Thread: Grizzled Old Men

Blog Entries

Grizzled Old Men

Aren't they awesome? These past four days, I have been taking a course that was taught by one. He has been fighting forest fires since he was 16 (before child labor laws) and his mannerisms and speech made it sound like he was always mildly annoyed about what he was saying. He also had that low, raspy voice... and a gray mullet and mustache. Some people might not have liked him, but I did, because I think grizzled old men are awesome.

I mean, look at Clint Eastwood. You can't go wrong with Clint Eastwood. Also, there was that one Saturday Night Live game show skit about who was the most grizzled old man.Of course, you don't want to cross them, and they're not gonna put up with your bullshit, youngster. When I grow up, I hope I can be just as grizzled as them.

Who's your favorite grizzled old man? Mine is Walt Kowalski, as of right now, because I don't remember many others. Also, please tell awesome stories of grizzled old men. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

Sir Prize Grizzled Old Men Sinister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Grizzled Old Men

Toshiro Mifune... He's the Japanese version of Clint Eastwood and he looks like he could kick Bruce Lee's ass ten time over...which converts to twenty times Chuck Norris' ass.

-Sin

Fear not, this is not...the end of this world.

"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good..."

Air from my lungs. Grizzled Old Men Violet's Avatar

Sean Connery.. old and grizzled, but still looking sharp. His voice is one of the most recognizable voices in the media. I bet he still has luck with the ladies. How old is he now.. 900?
    Last edited by Violet; 04-26-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Registered User Grizzled Old Men

Sam Elliott:

^ In that particular picture, that's him playing the role of the Stranger from The Big Lebowski, and to be honest, that's the only movie I've seen him in. I think he does fit the role of grizzled old man, because taking a quick peek at his filmography, he did seem to do a lot of westerns. Oh, and you can't go wrong with a mustache as awesome as what he has. :3
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Good things await me in the future.

Until now!

I will finish the hunt Grizzled Old Men Cheesevixen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't say I share the same enthusiasm as the rest of you do. I am a cocktail waitress at an oldies night club. So I tend to deal with the bad side of old men on a rather regular basis. Drunk, and mean lol. However I DO like that they tip better than younger people.

My favorite old guy is this regular I have named Tim. Such a good tipper, and he always likes to tell me how when his SS starts coming in he's going to marry me. It's adorable and all jokingly but still.....funny.

I also love Sean Connery....;-)
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn"

Che

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesevixen View Post
    My favorite old guy is this regular I have named Tim. Such a good tipper, and he always likes to tell me how when his SS starts coming in he's going to marry me. It's adorable and all jokingly but still.....funny.
    Creepy.

I think "grizzled" old men are hilarious, but I wonder what goes through their mind. How can you hate youngsters, when you most definitely were one yourself. Don't try to play like when you turned 18 you were instantly full of wisdom.

I find old asian dudes to be hilarious because they are stereotypically all in good health and shape, and they are quiet and have a good appreciation for things but still have a great sense of humor.

Blog Entries

Sam Elliott has also been in Tombstone and We Were Soldiers that I've seen (and he was pretty damned grizzled in the latter, heh.) I've heard he actually lives around here, and people have seen him at a local restaurant on occasion. Say he's really nice.

How about Cid Highwind from FF7? Though he's really not that old or real...Harrison Ford is getting up there now, though. He was grizzled when he played Jack Ryan in Clear and Present Danger, 20 years ago.

I also remember this one old guy my friend told me about when she worked at the crazy old person home. He was always a jerk to everyone, and no one wanted to deal with him. One day she was working with him, and he was giving her crap, so she was all like "Shut up old man! I'm not taking your crap!" And he was like, "I like you!" Then some later day, he was being forced down the hallway to breakfast, yelling, "I don't wanna go to breakfast! Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it!" Then he saw my friend and was like "Hi [friend]!" and then continued on down the hallway yelling "damn it damn it damn it!"

As for why old people don't like young people, it's because young people are stupid. And once you get older, you're not stupid anymore. It's the same reason why some members who have been on a forum a long time don't like newer members, and the age difference is even smaller there. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

I invented Go-Gurt. Grizzled Old Men Clint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    I mean, look at Clint Eastwood. You can't go wrong with Clint Eastwood.
    Thank you, boy. I appreciate the kind words. My grizzled looks make me proud to be a man. If I were a woman, at my age, I'd be saggy and deflated-looking. Instead of looking like an old bag, I look like a distinguished badass. This is the reason why I dumped Sondra Locke and married a woman thirty-five years younger than me. It's the reason why all old men tend to hunt after women half their age. We're just too good looking to be seen with old women.

Memento Rhapso Grizzled Old Men Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Telegraph View Post
    How about Cid Highwind from FF7?
    Hellz yeah! Cid was everything the pissed of old guy in any game should be!
    "Make them some damn tea!!"
    However, in teh real world, mah favourite would be my 7th grade
    Social Studies teacher, Mr. Bolejack! He wasn't quite old then, but he must be by now! He taught a fighting class in the school, used words like "burly", lived in the woods for a portion of his life, and named his kid Leonidas Bolejack. Yeah, he was extreme! But then the school fired him for being a free-thinking teacher.

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

forever alone in hell Grizzled Old Men final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Sam Elliott:

^ In that particular picture, that's him playing the role of the Stranger from The Big Lebowski, and to be honest, that's the only movie I've seen him in. I think he does fit the role of grizzled old man, because taking a quick peek at his filmography, he did seem to do a lot of westerns. Oh, and you can't go wrong with a mustache as awesome as what he has. :3
    yea sam elliot rules lol idk my mom makes me whatch westerns with her

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

Maridia

Old Snake, Sam Fisher, they're the ultimate video game bad ass.

Even in real life I've talked to and heard stories from several people who served in WWII. Technology and weaponry wasn't as high tech. And wow those are some horror stories gotta respect them.

The Bad Boy of TFF Grizzled Old Men Block's Avatar

I can't believe we haven't seen this man yet.

Forget grizzled old men.

Grizzled old men with eye patches is where it's at.
    Last edited by Jin; 04-27-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Until now!