Thread: "I know way too many people here right now that I didn’t know last year.."

Blog Entries

"I know way too many people here right now that I didn’t know last year.."

but seriously, who the **** are yall?

[/Drake]

Have you ever had those wierd awkward experiences where someone who you don't know or may barely know of comes up and talks to you like you guys are old friends? Are those awkward for you as they are for me?

I had a couple recent experiences with those. First, it was after church and the asian ministry were having a Laos style lunch going on in the gym, so my brother and I went with my grandparents because I dont pass up free food like that We're sitting down eating and this overly friendly older lady comes up and asks all of us how were doing. THEN she wants to shake my hand while I'm eating, and right after that she decides to keep rubbing my back. Keep in mind that I have no idea who this lady is. She then talks to my grandpa like theyre old friends, shows family pictures, etc. Turns out my grandpa met her like twice and now everyone is bff, go figure. (he's even wierded out by it a bit haha)

Another one was like not as funny but still kinda awkward. At this wedding I was in about a month or so ago, there was some woman that the bride knew so she came back and talked to her and all the bridesmaids, then she said "Hi Andrew how are you doing?" to me. I guess she was in one of my classes but I never have gone out of my way to talk to her, other then me answering questions in class. I didn't even know her name!

Anybody else have funny awkward stories, or just know the feeling I'm throwing out there?
    Last edited by Rocky; 11-09-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Re: "I know way too many people here right now that I didn’t know last year.."

Sometimes, but I talk to people now that I'm really close with that I never thought I would before. If I think about seeing them in the past, I never would have thought I would be friends with them now. It happens all the time, so now it's a matter of "who will it be this time?" I try to guess.
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 11-09-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I've experienced people knowing my name and remembering me when I didn't remember them. "Hey Tom!" "Hey... you!" "...do you know that person?" "No."

There was also this one person recently who used come down to my house and play with me when he'd visit his grandmother, who lived down the street. I recall playing with him a handful of times back between like 95 and... 98 or 99. Hadn't seen him in like at least ten years, when he comes back and wants to see me. I agreed, thinking we'd get together and reminisce about old times a little bit. No, he thought we were like best friends, and claimed that we'd "grown up together." When he met my friends, he also tried to be best friends with them, even though they either didn't know him at all, or vaguely knew him through Renaissance Fair.

Didn't take long for him to wear out his welcome with everyone; he was very demanding of our attention, particularly the girls', which was especially innappropriate when the majority of them are married or dating. One friend told me he tried to add him on XBox Live, even though they had never met or talked, because he was a friend of mine. They had some strange interactions about it that creeped my friend out, and I'm not even sure how he got my friend's handle, as I don't have an XBox, and I've never talked with him about this particular friend to my knowledge. But anyway, I haven't seen the guy in a while. Last I heard from him, he asked me what I was doing for Halloween, I think. I told him I didn't know, and he was like "Okay, just wondering." Guess he has caught on to the fact that I'm not really a fan of his company anymore. (Although I find it kind of odd that he asked me what I was doing for Halloween, yet apparently didn't have any desire to hang out that night like one might expect.) Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I went to a friend's funeral last year. I knew about half the people there, as we'd had a few birthday parties and such with them, but everyone else seemed to know more about me than I knew them. During the sending off party afterwards, some guy who I've never met before in my life, came up to me and my brother, and talked to us as if we've been friends for years.

Weird: During the burial, a bald guy came up to me too to start a conversation as if we've met before. On the way to the party, he was driving a nice, silver convertible, and followed us most of the way home. Day or so later, he's on the run for murder and is all over the news. @_@

There's also this weird dude who obviously lives around my area who always says hello to me. I think he's mental. Anyway... I thought he was just someone who worked where my mum used to work, so I'd wave and say hi back. Turns out... mum doesn't know him either, after this one time she was with me when he walked passed. o.o;

I felt like I didn't know anyone during my schooling. Moving from Primary to Secondary, then to College... met loads of new people.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

While I was walking home one day, some stranger man actually stopped me and greeted me, saying he's seen me walk past quite a few times.

....Okay? That's nice? Leave me alone and mind your own business please? Kthx.

It's like, why did he decide right then to say something instead of just minding his own business? Meh.

And then there was this one time in Highschool. Some cholo came up to me and was like sup homes, it's me man.

I'm like.. who the **** are you? (Or rather, I just kind of ignored him.)

I think he said something like "Oh I know how it is." and kinda wandered off. Never seen him since. Whatever.

I unfortunately get that quite often. It is a bane of working in the food industry for many years. Random people come up and think I'm someone they new from high school, college, church, etc. I don't have the heart to tell them they most likely met me when I was serving them food or taking their money... I saw literally thousands of people every day so I've briefly met a large section of the population... do I know any of them? Nope.

I had someone send me a friend request who claimed they knew me, and we went to the same school, in the same class, had the same friends, even had a sleepover at hers once and I'm ..................

She keeps talking to me like I'm her best friend, and my mind is a total blank, I can NOT remember this girl at all, even know a year on we chat away but I still can't remember her, but I feel to rude to say so.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

Shake it like a polaroid picture RagnaToad's Avatar

Does anyone have those kind of people of whom you're not sure if you should greet them or not? Like friends of friends. You both know who the other one is, but are you supposed to say hi...

Also, it's awkward when you know a person well enough that you'll say hi, but that person starts slowing down to have a conversation, and you just keep walking. Awkward for both parties.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Blog Entries

I have people that walk up to me all the time, and say "Hey Josh how you doing?" I get a confused look like who the f*ck are you and why are you talking to me.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Registered User CloudvsLightning's Avatar

Only on Facebook has that ever really happened to me. Some guy three years older than me contacted me on fb and I only vaguely remembered him from when I was little and used to chase him around. Then there were two others who I never evev heard of who just randomly sent friend requests and I'm like who the hell are you? Nothing major.

"One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them -"

"Hey dude! Wrong place! This isn't The Lord of the Rings."

"Really? Are you sure . . . I mean . . ."

"I'm sure now go! Yeah now get out of the spotlight. I have some Deepground soldiers to shoot."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad
    Does anyone have those kind of people of whom you're not sure if you should greet them or not? Like friends of friends. You both know who the other one is, but are you supposed to say hi...

Also, it's awkward when you know a person well enough that you'll say hi, but that person starts slowing down to have a conversation, and you just keep walking. Awkward for both parties.
    I kinda had this yesterday. I was walking through a carpark when a car honks at me. I wasn't in the way of it, so I just looked sideways at the driver. No idea who it was, so I look at the front passenger, and it's my ex-girlfriend. I sort of slow down to say hi, but she's on the other side of the car, and he's about to pull out onto the road. He looks at me and starts to slow down, but by then I've sped up.

As for random people talking to you... has anybody considered the possibility that they're just being nice? I like saying hi to people on the street. Especially old people, because they have too many preconceptions of my generation, and people with long hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Victoria
    While I was walking home one day, some stranger man actually stopped me and greeted me, saying he's seen me walk past quite a few times.

....Okay? That's nice? Leave me alone and mind your own business please? Kthx.

It's like, why did he decide right then to say something instead of just minding his own business? Meh.
    He was being nice. [/MYSTERY]

I'll make you famous Rydia Lover's Avatar

i was alot closer to people here a couple of years ago more than i am now.

probably because i cant get on as much now
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermetal
    But I think this girl is uber hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour.Delirium
    You ARE my number one, Rydia Lover. <3
    current games playing:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Assassins Creed Revolutions
    Saints Row: The Third
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Blog Entries

This started happening to me whenever I got my license and went out job hunting, mainly in grocery stores.

Some person working the checkout line would stop me, go "Hey! What's up?!" and I'd sorta pretend they didn't exist, mumble something that resembled hello (closer sounder to hellurg) and walk away quickly. Afterward, my mom or whoever happened to be with me would go "Do you know them?" or "That was rude, they seemed like they were your old friend!"

Then memory would click at last and I remembered they were the **** who picked on me for being short every damn day of my primary school life. Strange how getting older makes people want to make connections with people they tormented in youth.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Shake it like a polaroid picture RagnaToad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I kinda had this yesterday. I was walking through a carpark when a car honks at me. I wasn't in the way of it, so I just looked sideways at the driver. No idea who it was, so I look at the front passenger, and it's my ex-girlfriend. I sort of slow down to say hi, but she's on the other side of the car, and he's about to pull out onto the road. He looks at me and starts to slow down, but by then I've sped up.
    So did they honk so that you could talk to the girl? Or was it just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I like saying hi to people on the street. Especially old people, because they have too many preconceptions of my generation, and people with long hair.
    I do this too sometimes. When I was in Ireland, I passed through a village called Mountrath with two friends. Some old man on the street there was being friendly and greeted us with something like g'day, and I (as a reflex) answered with a 'yo'.

My friends were like: Did you just reply with 'yo' to that old guy?
    We laughed.

Good times.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good