Thread: Bravo Nerds. Bravo.

Registered User Bravo Nerds. Bravo.

Bravo Nerds. Bravo.

Well, I don't know how many of you all have heard, but those Westboro Baptist Church people decided to picket this years Comic-Con, so there was a counter protest organized to diffuse the situation with humor. Glorious nerd humor. It also raised money from donations for two comic-related organizations.

You can see some of the signs that the counter-protesters made in this link. My personal favorite is the one with Bender holding a sign that says "Kill all Humans".

Anyway, I just thought I would share this with you all if you were interested, because I thought it was really cool.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 07-22-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Bravo Nerds. Bravo. Polk's Avatar

Re: Bravo Nerds. Bravo.

I'm 97% sure one of the guys on the left has a "God hates Michael Bay" sign, and that makes me so happy I can't describe it. And what does it say about me that I get most of the jokes on the signs? I think I need to go outside more.

Good for the nerds. Any word as to how much money they actually raised? I'm either too lazy to look for the number, or illiterate because I can't see it. One or the other.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Sir Prize Bravo Nerds. Bravo. Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How the hell did these people get a hold of a time machine and worm their way into the twenty-first century? What about these hater types? Can they be prosecuted for ignorance or hatred? Can they be classified as insane, endangered, extinct or defective automatons? Can we have some "STFU" rolled up into ball, stuffed into an atom bomb and then dropped on the ****ing Westboro Baptist Church?

We can't can we? Can we at least give them an award that befits their accomplishments and mentality?

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Wow,Westcrapo has stooped to a new low. Next thing you know they will be protesting E3, hollywood and thefinalfantasy.net; get your e-pickets ready ladies and gents.

Actually I find this very humorous. Just the thought of them protesting the event is a laughable matter but the over all response back was just genius. "The Cylons destroyed the 12 Colonies for your sins" just about killed me when I read that one.

Hopefully this will inspire other people to stand up and protest groups like this.

I know recently here in Owasso (just outside Tulsa), there was a protest against a funeral for a fallen war vet that died over in Iraq, they were met by anti-protesters and were eventually ran off after hours of scrutinizing by loyal Oklahoman / American citizens.

Here is the offensive that Westboro went up against: YouTube - Owasso Ok Experiences Westboro Baptist Church Protest
    And the related local article: Westboro protesters outnumbered at Owasso service | Tulsa World
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

I'm glad to see anyone standing up to those idiots to be honest.
    It's getting to the point where to fit in with them you'd have to be a clone of Ned Flanders or comatose or something.
    victoria aut mors

Is this the same church that pickets military funerals? Man, no wonder know one takes God seriously. These people twist things like any other mis-informer. These people just want their 15 minutes, that's all. They make me sick to my stomach. Good for the Comic Conners and their productive, yet humorous counter picket/fund raiser if you will
    UWAAAOOOAAAOOO!! I'm Gau. I'm your friend. Let's travel together!

-Gau

Memento Rhapso Bravo Nerds. Bravo. Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is probably the most amazing thing I've seen in awhile. These signs and fund raising plan is the wittiest thing I've hear of.
    Side note, Did you notice one of the signs said "Derp"?

It's in the left part, next to "God Hates Sentries". Indeed he does. . .

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    It's getting to the point where to fit in with them you'd have to be a clone of Ned Flanders...
    That's a total insult to Ned Flanders (although I hear in recent seasons they've totally taken away any redeeming qualities he had-flanderized him.)

Yeah, the Westboro Baptist Church sucks. Have any of you ever seen their music video?

It's something you'd expect out of a parody or something... "God hates the world... and all her people..." Great dissonance, there. Yeah, good on the Comic Con kids and their counter protest. The Bender is awesome. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Magically Delicous Bravo Nerds. Bravo. Merlin's Avatar

In the interests of national security and building lasting relations with Muslim countries, we should put both the WBC and radical Muslims in a room and let them fight it out. Two birds... one bomb. Or was that stone?

Tele, I see what you mean about that can be seen as some kind of stupid parody but seeing that it isn't I actually x'ed out before the 2 minute marker because of the dumb assnes that is accompanying that song.

Maybe Comic-con people should of put up a donation box for kicking those douches asses.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

The only part of the Bible they got right was the part about being fruitful and multiplying. But, the last time I checked, inbreeding and wedlock children was against the Bible. I'm amazed nobody has pointed out that their own evidence proves them wrong... that is: Anyone spewing doom and gloom is a false profit sent by Satan. Their entire philosophy is instantly debunked by that, whether you believe in the Bible or not. Their own evidence works against them.

I applaud the people of Comic-Con for standing up against the bigots. Perhaps now more people will do so. Hell, I'd love it if the government would deem their anti-American speeches worthy of revoking their citizenship and deporting their ass. There is a difference between free speech and denouncing your own country. If they hate us so bad, then GTFO please... thanks.
    Last edited by Merlin; 07-23-2010 at 08:43 PM.

Registered User Bravo Nerds. Bravo. NeoAquarius12's Avatar

"Odin is God" haha. Well, you can't quite argue with that. What percentage of nerd population is gay? There was a whole lot of gay pride signs mixed in there. haha. I ejoy gays nonetheless. They never started a fight... as far as I can tell.

There were a lot of gay pride signs because the WBC were accusing them of being gay and worshiping false gods/idol worshiping. Apparently these folks don't have church skits re-enacting scenes from the Bible. If they do, then they too are worshiping false gods, such as the farm animals in the stable. Oh wait... that's "different".

Bass Player Extraordinaire Bravo Nerds. Bravo. Joe's Avatar

WBC Is really a rather terrifying group. The whole family (The Church is just one family) is kept under incredibly strict control by the "Reverend", if that's what you want to call him.

Groups like this thrive on attention, and they wait for a single person to take things to far and either sue WBC or physically harm one of them (they use the children to keep the violence down). Several members of the family are lawyers, so they toe the very line of the law, and as soon as someone makes to infringe it, they counter sue for legal fees and infringement on their rights, and have won several times.

Best thing to do with groups like this is just ignore them.

tl;dr: IT'S A MONEY MAKING SCHEME BY A DISBARRED LAWYER, NOT A CHURCH.
    Last edited by Joe; 07-24-2010 at 08:14 AM.
    (TFF Family):

My TFF Family:
    My Anime Addicted sister Athna Loveil
    My Unspoken Scabbia Loving Bro Fishie
    My Godsmack addicted brother Omega Weapon
    My Kooky Soap opera addicted sister Rikkuffx
    My Kinky Chipmunk Cousin Unknown Entity, because, you know, cousins can still do stuff in certain states.
    My Twin-like bro Ruin_Tumult
    Craven
    Slots still available, PM to join!

#LOCKE4GOD Bravo Nerds. Bravo. Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    In the interests of national security and building lasting relations with Muslim countries, we should put both the WBC and radical Muslims in a room and let them fight it out. Two birds... one bomb. Or was that stone?
    I find it funny just how much fundamentalists of any religion have things in common. They invariably hate everything, especially homosexual people. I wonder if the WBC realise how much they have in common with radical Muslim groups: They hate the West; they hate homosexuals; they think Hell exists and that everyone who isn't them is going to go to it; etc.

They should get together and create their own religion, because none of them are actually following the teachings of the religion they claim to be pure forms of.

Even better, name this religion 'Stupid'.

Certified tech, come at me! Bravo Nerds. Bravo. SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Apparently this church is too bad for the KKK
    Currently Playing:

Registered User Bravo Nerds. Bravo. Aadria's Avatar

The UK knows how it's done.
    Anti-gay preachers Fred Phelps and Shirley Phelps-Roper banned from Britain - Times Online
    Now if only the US would do the same...

Shake it like a polaroid picture Bravo Nerds. Bravo. RagnaToad's Avatar

I don't get it. These Baptist church people were protesting against comic books?

Also, great counter-protest pictures.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 08-04-2010 at 01:37 PM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Registered User Bravo Nerds. Bravo.

Quote from the WBC Website
    ...If these people would spend even some of the energy that they spend on these comic books, reading the Bible, well no high hopes here. They have turned comic book characters into idols, and worship them they do! The destruction of this nation is imminent - so start calling on Batman and Superman now, see if they can pull you from the mess that you have created with all your silly idolatry.
    So, yeah. In a way, they were protesting comic books, in that they believe that it turns comic book characters into idols of worship.

Also, @ Polk, I couldn't find anything in relation to how much was made at the event. There's a link in the main site of the Phelps-a-thon that says what was made in past events, but there's nothing on what was made at this particular one.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Bravo Nerds. Bravo. RagnaToad's Avatar

So basically they are a bunch of fundamentalist losers who have nothing better to do.

Now I feel like buying another Full Metal Alchemist volume. Or doesn't manga count in terms of getting my higher on the heathen ladder?
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I liked the Battle Star Galactica reference.

That is all.

Until now!

Certified tech, come at me! Bravo Nerds. Bravo. SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I now declare this the main theme of the westboro baptist church.

wbc theme

if you guys haven't seen this before, this is a quote from the KKK:

"NOTE: The Ku Klux Klan, LLC. has not or EVER will have ANY connection with The "Westboro Baptist Church". We absolutely repudiate their activities."

Makes me laugh everytime
    Last edited by SuperSabin; 08-11-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Currently Playing:

I'm surprised nobody dressed up like a a Blocker.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games