Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny

I will finish the hunt I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny

I didn't know whether this belonged in the general gaming area or general chat...so I decided to be safe and choose general chat.

Let me explain myself a little before I ask the question. I just so happen to be a girl that loves to play video games, and I just so happen to be extremely good at the fighting games. Not in button masher way..like MK..but in an actual good way. This was a way me and all my other bf's usually connected, and I have never had any issues with it.

A couple nights ago I was playing Tekken 5 with my betrothed, and I shall you say....repetitively kicked his butt. He got so frustrated he ended up getting out of his seat and pressing the power button. So from then on I have been dumbing myself down a bit when playing fighting games with him.I know I shouldn't, but it makes him happy thinking he can beat me at such a "manly" game, lol.

Now for the questions.
    *Are you a sore loser when you play vidgy games?
    *Have you ever had to (or wanted to) lose so that another player (or players) would feel better?
    *Do you think what happened was right?
    *Do you think how it was handled was right?
    *(Guys Only) Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in vidgy games?
    *(Girls Only) Do you ever do this to make the guys happy?
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Blog Entries
    See, I thought that this was a serious post and all, until you mentioned the fact that you beat your boyfriend in Tekken, and I immediately laughed. Anybody can win in Tekken, from my 80 year old grandma to my 3 year old shih-tzu. This is because the game encourages and rewards buttonmashing, and the very thought you menton that you good in fighting games, but not in the 'button masher' way completely contradicts the whole order of things. Anywho, I'm not here to make judgements, but if you can consistantly kick your boyfriend's ass in VF4:EVO and Third Strike, then that would be worth mentioning.

It depends on the situation. If I'm sitting at home playing on xbox live or just chilling with some friends, I could care less. If worse comes to worse and I am consistantly getting beaten down by the same person, then I usually try to take a step back and figure out why that is the case, or I'll ask them for tips, since they are (most likely) on a different level in playing then I am. If it is in a tournament scene, where money/pride is on the line, then hell yeah I'm gonna try my damndest to win. If I lose, I'll probably be down on myself, but I'm never going to get upset about it. It's all about learning how to outplay your opponents.

*Have you ever had to (or wanted to) lose so that another player (or players) would feel better?

Not unless I'm really bored or just want to stop playing period. If I keep beating the player again and again, I will usually try different tactics or make an innovative strategy that I would not normally do, and if it works out, then I would add it into my strats. If someone wants to repeatedly play against me, then they want to become better, so I will give them that opportunity by doing my best against them. Who wouldn't want to get better at something?

Me beating them? Well, in a simple math equation, yes, because the world would be all kinds of screwed up if x>y just some of the time, then x<y at different times. If you are talking about in a moral acceptable standard, I think that is impossible to judge, because I think the way we see what is 'right' and what the universe sees as 'right' can be two different things.

Again, that is very subjective, however I will say that I wouldn't have became as good in games if I wasn't consistantly challenged and/or beaten all the time.

For the record, I will never be beaten by any girl in a shooting game, and I will never be beaten by anyone in general in the specific games of Snowboard Kids for the N64, or Soul Calibur 2 on any system. (just don't be a fag and use spawn/heihachi/link) That is just how it is.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

persona user I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny foster kid's Avatar
    Are you a sore loser when you play vidgy games? only when i know i can win and i talk so much trash that i become overconfident and lose
    *Have you ever had to (or wanted to) lose so that another player (or players) would feel better? yes i have lost just so the other person could feel better... but they did the same for me so ...
    *Do you think what happened was right? i don't think it was right to turn it off but i understand his male ego was hurt but still shouldn't turn the game off
    *Do you think how it was handled was right? yes i think you handled it right. but just don't do it all the time just build up his confidence up and he will hopefully get better so you won't have to hold back anymore
    *(Guys Only) Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in vidgy games? vidgy games!? hmm........lol... i do feel like doing it if she just can't seem to get a hold of the game. so i allow her to beat me to build up confidence then i try to show her how it is done and help anyway i can and when she gets a hold of it i take the training wheels off ...lol
    well hope this helps yo

The fighting rages on and on, to challange me you must be strong

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

I will finish the hunt I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    See, I thought that this was a serious post and all, until you mentioned the fact that you beat your boyfriend in Tekken, and I immediately laughed. Anybody can win in Tekken, from my 80 year old grandma to my 3 year old shih-tzu. This is because the game encourages and rewards buttonmashing, and the very thought you menton that you good in fighting games, but not in the 'button masher' way completely contradicts the whole order of things.
    So because I played a button masher game "in your opinion" that somehow takes away from the fact I can play well? Two completely different paragraphs and you gather that I base my whole video game experience on one night of Tekken? So much for comprehensive reading.

Maybe I didn't explain myself completely. I haven't dealt with a guy who wasn't appreciative that I could handle my own when gaming.Tekken really had nothing to do with it, but whatever. I just like being descriptive.

For the record, I will never be beaten by any girl in a shooting game
    BAH! Although we will probably never witness the event; I have to scoff at such a bold comment.

I invented Go-Gurt. I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny Clint's Avatar
    No, it's just a game. The only reasons sore losers have temper tantrums when they lose at a video game is because they take the game far too seriously. Video games were created for leisure. Anybody who takes them so seriously that they throw tantrums over a loss needs to grow up.

It's not my problem if somebody can't beat me. Although, I'm not good at video games, so I would probably be the one that somebody else was losing on purpose to.

I think what happened was a form of regression. Your fiancé, like a typical male, resorted back to childhood tantrums when things didn't go his way. Women do it too, only instead of throwing tantrums, they cry.

I think that your fiancé should grow up and face the fact that it's only a game. Just because he's immature, doesn't mean that you have to purposely resort to losing just to build his low self-esteem... Jesus, I'm kind of mean.

*(Guys Only) Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in vidgy games?
    Anybody can play video games. It's not restricted to one sex or the other. There isn't much skill involved in pressing buttons on a controller to make a little virtual character do tricks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesevixen View Post
    So because I played a button masher game "in your opinion" that somehow takes away from the fact I can play well? Two completely different paragraphs and you gather that I base my whole video game experience on one night of Tekken? So much for comprehensive reading.
    See, the funny thing is as soon as one mentions the words "good", "games", "tekken", all comprehension goes out the window. This is due to the fact that any Tekken game lacks all of the above. Now that you have put yourself on the pedistal, what fighting games are you as good as you claim to be? I'm just curious.

Maybe I didn't explain myself completely. I haven't dealt with a guy who wasn't appreciative that I could handle my own when gaming.Tekken really had nothing to do with it, but whatever. I just like being descriptive.
    I appreciate you taking the time to play and become a competitive female individual in the fighting game genre, and I'm being sincere. It's cool to know that you can hang with the guys. If you like tekken and are looking for a challenging yet rewarding fighting game, you should try Virtua Fighter 5, which is out on both the xbox360 and PS3.

BAH! Although we will probably never witness the event; I have to scoff at such a bold comment.
    Tell you what, since I mainly play Halo 3, everytime I play a girl online, regardless of what game I'm playing, I will post the game link in this thread, and we can count up all the girls that I end up outplaying at H3. Sounds fair?

Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Blog Entries
    See, the funny thing is as soon as one mentions the words "good", "games", "tekken", all comprehension goes out the window.
    That made me laugh because in part I know you are right. I, however, find a lot of joy in some "button masher" games regardless of skill. Who doesn't? Take Katamari Damacy for example.....there is no real "skill" involved, but it tickles the fancy of many.

I appreciate you taking the time to play and become a competitive female individual in the fighting game genre, and I'm being sincere. It's cool to know that you can hang with the guys. If you like tekken and are looking for a challenging yet rewarding fighting game, you should try Virtua Fighter 5, which is out on both the xbox360 and PS3.
    Never heard of that game >>. I just own a PS2 lol. Pitiful, yes...but....no...there are almost no good PS2 games anymore....

Tell you what, since I mainly play Halo 3, everytime I play a girl online, regardless of what game I'm playing, I will post the game link in this thread, and we can count up all the girls that I end up outplaying at H3. Sounds fair?
    I would not begin to know how to track something like that. >< You just love making things difficult. If you have a way than, deal.

tell something , what is wwe smackdown vs raw classified as? fighting? or does it have its own catagory

Proud Member of METAL MILITA....join me and we will rule the world....or at least tff

Well it all depends on what game and who I'm playing with.

If I am honestly playing with my friends, I wont throw a match for them (if lets say we are playing a fighting game). I have played games with girls I know, and I never really threw the match, I may have gone a bit easier on them.

I can go into a situation though on a game someone got mad at that I was winning. Also to keep it short, I'll make it short. Friend got mad at me because he thought he was better then me at a game he actually plays, since I don't own a 360...I still won, he got mad turned the console off and walked outside lol. Now first off I will tell someone that, if I get a chance to play ANY game, I will be good at it in time. I think it went well, his fault for overreacting.

Another moment I had to lose a game to make someone not mad. Simple as it sounds, it can be hard to throw anything in terms of a match. In Jedi Academy while doing trials for people wanting to join, you were told to throw a match for some people to see how they do...let me tell you, it's hard as hell to throw a match while trying to make it look like you are trying to win. Or in a fighting game, I have thrown a match to yes a girl once. I told her, she got a kick out of it.

I don't think anyone needs a leg up in video games. Anyone can get good at them, or at least decent. If I'm playing a game with a girl and she doesn't really play and wants to and asks me to stop kicking her ass, I will.

im a freakin bad a$$ on smackdown vs raw so it is real hard for me to take it easy on anyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesevixen View Post
    That made me laugh because in part I know you are right. I, however, find a lot of joy in some "button masher" games regardless of skill. Who doesn't? Take Katamari Damacy for example.....there is no real "skill" involved, but it tickles the fancy of many.
    Agreed. Although I like competitive games, there is nothing more fun than playing a random fun game until the wee hours of the morning. You get that sense of accomplishing absolutely nothing, but you can't get the stupid grin off your face.

Never heard of that game >>. I just own a PS2 lol. Pitiful, yes...but....no...there are almost no good PS2 games anymore....
    If you ever come across the games "Virtua Fighter 4:Evolution", "Soul Calibur 2", or "Marvel vs Capcom 2", then I would urge you to buy them! You could probably get all 3 of them for less than $40. They're good games, a lot of people play them, and just having them at your home shelf instantly boosts a woman's hawtness points by like +50.

I would not begin to know how to track something like that. >< You just love making things difficult. If you have a way than, deal.
    I'll give you an example link.

Halo 3 Game Details

lets see, I played vs Golden Girl and mopped the floor with her and her team. She wasn't that bad btw, her teammates sucked and I was just playing extremely well that night. Considering she thinks shes good enough to charge people to be on her friend's list, I would say that was a good win.

Rocky-1, Girls on xbl- 0
    Last edited by Rocky; 03-05-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Asking all the personal questions. I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries

Yes i can be at times when i have worked so hard to finish a race or so close to winning a fight a one small little thing slips me up and i lose i go mental sometimes other times i just shrug it off.

No not generally if i am a better player than someone i am versing. I usually give them a few hints and them out a bit maybe give them a few secrets or two hoping that might help them out.

No to both parties, i don't think your partner should have cracked the shits after all it is only a video game. My wife kicks my ass at some games and it doesn't worry me. Although it i is in a males nature to be dominant and they feel threatened when females overpower them just like when a female is the main bread earner in the family some men feel threatened and jealous because it is a mans instincts to provide for his family. And i don't think you should have dumbed down for him, a woman should not have to dumb down for a mans benifit at all.

Your partner could have not been such a sore loser like i said before it is just a game and so what if a woman is better than him he should be proud that he has a wife that is bloody good at video games and kick a mans ass in a fighting game lol.

*(Guys Only) Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in video games?

No i don't but sometimes i am jealous if i think i am good at a game and some one comes along and beats me but that will only make me work harder at becoming better. And After all there is always someone better than ourselves out there.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

アズテオル I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny Azuteor's Avatar
    Are you a sore loser when you play video games?

I used to. I didn't like how people accused me of screen looking and cheating regardless if I did it or not. I admit I did a little screen looking now and then. My friends and I would get a little testy with each other. There were times when my team would constantly lose to the opposing team that we eventually got bored and wanted to go home.

As we matured, it got less and less. We enjoy the time we have being with friends and scream as much as we want to. I try to avoid competitive games, but they don't pose a problem when we play fairly and respect each others ability.

Have you ever had to (or wanted to) lose so that another player (or players) would feel better?

It doesn't really help the other person by doing that. It would be better to offer advice and practice so the player will improve in time.

I had this happen to me before when I wasn't doing so well in games like Halo 3, heck even in sports! It's not a good thing to do. I enjoy working with another person than going against them.

Do you think what happened was right? Do you think how it was handled was right?

I'm not so sure exactly. You and I may have a different opinion of right and wrong.

All I can say is give him advice and inform him of how you play the game. If there comes a time that your loved one is frustrated, pause the game, and take a break.

Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in video games?

I did at one time, but it never worked out as I thought it would. I figured the reason is because I undermined her ability as a player. I actually like it when a girl goes out of her way to play video games. I think it's awesome!

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *Are you a sore loser when you play video games?
    No. Why should I be? The person I played won fair and square, and I will always have another chance to kick their ass. Afterall, it IS just a game.

Pfft, no! If I can help it, I go for the win. At the end of the day, it can only go two ways - you win or you lose. It doesn't matter if I lose - and so it shouldn't matter to anyone else who plays.

In your case you mean? Hell no! He was in the wrong, and you should have continued to mash his ass. Eventually, he would win and be all in your face about it.

Haha, he acted like my brother when he loses a game. XD

No lol. See above.

Guys and girls should be treated the same when playing games. It is just a game, and if a guy or a girl wins, good on them! None of this... guy vs girl crap. Girls make good enough players as it is... maybe even better than guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    For the record, I will never be beaten by any girl in a shooting game.
    Hah! Play me, and you'll have to edit that post! How about it Cheesevixen? Shall we taken him on?
    Last edited by Unknown Entity; 03-05-2009 at 02:42 PM.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

I'm stepping in, I am better then Rocky, my title says it.

2v2, me and Rocky vs you 2, give a game and you will lose at it.

Maridia
    Not really, I'm actually very good at games when I buckle down and play them and can roll with the best especially in fps' and Madden. But no when I go down I get mad if it's not my night but I won't make excuses like some people

Have you ever had to (or wanted to) lose so that another player (or players) would feel better?
    I used to as a kid for my brother. I would kick his ass in Halo and Goldeneye alot and he'd be screaming throwing shit across the room so I would shoot but shoot really slow and strafe around blindfiring to make it seem like he was evading me well.

Do you think what happened was right?
    Now that I look at it no, but he at one point got on a high horse about his skills and I told him and he didn't believe me so I reenacted what I would always do and he ripped the game out of the Xbox and hasn't played me at a game to this day

Do you think how it was handled was right?
    For either of us? No, he's too high strung so he gets mad about stuff that people should brush off. And as for me no I should have always been kicking his ass at games, though I wasn't so competitive so that's why I didn't care if I lost cause I still knew I was good when it came down to it.

(Guys Only) Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in video games
    No, if someone is new to a game I'll ge easy male or female cause they don't know it. But once things are in motion I'll come full force and whatever happens happens. Girls can be just as good as guys, I mean games are all about reflexes and control. Some of the top players in Halo are a couple girls so yeah, everyone gets an equal shot, just gotta want it bad enough.

Are you a sore loser when you play vidgy games?

No. Win or lose, I had a good time. I'll also try to see why I'm losing and what I can do to improve. If I can't figure it out, I'll ask to see if they know why I'm losing. And it's not as fun if you're always winning. The most fun games are played against people of about equal skill, when each player could either win or lose. It's the actual playing that makes it fun; the end result of winning just makes it a little more satisfying.

No. If they're that much worse than me, I'll give them tips instead. Giving someone a goal to reach is, in my opinion, much better. In the case of me being better than someone, beating me is that goal. They can see how much better I am if I play at my best. They can see how much they need to improve. I'll help them to know what they can do to close the gap if they need that help.

Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in vidgy games?

Male, female, both, neither, old, young. Doesn't matter. Put the effort in and you'll get results.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Not normally, as I tend to be mediumly skilled these days. I used to be better, but I don't get as much time to game these days so my skill level's dropped from lack of practice. The exception is when a winner starts acting like an asshole for an extended period of time which is why I LOVE playing games in the same room as the person I'm playing with. Last time I was playing Halo 3 co-op with my mate, he acted the asshole and kept shooting guys on our side til they turned on us while he was out of the area. I asked him to stop a few times and then punched his shoulder that hard he couldn't use his left analog too well.

Good times.

I have a few times, usually with younger relatives.

Yeah, so long as everyone's having fun, it's all good. When people get too serious about gaming victory I really start to wonder about them. It was a big thing when we were all kids, but now?

Yeah. Being too competitive lowers group enjoyment half the time, especially when someone won't shut up and starts slinging uncopious amounts of abuse. Luckily xbl has that beloved mute feature.

Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in video games?

I think *some* girls need a leg up, just as I feel some guys do. And I know some girl gamers who can hand me my ass, especially at Street Fighter or other games where skinnier more dexiterous hands are a definete advantage when stringing combos.

On the plus side, we play SFIV now and since I'm the only one who's handled a 360 controller for so long I seem to have the current advantage. So long as whoever's xbox we play on has Cammy unlocked. I'm also decent with Vega though I've found...
    victoria aut mors

I accept easily enough, but depending on the other person's attitude and reaction, I can get plenty mad. I know very well that I am a horrible fighting game player, so it doesn't usually bother me too much if I lose. It can't be helped if every other person in the world is better than me. If my opponent ends up dissing me over the losses or bragging too much though, I kind of go ape shit and swear them out. So if you're not at least a little nice or modest when you win, don't play with me. -.-

This isn't usually a situation I come across, unless the game is Katamari Damaci or Guitar Hero. If the other player isn't that good and feels bad about it, I'll give them some advice about how to play, and go easier. Winning isn't an important thing to me when it comes to video games, so if the other person gets really down, I'll just lose.

Yes if it's someone letting someone else win to help make them feel better and giving them tips. No if it's someone being a jerk about winning or a sore loser.

If we're talking about your situation though, then I'd say your boyfriend is too competitive. Unless you were trash talking him and being mean about your victory, he shouldn't have been so dramatic about the whole thing.

For your situation, sure. It's what I would have done in that case, since there seems to be nothing else you could have done to make him feel better.

Only if they're being really depressed about it, which they usually aren't. The guys just get more competitive and make me play with them for hours until they've won. In cases like that, I don't give even a little, because I get caught up in their spirit too. It's my female friends that end up saying they suck and getting mopey about losing too many times, and I do let them win if I can't cheer them up otherwise.

Are you a sore loser when you play vidgy games?
    I'm not competative, I've never had the motivation to "own" people unless they do something that really annoys me. On example would be on WoW: I saw an Alliance Mage on my Horde Rogue who was much lower level than me so I left them alone. 5 Minutes later I see they ganked a lvl 18 Hunter, never saw them again but if I did I would have ganked them.

However last night in a different area a paladin came and tried to gank me but I escaped. He came back later but got me so I logged onto my 80 Warlock and went to the Alliance town and camped him... logged out and 5 hours later when I logged back in I saw his corpse still there. Teach him to touch my alt.

Yeah, if they can keep up with me I will do something to gimp myself or what not.

Yeah its understandable.

Why wouldn't it be?

(Guys Only) Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in vidgy games?
    I don't think gender matters, going back to WoW theres a few females in my guild and they're just as capable as everybody else. I think the only thing is most people don't see girls as gamers in general but I feel it depends on the person not the gender.

Govinda
    I sometimes find myself playing up to the female stereotype of being crap at games around men. But that's just because I'm a floozy.

i was playing smackdown vs raw 2009 the other day and my girl wanted to play me.and because of my own arrogance i said sure ok. and for the first 5 matches i beat the tar out of her it was baaaaaaad. and she looked like she was gettin all upset and she said fine this is the last match if i loose ill stop playin for today but i win then you have to hook up the ps2 for me so i can play what i want....now the arrogance...... i said ok if thats what you want. so we are playing the last match and i was of course wining .....then out of no where she counters my finisher and did hers to me and got a chair, beat the mess out of me till she got another finisher, and and and(sniff) she friggin beat me!!!!!!!! and after i hooked up the ps2 she let me know that for the past month she has been playin that when i go to sleep just to beat me and the 5 wins.....here is the kick in the sack.... she was not fighting back.....so she let me win

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by foster kid
    i was playing smackdown vs raw 2009 the other day and my girl wanted to play me.and because of my own arrogance i said sure ok. and for the first 5 matches i beat the tar out of her it was baaaaaaad. and she looked like she was gettin all upset and she said fine this is the last match if i loose ill stop playin for today but i win then you have to hook up the ps2 for me so i can play what i want....now the arrogance...... i said ok if thats what you want. so we are playing the last match and i was of course wining .....then out of no where she counters my finisher and did hers to me and got a chair, beat the mess out of me till she got another finisher, and and and(sniff) she friggin beat me!!!!!!!! and after i hooked up the ps2 she let me know that for the past month she has been playin that when i go to sleep just to beat me and the 5 wins.....here is the kick in the sack.... she was not fighting back.....so she let me win

Your girlfriend rocks! *sends her a high-five*

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Aww yeah! I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny Wolf's Avatar
    A small town on the outskirts of Madtown, WI
    I'll admit, I do sometimes get a little upset when I lose, but not that often. The only time I'm a serious sore loser is when I'm playing sports games against my friends and we get too competitive and whenever I lose i end up getting mad. On a side note about this, I know a friend of mine who used to play an older baseball game for PS2 (MVP 05 if I remember correctly) a lot with his bro alot, and whenever he'd lose 70% of the time he'd throw the controler at his bro and almost end up getting into a fist fight with him, and when they do get into fist fights, sometimes their mom gets involved in the fight to try and break them up. I've seen it happen between them once and I try so hard not to laugh at it.

Yes I have, I remember a couple times I was playing Soulcalibur 3 with my younger cousin, and he wasn't that good at the game so I purposely let him perfect me a couple times and would also purposely "ring out" myself and just lie to him and say that my hand slipped, or the controls got stuck or something.

Yeah, except for the part about me lying to my cousin

Yes, I believe so, in my opinion. In the last question, my younger cousin would always like to win, it gives him something to be happy about and he wouldn't get mad at me when he'd lose.

Not really, unless they are fairly new to gaming and need some tips or additional help on controls or other assistance.
    Last edited by Wolf; 03-09-2009 at 05:07 PM.

A special shout out to my amazing TFF Family:
    Little Moogle, Darkwolf, kung fu kitty, Shadowknight241, Anachronism, Fishie,
    H.U.N.K., lazyboy708, guado_gal Dark One, Martin, TheHasteChocobo

Soup Kitchen Jerk. I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny Polk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    See, I thought that this was a serious post and all, until you mentioned the fact that you beat your boyfriend in Tekken, and I immediately laughed. Anybody can win in Tekken, from my 80 year old grandma to my 3 year old shih-tzu.
    Haha. One more reason why Rocky is a hero amongst mere men.

When I was a wee Polk, I was. Controllers were thrown, as were tantrums, blood was shed. Okay not really blood, but I had to spice this up somehow. But then I realized, ho shit, it's just a game.

The only good thing about playing games with others is to mercilessly taunt them when you defeat them. I don't care about your feelings. If I kick your ass at Hello Kitty Island Adventure, you better be damn sure I'm gonna let you know.

Yes. Always. Wait what?

(Guys Only) Do you ever feel like doing this because you believe girls need a leg up in video games?

No. It's perfectly fine for girls to sit down normally when they play games.

Think about that one.
    Last edited by Polk; 03-08-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

My ex used to get such a kick out of sniping me in Halo before I even knew wtf was going on. I'd let her kill me a majority of the time though. I'd let her win in fighting games a lot too.

I think from a guy's perspective I'd love to be challenged by a girl I'm in a relationship with in a video game, any game as long as it's fun. But yes, I've gimped myself on purpose to let a girlfriend win.

Friends, however, get no mercy, ever. I'm highly competitive, in any game, any setting, any environment, including life, school, careers, ect.

what the hell is goin on here!?? my birthday was saturday (22 now) and i got madden 09 and i was playing it sunday night and she comes walkin in and she said" baby im bored, could i play with you?" i said sure baby and we started playin. i was gonna revenge for the wrestling thing. she picked the chiefs...... the dam chiefs!... i picked my created team the Kansas City Psychos. game start..... she recieved the ball first, and on the return i made her fumble the ball and i picked up the ball and ran it back for a touchdown. i kicked her the ball again and she ran it back. the very next play she threw a interception that i ran back for a touch down....14-0... the next drive... she made 70 yards and threw another interception. the 50 yard line.. the verry first offensive play for me, i throw a touchdown...21-0....lets fast forward to late 3rd quarter... its 41-2.....she just saked me in the end zone for a saftey.. i kick her the ball and she makes it to the 45 and she put together a 6 play drive and ..touchdown....41-10she went for 2 ponts..she decides to onside kick it and i didn't see it comein and she recovers it and her next play she ran with her qb and she almost was sacked but she tossed it to a runnig back after 6 yards and .....went all the way touchdown.....she got the 2 extra points again....41-18.. fast forward to 3 min left in the game..... 45-35..... she has all three timeouts left, i have the ball and once again my ego gets the best of me and instead of running the clock down i try to put the game away and get a td...well i get 2 first downs and its lookin good.... i throw a perfect pass and i think i goin all the way until, out of no where she hit me like a mack truck and (not only) injured my reciever but made him fumble and she recovered it.20 yard line she has 80 yards to go in 2:23 and three time outs still........her first play a pass which i seen comng was a 30 yard pass for a first down and she got out to stop the clock. 2:18 on the 50. i sack her the next three plays so now its 4th down 1:47. of course she goes for it and throws a 40 yard pass and ran the rest of the way for a TD and she got the 2 exta points....45-43.. 1:35 she trys the onside kick but i get it this time.. and i realize its time to run clock out so i do ..... 3rd down...1:00 she used all her time outs and i have to punt... bad punt only goes 30 yards before goin out.so she has the ball on the 45.. she throws two passes and a run for 22 yards to the 33 yard line 25 sec left .. i think i migh t have it... she throws a 9 yard pass and couldn't get out to stop the clock....15 sec left she is going to try to make a field goal from 24 yard line.... she hikes the ball with one second left... she missed the field goal !!!!! i won i won ......FLAG ON THE PLAY false start on the defence 5 yard penalty still second down....well she gets a second chance and from the 19 yard line .......this time she nails it........ ball game she beats me by one friggin point.... she was happy as hell but i was speachless .. what is happining to me i use to be the man at games.....

Registered User I Will Beat You And It Will Be Funny Yesha's Avatar
    *Are you a sore Loser when you pLay vidgy games?
    -In some cases..

*Have you ever had to (or wanted to) Lose so that another pLayer (or pLayers) wouLd feeL better?
    -Yup.. especiaLLy when pLaying with my younger cousins..

-Yeah.. Let's give chance to others.. hahaha!

*Do you think how it was handLed was right?
    -Yup.. I think so..

-Huh? Mmm.. Not reaLLy.. :-)
    Last edited by Yesha; 03-11-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

i feel kinda bad today cause its my friends birthday today and he came over to hang out and he brung his tiger woods 07...i know old.... and he wanted to play it and beat me .... well we played 18 holes and i won over 9 of them he had 4 overall points and i had 7 so i beat him on his birthday .........thats why i feel bad... should i have let him win?

Quote Originally Posted by foster kid View Post
    what the hell is goin on here!?? my birthday was saturday (22 now) and i got madden 09 and i was playing it sunday night and she comes walkin in and she said" baby im bored, could i play with you?" i said sure baby and we started playin. i was gonna revenge for the wrestling thing. she picked the chiefs...... the dam chiefs!... i picked my created team the Kansas City Psychos. game start..... she recieved the ball first, and on the return i made her fumble the ball and i picked up the ball and ran it back for a touchdown. i kicked her the ball again and she ran it back. the very next play she threw a interception that i ran back for a touch down....14-0... the next drive... she made 70 yards and threw another interception. the 50 yard line.. the verry first offensive play for me, i throw a touchdown...21-0....lets fast forward to late 3rd quarter... its 41-2.....she just saked me in the end zone for a saftey.. i kick her the ball and she makes it to the 45 and she put together a 6 play drive and ..touchdown....41-10she went for 2 ponts..she decides to onside kick it and i didn't see it comein and she recovers it and her next play she ran with her qb and she almost was sacked but she tossed it to a runnig back after 6 yards and .....went all the way touchdown.....she got the 2 extra points again....41-18.. fast forward to 3 min left in the game..... 45-35..... she has all three timeouts left, i have the ball and once again my ego gets the best of me and instead of running the clock down i try to put the game away and get a td...well i get 2 first downs and its lookin good.... i throw a perfect pass and i think i goin all the way until, out of no where she hit me like a mack truck and (not only) injured my reciever but made him fumble and she recovered it.20 yard line she has 80 yards to go in 2:23 and three time outs still........her first play a pass which i seen comng was a 30 yard pass for a first down and she got out to stop the clock. 2:18 on the 50. i sack her the next three plays so now its 4th down 1:47. of course she goes for it and throws a 40 yard pass and ran the rest of the way for a TD and she got the 2 exta points....45-43.. 1:35 she trys the onside kick but i get it this time.. and i realize its time to run clock out so i do ..... 3rd down...1:00 she used all her time outs and i have to punt... bad punt only goes 30 yards before goin out.so she has the ball on the 45.. she throws two passes and a run for 22 yards to the 33 yard line 25 sec left .. i think i migh t have it... she throws a 9 yard pass and couldn't get out to stop the clock....15 sec left she is going to try to make a field goal from 24 yard line.... she hikes the ball with one second left... she missed the field goal !!!!! i won i won ......FLAG ON THE PLAY false start on the defence 5 yard penalty still second down....well she gets a second chance and from the 19 yard line .......this time she nails it........ ball game she beats me by one friggin point.... she was happy as hell but i was speachless .. what is happining to me i use to be the man at games.....

That story was horrendous to read. ... is not a valid form of punctuation. >.>;;

but....

it....

made...

me....

laugh....

l...o...l...

<.<;

I had a rl chick kick my ass in pvp in WoW the other day. It was pretty bad. Every time I ran into her I died instantly.
    Last edited by Sean; 03-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast