Thread: Happy Place

Blog Entries

Happy Place

So let's say you get into a slump of sorts; It's cool, it happens to everyone. Whether it be about stress, significant others (or the lack thereof), or if you're just randomly feeling down, it doesn't matter what it's about (or maybe it does for you), what do YOU do to get yourself out of the slump of sorts? Where is your happy place, and what does it all involve?

For me, I have a bad habit on dwelling over past stuff and it makes things harder to get over when I have it constantly playing through my head. The best way for me to get over things is just for me to have some alone time and just relax for a bit, and I sleep it off. The next day I do my best to stay busy as possible and get really involved with the present, and it cuts down on the depression time that I go through.

What else can people do? Thoughts?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Re: Happy Place

as for me im a realy stressed person...
    cant avoied stress so i live with it

usualy i do alot of changing in the total look
    since i had alot of drawning stuff lately i end up changing 100%
    but i mainly changed my hair cutted it 3 times last month with diffrent hair style each time
    change its color to black ???? last night
    but i realy get off slumps usualy by forcing the mind to think in diffrent things and changing everything alot

and the main thing being lazy lol
    and drinking alot of tea .....
    hot baths............ eating icecream
    and what i enjoy the most (evil laugh)
    sending my friends threating msgs lol

Registered User Happy Place

Rocky,

Forget about the past, you can't change it,
    Forget about the future, you can’t predict it,
    Forget about the present, I didn’t get you one!

^ Double-y relevant, because it's your birthday!!!

*ahem*

When I'm in a slump, I like to listen to relaxing music to help clear my head, and maybe meditate a bit about what's bothering me. Exercise is also a great way to get happy, since your endorphins get pumping, and those are happy hormones. Finally, a good cry can do wonders, at least for me it can.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Controlling With Fear Happy Place Unlucky Rufus's Avatar

Well there are several ways to try to help stress- like music, sex, frisbee, etc. But i personally like to go on a walk with just me and the ole' mp3 player, maybe a mile or two and i feel better.

Blog Entries

I sink down to the ground, gather my knees up to my chest with my arms, and rock back and forth, staring into nothingness and muttering incoherently to myself...

Yeah, when bad shit happens, I don't want to talk to or be around anyone for a little while. I gather my thoughts, planning out my next move. Then I talk to someone about it. Or else I might listen to music, read a book, or watch TV or something; anything to distract from what just happened. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Certified tech, come at me! Happy Place SuperSabin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

when i'm in a slump (i was in one the other day) i try putting my groove on with this song YouTube - Favorite VGM #1179 Super Bomberman 3 World 2

if that doesn't cheer me up, i look up funny pictures, you should definitely try memebase if you want a good laugh. Oddlyspecific is another good site.

another way to get cheered up is to talk with your friends about the things you usually like to talk about, joke around, hang out somewhere.
    Currently Playing:

Registered User Happy Place kupo's Avatar

i get stressed quite often. every once in a while it will all catch up to me and i'll have to spend a day or so alone to recuperate (and not in a pansy emo kind of way).

Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    but i mainly changed my hair cutted it 3 times last month with diffrent hair style each time
    change its color to black ???? last night
    i use to do that a lot also when i was in college. but ive got a "real job" now so i can't be going from pink to turquoise hair

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man." - Balthier

CURRENTLY PLAYING
    final fantasy xiii-2
    skyrim
    pokemon fire red

Blog Entries

Getting into a slump is directly proportional to too much optimist not enough realism. Bad shit happens. But you won't get anywhere thinking every day is a bag of doom waiting to dump on your jinga-tower of joy. Bottom line is if you're too optimistic you're not realistic, but if you're too pesimistic then you anticipate over half of life's surprises, and what's the fun of that?

At every stressful point I shrug it off until it finally gets to me. Which inevitably happens to every emotionally aware individual. What can you do but restrain yourself from lashing out at people? I just need about twenty minutes each day to put on a cup of tea, find a place of total darkness and tune up a white noise generator operating at about 10 Hrz and work my way down with my eyes closed. Sometimes I use a Mantra, sometimes a Koan, sometimes I deliberately space out until I find myself not thinking at all. These sessions are always better in a hot bath and afterwards a good mindless shlock horrorsploitation or cult sci-fi movie works wonders.

Absorbing work, hobby or appropriate music works well here. And chocolate I think is also considered a universal cure-all in those situations..

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 11-10-2010 at 03:55 AM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I'm in a slump... I do things to cheer myself up. Like, I'll take a shower and play a game or watch a movie. A lot of the time when I'm in a slump, I'm just bored and don't feel like doing anything.

Also, I get over things very quickly when I'm left alone. When I'm angry/upset/hurt/slumpy/whatever, I just want time to think and stress about it. If I talk about it, I'll just end up aggressive and talk a load of shit.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

It really depends for me. Most of the time I can just go play with the kiddos and it pulls me out of what ever slump I am in. They bring a lot of joy into my life.

As for the times when that doesn't work; I tend to become very lone wolfish. I avoid people and find someone to watch the kids for a few so I can go drive or go some where were it is quite so I can be alone in my thoughts. Even though that is probably not the best thing because half the time my mind is my worst enemy, can't get the damn thing to quit running.

Back in the day I use to play drums and if I was to down I would just go back to my room, close the door and thrash on my kit for a while. Also fighting punching things was something I use to do a lot, it seemed to work.

Also I have found it actually quite relaxing (of the mind) to get out and do something physical like; work out, push mow the lawn, swing an axe, or other things along those lines.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User Happy Place fierytempest's Avatar

For me, I try to see friends or talk to someone to take my mind off of things. I'm kind of a private person in general, and I like my own time. So when I'm feel depressed, I tend to go the opposite way for most people and just spend time with others. Not only does it take my mind of bad things, it helps me realize what I should be thankful for, and put things into perspective a lot.

Except for those times when I'm just feeling down (like now because of crappy seasonal depression) which you can't really do about it, if I'm feeling sad about a specific thing, I just try to change it. Instead of moping, I try to do something better. Or put the steps in motion to change it. (i.e. taking online classes for my first year of college, so when life seems monotonous, work on my college applications.) I personally feel that wasting time crying about something is energy you could be using to make things better.

And then when things are out of my control, I cry and pick up the pieces again. No matter what the disappointment may be, you gotta keep on keepin' on.

Lover I don't play to win, but for the thrill until I'm spent.