View Poll Results: How Did You Find TFF?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I stumbled upon it.

74 82.22%
  • I was referred by a friend.

11 12.22%
  • I created it.

5 5.56%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Did You Find TFF

Tsuna Feesh How Did You Find TFF Fate's Avatar

How Did You Find TFF

So, how did the members here find out about TFF? Maybe you just stumbled upon it, maybe you were referred, etc. Share your stories here!^^

Curiosity Conquers, So Click:

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

If you'd like a place in my family, be sure to ask me~! ^ ~

Shake it like a polaroid picture How Did You Find TFF RagnaToad's Avatar
    I can't really remember hów, but I think I was browsing the almighty interwebz back in 2006 during the Christmas holidays. I must have typed in "final fantasy forum" in Google at some point.

At first I was going to say there should be more options as to how people found TFF.

But now I can't think of any that doesn't fall under the ones stated

P.S. Studying for my Philosophy exam tomorrow, w00t!
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I think I was looking for some FF chatting place,and I typed in FF forum. FFF looked sorta gloomy, so I picked this one instead. And guess what? It's better!^^

*Yesha*; -Balthier-; Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus; Azuteor; Black Waltz; Clint Eastwood; Dark Angel; Dodie16; ethan; Flaming Ragnarok; Insufficient Mage; Kilala; LIGHTNING_71013; Lunasa; Mallick; Meigumi; Messiah; Padraic; PurpleDiamond; RamesesII; Shiru; Silver; Unknown Entity; ViviMasterMage; winterborn86

I have another option. "Read about it." Though that could be considered the same as "stumbled upon". Darn you and your general poll choices!

And yeah, this forum really seemed like the best one in some way. Not as geeky and not solely game based.

Half the time, I don't even talk that much about games. There are forums that dedicate themselves to gaming, then there are mixed ones. Thank God this is a mixed one.

And I thought about the options. Those were the only ones I could think of. Most ones fall under the first choice. And only Fuzz can choose the last one!
    Last edited by Fate; 02-18-2010 at 08:38 PM.

I invented Go-Gurt. How Did You Find TFF Clint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    And only Fuzz can choose the last one!
    Wrong. Dr. Egon Spengler chose the last option, because he can.

Ellipsis How Did You Find TFF Meigumi's Avatar
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    Hehe, I bumped into it while I was strolling around Yahoo, looking for some site to join, kupo.
    .....And I also stole that cupcake.

TFF Family~:

Ice-cream loving brother Fate
    The great benevolent dark lord Elyon Demidias
    Lovable doll ViviMasterMage
    Soul Stealing, Chaos-loving, Pom-pom eating older brother Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus
    The Awesome and Dashing Thief, ethan
    The Stealthy Swordsman of Poetic Power, genome's blade

Go with me, Exkaizer~ How Did You Find TFF Treize's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad
    I think I was browsing the almighty interwebz back in 2006 during the Christmas holidays. I must have typed in "final fantasy forum" in Google at some point.
    This was how I found TFF too, except during December. I didn't end up joining until April when I saw the site again. I think the vast majority of the people at TFF are going to pick the first option.
    TFF Family:
    stardragon -- Nick -- Fishie -- Silver -- Omega Weapon -- Tiger Lily -- Athna Loveil -- Phantom -- ekimeinna -- Novacrash -- FFGuru89 -- Kaos_Dragon -- ziroth

-PM me if you would like to join.

Were the first people who joined TFF made Mods and Admins? Or were there no Mods and Admins to start out as?

Also, unless people wanna make Fuzz mad, I agree with Squall...

I doubt that Fuzz is even going to read this thread.

And I think some Mods were appointed in the early beginning, but obviously there was no need for the amount of mods we have right now. I remember Chez being promoted to Mod like (EDIT) 3 years ago, and she hasn't been longer on TFF than I have. (EDIT, in fact she was. I sound like one arrogant bastard here O_o)

She does have a higher post count, though I don't know if that was the fact back then. And probably better attitude too
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 06-19-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    Also, unless people wanna make Fuzz mad, I agree with Squall...
    I think more people should choose the third option. Then there can be a great debate over who actually started the forums. One could point out the lack of the administrator icon next to Dr. Egon Spengler's name, or the fact that he joined in 2008. But then he could argue that this is a second account that he's using to confuse people. That he, in fact, is Fuzz. Still others could argue that Dr. Spengler has certain traits Fuzz certainly does not have. Like being mischievous and judgmental.

Anyhoo... I found TFF by entering Final Fantasy into a search engine. It was the first link I found, I think. There was a lot of drama and interesting people around, so I stayed. The end.

Wuv, Yer Mom

EDIT: Chez and I became mods in the Summer of 2006, along with a few other people. That's like three years ago, man. Way to do your math

lol, this may sound like an excuse but in my head I actually thought of 2006-2009. Somehow it came out as 1 year.
    Which is not even possible for me to know if it were 1 year, since I've been inactive for more than a year...

And aren't we all in our own way creators to TFF? Every member contributes to the present nature of TFF. Or something cheesy like that.

Govinda
    SATAN led me to it

And stuff

Blog Entries
    Someone who was active on these forums long ago (who I went to middle school with) told me about this site. Took him awhile to pester me into joining, but I'm glad I did. I've since lost contact with said friend. Kind of strange to think this site has outlasted the friendship that led me to it way back in the beginning.

~DragonHeart~
    Family: Psiko, Mistress Sheena, Djinn

Registered User How Did You Find TFF Sinin's Avatar
    Mallick referred me in class hehe
    Please excuse my dear aunt sally

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I do recall it was the summer of Nineteen Dickity Six when young prodigies myself and Dr. Egon Spengler accidentally dropped a vat of Final Fantasy fanboyism and a networked computer into a vat of PLA (Pure Liquid Awesome). We promptly forgot about our accident, drifted apart and the mixture evolved into the TFF server.

We later found the result and decided to keep monitoring it for any flaws. And unusual activity and stuff. Yeah...
    victoria aut mors

come and get some How Did You Find TFF Darkwave's Avatar
    I found this by acident,lol. I was looking up FFXIII site and saw this below it.

At the end of the day, it comes down to one hero to save us all.

Oh wow, looks like Fuzz has a lot of multiple accounts...

Three already that created it, without Fuzz.

I can't remember the specifics but I do know I was looking around on the web and ran across a link that led me to a thread (not sure which one), it was in the cleft but it did reach out to me so I looked a little further into this place and decided I would join. I wasn't expecting to be active at this forum at all but the amount of people that welcomed me with open arms is what really drew me in. Since then I have tried to do the same.

Hi, my name is Meier and I am an addict.

:edit:
    Plus in the begining I am sure the mods / admins where friends of the original owner.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 06-11-2009 at 08:13 PM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Lots of Square Ultima members were also members on here. People from here also signed up to SU now and then, so the name got thrown around, joined up in 05 and then account got deleted and then I came back since I had no other forum.

I feel epic... How Did You Find TFF Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.
    Well, I, like many others before me, stumbled onto this site while "googling." There was a link on this site that led me to the Final Fantasy VI forum, because that's what I was googling for. I checked out the site as a whole, and figured, for the hell of it, why not join? See that name up there, Ralz? Yeah, I really didn't give a care what I would call myself and chose some random name that I could at least state without twisting my tongue. Oh, I had plenty of things going for me when I first became a member. I didn't really post a "hi, I'm new" thread, and so, just about Fuzz was the only one to send me his generic "welcome to TFF" post. So yeah, not that thrilling, eh? Anyway, I assume Fuzz directly makes members he has met and knows in real life into mods and admins. I don't think anyone else can become one by any other means. But hey, Fuzz COULD be mascarading as anyone here. I could even be him and none of you would ever know it!

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Registered User How Did You Find TFF Yesha's Avatar
    I was searching for a guide in a FF series.. and I have a question about it.. so.. I search the "googLe" for a Final Fantasy Forum that I couLd find someone who I can ask to.. 'bout the things I want to know.. so here I'am..
    CLICK IT! TO SEE MY STUFFS:

Quote for the month:
    “Try harder to succeed.”

What am I Loving right now?:
    YOU!

My Art Thread: http://thefinalfantasy.net/forum...ngs-lol-3.html

"HELLO GUYS!"

Gingersnap How Did You Find TFF OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was introduced to it by two people who are way bigger gamers than I am. Guess who's still around?

My brother (Omni/Omnislash9999... who was not active for very long) and my friend from school (Viper) found it each on their own and both told me about it around the same time. Viper was who really wanted me to join. I do like Final Fantasy, so I checked it out. It got fun for me about a year after I joined. I sort of lurked until then. But I started a journal and joined an RP with El Uno (now goes by Nixon) and Anarchy (Lover Boy now. Inactive. And I always liked Anarchy better) at about the same time. And then Toph started talking to me. And then TFF chat. And I could go on, but I'll just say things got good.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

And you skipped the part about how you became an S-Mod, so that means you are forced to stay. So either way, you're pretty much stuck here. Unless... you do leave... and someone else got promoted to S-Mod?

Warrior Ninja How Did You Find TFF Led Zeppelin's Avatar
    Well, I found this site randomly through google :]... I was looking for ways to find the Magus Sisters in Final Fantasy X and a forum popped up.... I read through somethings on it but it didn't really help so I got off of it and started to go down to the second option which was this forum ^^... I decided that since my answer wasn't coming up I'd join and ask for some help since it's a Final Fantasy Forum I knew someone had to know =P... On my first day I thought it was very inviting and I myself like Ralz did not intruduce myself since I didn't really see a point to it... I stuck around though because I like it here and you're all great people and a huge help when it comes to gaming ^.^

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth How Did You Find TFF Xanatos's Avatar
    I was searching for some cool FF sites when I found TFF.In other words I stumbled upon it.Anyway I joined and here I am.Also I must say that this is some awesome site,I really like it.
    Last edited by Xanatos; 06-12-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I found TFF looking for help for Final Fantasy VII. Kinda tripped in, and quicky ran out of a while before coming back to stay. ^^

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

don't put your foot in there guy SOLDIER #819's Avatar
    Probably Yahoo. I was searching around for forums after I found out how fun they could be to lurk at. There were like two other big FF sites at the time... but on a spur I joined this one. Maybe it was because of the RP battles and the black and red (?) design. And then that was that! Luckily the first person I ever spoke to invited me into her group. The rest is history.

Regarding where TFF came from... I believe it had its roots in FFGalaxy or something over a decade ago. Fuzz talked about it once. That's where most of the "oldest veterans" originated from. And then he co-owned TheFinalFantasy with someone else... who I think had a "lionheart" in his name. I need to wrestle these facts from ambiguity.

Where are you Fuzz?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda
    just turn off your PS3 or 360 go to your dust tomb and say you'll give birth to 1500 people a day for the 1000 that'll be killed until the doors to hades open and you can pull out ar tonelico and turn on that glorous PS2 and be bathed in its radiant warm glow

That raises another interesting question: Why did you guys choose this forum instead of the other Final Fantasy forums? I mean, if you Google it, there are lots of options: Final Fantasy Forums, The Final Fantasy Forums, Final Fantasy Insider Forums, Eye On Final Fantasy Forums, etc. yet you picked this one... guess it was fate...

Asking all the personal questions. How Did You Find TFF RamesesII's Avatar
    I am a god, where ever the hell I please.
    Blog Entries
    I went searching for a Final Fantasy forum actually, i was on the internet one day and was looking up some Fantasy pics or something like that and i saw a link to a Fantasy forum and then it just clicked in my head why don't i look for a Final Fantasy forum i am sure there are a lot of other freaks like me out there who like Final Fantasy and the links came up i looked at the first one and then the second and underneath it had "One of the oldest.... so and so ' i cant remember what else it said anyway i liked the look of the second one and TAda here i am. The main thing that caught my attention was the set out of the site and now i don't like any forum unless it is a vb site or similar.
    It took me a while to figure out the site i think it took me a month before i figuerd out the Visitor message thing haha anyway there you have that's how i became King of the Holy Knights.. oh wrong story.
    A mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer.
    --Ancient Egyptian Wisdom, 2200 B.C.

Crao Porr Cock8, Go and get a Cock8 up ya.

The finer details of a signature:

CHE- "I pee sitting down after I have sex because for some reason after I have sex and I try to pee, it goes everywhere."
    Nuff said^

My loving TFF Family:

My beautiful go-go dancing Queen Aara
    My brother Meier Link, proudly supporting the World Wide Institute of Booze since 1982.
    My Spasmodic, spamtastic, spammer nephew Fate.
    My brother HUNK, he who wears the number 1 headband.
    My glowing Goddess of Egyptian thingy's, Unknown Entity.
    My Unique and unpredictable mother Kilala ^^.
    My little arcade freak brother nra4.
    My brother Captain of the Dragoon warriors, Mallick.
    My razzle, dazzle, razamatic, razphony brother Ralz
    My younger brother Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima, the Legendary Samurai who Doesn't take "No" for an Answer.

Literature:

Recently read-
    Belgariad- David Eddings

Currently Reading-
    The Tournament by Matthew Reilly

Gaming:

Currently PLaying

-Minecraft
    - ASS Creed III

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast