Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you could choose your own voice...

Air from my lungs. If you could choose your own voice... Violet's Avatar
    I wouldn't WANT to change my voice too much, because I think that some voices just don't fit how people look, at all. The only thing I'd change is how I slur my S's and I think I sound kinda nerdy. I hate hearing my own voice being played back on a recording, I sound ridiculous. But then, if I were to have this cute-sounding high pitched female voice, I don't think it would fit me.

I'd just want to sound less like a guy. It's annoying when I pick up my own cell phone and people think it's my brother answering because he's gotten a hold of it somehow...

But if I had to pick someone whose voice I wanted to mimic, it'd totally be Carol Channings. She has one of the coolest voices I've ever heard. If I could sound like her, it would be so much funnier when I crack jokes, and no one would mistake me for someone else.

If i could choose a voice, it would be either a voice that would blow people's heads off when I sing. Or a voice that when I say Hello to the ladies, they just all scream for me.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

If you could choose your own voice... Yuki-onna's Avatar
    Well, who wouldn't want the earthly sounding voice of Morgan Freeman. Seriosuly, I could desribe any daily household task and people would be enraptured. "Here I am, peeing on the toilet, a soft stream of urine tinkling gently into the bowl." People eat that up.

And it'd be semi neat slash weird having a 50 year old black mans voice coming out of a white chick in her twenties.

If only I didn't sound like Fran Drescher, I could go to college.
    I remember when you were happy with a RADISH.

If you could choose your own voice... Shan'do Spike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I don't talk. There are reasons, as there always are, but... My particular choice in vocabulary, my overcareful diction and somewhat nasal voice made me a target when I was around seven or eight. Since then, I've talked rarely and only when it was necessary. My father, a psychologist, always told me to ignore what my voice sounds like to me and imagine it to sound however I wanted. This advice proved useless and slightly ridiculous. However, I did give some thought to what voice I would like best...

I decided always that I wanted to sound like Jeremy Irons. lol? *shrugs* I don't. I sound more like...a nasal/creaky-voiced southern surfer dude. =/

At any rate, whose voice would you rather have, though?

-Sin
    Hah! My first thought when I saw this thread was "Man, I'd love to have Jeremy Irons's voice." And then I read your post.

Other considerations would be Brian Stokes Mitchell (amazing deep singing voice. Don Quixote in Man of La Mancha, Coalhouse Walker Jr. in Ragtime). Mandy Patinkin (he's a tenor, so he's a wuss, but an amazing voice. Che in Evita is the easiest one I can think of. Well, besides Inigo Montoya).

Those are definitely my top three.
    Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust
    Like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.

-Ferdinand, The Duchess of Malfi, V.V

Or give me some of that denzel
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Bananarama If you could choose your own voice... Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd love Beaker's voice from the muppets. mimimimi mi mimimimimimi!

Actually, I'm pretty happy with my voice, except for when I have a cold, cause then I sound super high. I'd say it sounds pretty normal, except for when someone gets me mad. Then it goes into full blown New York City accent. Just watch Goodfellas and you'll know what I mean.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Little Pandemonic Carnival If you could choose your own voice... Insufficient Mage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViviMasterMage View Post
    3. Gilbert Gottfried - I even hate this voice but just knowing that I could annoy people with this voice for the day just makes me smile.
    How dare you mock Gilbert? He has the voice of angels! ANGELS!

I would love if I could sound like him. Men and women would flock to me.

I will finish the hunt If you could choose your own voice... Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Angelina Jole hands down. I like Jennifer Tilly's voice too, but my husband says her voice is annoying. So at this point in my life.....right now. I would totally go with A.J. :-)

Sorry they made fun of you for that. I always heard it was normal for young men to have odd voices until well into their 20's or late teens. My son has a very high very irritating voice that he purposely uses....drives me nuts, but in a way it's those things about a person that you remember. Those kids were just dicks....at least it made you careful about your words. Not many people are these days. Including me. :-)

Edit: I sound like a little kid when I talk. I'm 23.
    Last edited by Cheesevixen; 12-10-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2