Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guys against Girl gamers

Govinda
    I don't consider myself a girl gamer, really, because I'm not a gamer. I probably used to be. I was better than most men I knew at SSX and the other games we'd play on rainy days.

I think it's a pointless argument, to be honest.

But also, I do think that women are generally crapper than men at games. I'm not a mysogenist here, hold on. It's also the reason why there are fewer female guitar players. Things like long games and guitars take long hours of attention, pickiness, and general fiddling about. I have never met a female who could be bothered doing all the side quests in RPGs and learning all the combo attack things in fighting games. I've met a few who are pretty good at Halo, but that's mostly just so they can beat their boyfriends at it.

However, one game women destroy men at - The Sims. I have never met a male who plays the Sims, and would frankly have to look twice at a man who told me all about this ace ****ed up family he'd made and the nice house he built for them. I have never known a man make a 'sim' version of himself, and then a 'sim' version of the person they're interested in, and then bred them. Sadly, I have known women who do this. I am pleased to say that I am not one of them. I play the Sims when I have nothing to do, I'll admit. But I play for fun. I have a woman called Peace of Westphalia who has 9 kids to 8 men, and she dresses like a total ho. It's ace.

~The Prince of the Moon~ Guys against Girl gamers Hiromi Kikawada's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Chez Daja;1171425]Where did you get that statistic? I'm pretty sure you just made it up. To be honest, I didn't meet a single girl in college who gamed. I was the only one in my class, and like, one of three in the whole art department (there were a couple in the graphic art course, naturally).

O_O...oh...maybe i said too much....i guess 45%is a little too much...but it is true that i heard people saying it.Is my grammer wierd Chez Daja-san?

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa
    There are some mad creepy people who game. Srsly.
    MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Gov
    I have never met a male who plays the Sims, and would frankly have to look twice at a man who told me all about this ace ****ed up family he'd made and the nice house he built for them. I have never known a man make a 'sim' version of himself, and then a 'sim' version of the person they're interested in, and then bred them.
    I've been bored enough to do all of that bar the 'breeding bit'. But then again when really bored I just start playing games involving the Sims lives like one of those creepy puppet masters in some horror movies. Removing the exit points on a pool is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkuffx
    I do see more guy noobs i have to say,no offense. Alot of girl gamers I see and know in game are alot more mature than the males,but thats usually the way it is in life anyway lol.(no offense)
    None taken. I can't believe I didn't reply to this sooner. But that was actually the point I was trying to make. Though female gamers are less in number, the superior female gamers often seem to beat the superior male gamers. In some console games like street fighter, I'm guessing it might partially be the often slender fingers and slightly higher dexiterity many females seem to possess. In online shooters, some seem psychotic. Often silent and damn accurate...

There are indeed some female gamers I wouldn't dare disrespect as I know full well they'd hand me my virtual ass with barely any effort. Locally I'm more afraid of the serious girl gamers than males though I acknowledge that may not be a good indicator of the wider gaming community.
    victoria aut mors

Sir Prize Guys against Girl gamers Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Govinda View Post

However, one game women destroy men at - The Sims. I have never met a male who plays the Sims, and would frankly have to look twice at a man who told me all about this ace ****ed up family he'd made and the nice house he built for them. I have never known a man make a 'sim' version of himself, and then a 'sim' version of the person they're interested in, and then bred them. Sadly, I have known women who do this. I am pleased to say that I am not one of them. I play the Sims when I have nothing to do, I'll admit. But I play for fun. I have a woman called Peace of Westphalia who has 9 kids to 8 men, and she dresses like a total ho. It's ace.
    I LMAO off... I can't play Sims... I tried. My sister bought it for me for my Birthday... Sims Busting out or something equivalent... After about...idk...three hours of gameplay later, I questioned the point of living. And lets be honest, that's what the game does... Why get a job, when you can make your Sims do it. Why fall in love, build a house, fall asleep, clean your room, take a bath or use the bathroom.

I just couldn't force myself to do all of that... Life is a more convincing game, why accept substitutes.

ANYWAY...

Girls vs Guys, right? *shrugs* Okay. I'm willing to admit some girls are better gamers than me... My sister could kick my ass at Sonic everyday. But bring her into my world of RPGs... or make her take on Fallout 3, Oblivion, KOTOR, Diablo, Resident Evil, Silent Hill... Know what all those games have in common? They scare her to death and she can't play them.

But so what? So what if girls are better gamers? I'm not competitive and gaming isn't necessarily a competitive past time.

-Sin
    Last edited by Sinister; 11-22-2008 at 05:02 AM.

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Vagabond Thief Guys against Girl gamers Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol I posted this almost a year ago. I dont really care if I dont get along with guys in a game anymore but sometimes they can just be really rude. I guess ive changed alot since I posted this because I dont have any conflicts with anyone,if someone starts crap with me I just stick them on ignore now I dont even reply,or i'll just not reply and get over it. it's not worth getting upset over a game,especially when there is plenty of people who like me in game and out of game so its all good now.
    So if a mod wants to close this its fine with me as it is a very old topic that got dragged up again LOL.
    Last edited by Rikkuffx; 11-22-2008 at 05:49 AM.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

Princess Sugarsprinkles Quistis's Avatar
    I don't think we should let ourselves be affected because of immature comments by some people. We know they don't know us and they don't know any better. I've been a gamer since I was a kid and no one accused me of looking like a beast IRL. Which is the most important since they see me in person =P Anyhow, whether you look good or not it really shouldn't affect you.

These people have a very limited perspective of things. In fact, some chats in WoW will just either, make you laugh because of how immature the conversation is or shake your head in disappointment lol. Some of them are probably just e-peening (nerd talk here haha) and overcompensating.

Also, I dont really let anyone know that I am a girl unless they hear me in ventrilo and if they ask a question that my reply would indicate that I am a girl.

Vagabond Thief Guys against Girl gamers Rikkuffx's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Quistis for your input and everyone else. I am no longer affected by this. it was almost a year ago and I completely forgot this happend until this thread popped up again LOL. Like i said in my above post I dont care anymore its their opinions they are probably just being jerks because its the net and all that. I usually dont let them know i'm a girl unless I talk or they ask me.Which some people are perfectly fine with it. Oh well,its all doen now.
    ~TFF Family~
    Doc Rocco-My illegitimate and nefarious son
    Fishie-My lusty neighbor who loves to egg old people!
    Martin-My awesome Tff lil bro who lets me cry on his shoulder!
    Unknown Entity-My wonderful banner making sis <3
    Halie-my slightly crazy but wondeful sis <3
    My geeky maple story loving bro-joesteel64

There are plenty of girls who suck at gaming, but the same applies for guys. It's not a gender thing really.
    Some gamer chicks look like roadkill, sure I will admit that, but there are plenty of (read this as: tons of) male gamers that will never be touched by a female besides their mother and even she does it against her will, seriously they're butt ugly as hell. Yeah I'm playing the friendly card here..
    Truth is there's no difference between male and female gamers, people from all parts of society play video games, whether they are cute or hideous and sucky or experts at games.

Peace out
    Blargh?!?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2