Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

#LOCKE4GOD ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Herro? New Posts still exists. It groups all new posts according to the thread they're posted in. Who ever thought activity stream would be a good idea?

K new topic. Has anyone ever lost their job, and have nothing solid to go to afterward?

My current job finishes very soon, and all I have lined up is some tutoring that may or may not happen. Not very solid. But I don't really have need for a job atm, so no pity plox.

Memento RK ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I went from one job to another job then tried to go back to that one job and they didn't hire me back. Lets just say I was rationing food and only drinking water for a really long time. My advice is to ask what your current employer thinks before you leave your current job, or take the experience you learned and start the job hunt.

Didn't you say you were living at home now? That should help for a little while.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Certified tech, come at me! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How about freelancing? freelancing would be a good idea, you can make money on your own time, you are your own manager and you can create your own operating hours.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    To run with Sabin's idea, Julie and I were discussing what Alpha could freelance as. She said writer. I said DRUG DEALER.

EDIT: oops, that video may contain spoilers...

#LOCKE4GOD ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did some consulting late last year. Now some chump owes me $800 and I have to take him to a small claims tribunal because he hasn't paid me and is now avoiding my calls. True story.

Blog Entries
    You should KICK HIM IN THE ASS. I would if I was there! Or smash a bottle over his head. VIOLENCE.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Incognitus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Candidly? Ideally the first one. If the second one happens, it goes away. We all kinda agreed this place was way more active back in the says if the spam thread. Figured harnessing some of that wouldn't be terrible.

» Sent via Tapatalk 2 on my Galaxy S2
    Be wary the raw power you seek to harness! There may be no escaping the destructive, concentrated flow of randomness into a single place!

No escape!

» Sent via hand-wave over my palantír

P.S. Cactuar tattoo, clearly. It escapes.
    Hero façade. Villain at heart.

TFF's Resident Messenger ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are freelancing websites that you can join, if you want to go that route. I am a member of one that caters to all trades and talents.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Swayne View Post
    There are freelancing websites that you can join, if you want to go that route. I am a member of one that caters to all trades and talents.
    Including freelancing DRUG-DEALING sites?!! And Incognitus is smart. Listen to him.

So just something part time then alpha??? Try a temping agency...those are real right??
    EBG

Kiss with a fist. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Dranzer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    DRUG-DEALING
    See: tax deductions - office expenses.

'tis the season...

no help whatsoever <3

soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
    happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
    PRK9 ♥ Prestige+ ♥ GDEAA

The Old Skool Warrior ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

I should slow down when I Swype on my phone. Had no idea the wrong words were interpreted in the post Telegraph just quoted. Probably half the others too.

Does anyone else use Swype, or some equivalent because you hate tapping on touch screens?

Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    I might try it at some point. I have yet to find a keyboard app for my phone that can keep up with my typing speed. I have to retype half my texts because of not registering spaces and turning things into giant sentence-long words, etc. =/ Highly irritating.

In other news, this is my driveway:

Supposed to be at work for 8:00, but I highly doubt that's going to happen seeing as both the manager and the opening pharmacist are still stuck in their own driveways. Plus, there's still a State of Emergency/driving ban in both states where employees of my store live, so...yeah. We're supposed to get another 4-8 inches before the storm finally leaves.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Blog Entries
    Ouuu. That storm hit us yesterday. All things flight related have gone to hell in a handbasket. This makes my job really really hard. Oo.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries
    All things travel related, really. It's terrible. Haven't heard from my boss at all so I'm assuming he doesn't really need me. I mean really. There's a driving ban in Massachusetts and a state of emergency pretty much everywhere, so it's not like anyone's really going to be out and about much. If they can even dig themselves out. The storm isn't supposed to pass until this evening either.
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

The Old Skool Warrior ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

Stay safe in your cozy little blizzard!

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonHeart View Post
    In other news, this is my driveway:

DragonHeart, don't go outside! For the love of games, don't even think about going outside!!

Well, if you've beaten Flame Mammoth you can risk it. I would.

As for keyboard apps, I use SwiftKey 3. It has learned enough of my vocabulary that it reads my mind and I just touch what it suggests. It's not bad. Saves me a lot of typing.

Should make a whole new sub forums with this thread rules.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As complicated as it gets for some people, I wish we got snow like that here in England. In London, I'm lucky to see six inches before it's gritted and salted. Then, all you get is black ice and orange crap everywhere, and it's not very pretty. Would love to move out of the city just to see it, but that's a long time off. And those places usually flood once or twice a year, and I don't want that to deal with.

Watch out for that ice, and stay safe if you need to leave the house for supplies!

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

TFF's Resident Messenger ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was lucky in this storm. It was all rain here. If anyone is snowed in, there is one to pass the time. And that is to watch GypsyElder play Catherine. She's streaming live right now. That could actually be a good thing to do no matter how the weather is where you are. But I am not trying to divert people from TFF. I am just trying to throw some views and support to a fellow TFF member. Besides, it's a fun game!
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    Heh, odd. The post below mine is post #0. Very very odd.
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Blog Entries
    Totally watching this Catherine stream now. :3

Random;:
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Work suuuuuuucked this weekend. Not money-wise. For once. Stupid drama and my name being in everyone's mouths over some shit they know -nothing- about and now most everyone has decided that my best friend and I dont exist. Well. Most of the -girls- anyway.

Shoulda worked tonight. I made $100 during lunch this morning & they were super slammed when I left. And short 1 server. I'da probably walked out woth $200+, but I just wasnt feeling it. I havent slept.. At all. Since Thursday night. meh.

Bananarama ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I had a glorious time weathering the snow. I had a few six packs and played Black Ops 2 and Assassins Creed 3, finally passing out watching Office Space. Woke up, shoveled out my truck, had an asshole hit it with his snowblower, yelled at him for a few, cleaned my truck off again, saw Zero Dark 30, and then spent the night with the gf.

And Alpha, you should just be a stripper. Everything is cash up front.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Gingersnap ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At work this week, I accidentally spotted two people having an affair.

It was this personal trainer (isn't it always?) and a member of the athletic club (and I believe one of his clients). They are both married (to other people), and they always sit around the restaurant and talk for HOURS without eating anything. Well on Thursday, my manager (he cooks, I serve) was like "you KNOW they ****in." and I said, "weeellllll... I dunno, maybe not. Maybe they're just really good friends." So anyway, there's this small hallway behind the kitchen that leads into a back lounge area (there's another way to that lounge area that the members use, but when I have to take food back to the conference room behind the lounge area, I use that small hallway.... make sense?). All that's in this hallway is a one-seater men's restroom and the small office for the restaurant that is usually shut.

So I'm taking food back to the conference room, and as I pass the men's room, I hear the paper towel dispenser, and note that someone is in there. I don't see any one else in the lounge area, the trainer and member have been gone for a while, and no one is in the office (why would they be?). And then I come back from the conference room and I'm approaching the kitchen, and then oh my god, here come the two of them out of this small hallway together. The ONLY place they could have been was the restroom. They don't make eye contact, they don't speak to each other, he goes one way and she goes another. Well at this point, I'm cracking up and my manager thinks it's equally hilarious. But then another manager (who I like) hears the story, and she takes it a bit more seriously, and asks if I'll retell the story to the head manager. I feel bad at this point (not THAT bad, they're both cheating dicks), but I tell her what I saw. Then they go through camera footage, and the pair are on tape going back into that hallway and not coming out for TEN minutes.

What makes it worse, is that right after that, the member goes on to workout with the trainer's WIFE. They're FRIENDS. And dude is doing this where he works, where there are cameras everywhere, in a BATHROOM. So gross!

Anyway, I thought a few people might enjoy that.

In other news, I'm engaged.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the engagement lady! I would have said something on FB, but it would have gotten lost in the other comments.

Woohoo! Exciting times!
    [CENTER]

Things!!:

MSN RANDOMS:
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

I think that's the first time I've read about an affair and an engagement in a single post.

Anyway. congrats~.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congrats!! When's the wedding!?

(Sorry. Not to rain on your parade. Now I'm kinda depressed. Just got out of a 4.5 yr relationshiop)

I lurve good cheating scandals. There was a radio thing in Phoenix called "War of the Roses" - basically the DJ and the girlfriend/boyfriend that's being wronged come up with a way to corner the Cheater. One guy actually followed his girl to .. somewhere. Called her, of course she says she's somewhere else, and he goes "Nice purple shirt, bitch."

It's awesome.

Spoony Bard
    Recurring Mini-Boss
    Blog Entries
    Maybe this is the apathy talking again. I try my best to suppress its opinion, but I am also curious:

Is anyone else here that go-to guy or girl for problems that need solving? It's a curse! I'm hexed and vexed, I tell you! Can't escape it! Whether it's at work or during my free time, someone inevitably needs my help because I know how to do things, fix things or explain things. It's exhausting. Really ruins some of my weekends, too. Do any of you shoulder a similar burden in your lives?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast