Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If you were someone else, would you like you?

Chief Inspiring Officer If you were someone else, would you like you? Cyanist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you were someone else, would you like you?

Recently I've been *Ahem* having bad relations with people, which goes against my childhood conviction that I would be loved by all... (you can stop laughing now).
    It's not necessarily a lack of manners on my part or anything, people just have different values (or something).
    So, lately I've been doubting yet another childhood 'absolute' mainly: If this world were more populated by clones of perfect little me, everything would be sooo better! (cue glittery sparkle sound effects).
    Unfortunately, I keep running into people like me and - you guessed it - I cannot STAND them.
    So, I'm asking: If you were someone else, would you like you?
    ~I'm sorry I haven't been around very much~

The votes are in for the sketch contest. See who won the epic battle here:
    http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...12-voting.html

Queen If you were someone else, would you like you? Crescent's Avatar
    Haha I wonder the same thing sometimes..I guess upon first impressions I'm a snobby, aloof bitch so thats a No..but if you happen to be in my company a lot more you see more of -still aloof, quiet, animated, funny and weird 'Me'. All of which I love and most fkers don't SO yes I would like me as someone else.

Death Before Dishonor If you were someone else, would you like you? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I was someone else I would probably hate myself. I am generally a prick to most people.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I invented Go-Gurt. If you were someone else, would you like you? Clint's Avatar
    If I were somebody else, I would most likely be too busy discovering the intricacies of intergalactic trade law to bother getting to know myself.

If I have the time, I would show myself a little bit of flim-flam, and if the Red Right Hand of Eastwood brought me to my knees, then there's no denying that I'm an awesome person.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. If you were someone else, would you like you? Polk's Avatar
    If I were somebody else I would probably try to make out with me and then it would just be awkward for everybody.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Boxer of the Galaxy If you were someone else, would you like you? Rowan's Avatar
    wow, I honestly dont know. Thats a good question. I suppose I generally like everyone who's well mannered and considerate, and seeing as to how im not a back stabbing prick I can trust that myself would be as honest as myself which would make myself comfortable to be around myself.

Ayyye If you were someone else, would you like you? Lacquer Head's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I certainly already...dislike myself, but in person, I try to be polite and mind my manners and such, I tend to think of myself as a gentleman. But when I get to know people, I can be annoying, I like to **** with people. I can also see a complete mental clone as being difficult to deal with. It would probably bring out our more primal instincts as a personal threat or something. However, if the questions involves me being another person completely, now that just depends on who I am lol

Registered Goober If you were someone else, would you like you? Order's Avatar
    I would get along with myself just fine, as long as my 3rd person self was not a fat, lazy sack of crap. Then I'd probably hate my original self for being so awesome.
    Jealousy, more or less.

I am, in fact so likeable and impressive that there should be a TV show about me. There should then be movies based on episodes from the TV show.
    People should have posters of me in their homes with my quotes overlayed.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) If you were someone else, would you like you? che's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would love the shit out of me. I'd date myself hard and have lots of sex with me.

Che, I believe that completely.
    Im actually not really surprised by your response as much as if anyone else had said it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    and have lots of sex with me.
    Don't you already do that? o:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Che, I believe that completely.
    Im actually not really surprised by your response as much as if anyone else had said it.
    Don't blame you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacquer Head View Post
    Don't you already do that? o:
    Yes.

Gingersnap If you were someone else, would you like you? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would probably think that I didn't like me very much, but then I'd get to know me, and realize that that's just how my face looks.

(a lot of people tell me - after some time has passed - that they thought I didn't like them when I first met them (as if I knew enough about them to be anything but indifferent). I suppose I can be initially standoffish, even though I'm not trying to be. I'm actually very nice!)
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Bananarama If you were someone else, would you like you? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna lie, it depends on my mood when I meet myself. I can be kind of standoffish, but that goes away once I feel like you're not really a ****. At that point, I'd probably start talking about sports with myself, because if I'm me, and I know me, I can talk about sports with a cool dude. Or perhaps get drunk with myself and talk about life, because I tend to do that if I've been drinking.

Ultimately, I'd probably like meeting me and hanging out. I'm pretty chill and laid back, and I think I would be amused with the sarcastic remarks and bizarre references to both the Simpsons and random movies.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Memento RK If you were someone else, would you like you? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would fall in love with myself instantly and never let her go. Ever! If she made me let her go, I would be the saddest person on the planet. I know this has happened to a lot of people. I can be a cruel bitch when this happens. When I don't like someone....I reeeally don't like them. My problem is that I don't have the guts to tell them. In other cases, when I like a person, I also don't have the guts to tell them. So it's a massive "What the **** did you do that for?" inside my head.

If I saw myself on the street and I knew it was me, I'd friend her instantly. Maybe more than friend because I would know that I'm bisexual and would want to do that kind of stuff. It just takes a little convincing sometimes is all. I don't know if I would want to date myself though. I can be quite the handful.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

The Mad God If you were someone else, would you like you? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Yes. God, yes. I wish there were more people like me in the world. That isn't to say I have some silly superiority complex and look down on everyone else, just that I find it sad that there seem to be so few people anywhere that understand me, and that I can understand. I'd love to have debates with myself, because I don't really care what side of an argument I have to support if I'm arguing for argument's sake. So we'd have some pretty deep philosophical debates. A second brain like mine would also make for an excellent partner in theory building. bouncing ideas off of each other, two mes could come up with all kinds of crazy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by che
    I would love the shit out of me. I'd date myself hard and have lots of sex with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko View Post
    If I saw myself on the street and I knew it was me, I'd friend her instantly. Maybe more than friend because I would know that I'm bisexual and would want to do that kind of stuff. It just takes a little convincing sometimes is all. I don't know if I would want to date myself though. I can be quite the handful.
    The important question here then becomes, would having sex with a clone of yourself be gay, or just the ultimate masturbation?
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Memento RK If you were someone else, would you like you? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartless Angel View Post
    The important question here then becomes, would having sex with a clone of yourself be gay, or just the ultimate masturbation?
    Well, since I am bi, It would still classify myself as bi. If 2 clones were going at it, it is still sex. Masturbation is something you do with yourself. As soon as another person is involved, it's sex. Get it? In other words, I want to clone myself really badly. I would love me for the rest of my life.

As for our conversations...I'm sure they would be no different than the conversations I already have with myself. They help me figure things out and make better decisions. If it was an actual human being I was talking to, it would make me seem a little less crazy I think.
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries
    I would fall in love with myself instantly and never let her go. Ever! If she made me let her go, I would be the saddest person on the planet. I know this has happened to a lot of people. I can be a cruel bitch when this happens. When I don't like someone....I reeeally don't like them. My problem is that I don't have the guts to tell them. In other cases, when I like a person, I also don't have the guts to tell them. So it's a massive "What the **** did you do that for?" inside my head.

Well this thread just got waaaaaay more interesting.

It would be sodomy. Just like sex with an identical twin

But would it be incest?

The Mad God If you were someone else, would you like you? Heartless Angel's Avatar
    Masturbation is something you do with yourself.
    As soon as another person is involved, it's sex.
    But when the other person IS yourself, which rule applies?
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Blog Entries
    Gay sex doesn't "make" some one gay... But if you're asking if it is gay sex, then yes, yes it is.

Bananarama If you were someone else, would you like you? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm, the question though, is if you were someone else. To be fair, through my interactions with others, and getting hit on on bars and the like, usually people tend to think I'm cute or mildly to moderately attractive... until I open my mouth. The people who get my humor and understand that while some of the things I say might sound messed up, I'm not a horrible person, but just being funny with my type of humor.

And no, it's not because my breath stinks or I have bad teeth.

It makes me wonder, that if I didn't appreciate my own awesomeness, would I appreciate mine if I weren't me?

True story
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    But when the other person IS yourself, which rule applies?
    Irrelevant because the other person cannot be a second you. Even in a time travel (which isn't possible) paradox, that person is still not you. The particles and molecules that makeup you and your "twin" would be entirely different.

If we were to pretend that it's possible and/or relevant, then if you are rubbing/having non penetration sex then it could be considered masturbation, as you can "masturbate" (or stimulate genitals) of the other you.

And of course you are the same sex as the other "you", so of course it's gay sex.\

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Q. Billingsley View Post
    It makes me wonder, that if I didn't appreciate my own awesomeness, would I appreciate mine if I weren't me?

True story
    And I would appreciate you if I weren't you.

You know, I was reading up on the ****ing yourself idea and thought of the opposite as sometimes happens...

Would you fight yourself?
    Sparring or otherwise?

I'd definately spar myself. That crap would be awesome.
    I'd get a true understanding of my speed, strength and technique, as well as be able to practice counters and work on replacing bad habits I've probably never realized i have.

How awesome would that be?
    To have an opponent who has the same conditioning, strengths and weaknesses?
    That would be the definition of self improvement.

That sounds way better than ****ing yourself.

I just wanted to point out that what you guys are talking about is, once again, ****ing yourself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    You know, I was reading up on the ****ing yourself idea and thought of the opposite as sometimes happens...

Would you fight yourself?
    Sparring or otherwise?

I'd definately spar myself. That crap would be awesome.
    I'd get a true understanding of my speed, strength and technique, as well as be able to practice counters and work on replacing bad habits I've probably never realized i have.

How awesome would that be?
    To have an opponent who has the same conditioning, strengths and weaknesses?
    That would be the definition of self improvement.

That sounds way better than ****ing yourself.

I just wanted to point out that what you guys are talking about is, once again, ****ing yourself.
    That'd be cool. Reminded me of the Evil Link fight from the Ocarina of Time water temple. I'd spar myself, but it seems like if I met myself we could do way more productive stuff than that.

And just like fighting Shadow Link, I'd cheat and use Din's fire to win.

Blog Entries
    And just like fighting Shadow Link, I'd cheat and use Din's fire to win.
    What if the other you did the same thing?! Life? Or death? Or will you kill each other?!

Gingersnap If you were someone else, would you like you? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I were someone else but knew almost everything about my current self... somehow... I would ask her if I could play with her hair and she'd be like "YES IT FEELS SO GOOD THANK YOU" and I'd be like "OKAY, RIGHT?!" and then later it would be my turn and it would be awesooooome.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Magically Delicous If you were someone else, would you like you? Merlin's Avatar
    I don't think you can know what you would think of your current self if you were not you, as you would no longer be you and therefore your personality would not be your own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I don't think you can know what you would think of your current self if you were not you, as you would no longer be you and therefore your personality would not be your own.
    That's totally like, what I just said! High five!

Boxer of the Galaxy If you were someone else, would you like you? Rowan's Avatar
    So what you're saying is that if I was Che and Che was me, than it'd be no different than me being me and che being che?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast