Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General Chat Thread. (Discussion of the idea, not the actual thread.)

Che
    Because AIM is gay and MSN can only hold chats with 3-4 people I think? (might be wrong)

Lady Succubus General Chat Thread. (Discussion of the idea, not the actual thread.) Victoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uh, no, not anymore. MSN can hold chats with as many people as you want.

To bad I see those MSN chats once every 2 months or so.

Blog Entries
    I agree with Che and Ragna, we should bring back the TFF chat thingie again. Hell, it was the main reason I joined tff back in the day, lol. We could probably improve on getting more members to come by making it available, like it did for me.

MSN for the most part works pretty well but sometimes it can be squirrelly and be hard to use, like sometimes it can kick people people off and when you sign back in you have to have people make a whole new chat just to get that one person back in at times.
    Last edited by Rocky; 08-12-2009 at 05:07 PM.
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Shake it like a polaroid picture General Chat Thread. (Discussion of the idea, not the actual thread.) RagnaToad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Che View Post
    Because AIM is gay and MSN can only hold chats with 3-4 people I think? (might be wrong)
    You are indeed wrong. I didn't even know there used to be a limit on it. And I've had MSN for over 5 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    I agree with Che and Ragna, we should bring back the TFF chat thingie again. Hell, it was the main reason I joined tff back in the day, lol. We could probably improve on getting more members to come by making it available, like it did for me.

MSN for the most part works pretty well but sometimes it can be squirrelly and be hard to use, like sometimes it can kick people people off and when you sign back in you have to have people make a whole new chat just to get that one person back in at times.
    A sane man!

And are you talking about people getting kicked off by MSN itself? As in 'logged out for no apparent reason'?
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    And are you talking about people getting kicked off by MSN itself? As in 'logged out for no apparent reason'?
    Yes that is exactly what he is talking about. It is a common occurance when we have some of the bigger TFF chats that someone will get kicked off line and when we try to readd them it states that they are "Already a part of this chat" even though they are not. We have to end up making a whole new chat just to get that one person back into the convo.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I figure a good route for something like this would be it's own sub-forum, with no post count and a means of applying for it to deter potential spammers. That way you wouldn't have just one massive thread with way too much going on, but a whole sub-forum with threads pertaining to off-topic topics.

If that doesn't seem like an appealing idea, then I agree the AIM/MSN TFF Chats should be considerably more frequent. One of the main reasons I'm not as active as I once was is that I hardly know you people anymore. My friend pool here has dwindled significantly so I don't see as much of a point in being active at a place I feel almost alien in. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. There definitely needs to be SOME form of mass communication here.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Shake it like a polaroid picture General Chat Thread. (Discussion of the idea, not the actual thread.) RagnaToad's Avatar
    Isn't it possible to create a subforum that requires a password or a separate sub-account?

I've seen it one other forums.

The politics forum would be a subforum for which you'd need an extra feature on your account. That way it can be controlled who posts in those forums.

That would be a very easy way to keep people from spamming. Plus, you could make people kind of have to earn being allowed to post in it. But that's sctretching it.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2