Thread: Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone?

G'day Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? NikkiLinkle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone?

Hehehe. I just remembered a funny thing I did a few months ago,so I will share it with you all!

It was lunchtime at work and I made myself some 2 minute noodles.

When I eat my lunch, I eat with one hand and use my phone with the other. I usually go on Facebook or read an ebook or whatever.

So I'm eating my noodles with my right hand and I've got my phone in my left hand. I'm eating away and I DROP MY PHONE IN MY BOWL OF NOODLES!

Oh my I remember my face just dropped and I was like oh for f**ks sake! There was noodles EVERYWHERE and my phone was full of noodle juice.

I tried it after it had dried out. It turned on! I was hopeful. My FFXIII screensaver lit up! I pressed the menu button, IT WENT TO THE CAMERA! I pressed the volume button, IT WENT TO THE CAMERA! All the buttons WENT TO THE CAMERA!

Obviously my poor phone did not recover and now still smells like chicken noodles.

I bought a new phone, the exact same one! Because it was the best deal at the time and now... I leave my phone on the table when I eat.

attempting to bribe the Mayor of Lambeth Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Xanatos's Avatar

Re: Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone?

Countless times. My previous phone went through some rough time, luckily it had metal casing making it endure quite a few hits. Last time it feel out of my hands, my pocket to be more precise it feel from 50 m, it still in working condition, except for display that is.

I carry N93 now, it's a solid brick, endurable, just the phone I need since I'm rather clumsy.

Sig and Avy made by Unknown Entity

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

When I was a teen I had an old Nokia, good as it was sturdy and I could be quite rough back then. It copped getting dropped in fresh water, salt water, falling out of my pocket and getting run over by a reversing car (cracked the back casing a little but the phone still worked), copped a few scratches from when I left it on my mate's coffee table and his dog decided to use it as a chew toy and all manner of other abuse.

Never dropped my Motorola Krzr before it carked it half a year after I bought it. Dropped my iPhone 3gs a couple times during my two year contract, slightly panicking both times, but it survived it and haven't yet dropped my newer smart phones, likely thanks to their bigger size (currently sporting an Xperia Play and it seems made for my hands.
    victoria aut mors

Memento RK Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Yoko's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I drop it all the time. At least once a week. The most interesting one was yesterday. Now, I have dropped my phone in water, I used some tricks and now it works perfectly, that was a while back.

Yesterday when I dropped my phone, the battery fell out. This has been happening a lot lately. I think the back might be breaking slightly. Anyway, when I go to put the battery back in, the phone starts to make a hissing noise. I let a couple of my other friends hear it (mostly because I wanted to know that I wasn't the only one that heard it). It kind of scared me. I kept the battery out for a while, and put it back in, the hissing noise was still there, so I thought I was going to need to take it to the phone company to get it fixed. The hissing noise did go away after the phone finished the restart. That poor phone, it finally found a voice . I think I might have knocked something out of place. It's been a real trooper.

Nikki, is it a blackberry? A few friends had the same problem after they dropped it in water (or liquid substance)
    [CENTER]
    The one and ONLY Female member of CPC8 Makin' it HAPPEN!

Things!!:

Sneaky Member of EVIL BAD GUYS

MSN RANDOMS:
    Brett Litz says (5:50 PM)
    (my first letter of my first name key is ****ed up, so i can't type that)
    vrett
    -_-
    ve yourself
    is what i said
    not "do you"
    ugh

Best RP:Final Fantasy Chronicles of Exigo~The Fall of Spira
    Check it out. The Fall of Spira is finished!

Blog Entries

No. My phone is an LG Optimus.

My boyfriend had the same phone as me and he dropped it and smashed the screen.

I have a suspicion, because everytime he gets angry, he takes it out on his phone, may have had something to do with it

I'm thinking of getting him one of those phones that builders use. So that way, it should last a year at least!

All is One.One is All. Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Firefly's Avatar

I dropped my phone once during Health Science class,and the teacher just stared at it and continued with her lecture,so I just picked it up and put it back in my pocket :3

But my grandpa on our vacation last week,ruined his little tracfone in a kinda bad,but funny way.:
    Well my pa,my little cousin,my youngest sister,and I were at the hotel pool.My cousin and sister were swimming,I was tanning,and pa was reading. Well at the hotel pool,there is a shallow end and a deep end(with a slide).And my cousin is about 3 feet tall(at the most? Im not sure) and the deep end was like 5 or 6 feet deep.Well she decided to go down the slide,which she did,and she came back up happy as everything.But then my sister,wanted to ride her back,and hopped on her back.My cousin went under and struggled to keep afloat,and my sister was still on her back laughing and telling her to move. I had my Ipod in(yea I know,some big sister I am... ) and didn't notice anything until my Pa noticed them.He threw his book on the ground and jumped in the water,cellphone,wallet,everything. He grabbed my cousin and we left lol.Well once we got back to our room,I put his phone and battery in a bag of rice,but it didn't help and so his 4 year old tracfone died that day

Sorry,but since we are on the topic of damaging phones,I figured I'd tell y'all :3
    Last edited by Firefly; 07-17-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    My TFF Family:
    * My Awesome Older Brother, Judge Magistrate :]
    * Illusion :]
    * Cait Sith :]
    * My Sweet,Caring,Older Sister angelmarie190515 :]
    * My FF Twin, nickness89 :]
    * My Favorite Australian Cousin, NikkiLinkle :]
    * My Long Lost Cousin, Hero without a Name :]

***98% of all teens have tried smoking pot and drinking. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your signature.

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiLinkle View Post
    I'm thinking of getting him one of those phones that builders use. So that way, it should last a year at least!
    While built to last, a lot of those phones miss out on features/software functionality. It may be more beneficial to grab a normal phone and a hard skin (some have an inner layer for shock protection as well). Alternatively, some smart phones are being built for people that want durability such as one my mate's been following, the Xperia Active, that is sturdier and waterproof to an extent (main reason he wants it, his last three phones died from jumping in a body of water with it in his board shorts side pocket).
    victoria aut mors

Crash Boom Bang Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Lily's Avatar

i never buy decent phones for this reason, Im constantly dropping them. Id had one of my phones for 3 weeks and dropped it down the loo. Amazingly I got it to dry out, turned the fire on full, piled some pillows up so the phone was directly underneath where the heat was spewing from and 15 minutes later it was working fine again

The same phone also had a narrow escape with a tin of white gloss, dropped it and it bounced off the edge of the tin, it wouldnt of recovered from that one

More often than not though its just flying out of my hand, back flies off battery flies out... urgh, I cant look after **** all

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've had my phone for three years, and it still works. Thing hasn't only been dropped millions of times, but hurled across the room a few times too.

Like I said, still works. Older phones were built to last.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

#LOCKE4GOD Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Older phones had fewer features = less likely to break. There used to be a really popular, cheap cellphone most people my age had when I was around... 14 or 15 (2004, 2005)... called the Nokia 2280.

Those things were built so solid. We threw one at a brick wall and NOTHING happened to it. One of my friends still has his. Nearing seven years old, countless drops and a brick wall, and the only reason he doesn't use it is because the network has been upgraded and you can't use phones from that era.

Try throwing an iPhone at a brick wall and see what happens. I miss simple technology.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? RagnaToad's Avatar

Yeah my phone has been dropped a lot of times and it's still working. My microphone is busted and texting doesnt always work from the first time, but I'm attached to my old baby. All these new fragile things don't appeal to me.

I remember miscalculating the distance from my bed to some cupboard when I had been drinking, and I just threw my phone straight against the wall. It survived.

Also: Wanted to quote Alpha and UE for truth but too lazy to properly edit my post.
    Last edited by RagnaToad; 07-19-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

I invented Go-Gurt. Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Clint's Avatar

I drop my phone all the time, but it doesn't matter. It sometimes falls to the ground, but most of the time, I just tell it to go back in my hand, and it does. Things around the world work like that since gravity doesn't exist.

Of course, things like this usually don't happen anymore, ever since that idiot Isaac Newton invented gravity and forced a bunch of morons to believe it. Ever since then, things have been falling down, but not back up.

Bananarama Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I drop both of my phones every day, numerous times. One of them is a construction Nextel, so the thing can go to hell and back, and still be fine. My LG Octane has also taken its fair share of falls, dings, and dents. The only thing wrong with it is the paintjob now. I'm hesitant to get a good phone because I know that within a day, it'll be so loaded with fine dust and dirt.

Then again, I'm on phone 12 or 13 in the past 8 years.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Boxer of the Galaxy Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Rowan's Avatar

The first time I really drank a lot was at my dads birthday when I was 16. I asked if I could have a beer and I managed to make 10 beers successfully look like one. I had been drinking earlier that day too. Anyway, I was vomiting in the toilet and recieving phonecalls at the same time. I was on the phone to someone and then I dropped the phone into the vomit filled toilet bowl. I sifted through the grainy warm chuncks and managed to retrieve my phone. I made the idiot drunk mistake of turning it on whilst it was still wet and covered in sick and it failed to start. Later on, I was told to use a hairdryer on my phone as it would dry the circuit boards and give it a chance of working. Alas OP, my phone was working absolutly perfectly except for the camera. It was a motorolla Razor. I had just gotten it for my bday in july and it had made it to feburary.

Yes. The last phone I had I dropped repeatedly, because it was a smaller size and slid out of my pocket alot while working. Eventually, the sound started messing up. I mean, you could still hear it, but it sounded as if the speaker was damaged.

I have a BlackBerry now and it has an OtterBox on it, so with that, my phone is pretty much drop-safe now.

Consistently Average Have You Ever Dropped Your Phone? Kurt Zisa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd hate to be my phone, it spends more time falling through the air and then on the ground then it does in my pocket. Im actually surprised its lasted so long. Its kinda basic,ie it texts, so i guess theres very little to go wrong. My dad's had his phone since before we moved out to NZ about 10 years ago now. The thing weighs a tonne but you can drop it down a flight of stairs and it'l be no worse for wear.
    Currently Playing:
    Pillars of Eternity (PC)

I play Magic! See what decks im playing or building here!

Genocide Unfolds, I Forgive All Chez Daja's Avatar

I never dropped either of my old Nokias. And when I say Nokia, I mean those massive ****ing brick things. I did drop my current slider phone though. I don't care; it's been on the fritz since I got it. My partner gave me his old phone when he got a new one and it works just great. I remember one time when there was an emergency at work, I had to rush somewhere so I picked up my extension and ran from my office, into a colleague, dropping the phone so it bounced down five steps and smashed into a wall. He and I just sort of looked at each other like: o_o oh shi-...
    Luckily it was one of the old extensions and I was waiting for the invoice for our new office extensions so nobody noticed.

The person in my avatar is me.

THIS SIGNATURE IS VERY DISTRACTINGS

I was the holder of the highest amount of rep that ever lived on TFF. 1788. lolz. I ween.

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've dropped my Blackberry more times than I care to count. Shit still works well, though. Surprisingly well built little things, they are.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

I can't a can't say a phone is mine. Officially until it has been dropped atleast 4 times and got some damage marks.

I am still a huge lg fan. My last phone took a drop from 26+ feet on multiple occasions. Funny thing is that it survived 2 back to bac drops with out a single. Defect. It was submerged in water and still worked too.

Like I said I am a lg fan but switched to the sidekick 4g recently and couldn't be happier with it. Only time I dropped this one it did a automatic restart and got a small scratch.

My phones in the past have been put through hell. Even the ones that I taught to fly did wonderfully, it was always the landing that killed them.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Blog Entries

I dropped my phone earlier, because my boyfriend was trying to put a peg in my hair (wtf?!) while I was on the phone. I was trying to get away from him and he knocked my arm.