ecchi-themed games
    Atlus (Person 4 Golden), known for making the Shin Megami Tensei series
    Falcom, (Trails in the Sky), a very old JRPG company
    Spike Chunsoft (Zero Escape), lately known for the Zero Escape and visual novel games

Blog Entries
    Falcom, (Trails in the Sky), a very old JRPG company
    Wait! you forgot Ys. Thats their major Action RPG title series. EDIT: Speaking of Falcom, maybe we will see a Ys VIII on the PS4 knowing they are on board with the new system? My intuition tells me that the next one is home console bound.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    My mistake, I was doing a pretty quick search on things. They've been re-releasing so many Ys games lately I think the Trails in the Sky is one of the newer games.

Blog Entries
    Falcon recently developed a brand new Ys game. Given its a remake of the 4th game, its a completely new since its a version developed by Falcom them self.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)-jimmymcperson-jpg

lmfao... That shiz cracks me up everytime I read it. XD

Shake it like a polaroid picture ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) RagnaToad's Avatar
    ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)-jimmymcperson-jpg

lmfao... That shiz cracks me up everytime I read it. XD
    Even though that is fake (why would a person capable of writing that well not have anything more valuable to offer for that assignment?) , the story itself is pretty funny. Playing the ignorant card can be a great comedy tool.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries
    lol its fake? i thought it was real...

kids being kids.

The poorly MS Painted Red Marker gives it away.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Blog Entries
    I think that new video evidence proves that loaf is the prince of lies.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast