Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Has TFF gotten boring?

Air from my lungs. Has TFF gotten boring? Violet's Avatar

I think a spam thread could be fun. You can always make sure it doesn't get too out of hand.

The Bad Boy of TFF Has TFF gotten boring? Block's Avatar

Re: Has TFF gotten boring?

I'd say that this place is quite a lot less boring recently! Yay for activity! LOVE YOU GUYS.

Last edited by Block; 02-02-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Mojo Jojo Has TFF gotten boring? Trunks's Avatar

I know I can't comment on the old times but I saw this and just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. The way I see it is this; the site can't have become all that boring. New people are joining all the time, aren't they? I joined yesterday and within 10 minutes of me doing so I wasn't up as the newest member anymore. I think that says something. Besides, even as I write this there are several 'guests' searching the various topics of this, quite frankly, versatile and unique site. I joined because I thought it seemed interesting. Since then I've spoken to some really quite unique people. I like them, that alone makes it interesting. I think the reason that people would find this place boring is a lack of actually doing anything to entertain themselves. Maybe some of the topics are 'old news' but with newer members come newer viewpoints, so each conversation can't possibly play out the same way. It just takes a few new comments and the conversations tone can turn 360 and become more than before. It's all about effort, and maybe (if you are bored of it on here) you should make the effort, or stop coming on?

That's what I believe, anyway.
    Last edited by Trunks; 02-23-2010 at 12:32 PM.

TFFF Ghost Has TFF gotten boring? Howling Wind's Avatar

Is this why you are banned. Phantom?

BTW, Che is the one awesome enough to post spam topics to up his post count and only get by with just it being locked.

But I still <3 you Che!

I don't think this place is boring at all. New people joining all the time and there is always posts.

Registered User Has TFF gotten boring? WilsonDean1990's Avatar

I Havent really been here that long compared to most of you, but i find it cool that if new news about Final Fantasy games come out, the peeps on TFF will keep you up to date with information and threads as well as people giving their opinions and experiences on past and upcoming games

TheDigitalManga Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigitalManga
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/hAID_tCqznY
    Bakuman Epsiode 1 Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../1/_SGnj0AI5WI
    Bakuman Episode 1 Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDigit.../0/szpHqaSscC4

I Think You Anime/Manga Fans would really like it!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    Is this why you are banned. Phantom?

BTW, Che is the one awesome enough to post spam topics to up his post count and only get by with just it being locked.

But I still <3 you Che!

I don't think this place is boring at all. New people joining all the time and there is always posts.
    There were many reasons with Phantom being banned; this thread was only a small piece in the whole ordeal.

TFF's not really boring anymore. Last year it was really slow because no one posted much and the userbase was mostly little kids like fate and ralz posting it up, but once people like Che, Gypsy, Block, Kisuke, and Dodie showed up, they put a lot of activity to the forums, which adds more activity.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

I want to play a game. Has TFF gotten boring? Zargabaath's Avatar

TFF will start buzzing with a load of new topics once Final Fantasy XIII is released and if anyone can get in the beta for FFXIV. Continuing with FFXIV that game is supposedly being released later this year so with two main FFs coming (granted one is a MMO) there will be a lot more activity.

I think there a good amount of activity (and I do have a question regarding TFF's activity with other FF community sites later on) with certain users being the driving force, though we are missing one - Kilala. Probably the toughest part is creating unique topics to be discussed as a lot have already been by the older members.

Now, on to my question that is directed towards people who are apart of other Final Fantasy communities besides TFF. This question does depend if "you", the responder, are apart of these communities but here I go. Would "you" say that FinalFantasyForums.net and FFShrine.org are more active than TFF?

I ask this because of the amount of users that are on are have stopped by at each site. Currently there are 20 members on finalfantasyforums, not that much more when compared to TFF but 174 of their members have stopped by today. I'm unsure if we ever get around 170 unique members to stop by any day.

FFShrine is a totally different beast as their are currenlty 156 members on which is way more than either TFF or FinalFantasyForums. Interestingly though the most users they have ever had at once is 486 which is lower compared to the 755 and 745 by FinalFantasyForums and TFF respectively. It also says on FFShrine that there are over 27 thousand active members; do they calculate their active users differently or is it similiar to ours?

One thing that stands out in FFShrine is the 1.3 million posts that site has compared to the 600k + at FinalFantasyForums and 400k + at TFF. Are those two sites considerably older than TFF?

I remember someone saying that most other Final Fantasy sites are dead compared to TFF, are those two an exception?

Main series FFs Beaten - FF: 4x, FFII: 3x, FFIII: 3x, FFIV: 3x, FFV: 3x, FFVI: 4x, FFVII: 5x, FFVIII: 5x, FFIX: 3x, FFX: 4x, FFXII: 3x, FFXIII: 2x, FFXV: 2x

Registered User Has TFF gotten boring?

^ I haven't been to FinalFantasyForums.net, but I have been to the FF Shrine one. To me, it seems that they are much more lenient with the things they can post, which is to say that a lot of stuff I looked at would be considered spam here.

Also, they are mostly known for their downloadable MP3's and ripped music from different things like games, movies and anime. A lot of those threads have posts that say "Thanks for the upload" and that's about it. You have to become a member to view the download links, so that explains the high member count as well.

One more thing: I think there was a cleaning out of posts that happened here at TFF before, and a lot of posts were deleted in the process, so that could be why the number is lower than those two sites.
    Last edited by Dodie16; 02-25-2010 at 02:01 PM.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Death Before Dishonor Has TFF gotten boring? Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    ^ I haven't been to FinalFantasyForums.net, but I have been to the FF Shrine one..
    I used to go to Shrine all the time. In fact that is how I found this place. There was a link.

As far as boring goes GC has been blowing up these past few weeks. I credit most of it to Block, and his brilliant thread ideas. They seen to be things that everyone enjoys posting about...

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

I feel epic... Has TFF gotten boring? Ralz's Avatar
    Apparently, I've died and gone to Game Heaven. Later, losers.

Nah, this place is far from boring. You just need to find a way to broaden your area of posting.

Then again, who hangs around all day on a forum? If they do, they must REALLY have nothing to do...

I'm going through a bit of a The World Ends With You phase right now.
    Click THERE:
    TFF Family:
    Alther Feyz Lucifer Primus CecilGod1994 Flaming Ragnarok Shadow of Darkness Dark Angel Kilala Sato Arashi RagnaToad RamesesII IceColdPillow Kisaragi^^ Elyon Seraphim Shiru MILK Vince Kisuke Ryu-Kentoshii Hirokima ethan

Less activity doesn't necessarily= boring, TFF doesn't seem as active as the other two before us (I've checked before because I was curious) I think they were "Final Fantasy forums" and "The Final Fantasy Shrine Forums" and then the one after us is "Eyes On Final fantasy Forums" when I checked. The first two have more active members than us and the Eyes On Final fantasy I don't think you can view active members without actually being a member, or maybe I'm an idiot and missed it lol.

Even if TFF is "less active", that just means there's closer members and if you're bored you probably haven't made enough friends. I'll admit though that there are some days where I'm like OMG there's nothing to post in mainly because I've already replied to everything, but that just says to me, make more topics to un bored myself.

Also why is everyone always talking about Kilala? not that I know her or anything, but I have seen some of her topics, I don't think one person is going to make TFF booming with new members.... except for Block maybe mm Jew fro magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Then again, who hangs around all day on a forum? If they do, they must REALLY have nothing to do...
    AND I am on the forum all day long, and I have plenty to do, I just multitask
    Last edited by GypsyElder; 02-25-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Elder View Post

Also why is everyone always talking about kilala? not that I know her or anything, but I have seen some of her topics, I don't think one person is going to make TFF booming with new members.... except for Block maybe mm Jew fro magnet
    Kilala was the female version of Block, just less spam and pictures, also you have to add *glomps*.

As for the activity issue, as I have said in previous posts. This place is a hell of a lot more active then it was a year ago and with the upcoming releases it is only bound to get busier.

As for boring, it is still not.

As for Phantom, he asked to get rebanned. End story.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Everyone is capable of making threads like the more active members, just gotta stop being lazy and stop thinking too hard when it comes to topic ideas. I don't make threads often because I prefer responding to the ones that are already made.. and I think that's what a lot of folks on here do as well.

Also, Final Fantasy Shrine may be active, but it's full of morons. It was my first FF forums that I ever attended(I was 14 at the time and had been an active member till I was like.. 17 or so..). It used to be a decent forum like TFF, but then retards took it over and it just became too dull for my tastes. TFF kicks its ass.. BOOYA!

Edit: Kilala was nothing like Block, if you actually got to know her on MSN.
    Last edited by Violet; 02-25-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violet View Post
    Edit: Kilala was nothing like Block, if you actually got to know her on MSN.
    Violet... I must say, you haven't exactly gotten to know me on MSN to judge if I'm like Kilala or not. Just an observation... oh and you're more than welcome to

Haha xD. I didn't mean it in a negative light.. you guys just have different posting styles. I always pictured Kilala as a cute polite kind of girl ((way to go for first impressions..)), and my first impression of you is..well, not cute and innocent, that's for sure.

So yeah, I'm going by first impressions. So far, you and Kilala are totally different other than the fact that you both brought activity.

other than the fact that you both brought activity.
    That was actually exactly what I was refering to. With both activity spikes have occured. When Kilala left there was a sudden down fall, almost drastic, in activity.

I would love to shee what would happen if Kilala decided to rejoin us now, it would be interesting.

This will probably be my last post in here, I kind of feel like a broken record. So I will leave it as this.

If you don't like how things are going don't bitch try to do something about it.

If you feel like you are trying to reinvent the wheel, don't you shouldn't fix things that aren't broken.

If you are pleased with TFF as it is, good for you.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Che

So, I was gonna wait and tell everyone later but.

Block is Kilala.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    So, I was gonna wait and tell everyone later but.

Block is Kilala.
    Dude wtf. I mean seriously. That shit is supposed to be a secret.

Haha xD. I didn't mean it in a negative light.. you guys just have different posting styles. I always pictured Kilala as a cute polite kind of girl ((way to go for first impressions..)), and my first impression of you is..well, not cute and innocent, that's for sure.

So yeah, I'm going by first impressions. So far, you and Kilala are totally different other than the fact that you both brought activity.
    I'm curious. What was your first impression of me? =o

Che

I thought you were a cop because your grammar and punctuation is 100% better than most members here who are much older.

Dropping knowledge on EQ and old stuff you shouldn't even know exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    I thought you were a cop because your grammar and punctuation is 100% better than most members here who are much older.

Dropping knowledge on EQ and old stuff you shouldn't even know exists.
    A cop? I don't even get that joke. Besides. I learned all that stuff from my dad. And I like to research stuff. As for my grammar. I'm just not lazy. And Macs have that... built in spellcheck thing. >>''

lol

Weird...

I thought to myself, "Basement dwelling neck-beard."

My couch pulls out but I don't. Has TFF gotten boring? midgetbob's Avatar

This about sums it up...

The Old Skool Warrior Has TFF gotten boring? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zargabaath View Post
    It also says on FFShrine that there are over 27 thousand active members; do they calculate their active users differently or is it similiar to ours?

One thing that stands out in FFShrine is the 1.3 million posts that site has compared to the 600k + at FinalFantasyForums and 400k + at TFF. Are those two sites considerably older than TFF?
    We'd have that many "active" members if I didn't prune off inactive accounts with less than 100 posts every six months. I have the forums "activity" counter set much shorter... like, you have to have logged in within the past month for the counter to consider you active. Most other forums have that counter set for longer time periods.

Also, this forum has had WELL over a million posts since 1997, but we go through massive spring cleanings every couple of years. Before the upgrades Fuzz did a couple years ago, we didn't really have as much space and bandwidth, so we had to get rid of old stuff periodically.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Gingersnap Has TFF gotten boring? OceanEyes28's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Uh, Howling Wind, I don't know why you suddenly needed the attention, but this thread is about TFF being boring.

TFF is boring because I suck the fun out of a forum.

EDIT: And also Cesar.

EDIT: I meant and also because of Cesar, not that I suck fun out of forums and also Cesar. That'd be way inappropriate.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 02-26-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

. SOLDIER ('04) . cHoSeN ('04) . Por Rorr Kitty9 ('09).
    HEY DO YOU LIKE MUSIC? Because I make music.
    LISTEN HERE!

Blog Entries

I thought she was this guy.

And I would not be sad to never hear another glomp again. In case most of you haven't noticed, all Kilala did was post random dumb stuff (kinda like what block does in a way), except a) it was like the empire state building of text with random ^^;s and *GLOMPS*, and b) it wasn't even that entertaining to me. I haven't been less active since she was around, and I don't really mind that she is gone. If she comes back, cool beans, but if not it wont bother me any.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Bananarama Has TFF gotten boring? Pete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wasn't a fan of Kilala. Her activity annoyed me as did the noob army she amassed.

That being said, as it's been said, if you want TFF to be active, POST.

And I bet Ally sucks the fun out of a lot of things.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries

I think your skeeze-wink is meant to imply that I am a whore and if that is so, then you are not only lying, but also, TFF is boring because you are a dick.
    Last edited by OceanEyes28; 02-26-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Yes, Cesar, but that would be retarded
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

Nicest Female 2006. Best Couple 2006. Nicest Female 2005. Best Couple 2005. Tie for Nicest Female 2004. Best Couple 2004. Flamer of the Week 2005.

"I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."

LISTEN HERE!

The Old Skool Warrior Has TFF gotten boring? LocoColt04's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like that you made "dick" large.

I mean, it really goes with the whole "sucking" thing.
    Community Manager; Forum Administrator

reppin' SOLDIER since 2004CPC8 class of 2009
    Random;:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009 TFF Awards nominations
    Best TFF Couple
    Martin and Priscilla
    Psiko and Hyzenthlay
    Rocky and LocoColt04 and Meier Link and Pete
    Unknown Entity and Mistress Sheena
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post
    I thought I was going to be able to play with Loco and then I remembered he doesn't game. He just turns on the game for an hour and then forgets about it for two months only to remember that he bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Che's not a girl. Not good enough explanation. Please elaborate.
    Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    Yes I am. I will bust out my vagina right now.

Blog Entries

I'm using Safari and it looks fine on my browser, so you and your browser can suck it.
    Curious?

Read more.

TFF Awards:

LISTEN HERE!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast