Thread: Its so hot + holidays over.

Boxer of the Galaxy Its so hot + holidays over. Rowan's Avatar

Its so hot + holidays over.

It's hot in Australia. We recently had a week of 40+ days (Celsius). I recall one day being 46. I know that UK peeps here wouldn't even know what its like for the weather to be above 25, so what about your Muricans? Whats the hottest day you've experienced? By the way, Holiday time is over. I watched all the pirates of the Caribbean movies and the desolation of Smaug, an anime called school days and re watched Trigun. I also played Magic the gathering in a friends garage until 4am on many nights. Also stayed at the crown towers, turned $100 into $400, then $400 into $0. I cooked a pasta bake for myself and for my gf at 3:00 in the morning. I played and completed Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem and I have almost completed the Guided Fate;Paradox. I only managed to make a small dent in my long list of games I need to get through, but I must say I have been productive. I started back at gym, all injuries are now non-existent. I feel good. Aside from going back to work tomorrow which I am somewhat dreading, but alas! Summer is in my bones and I feel rejuvenated. I'm currently listening to Pearl jam and some other 90's stuff as I type this. Got a ps4 and almost finished assassins creed 4, black flag. It is my first AC and it is freaking awesome. Although I have been told that black flag is by far the best in the franchise, and that prior titles may disappoint. What did Y'all get upto if you had the pleasure of receiving some time off?

TL; DR
    go back and read it you lazy bums.

Chief Inspiring Officer Its so hot + holidays over. Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Enjoy it ya lucky b******, that hot air front brought some up to Russia which shifted their cold-as-sh*t-in-an-icebox-air to the California coast.

Currently:
    Gagging on the minty communism.
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. Its so hot + holidays over. noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've had entirely "too much time off". Or as I like to call it, "stuck in limbo". I'm still in TX and while the weather has been pretty great up until today, I've just been hanging out with my dad and helping him pack up to move. And drinking. Yep.

I'm ready to get back to TN and then on to NYC..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanista View Post
    Enjoy it ya lucky b******
    Impossible to enjoy heat that high. Especially when the risk of firestorms are present. As japan is known for its earthquakes, Australia is known for its blazing fires.

I invented Go-Gurt. Its so hot + holidays over. Clint's Avatar
    When I woke up this morning, it was a wonderful -10 degrees (-22 degrees Celsius,) without the windchill, with a foot and a half of snow blocking my car in.

As far as hot temperatures go, 104 degrees (40 degrees Celsius) is nothing as long as humidity is low. I went to Phoenix, Arizona about a decade ago. A few of the days I was there, the temperature peaked at around 118 (48 degrees Celsius,) and in all honesty, it felt cooler than a 90 degree(32 degree Celsius) day back home.

By the way, I hate the metric system. Your goddamn meters, kilometers, and degrees Celsius drive me crazy. It's yards, miles, and degrees Fahrenheit. The US standard system is so much less confusing.

#LOCKE4GOD Its so hot + holidays over. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christ Eastwood View Post
    By the way, I hate the metric system. Your goddamn meters, kilometers, and degrees Celsius drive me crazy. It's yards, miles, and degrees Fahrenheit. The US standard system is so much less confusing.
    I can never tell when you're being facetious. I think I'm bad at detecting it. Assuming you're serious... I too think the entire world should adopt a system that makes conversion between units difficult, ignores the obvious benefits of decimal multiples and confuses every person from every other developed country in the world. I also like the fact that Fahrenheit's zero-point is the freezing point of brine, which is far more ubiquitous than water and more relevant when all you're interested in is whether the road is going to have frozen water on it, or if your kettle has boiled. I'm sure all the citizens of the USA, the Bahamas, Belize, the Cayman Islands, Palau and nowhere else get a lot of benefit from using it as their primary gauge of what to wear in the morning or how wide to open the windows. God I love brine.

Summer here has been really good. Low 20 degrees Communist (68 degrees Brine) on clear days. Unlike last summer we have no risk of a water shortage in my city (they managed to coincide the earthquake-strengthening of about one-half of our water reservoir with a drought, leaving us with about seven days of water and no forecasted rain). I'm coming to Melbourne in July (excited!), it will probably feel like summer again in comparison.

Queen Its so hot + holidays over. Crescent's Avatar
    Ugh it was like 30degrees already when I woke those mornings. Im more of a winter person just because im always hot. In cold weather my body is at normal temperature I can wear singlet tops in winter whilst everybody else is rugged up in coats,scarves n beanies it looks strange but im not cold at all im just comfortable I havent gotten the flu/cold or just plain sick for years. EDIT: Winter here (Sydney Metro) does not involve any Snow. Its just really chilly, windy and raining. The Blue Mountains is the closest area to Sydney(bout 2hrs west) that would have snow. ANYWAY, during that heatwave I was still at work, tho afterwards Id just cool off/sunbathe over at my friend's place (a few of em got a pool) but not for long it was that hot. We had cocktails n made our own juices hot weather diminishes my appetite for solid foods. I shaved my dog n bathed/rinsed him twice a day to keep him cool-poor animals/babies. Apart from all that a few parties, sleepovers, dates, shopping sprees, cruises, babysitting my niece, helping friends move apartments, gaming n running into my ex bfs its been real fun.

TFF's Resident Messenger Its so hot + holidays over. Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Right now it seems like I'm in another polar vortex; but alas, it's just more cold weather. I hate winter, and if the guy in Grand Theft Auto III is right, then winter was invented by clothing companies. Winter gaming is probably the only good thing about this whole season. It's too cold to work at the computer, so I spend the day bundled in a fort of blankets and pillows and play the day away. However, it's no fun playing games with snowy weather areas (Skyrim) because if I wanted to play in the snow, I'd just go outside.
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

Gingersnap Its so hot + holidays over. OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It is so cold and I still haven't seen Frozen.

WINTER IS GOING TERRIBLY.

But actually it was in the 60s (F) this weekend, so I can handle 20F during the week when I'm at work anyway, it's not so bad, I'm fine, ty winter.

Hottest day? Probably something like 114F around these parts. Thereabouts. I stop paying attention and just stay inside.

Also I worked through the holidays except for Christmas Day and New Years Day, so the holidays weren't as magical as they used to be lol.

Congrats on getting back to the gym!
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I can never tell when you're being facetious. I think I'm bad at detecting it. Assuming you're serious... I too think the entire world should adopt a system that makes conversion between units difficult, ignores the obvious benefits of decimal multiples and confuses every person from every other developed country in the world.
    I am being very serious about the Fahrenheit scale. The Celsius scale makes no sense. Freezing is 0, which means if you have days during the winter that are below freezing, you have to record them with a negative. If you're working in a laboratory, you have to be precise with the data you collect. People tend to accidentally omit the negative sign. There's a big difference between 10 degrees and -10 degrees.

Another benefit is the elimination for the need of fractions or decimals. Celsius is cluttered with decimals. It's easier to just round up or round down, especially when the only thing that you're measuring is the temperature outside.

What I find ridiculous about the Celsius scale is that even on the hottest days, the temperatures outside usually won't go past 45 degrees. Fahrenheit has a temperature scale of 0 to 100, with 32 being the freezing point. Normal weather in the US, as well as throughout most of the world ranges from 0 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. You don't have to use negatives, and you don't have to use decimals.

In a laboratory setting, precision makes sense, which is why even in the United States, Celsius is used to collect data in labs.

For the measurements of weather conditions, which is what the majority of the world's population only want temperature for, Fahrenheit is logical, and Celsius is cluttered. I'd rather be logical than a cluster ****. It makes more sense to state that it's 84 degrees outside, rather than stating that it's 28.8889 degrees outside.

Also, the Fahrenheit scale has literally noting to do with brine. I don't see the point of bringing that up.
    Last edited by Clint; 01-23-2014 at 07:28 PM.

I am being very serious about the Fahrenheit scale. The Celsius scale makes no sense. Freezing is 0, which means if you have days during the winter that are below freezing, you have to record them with a negative. If you're working in a laboratory, you have to be precise with the data you collect. People tend to accidentally omit the negative sign. There's a big difference between 10 degrees and -10 degrees.
    AKA: Celcuis sucks because human error.

Another benefit is the elimination for the need of fractions or decimals. Celsius is cluttered with decimals. It's easier to just round up or round down, especially when the only thing that you're measuring is the temperature outside.
    Talks about precision; Likes to round up/down and condemns the use of decimal points.

For the record, I dont think I have ever heard a decimal point being used to describe the weather in Celsius.

Getting senile in your old age Mr Eastwood.

Fahrenheit takes human error into account by being less precise.

If you round up or down while reading the temperature, then there is no difference between your use of Celsius and my use of Fahrenheit. Alpha claimed that Fahrenheit is a confusing temperature scale, but I see no confusion in 32 being freezing, and a temperature range of 0 to 100.

I see confusion in the temperature range -17.7778 to 37.7778, however, which is the literal Celsius equivalent of 0 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

I think celsius is at the very least, less confusing.

Celsius|Freezing point = 0, boiling point = 100.
    Fahrenheit.|Freezing point= 32, boiling point = 212.

Its as you say, people only care about the weather. So wouldn't you agree that less numbers = less confusion? Aside from the fact that 0 is freezing and 100 is boiling?

ITT; celsius vs Fahrenheit.

I don't see what's so confusing about remembering that 32 is freezing. It's two numbers; 3 and 2, placed together to make a larger number, 32. It's not that hard to remember. It's an important number, and therefore one you shouldn't forget.

It's the atomic number for germanium. 32 Kabbalistic Paths of Wisdom. The number of teeth that a wise human has (i.e., wisdom teeth.) The code for international direct dial phone calls to Belgium. The traditional number of pages in a comic book. The size of a databus in bits.

And what's 0? Nothing. Not even a year.

And what's 0? Nothing. Not even a year.
    Whats 0? 0 is the key factor and one of only 2 numeric values that define binary code. Binary code is the driving force in circuitry and is responsible for billions of people around the world, and indeed in space, to communicate with each other.

Binary code is an invention of man. Humans chose to design processor chips to not understand human language. How much sense does that one make? About as much sense as putting compressible air into car tires. My tires go flat every time it gets cold. Pure bullshit right there.

#LOCKE4GOD Its so hot + holidays over. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ITT

Its so hot + holidays over.-child-looking-suspicious-house-fire-jpg <-- Me