Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger found dead.

Cleverly hidden in the back of a carboard box/ base

Heath Ledger found dead.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...is-found-dead/

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities.

The police said they did not suspect foul play. Officials said pills were found near the body.
    My TFF Family ^_^
    SPOILER!!:
    MY TFF FAMILY!

My raving sister, BleachFanGirl!

Crazed Trivia Addicted Cousin, Squall333!

My Trivia-Obsessed brother, Phantom!

My dragon impaling father, Dragoon_Nick!

My crazy aunt, Tiger Lily!

Pilot Extraordinare Brother, FF-Fan Cid!

Maniacal Menacing Brother, Momo Mastermind

My Vampire-Obsessed Sister, Vampiric Delirium!

My Semi-Insane fighter cousin, Celtic_Silver!

My Tree-Hugging Superhero Cousin, FFGuru

Feel free to pm me and join /\/\

Registered User Heath Ledger found dead. Dimi's Avatar
    Wow, that's pretty sad. Ann and Lily were mentioning this over Paltalk. He was 28, wasn't he? That's really young. But for him to overdose, that's pretty crazy. I wonder if it was accidental or suicidal....But wow, rest in peace. =[

Gingersnap Heath Ledger found dead. OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've been upset about this for the last hour. I liked him! And he had a little girl, the poor thing.

I heard they were sleeping pills, nothing like... illegal. But I'm not certain on that. So it may have been suicide, in which case... that's ****ed up. And I'm pissed. But hey, we'll just have to wait and hear back about it.

Stupid pills. I want Heath Ledger back.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Air from my lungs. Heath Ledger found dead. Violet's Avatar
    It looked like he was going to be a great Joker in the new Batman movie, too . He was a cool actor..

Gingersnap Heath Ledger found dead. OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They already finished filming the Batman movie. It's in post-production right now. But I think he was in the middle of two other projects.

So... you still get to see a completed Batman movie, but I don't think it'll be quite the same with him gone and all. Sad thing is, this event will probably increase the ticket sales from what they would have been.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Ah yes. He was indeed great, he comes from Australia too so it was nice to have someone from over here make it to Hollywood. I thought he was very talented and rather good looking and I was very shocked to hear about his death a couple of hours ago, or maybe less. I just woke up a while ago to find my mother telling me about it and I was so shocked. Poor guy, he had a lot going for him and it's a shame he had to pass away at such a young age. I feel bad for his little daughter too because she won't have a Daddy anymore. It's tragic and it's no surprise it was a drug related death, it seems to happen a lot with celebs. Rest in peace.

CC's YouTube Page|Add me on last.fm
    Is on Facebook so feel free to add me. =)

Vagabond Thief Heath Ledger found dead. Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was one of my favorite actors as well. Someone posted this on myspace and I . thought it was one of those crazy chain posts but I looked up and started crying. Its gonna suck with him not being in any new movies He was such a great actor. I will miss him and continue watching his movies in memory of him.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Arachnie Suicide Heath Ledger found dead. ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    He was beautiful.. It's such a shame.

And what about his daughter? He had an absolutely gorgeous two year old daughter.. How could you do that to your own child?

I heard this on the radio and had a bit of a cry, I'm afraid. It really is quite tragic.

I don't get it though.. He was talking about it. Why did nobody listen to him? He had said more than once things like "I think I can die now, I will live on in my daughter".

If only people had been paying a little more attention..
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

Quote Originally Posted by OceanEyes28 View Post
    And he had a little girl, the poor thing.
    thats prolly the most jacked up part of this story, dont get me wrong i loved alot of the films in which he played (never saw broke back mountin), but now that lil girl has to grow up with out her real dad. thats just plain shitty, selfish, and imature on his part if it was intentional suiside...

i wouldnt doubt it they try to make him out like a hero like they did the drug bound whorish tyrant, anna nichole smith.
    Last edited by Meier Link; 01-23-2008 at 05:43 AM.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Arachnie Suicide Heath Ledger found dead. ChloChloAriadne's Avatar
    He um.. The police have investigated, and they don't believe that it was suicide.
    Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose and not from suicide, according to reports.

Bottles of the generic forms of Xanax and Valium, both anti-anxiety drugs prescribed in his name, were found at his $26,000-a-month, three-bedroom loft apartment, the New York Post reported. (Map: Ledger's Soho address)

Police also found sleeping pills Donormyl, Zopiclone, and Ambien, the Post reported, quoting a police source who said: "it does not appear to be a suicide".

The 28-year-old actor was found nude, lying face down and unresponsive by his maid, Theresa Solomon, and masseuse Diane Lee at 3.20pm local time (7.20am AEDT) .

Ms Solomon said she had heard the actor snoring at midday.

The maid and therapist called 911 at 3.26pm. Emergency workers were unable to revive the star and he was pronounced dead at 3.35pm.

"We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

"There were pills within the vicinity of the bed."

One of the drugs at the scene, Ambien, is marketed as Stilnox in Australia and hit headlines last year when a national drug hotline fielded calls from users reporting strange side-effects. (Related article: Ledger's sleeping pill 'controversial')

In an interview with the New York Times last November, Ledger said he'd been taking Ambien which, according to the newspaper, "failed to work".

"He took a second one and fell into a stupor, only to wake up an hour later, his mind still racing," the journalist reported. Some reports said Ledger was sick with pneumonia before he died.
    I've been on this site since 2006 woah

well on a different note i hope this is true, i really dont want to have to think of him in a bad way. he seemed like a good guy.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier Link View Post
    thats prolly the most jacked up part of this story, dont get me wrong i loved alot of the films in which he played (never saw broke back mountin), but now that lil girl has to grow up with out her real dad. thats just plain shitty, selfish, and imature on his part if it was intentional suiside...

i wouldnt doubt it they try to make him out like a hero like they did the drug bound whorish tyrant, anna nichole smith.
    Right now they are still saying its accidental,later on today they are doing an autopsy to see what his lvls were.like how much was in him,so if it was alot it was suicide if it was just enough to kill him its probably accidental. To me I think it was probably accidental I really dont think he would kill himself.

On msn they are now saying its possible it may have been drugs. But we wont know til the autopsy

In http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/...mo/obit_ledger it says he has had sleeping problems while playing the Joker for the new Batman movie.He was also stressed with the upcoming movies.

Edit:The autopsy is inconclusive and theyw ill not know the results of his death for 10 days. Article is here

http://omg.yahoo.com/heath-ledger-au...sive/news/5904
    Last edited by Rikkuffx; 01-23-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    ~TFF Family~

Sparkly Beanie Baby of Doom! Heath Ledger found dead. Tallulah's Avatar
    This is terrible; can't believe this has happened. I especially enjoyed his performances in Brokeback Mountain and Ten Things i Hate About You.

Sad, sad news.

TFF's Token Imp Heath Ledger found dead. Martin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't profess to have watched a lot of his films, and I can't say I know a great deal about him but I will say that is a huge loss not only to his poor family but also to the movie industry as a whole. What I did know is that he stood out amongst his peers as an actor who shied away from the glitz and the glamour, to focus on the telling of a story as a true actor should. It is a particularly rare quality in actors these days.

Reading between the lines, or at least in my humble opinion I believe that it is an accidental overdose, as although it is fast becoming apparent that he was suffering from deep-emotional problems he absolutely doted on his daughter and probably harboured hopes of re-uniting with his fiancee although the latter is just what I think. Still it shows the indisputable pressure put on the world's entertainers today.

What a real shame. My heart goes out to his family at this difficult time and may the man find peace.
    Spoiler:

Care to have a look at my WordPress Journal?

I'm going with accidental. On the radio this morning they mentioned that Heath in an interview 2 months ago was saying that he was getting 2 hours of sleep a week and was very frazzled.

Blog Entries
    A new update lol massage therapist called mary Kate olsen with Heath Ledger's phone first to see whats he should do.

Full article here
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080124/..._final_moments

She said he felt cold and he was just unconcious so if she had called 911 first he may still be alive...at least thats what I think.
    ~TFF Family~

I think the massage therapist was stupid to call Mary Kate Olsen if she knew something wasn't right.. she should have just called 911 so that things could have been sorted out sooner. I heard that the cleaning maid or someone walked in earlier on to hear him snoring but whether that is true or not, I don't really know. I really doubt it was suicide in my opinion even though it said he died of a broken heart in the newspaper. You can never believe what you read in magazines and such anyway.

It's still hard to believe, he was so talented.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Angel Wings~ View Post
    I think the massage therapist was stupid to call Mary Kate Olsen if she knew something wasn't right.. she should have just called 911 so that things could have been sorted out sooner. I heard that the cleaning maid or someone walked in earlier on to hear him snoring but whether that is true or not, I don't really know. I really doubt it was suicide in my opinion even though it said he died of a broken heart in the newspaper. You can never believe what you read in magazines and such anyway.

It's still hard to believe, he was so talented.
    I heard that the maid heard him snoring too in the article i posted it gives the timeline of events the message therapist called mary kate twice before she called 911 which is stupid,she should of just have called 911 so she wasted time.
    ~TFF Family~

Yeah I know, it makes no sense. It's even sillier that she called her twice. She knew something was wrong with him and usually when a person knows somebody feels cold or doesn't look good then they would call the ambulance, not another person for their opinion. Why take the risk? O.o Plus he was probably dead then so she should have known that anyway and that's when you call the ambulance, not Mary Kate Olsen!

It's weird.

Edit: My Mum just told me they found at least six different prescribed drugs in his apartment. Perhaps he had too many and they had a bad reaction? If that's the case, his doctor is in trouble.
    Last edited by Crazy Chocobo; 01-24-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I know, it makes no sense. It's even sillier that she called her twice. She knew something was wrong with him and usually when a person knows somebody feels cold or doesn't look good then they would call the ambulance, not another person for their opinion. Why take the risk? O.o Plus he was probably dead then so she should have known that anyway and that's when you call the ambulance, not Mary Kate Olsen!

It's weird.

Edit: My Mum just told me they found at least six different prescribed drugs in his apartment. Perhaps he had too many and they had a bad reaction? If that's the case, his doctor is in trouble.
    I heard that too about the medicines they are assuming he could have just been prescribed meds that dont do well together,they are pretty much ruling suicide out so it was probably a mixture of the meds that he had a bad reaction to or at least thats what they are looking at now.Also I watched a video about the mary Kate olsen thng and the rpeorter talked to a pathologist(sp?) and the pathologist said that if she had called 911 first he could still be alive because there was 20 minutes between when she called mary kate twice and calling 911.
    Last edited by Rikkuffx; 01-24-2008 at 05:58 PM.
    ~TFF Family~

Serious? Gah! He could still be alive if she didn't call her? AHHH! Doesn't that make you angry? I can't believe how stupid someone could be, even my mother thinks what she did was idiotic. Why?! There's no need to call the opinion of another celebrity, she isn't a doctor. Call the professionals and let them do their job. It's depressing to know that his life could have been saved but the chance was wasted.

Blog Entries
    Serious? Gah! He could still be alive if she didn't call her? AHHH! Doesn't that make you angry? I can't believe how stupid someone could be, even my mother thinks what she did was idiotic. Why?! There's no need to call the opinion of another celebrity, she isn't a doctor. Call the professionals and let them do their job. It's depressing to know that his life could have been saved but the chance was wasted.
    I know i'm so pissed I keep ranting and raving about it to my friends,which they are probably getting annoyed.
    But I guess where it was a celebrity matter the therapist didnt know what to do buts till its common sense...call 911... and now one of teh best actors is dead because she wasted time.

Update-Here is an article about the last few months of his life
    http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2...119430000.html

His uncle states that he wouldnt have done anything rash and he was in a great place. so it probably wasnt suicide At least we hope all hope it wasnt,and I doubt it was.
    Last edited by Rikkuffx; 01-24-2008 at 06:43 PM.
    ~TFF Family~

Heath Ledger found dead. Yuki-onna's Avatar
    That just made me sad. I liked Heath Ledger as an actor. Damn overdose crap. Crikey. 28 years old. I wonder what really happened, and if we'll ever know.

In any case, I'll miss him on the screen. I'm certainly still looking forward to the Dark Knight...
    I remember when you were happy with a RADISH.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki-onna View Post
    That just made me sad. I liked Heath Ledger as an actor. Damn overdose crap. Crikey. 28 years old. I wonder what really happened, and if we'll ever know.

In any case, I'll miss him on the screen. I'm certainly still looking forward to the Dark Knight...
    The real truth is with Heath himself,but the cops can piece together the evidence and stuff and get a pretty accurate story,and his autopsy will answer alot of questions but no one will know the results for 10 days because they are doing tissue and organ samples or something. He was a brillant actor I liked him too and a whole lot of other ppl did

Update-Just watched a video on yahoo news,they are burying him in Australia but they are having 1 memorial service for family and clsoe friends in ny and then in ny michelle williams(his ex,and mother of his daughter) is holding a memorial service again in ny for other friends and in Hollywood they are also having a memorial service for him and an anti gay church is protesting it because he played a gay cowboy,which i think is rediculous. Hes dead dont protest it,honor him.
    Last edited by Rikkuffx; 01-25-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    ~TFF Family~

Heath Ledger found dead. Takishi's Avatar
    Once I heard about this, I thought that it was a dream or something. He was a really good actor. It just sucks what had happened to him...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Takishi View Post
    Once I heard about this, I thought that it was a dream or something. He was a really good actor. It just sucks what had happened to him...
    I agree,I saw a bulletin of it posted on myspace from one of my friends but I didnt believe it,thought it was a stupid chain thingy they have,and i looked it up and started crying,I still cant believe it..its so sad its not fair but nothing in life ever is
    ~TFF Family~

Bananarama Heath Ledger found dead. Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a shame what happened to him, and it really goes to show how much Hollywood can mess up people's lives. He wasn't sleeping right and was suffering from anxiety, mostly because he was overtaxing himself filming movies back to back. Apparently he was also pretty ****ed up from playing the Joker in Dark Knight. It's understandable.

As for all of the meds and having a bad reaction, you can't really blame the doctors at all, unless of course they gave him 6 different meds in one sitting, but he had a few different sleeping pills and a few different anti-anxiety pills. You go to the doc because you cant sleep, he gives you some kinda sleeping pills and then you go home. You take the pills, and if they don't work, you go back and get something else. Chances are, if you're somewhat rational, you don't keep taking medicine that's not working. Basically, you keep getting pills until you get something that makes you feel better. So, in reality, Ledger probably had a few bottles lying around, but that doesn't mean his doc gave them all at once. Bad reactions are very common, especially in cases of self medication.

Also, I wouldn't pay too much mind to all the he said- she said. Everyone involved is trying to cover their own ass. And in the case of the massage therapist, you can't necessarily blame them, but only wonder why they'd call Mary Kate Olsen. But, you can't fault them, because people are known to lose their heads and forget the most basic of things in an emergency. The pathologist was more or less asked to talk just to associate a face with a tragedy and to but blame on the therapist, so people have someone to get angry at, because as we all know, celebrities are infallible and cannot make mistakes... especially not ones who seem like genuinely good guys like Ledger is being portrayed.

The bare bones of it all is that Hollywood's pressures led Ledger to seek a medicinal cure for his ailments and from the looks of it, he mixed something that reacted very poorly. It's a tragedy, hands down. Nobody to blame, because nothing was intentional, as far as we know.
    Last edited by Pete; 01-25-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    Mary Kate speaks out for the first time since his death
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080125/...o/heath_ledger

just an update for you all and i guess the massage therapist called her 3 times before 911 and once after they arrived
    ~TFF Family~

Heath Ledger found dead. Takishi's Avatar
    Hmmmm...I have this little feeling that Mary Kate is involved with the pill thing or something...I don't know why I think that tho..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Takishi View Post
    Hmmmm...I have this little feeling that Mary Kate is involved with the pill thing or something...I don't know why I think that tho..
    My friend said that too,i'm not so sure but why would she want to hurt him?they were friends.
    ~TFF Family~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast