Thread: How's life?

Blog Entries

How's life?

Haven't been any new posts or threads here in a little while that I can see, and I'm doing a little procrastination on my homework right now, so... What's goin' on, guys and gals?

I'm a print contributor to the Oregon State newspaper; I get 10 bucks a story, heh. I interviewed one of my teachers for my latest story, who was also one of my teachers in high school, 13 years ago. Also hoping to be a DJ starting Winter term.

I'm also taking 20 credits this term. Hence the procrastinating on homework. Taking a couple classes on campus; Importance of Education in Modern Society, and Intro to Political Thought. It's interesting to me that some of the material has crossed paths between these two classes; I'm taking Intro to Comparative Politics online, and nothing has crossed from there with Political Thought yet, really. Although Comparative Politics looks like it will probably cross with my History of China and Japan in the Modern Age. Also taking an Advanced Fiction Writing class, which has been interesting. One of the stories really disgusted me this last week: "A Romantic Weekend," by Mary Gaitskill. Read that if ya wanna read some messed up smut.

Fall colors are coming out, so that's nice. There's also gonna be like nonstop rain here for the next 4 days. I walked around in it all day today, on campus. That's Oregon for ya.

Going to Game Grumps Live tomorrow.

What're y'all doin'?

Blog Entries
    Right this moment I'm standing on top of a mall in Brooklyn, waiting for a contractor to figure out if I'm needed on site right now. Nobody really seems to have an answer. I have iced coffee and a book in my car, so I'm just hanging out.

I'm debating if I want to work tomorrow. It's easy money and I can pretty much just make up whatever hours I want, but I also want to get some time in with Gears 4.

Also hoping softball gets cancelled on Sunday so that my quad can heal up a little more. I tore it with a very audible pop last month and it's been a bitch to heal. I can't really run on it or be particularly useful in the field, so the past few weeks have been sitting on the bench and helping to empty the cooler. And yes, it's totally socially acceptable to have beers at 9am on a Sunday if everyone else is doing it.

Later tonight, I'm gonna help my girl babysit her nephew, which means I'll go out and pick up dinner and watch tv while she makes sure the kid doesn't lick any electrical sockets. Good times
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Old Skool Warrior How's life? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shit. Pete. I have Gears 4 and haven't started playing it yet (I have to figure out what to uninstall from my XBO). How far are you in the campaign? Gears is, certainly, best enjoyed with friends.

To the topic,

Yesterday was weirdly stressful. If you read my blog entry a couple weeks ago, you'll have a rough idea why. I guess I made another promise that I don't remember making, and so that came crashing down on me. We're trying. It's a struggle.

BUT HEY TODAY IS BETTER

I'm gonna be streaming Aragami at noon PST if anyone wants to come watch in a couple hours. It'll be on our shared channel, so here's a link because I'm gonna plug it and I wanna chat with you guys. MisterCZAR plays: Aragami

Otherwise, things are going fairly well overall. I'm still stable at work but I've been looking for something that pays more, to no avail. And I made a promise to my current employers that if I didn't have a solid offer by the end of the third week in October (eight more days, yikes), I'll stay through the holiday season. I've been with GameStop for a decade and I can't bring myself to bail on them midseason. The only reason I'm looking to exit is that I took a demotion and the pay cut that came along with it when I decided to make the move to Oregon. The pay decrease alone wasn't too awful; I was making maximum for my new position and then when the merit increases hit in the spring, I got the raise on top of it. What I didn't account for before moving was the additional state income tax... we didn't have that in Texas, but it's definitely a thing here. I make about $700+ less every month than I did before, but still with the debt I was capably handling before. I've been living paycheck to paycheck for five or six months now and honestly can't even cover half of the shared bills right now. I'm fortunate that Aenne makes enough to offset that, but that's not really fair to her - another part of why it's been stressful at home.

Aside from the plight of finances, everything else is actually pretty great. The weather out here is so great. I live close enough to the coast to make it a day trip. I live close enough to the mountains to make it a day trip. Any time I wanna go hiking or walking (or when my knees feel okay, jogging/running), there are always new and beautiful places to do that. There were a lot of things about Texas that I liked, but scenery wasn't one of them. In one city, I have multiple broad rivers, a fairly reasonable mountain*, neat valleys, fog in the morning and evenings, the smell of ocean air, the near-constant drizzle of light clouds, and a vastly diverse culture.

*it's more of a massssssive hill, but it's big enough that you have to either tunnel under it or go wayyyyy the fuck around it or the windy path over it
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

I'm going though a bit of a slump right now... but I think I'll be okay.

I'm trying to study for medical cytogenetics right now, so there goes my weekend lol.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Certified tech, come at me! How's life? SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm doing fine, I went to a church event called a man's BBQ which they do a message and then food. The message was pretty good and the food was good too, the re were more food than I could ever eat.

Other than that IT freelance stuff has been kinda slow customer front, on the advertising front, I'm pretty active there posting tech news and computer deals.

I've been volunteering at a technical college which is free labor stuff and I decided to sit in some Cisco classes my former instructor is teaching and re-learn the networking hardware and get refreshed on the terminology, concepts, and internals of the network and the command line you use to interface with switches and routers. I have learned quite a lot just going through Cisco this week. I think I have also sat in on some classes last week too. I also pre-registered for free openstack tutorials and other than that I got an email back from a company that I applied for that is interested in interviewing me.

That has been the latest in my life.
    Currently Playing:

I invented Go-Gurt. How's life? Clint's Avatar
    My husky puppy just got his balls chopped off, so since I have off on weekends, I'm stuck watching him. He keeps knocking things over with his e-collar. I don't blame him. I would try to destroy everything, too, if I lost my balls.

I've been reading a lot of American history and Greek mythology. Did you know humans came to be after Cronus chopped off Uranus's balls and tossed them down to earth? The semen that seeped out turned into man. Also Cronus was a huge dick. He ate all of his babies except for Zeus. He tried to eat Zeus, but instead, he ate a rock. Zeus's mother/aunt sent him away to be raised by a goat, and when he grew up, he returned and dethroned Cronus. It's a whole big thing that doesn't really make much sense when it's summarized like this.

Gingersnap How's life? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just got through grad school midterms, and I'm feeling pretty good about them.

My band decided what we're doing for album art, so that'll be one of the next things I work on in my free time.

Today, I went on a 9 mile run with boyfriend, and it was pretty. We made a big pot of pasta afterwards. I'm going to make s'mores pancakes for dinner. The relationship is going very well; he's such a good partner.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

TFF's Resident Messenger How's life? Michael Swayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Life is good at the moment. I am in my second semester of college, taking English, Finite Mathematics, Biology, and Anatomy. Started my 11th year at the newspaper. Became a certified HVAC technician at GE's jet engine plant, and I spend my money on Pokémon plushies that have found a home in shelves and shadowboxes I put on my bedroom walls this afternoon.

My dog is turning 7 in a couple months, and in her mid-life crisis, she has taken to slipping off her collar and running with the other dogs. I guess she is trying to get some, while she still can (do female dogs have menopause, or menopaws ha ha).
    Social Group Endorsements, TFF Awards, and Other Accomplishments (Updated December 26, 2013):

2011 TFF Member Elimination Game - 2nd Place

TFF Adoption Agency
    Hot Shot - August 31, 2011 to November 18, 2011
    Draug Isilme - December 29, 2011 to February 27, 2012
    lovehearty42 - August 9, 2012 to November 4, 2012
    beatrix - September 4, 2012 to November 4, 2012

Communist Theocratic Commonwealth of the Illustrious and Eternal Al-ha Empire and Crown Dependencies

I'm broke.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My internet is broken. Spent that last hour playing with cables to get it to work again. I might've saved myself the bother of at least half an hour trying to get it to work if I'd figured out sooner that I'd switched off the WLAN.

But I'm still going to blame my brother because it's in his room, and he broke the router months ago by burying it under a pile of laundry. It overheated, and it's not worked right since. It could also be the smell in there.

So, now that that is fixed, I've got to fix this weeks rota at work because we cancelled the Battlefield 1 midnight launch tomorrow night. That's some unhappy staff right there, loosing some hours. May as well shoot me now.

Other than that, life is peachy. For what it is anyway. Things could be worse.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. How's life? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rough.

SPOILER!!:

Lost a friend to suicide week before last, the Tibetan Mastiff we were hoping to adopt isn't happening, someone stole our cat, and we probably won't get to go to Texas for Christmas.

My fiancé had a PTSD relapse during his externship and dropped out of college. He's looking for a jerb now, but if he does, there's no way he'll be able to get time off to go to Texas for Christmas.

I could fly to Nashville and ride with my sister, but that's too expensive. And besides, my fiancé and I have yet to spend a Christmas together in the almost 4 years we've been dating/engaged, so that's a plus, I suppose. And I'll have more time to enjoy my Christmas tree.

Last, and I'm sorry this has been long. I know I annoy most of y'all. We're hopefully getting a Tibetan Mastiff puppy. My fiancé found a really great breeder just outside of Nashville. They do a good bit of training with them (housebreaking, leash, etc) and they'll ship. My fiancé is going to apply to have the VA pay for him and pay to have him trained and certified to be a service dog.

We want a blue one, and we're naming him Porkchop. Or Bill Murray. XD

Registered User How's life? Anastar's Avatar
    Sorry for your ;problems, noxious.sunshine. I hope things start getting better for you soon and that you get your blue mastiff.

I'm mad at myself for making a big mistake and getting my driver's license revoked. I drove my car at night even though my night vision is poor and got in an accident. I was just plain stupid to do it, but now I'm paying for it. <_<

"Even if they’re dead, their consciousness is still with us. As for Cloud…he sees Aerith several
    times throughout the film. It’s not that he sees her because he feels her presence. He sees her
    because her consciousness…lives on inside him."
    ~Nomura, Distance Interview

The British Guy. How's life? Robbo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm in pharmaceuticals, Currently looking for people who will let me train to be an accuracy checking technician with only a year of training.
    I think i'm good enough, other than that still a big drunk teenager.
    CPC8... Makin' it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin
    Ruin says
    someone fart in my eye
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder
    Melibooyah says:
    Uggh bbl everyone is blowing me uo and I have to do my homework -_-
    Typo's change everything ^

Blog Entries
    Police just kicked me, my boss and a bunch of work mates out of a new bar that opened next door to work. Apparently it's not meant to be open yet. We have a new developer from Sweden, who is literally an anarchist. You should have seen his face when the police kicked us all out.

Blog Entries
    How was the bar open if it wasn't supposed to be open?
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

The Old Skool Warrior How's life? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They probably weren't fully licensed yet and the owner said fuck it and opened anyway.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries
    So he was pretty delighted?

I stream Bloodborne, FFXIV, and occasionally other games.
    http://www.twitch.tv/justwipeitguys

Sicc in the head & n0t sober. How's life? noxious.sunshine's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastar View Post
    Sorry for your ;problems, noxious.sunshine. I hope things start getting better for you soon and that you get your blue mastiff.

I'm mad at myself for making a big mistake and getting my driver's license revoked. I drove my car at night even though my night vision is poor and got in an accident. I was just plain stupid to do it, but now I'm paying for it. <_<
    Aww thank you! <3

My license, as it turns out, is also revoked. I knew it was suspended and expired, but I got pulled over a few months ago for an illegal u-turn (that literally everyone makes here, including cops) & they told me it's totally revoked and that if it were revoked here where I live, I'd defo be going to jail. My license is revoked in TN, but I live in NYC currently. They gave me like 5 tickets all at once >.<