Thread: He head them pronounce him dead...

Che

He head them pronounce him dead...

OKLAHOMA CITY - Four months after he was declared brain dead and doctors were about to remove his organs for transplant, Zach Dunlap says he feels "pretty good."Dunlap was pronounced dead Nov. 19 at United Regional Healthcare System in Wichita Falls, Texas, after he was injured in an all-terrain vehicleaccident. His family approved having his organs harvested.
    As family members were paying their last respects, he moved his foot and hand. He reacted to a pocketknife scraped across his foot and to pressure applied under a fingernail. After 48 days in the hospital, he was allowed to return home, where he continues to work on his recovery.
    On Monday, he and his family were in New York, appearing on NBC's "Today."

"I feel pretty good. but it's just hard ... just ain't got the patience," Dunlap told NBC.
    Dunlap, 21, of Frederick, said he has no recollection of the crash.
    "I remember a little bit that was about an hour before the accident happened. But then about six hours before that, I remember," he said.
    Dunlap said one thing he does remember is hearing the doctors pronounce him dead.
    "I'm glad I couldn't get up and do what I wanted to do," he said.
    Asked if he would have wanted to get up and shake them and say he's alive, Dunlap responded: "Probably would have been a broken window that went out."
    His father, Doug, said he saw the results of the brain scan.
    "There was no activity at all, no blood flow at all."
    Zach's mother, Pam, said that when she discovered he was still alive, "That was the most miraculous feeling."
    "We had gone, like I said, from the lowest possible emotion that a parent could feel to the top of the mountains again," she said.
    She said her son is doing "amazingly well," but still has problems with his memory as his brain heals from the traumatic injury.
    "It may take a year or more ... before he completely recovers," she said. "But that's OK. It doesn't matter how long it takes. We're just all so thankful and blessed that we have him here."
    Dunlap now has the pocketknife that was scraped across his foot, causing the first reaction.
    "Just makes me thankful, makes me thankful that they didn't give up," he said. "Only the good die young, so I didn't go."

I'm hoping there will be a ton of research done on this guy's experience, or at least interviews.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cus...,4641900.story

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar
    Man, I wonder how many people who were buried or were disembalmed that would've had a chance to wake up again.

Interesting story.

Registered User He head them pronounce him dead... winterborn86's Avatar
    Damn thats creepy, jus think wot would of happened to him if he dint wake up, i dnt think its fair to pronounce someone dead, if theres a chance he could wake up

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

He head them pronounce him dead... You's Avatar
    Damn thats creepy, jus think wot would of happened to him if he dint wake up, i dnt think its fair to pronounce someone dead, if theres a chance he could wake up
    Yeah imagine if he would have woken up already buried...*shudders*

i dnt really understand how they pronounced him dead neway, to me if your heart is still beating then your still alive.

My TFF Family

I think its cos he was pronounced brain dead. Which means machines were keeping him alive. Thus if they turn off the machines he dies. But i guess his brain strarted functioning just in time.

he was one lucky guy. i still think that your alive if your heart still beats, jus coz his brain was dead doesnt mean he is. he is living proof that someone brain dead can make a recovery, an so its not fair for docs to say someone is dead jus coz their brain has stopped work. soz if what ive said is it a lil confusing

My TFF Family

But i think his heart wasnt beating. His brain was dead so how could his heart beat? Machines were the only thing keeping it beating. But i see where your coming from..

i always thought that, your heart could work without your brain, jus not the other way around?? will ave to look that one up

My TFF Family

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Creepy... What if he HAD been buried? What would you do if you woke up in a locked coffin? LOL, what if he woke up during a Wake?

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Entity
    Wow! Creepy... What if he HAD been buried? What would you do if you woke up in a locked coffin? LOL, what if he woke up during a Wake?
    If he had woken up in the coffin, he would die anyway. That's why they created the graveyard shift a long, long time ago. Too bad they don't do that now, because now we know there are some random oddities out there.

Quote Originally Posted by winterborn86
    i always thought that, your heart could work without your brain, jus not the other way around?? will ave to look that one up
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think your heart can still function even after the brain has stopped. That means the body is still alive, but the person isn't. You're basically dead if your mind has gone since the body can't do anything anymore.

There being no blood flow would be a sign of the heart having stopped pumping. so apparently this guy was technically really dead for a while..no brain functions, no heart functions...
    He's one lucky ****er to be alive...very strange though that his functions started working again. Like Kilo said, he needs to be examined badly.

Peace out
    Blargh?!?!

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar
    I remember watching something at Discovery Channel about a condition that makes someone pass out and can be mistaken as dead. There was this one story of a woman who practically woke up in a morgue. It has been awhile, I can't really remember much. That man in the story may have the same thing.