Thread: If you run with scissors your going to get hurt

If you run with scissors your going to get hurt

Common sence is a traight that we all have yet don't always use. Confusious says never pee up hill or you end up with soiled shoes. This while funny is true yet there is someone every day that ends up with pee soaked shoes.

I recently had an accident involving a drill bit, a drill and my finger which resulted with an inch and a half of a drill bit protruding into one side of my finger and pushing the skin out on the other side. Bone infection, loss of movement and usage, and nerve damage resulted from the impact with a possiblity that I might not fully recover feeling or usage of that finger.

Common sence told me that it was stupid to do so before I even started to drill the part tht I was holding in my hand yet I did so anyways. I just wanted to mark it with the bit. Instead I marked it with the stain of my blood. Stupidity really.

So what have you done to that went against your own common sence and what was the result of it?
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! If you run with scissors your going to get hurt nickness89's Avatar

Re: If you run with scissors your going to get hurt

Climbing into a tumble dryer and asking someone to close the door ... Yes I knew that if it was to be turned on, I would probably die, I just wanted to see what it would be like to be in a tumble dryer with the door closed

When I worked as a pizza chef, I went to chop up mixed peppers, knowing full well that I can't chop those quite fast because I'm a perfectionist that hates vegetables to be chopped in different shapes and sizes. I proceed to try and chop at high speed (with a newly-sharpened biiiig knife) and knew that I would probably give myself a little slit. I ended up cutting through my thumbnail down to the bone, and it took me about a minute or two to get the knife out of my bone whilst in extreme pain, t'was horrifically stupid of me.

Also, when I was younger, stamping on an Alsatian's tail to see what would happen
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Hewerya love...? If you run with scissors your going to get hurt seanb's Avatar

When I was little, a puppy bit my willy. luckily it wasn't damaged. (the puppy I mean)
    Another time, I was skateboarding flat down on my belly, and the wheel went over my thumb.

These days, I'm much more careful; I skateboard properly, and always wear pants when in contact with puppies.

All is One.One is All. If you run with scissors your going to get hurt Firefly's Avatar

When I was about 10,me and my friends were in my mom's car,about to go the movies,and they dared me to stick my finger to the cigarette lighter for 20 bucks. And in the end..I did,even though I knew it was beyond stupidity. But hey,even though it hurt like a mother effer..I did get 20 bucks out of it
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Bananarama If you run with scissors your going to get hurt Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've done far too many stupid things to recall them. Needless to say, I've broken my nose 5 times, almost lost my eye twice, and probably should have split my skull open while doing backflips into a pool.

What I have learned:
    -I suck at skateboarding, and play fighting.
    -It takes 5 people to hold my arms back in a real fight... only then will I get punched... and it will bleed.
    -Running through trees and bushes while drunk is a HORRIBLE idea. Branches and bramble are dangerous.
    -I'm ****ing awesome at doing backflips into pools. I only ALMOST killed myself!
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Passing fair judgement If you run with scissors your going to get hurt Judge Magistrate's Avatar

I tried to vault over a metal bar when I was ten. The result was not pretty at all, that's all I can think of right now.
    None shall escape judgement, all shall fall by my blade.

My TFF family
    EveVanilla
    Firefly-The Greatest Little Sister Ever
    Ruin-My bro working in the military
    Nickness89-My brother from another mother
    angelmarie190515-My mentor and greatest older sister
    A Hero without a Name- My brother in arms
    Raven Zecht-Herald of what is to come
    LadyWinchester-The mistress of light and dark

-98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glued my fingers together with super glue. It was funny until not even hot, soapy water would part my fingers again. My fingers had sores for a few weeks afterwards.

Also, playing with lighters. I wanted to see what would happen to my nail once if I held it over a flame. Result wasn't pretty, and it was painful.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I'm like a sexy female Darth Vader If you run with scissors your going to get hurt motscroises's Avatar

I know someone who tried to iron his shirt while he was still wearing it. He got 3rd degree burns and had to go to the hospital.

As for me, I used to straighten my hair while it was stil wet. Bad bad baaaad idea.

Bananarama If you run with scissors your going to get hurt Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity View Post
    Glued my fingers together with super glue. It was funny until not even hot, soapy water would part my fingers again. My fingers had sores for a few weeks afterwards.
    I had something similar happen to me. Next time, use nail polish remover with acetone. It should come apart and the glue should dissolve relatively quickly.

Of course my mom had the one without[/B] acetone, but she swore it'd work just the same. A full bottle later, I was still stuck together.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Balaclavas on...let's go shopping!! If you run with scissors your going to get hurt nickness89's Avatar

Talking of playing with lighters, and I know this probably doesn't count because I was only 2 years old, but I was playing with my dad's matches after soaking my pyjama bottoms in deodorant and struck a match ... I went up in flames, and of course, my mother panicked and put me in cold water, which make the trousers stick to me left leg. I now have a huge scar over the side of my leg from top to bottom, and the only memory I have is waking up to a glass of milk in hospital.
    Favourite Lyric For Now:

"Don't be insecure if your heart is pure,
    You're still good to me if you're a Bad Kid, baby."

Lady Gaga

MY LOVING TFF FAMILY

TFF WIFEY - angelmarie190515
    MY FF TWIN - Firefly

TFF STEP-HUSBAND-IN LAW - Gilgamesh~Enkidu

BESTEST FRIEND - Judge Magistrate
    IRISHMAN IN THE PUB JOKES - seanb
    CANADIAN FRIEND - R.Kyra
    FELLOW SCOTSMAN - Aerif
    AUSSIENESS - NikkiLinkle

Crash Boom Bang If you run with scissors your going to get hurt Lily's Avatar

I've got absolutely no common sense whatsoever. I know fine well whatever Im thinking of doing is generally a stupid idea, but I do it anyway and hope for the best

This is the reason Im covered in random little scars, can't even remember how i got half of them anymore. I broke my arm fall off a house once, thinking it was a good idea to try to climb up the side of it.
    I went over the handle bars of my bike going down a steep cobbled hill, because that was never gunna end badly. Idiot.
    Touching things that are obviously going to be hot is one Im pretty good for, i do it just to see if it really is hot, or to test if its hot enough. I do the same with wet paint signs actually, i just cant resisit touching it, then i wonder why i get annoyed when i have paint on my fingers
    im just terminally stupid

Registered User If you run with scissors your going to get hurt Oneesan's Avatar

I was 16yrs old when I decided to ride with my friends to school one morning. It had been raining all night and there was a very adventurous teenage boy behind the wheel. My dumb a** decides to sit in the bed of the truck(bad idea). We turned a corner about half a mile from the school and ended up getting up close and personal with a very ticked off tree. That one HURT, a lot. I was let out of the hospital that same day, but was so banged up that I didn't EVER want to see a vehicle again. I still don't like driving on rainy days.

G'day If you run with scissors your going to get hurt NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was using the hand drill at work one day and somehow I got my shirt caught in the drill bit, whilst drilling something! That was scary. Ripped a huge hole in my shirt.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm usually pretty sensible lol.

Hewerya love...? If you run with scissors your going to get hurt seanb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    I was using the hand drill at work one day and somehow I got my shirt caught in the drill bit, whilst drilling something! That was scary. Ripped a huge hole in my shirt.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm usually pretty sensible lol.
    wow scary stuff.
    I know of people who have lost their arms from getting sleeves caught it pillar drills,

#LOCKE4GOD If you run with scissors your going to get hurt Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not really an example of me doing something against my common sense; this is 70% accident. But I decided to run and hurdle over a low (shin-height) chain that framed a playing field. Problem was my jump was too small, and I caught my foot on the chain.

Short story short, I landed forehead-first on concrete.

Next thing I remember I am being carried to a car. Next thing after that, being woken up by a doctor. To this day I don't know who was carrying me, how long it was between me landing and them picking me up, and how long it took to get to the doctor's. I'm not even sure what doctor it was (could've been one of two places). The third thing I remember is being home, and having a sore head. That was my final black out; been good ever since.