Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread)

Mystyrion ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) C:/Dille.Run's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Zisa View Post
    I bought Final Fantasy VI Advance off ebay, and on the auction it said the game saves and is in perfect condition at least twice. When I tried it out not only are all three save files corrupt but whenever a quicksave is loaded it sends you back to the title screen. It turns out the guy I bought it off is selling bootleg copies from Taiwan.

A couple days and a full refund later I've found ps1 copy for $30, and I was wondering if it has the same problems with loading times that V had on the ps1. Could any of you guys clarify this for me?
    I hate eBay sellers like that.
    Can't buy anime
    Can't buy GBA games
    Can't buy clothes
    There is always an awesome scam artist

Chief Inspiring Officer ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    OMG. I just spent the day being bossed around by ma and then my sister just dropped by unannounced with her odd guy friend and then they decided to make a pie (that's the sort of confusing thing that happens when ma meets strangers, get used to it). So I've been playing Breath of Fire for the past five hours to avoid talking to them.... dude, wiped out, must go to sleep already
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Blog Entries
    Pie-making is one of the number one ways to get to know someone. It brings us together, and we make something delicious. Next time you must embrace the pie-making! Do a good job!

Also, I went and visited my big bro yesterday. He has a great dane who kept on jumping on me. Made me spill my coffee all over myself at one point, heh... I was sitting a chair, and he decided to climb up on me. I held him off for several seconds, but to no avail. Also I saw Anchorman 2 and fell asleep during Elysium yesterday. My schedule has been busy. Drive around, see people, drink beer.

TFF's Resident Messenger ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco-Calamitous View Post
    Pie-making is one of the number one ways to get to know someone. It brings us together, and we make something delicious. Next time you must embrace the pie-making! Do a good job!
    On the same vein, only two of Grandma's grandchildren helped her bake cookies today. The same two to do it last year, my younger cousin and I. The other seven couldn't be bothered. Something about having a life or something. I only have one grandparent left, so baking cookies and hearing stories is important at this point.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Chief Inspiring Officer ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I haven't got anything against pies, heck, I've been making lemon meringue ever since our lemon crop came in, I was just really tired after making a turkey dinner that day... *burp* and eating it...

Certified tech, come at me! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm taking a road trip to see my folks up in VA, I haven't been out of state since summer of last year. I'm very excited to get up there! I also will very likely be seeing a buddy of mine who is stationed up there as well. In other news, I had my first christmas the other day (if you haven't seen my blog), I got some sweet gifts.
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    Dude, unless you're a baby, it's impossible to be your FIRST Chrustmas. Crust? Oops... I guess that's a side affect of too much pie.

Certified tech, come at me! ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanista View Post
    Dude, unless you're a baby, it's impossible to be your FIRST Chrustmas. Crust? Oops... I guess that's a side affect of too much pie.
    lol we have 2 separate christmases almost every year, its a family tradition!
    Currently Playing:

Blog Entries
    WHAAAAATTTT???? You must adopt me - NOW!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanista View Post
    I haven't got anything against pies, heck, I've been making lemon meringue ever since our lemon crop came in, I was just really tired after making a turkey dinner that day... *burp* and eating it...
    Well, I suppose turkey is also delicious. However, I will have to consult with my pie experts to discern whether or not it is a proper replacement/excuse for pie. I cannot tell you whether they will be impressed, and if they are not, there will be a reckoning!

In other news my friends made me stay out until 6 AM this morning, heh... I am usually at work before then. Oh well, we were drinkin', it was fun. Someone ended up passed out next to the fridge, and another person passed out in the bathroom in a vampire at rest position, lol. I stopped drinking at like 10 because my stomach was already upset, but they went the entire night, so I was in a unique position wherein I got to watch them making fools of themselves without making one of myself ...actually that second part isn't true because I have no shame. But I was aware of them making fools of themselves! They also gave me more advice on things, including some insight as to their own experiences, and encouragement that I'm actually doing really well about it as far as they can see. It made me feel better.

Consistently Average ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Playing Metal Gear Rising Revengence. I take back every bad thing i've said about Raiden, although those high heels aren't really for me
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

TFF's Resident Messenger ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It only took four hours, but I finally cleaned up my game save files and listed every title in my collection (excluding PC games). I'm ready to start the new year fresh.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Blog Entries
    Well, I suppose turkey is also delicious. However, I will have to consult with my pie experts to discern whether or not it is a proper replacement/excuse for pie. I cannot tell you whether they will be impressed, and if they are not, there will be a reckoning!
    Of course turkey is a proper excuse - tryptophan, dude!

Everybody raise your hand if you hate Obamacare. *my hand is raised* My family was unable to buy Christmas presents this year because of this $90 per person 'penalty' thing. On the other hand, since this means we need more money, it looks like the wheels of fate are in motion and I will, in fact be going back to school. Wish me luck, hombres!

Blog Entries
    Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that leads to serotonin, which leads to sleep and depression. Yay depression! But is an essential amino acid really better than PIE? I never consulted the experts; we were too busy drinking, I think. Or I was sleeping. I did that a lot and yet not enough, heh...

So I went out last night with a couple coworkers last night to celebrate one's 21st birthday, and the bouncer at the bar made me put my hoodie away in the car-in 18 degree weather-because... I dunno, hoodies are suspicious or something. He also made me tuck in my wallet chain. Then later on while we were inside, I saw a dude walking around in a fucking trench coat. WTF? I guess nothing bad has ever happened when someone was allowed into a crowded place wearing a trench coat...

EDIT: Also, do a good job in school land! I need to do a good job too.

Blog Entries
    Ah, thank you! I wish you good fortune as well.

I'd already eaten the turkey by the time they showed up! There was no choice, I didn't just see the table, turn around and say, "whoa, I should eat a pie instead. What? no pie exists yet? I guess I'll wait until my unannounced sis pops up and then help her and her odd friend make a pie instead of eating this wonderful turkey dinner right now even tho it's done!" I couldn't see into the future!!! My senses were dulled, man, dulled!

Blog Entries
    All I'm hearing from you is excuses, lady. You need to shape up, or they'll send you to a Pie Jail!

Bananarama ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now, was the guy in the trenchcoat actually Mac from It's Always Sunny?

Because I would totally trust him to keep the bar safe and secure. Optical patdowns all night!

But really, that's some bullshit. Hoodies are only shady if you're walking around with the hood up do nobody can see your hands and face at the same time. Keep the hood down, or so people can see your face, and you're a lot less shady looking.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    I should watch that show some time. My brother got me the first season for Christmas last year because he often puts no thought into his gifts, but it looks funny.

One of the people with me said he said something about if I were in a fight and wearing the hoodie, someone could pull me down by the hood and knee me easier or something. I guess there's a lot of fights? Whatever, it's still dumb I think. Akransas is just lame about drinking. In Oregon, there are all these micro breweries everywhere with all different kinds of beers, and drinking is far more accepted. Out here, I have New Belgium pretty much as my only go to (Rogue is out here too, but they're friggen expensive.) And beer is like The Devil or something; all these laws. I'm living in a fuggin' dry county. What the hell is this, the Prohibition Era?

Bananarama ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh I highly recommend you watching the first season then. It'll be something totally different than what's on TV.

And that sucks being in the Bible belt with those wacky laws. I remember being in Indiana once, wanting to buy a six pack on a Sunday afternoon... because there was literally nothing going on and it was about 100 degrees outside. I went to a supermarket with quite a nice beer selection and they outright refused, saying it was illegal because of blue laws. It didn't help when I asked how they tolerate living in such a flat, boring state. That day sucked
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    All I'm hearing from you is excuses, lady. You need to shape up, or they'll send you to a Pie Jail!
    Excuses...? It sounds like you are ill-informed as to my situation, pal. Allow me to enlighten you.

On the morning in question, and, indeed, many mornings prior to and since, Two of my large younger brothers were playing Metal Gear Solid (with the volume cranked up to 75% of its full capacity). These two are on the party-all-night shift, only stopping their enjoyment to glug down some form of caffeine.
    At approximately five in the morning, the older of the two decided it was time to start the turkey. They stuffed, cooked, and devoured half its meat by the time mum woke up, which caused the party to abruptly disband. The two brothers took to their heels, fleeing to their individual beds. It was at this inopportune time that I emerged from my bed covers. I found the massacred turkey, and, lingering above it, my mother, who was in one of her rare foul moods. For the next six hours she battered my ears with her "truck-driver" voice, (the legendary technique that shattered that trespassing man from the U.S. mail company in a single syllable). She was angry that her sons had cooked her turkey without mashed potatoes (Law #1: NEVER try to cheat a Minnesotan out of their potatoes).
    As the only present slave, I was the sole, brave recipient of our mother's wrath, and I hadn't even breakfasted yet.
    During my six hour unlawful punishment, in which I was constantly forced to stoop and clean things that I dare not mention that had been cultivating in that kitchen during the night, I alone prepared the remainder of that turkey dinner, the potatoes, the gravy, cranberry sauce... I alone painstakingly pried the meat from those cold bones, I alone toiled, toiled as the liquid boiled down into a bouillon de volaille, adding turnips and celery and wild rice with an exciting dash of cumin and bruised cilantro... Never mind, that's a bit off topic.
    Anyway, the work was endless as I was hopeless. I only managed to survive it by not thinking. When finally the sun sank, mom went to retire upstairs. Now it was down these that did descend the two brothers whose crimes I had paid for, but I was unable to do more than glare at them every few minutes while eating my first meal of the day. I could swear my small intestines had shrunk during my imprisonment, but I wasn't willing to stop eating. So, with the last ounce of my strength I stowed the meal in the fridge. It was then that my sister popped in with her friend, leaving me utterly flabbergasted.
    If only...if only she had called some time beforehand to let us know she was coming, then mom might have lightened up a little and I totally would've waited until they got here before I made a pig of myself... as it was, my brothers danced about, entertaining the guests while I swam between semi-consciousness and brain-deadism. Then our mother woke up and came down. She had no idea those guys were coming to dinner. She immediately began spewing orders. "ALL OF YOU GO OUTSIDE AND PICK PERSIMMONS! WE'RE MAKING PIES!"

The pies tasted good the next morning.

I rest my case.

Blog Entries
    A likely story. Sounds like a buncha lies to me. I bet there wasn't even a turkey. And you never ate a pie. Yer a LAWYER.

Blog Entries
    How dare you, sir!

Blog Entries
    I see your Harrison Ford, and I raise you a Harrison Ford POINTING.

Whatcha gonna do about THAT?

The Old Skool Warrior ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn. ****ing nothing, that's what.

~ sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Damn. ****ing nothing, that's what.
    YER DAMN RIGHT. Also, I just wanted to share this, because this series is awesome:

I'm at work, learning Linux. Getting paid to learn!
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Diablo ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) MechromancerFTW's Avatar
    Good evening my user name is MechromancerFTW and my real life name is Serah which was one of the main reasons I'm here right now.

Boxer of the Galaxy ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Rowan's Avatar
    wins most active: doesn't post for 3 weeks.

hi everybody, I'm smashing out my long list of games currently and enjoying and making the most of my holidays. catch you soon!

#LOCKE4GOD ITT: General Conversation (the not-quite-spam thread) Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    I'm at work, learning Linux. Getting paid to learn!
    You should convert permanently. Linux is great. Helps that 90% of what I was using when I was using Windows was browser-based, though. So many better (and cheaper, and more customisable) options for everything else on Linux, all packaged up to make your computer work more smoothly. I don't know why it isn't more popular.

It's not popular because I think it basically doesn't hold your hand like Mac and windows does. Right now it's for work, once I get a solid understanding I'll get some crappy machine and put linux on it.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast