Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gaming fandom

Gaming fandom

I think that the tendency to justify your purchases with 'loyalty' kind of fades away after a certain time.

I like some of U2's music. I also hear that Bono is a total asshat. Big deal. I'm going to keep liking the music I like, it doesn't make a fuck.

I like some Final Fantasy games. I despise others. No big. I don't feel the need to defend them with contortional argument.

Have a beer, Nix, LOLOLOLOL you're a twat not me arsehole
    "I find this all to be highly inappropriate."

Blog Entries
    I think it's perfectly normal and acceptable to be a fan of something and still not like every release. Music, movies, books, games.

I haven't really liked any Final Fantasy games since 9. 10 was meh, 12 eh, 13 bleh and 15 was actually better than expected. I still consider myself a fan even though I haven't liked much of anything squeenix has done or plans on doing.

Same goes for books. I love Cormac McCarthy but Blood Meridian was a fucking chore to read. I may have even given up on it.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN
    Crao Porr Cock8- Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers

Blog Entries
    I'm not really a gamer anymore. I play some video games, but not many. It took me 3 years to play Fallout 4, and before that, I had preordered New Vegas and Skyrim. I was just not excited about video games anymore. It's weird, though, because in this past year, I played Wizardry 8 for the first time. That game came out in 2000, I think. It was a lot of fun. It had a similar magic to a lot of the games I loved from that time period, like FF9 or Morrowind. I kinda have an urge to play it again, already, and that usually doesn't happen anymore with me and games.

As for being a fan of the people who made the games... well, I dunno anything about those people, but it seems like anyone who is found out to have conservative, or just non-sjw, viewpoints, is being ostracized from the community, and that's bullshit. I remember when people were able to look past their political differences with one another and talk about things, and not deciding that the other person is absolute scum because they don't agree with 100% of their world view. And yeah, I'm going there, because you can't really not do that anymore. Simple differences of opinion are being hyperbolized as racist/sexist/bigoted attacks at every turn, now. Even saying, "hey, I think maybe you're overreacting" is seen as an attack, much of the time. It's getting fuggin' ridiculous.

One game developer I am a fan of, however, is Notch. He has made all the money he has needed for the rest of his life, and so he isn't worried about whether the things he says upsets people or not. It's not that he goes out of his way to upset people, either, I don't think; he just says whatever he's feeling at the time. A lot of the time, it's just a goofy tweet. Other times, it can be super blunt. And regardless of whatever hit piece is written about him, it won't really hurt him, because he's already done what he needs to do to live comfortably the rest of his life. (And yeah, I know this opinion may seem funny coming from me, from people who have been on the site long enough to remember what I was like, just a few years ago, but my perspectives have changed a lot in the past few years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taco-Calamitous View Post
    As for being a fan of the people who made the games... well, I dunno anything about those people, but it seems like anyone who is found out to have conservative, or just non-sjw, viewpoints, is being ostracized from the community, and that's bullshit. I remember when people were able to look past their political differences with one another and talk about things, and not deciding that the other person is absolute scum because they don't agree with 100% of their world view. And yeah, I'm going there, because you can't really not do that anymore. Simple differences of opinion are being hyperbolized as racist/sexist/bigoted attacks at every turn, now. Even saying, "hey, I think maybe you're overreacting" is seen as an attack, much of the time. It's getting fuggin' ridiculous.
    I highlighted a word that I find to be very interesting.

You can't spell ostracism without racism, and that is exactly what people like that are doing, they are setting themselves up as a 'race' of people whom have similar viewpoints (today) about a certain issue. Once this kind of 'everyone who wants to be in my club has to argue these bullet points' mentality gets out of control, what you have is known, denotatively, as a C-U-L-T 'Cult.'

This is how Cults form. It truly is one of the most insane, disturbing, and horrifying things that humanity has created, cult mentality. I have lived my entire life either being thrown out of social groups or walking out of them of my own volition, to avoid this kind of thinking. Now it's EVERYWHERE. A person like me, an artist who likes to think for himself, is basically being ground into the dirt by this world, by this point.

And it all starts with someone saying in elementary/middle/high school 'That person over there is not cool because they are different from me and the people at my lunch table.' I don't know about anyone else, but I am struggling to mature into an adult state of mind, and even questioning what that actually is, now. This world is absolutely falling to pieces and nobody seems to care.

But then, all I can do is whinge about it, I'm not a sociologist, I have no idea what any solution might be.

Boxer of the Galaxy Gaming fandom Rowan's Avatar
    One game developer President I am a fan of, however, is Notch Trump. He has made all the money he has needed for the rest of his life, and so he isn't worried about whether the things he says upsets people or not. It's not that he goes out of his way to upset people, either, I don't think; he just says whatever he's feeling at the time. A lot of the time, it's just a goofy tweet. Other times, it can be super blunt. And regardless of whatever hit piece is written about him, it won't really hurt him, because he's already done what he needs to do to live comfortably the rest of his life. (And yeah, I know this opinion may seem funny coming from me, from people who have been on the site long enough to remember what I was like, just a few years ago, but my perspectives have changed a lot in the past few years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

(Goes to the supermarket to get another beer)

Also, for old time's sake:

https://i.imgur.com/udgv9Ha.mp4

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Gaming fandom Polk's Avatar
    I love it when conservatives whine about dumb shit like this.

Counterpoint: Maybe you're just an asshole, and that's why people don't want to talk to you.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Polk View Post
    Do you love it, or just like it? Or, if you like it, do you 'like it' like it?

Counterpoint: Maybe you're just an asshole, and that's why people don't want to talk to you.
    We are all assholes.

Its obvious from this post you don't have a high opinion of conservative views.

Blog Entries

I'm not a conservative, I voted for Sanders and then Stein during the general elections, and I'm registered Green (Democrat during the primaries). I just have a little something called "objectivity." Is that a foreign concept to you? It didn't seem like it used to be. Guess time changes people.

I'm not a conservative or a liberal, myself. Those are political ideologies, not things that a person is.

I mean, you can say that you 'are' your profession, i.e. "I am a cockring salesman," or "I am a rubber chicken viscosity tester," etc, but saying "I am a liberal" or "I am a conservative..." That seems like a dehumanizing thing to me, personally. I don't identify my existence based on how I think government should be done. Am I really the only person who doesn't do this anymore?

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.jpg

Blog Entries
    Nah, you're not the only one. I like to quote Treebeard: I'm not altogether on anyone's side, because no one is altogether on my side.Treebeard.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    I'm not a conservative or a liberal, myself. Those are political ideologies, not things that a person is.

I mean, you can say that you 'are' your profession, i.e. "I am a cockring salesman," or "I am a rubber chicken viscosity tester," etc, but saying "I am a liberal" or "I am a conservative..." That seems like a dehumanizing thing to me, personally. I don't identify my existence based on how I think government should be done. Am I really the only person who doesn't do this anymore?

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.jpg
    It doesn't tend to matter to people under a certain younger age. When you get older, things like politics matter. Ideas influence beliefs, beliefs influence actions, actions affect others. I understand how it seems to dehumanize people by putting a label on them, but whenever someone has told me they are a liberal, I can be sure they support the misappropriation of language and mental illness etc

Labels are useful and not useful at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    It doesn't tend to matter to people under a certain younger age. When you get older, things like politics matter. Ideas influence beliefs, beliefs influence actions, actions affect others. I understand how it seems to dehumanize people by putting a label on them, but whenever someone has told me they are a liberal, I can be sure they support the misappropriation of language and mental illness etc
    I'm not exactly a spring chicken, Rowan. Also, I have no idea what you just said at the end of the paragraph. I'm a froogin' musician, for goodness' sakes. Which political party is going to support my livelihood? Hint: the answer is none.

Blog Entries
    It depends on the music you play.

I'm convinced I can become a country Megastar, or song writer to the megastars. Just sing about a hard day at work, your hetero partner, your dog, your truck, memories about the good ol days, pappy's truck, God, beer or the troops.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Look, I get what you're saying, but the people who do that, acts like Taylor Swift, Zac Brown, Florida Georgia Line...

I can't stand their music for an instant. I'm a rock guitarist and singer...

I suppose I should amend what I said earlier and say "I'm a froogin' ROCK musician."

Blog Entries
    Would you consider doing alt-country? The Avett Brothers are pretty big. I don't think they sing about that stuff, but eh.

Would you consider doing alt-country? The Avett Brothers are pretty big. I don't think they sing about that stuff, but eh.
    Yeah, I could. My stuff is kind of tinged with it as it is, being a resident of Nashville and all. Huge Son Volt/Wilco/Ryan Adams fan as well.

Wait, how did we get on this?

Blog Entries
    Don't know too much of Son Volt, but I like Uncle Tupelo and love Lucero and Drive-by Truckers/ Jason Isbell.

And uh, sometimes these things happen and it's a beautiful thing.
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Son Volt and Wilco were two bands formed by former members of Uncle Tupelo, Jeff Tweedy and...

Ok I have to look it up. . . . . Jay Farrar. Jay Farrar formed Son Volt and Jeff Tweedy went and started Wilco.

One of my favorites by Son Volt is "Straightface." I also remember when Wilco released their album "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot," and everyone in Nashville was sort of talking about how their label didn't want to release it, so they went with a new label. It's really weird, but I feel like 'standard' Nashville songwriting could have used a kick in the pants. Unsurprisingly, they have stuck absolutely to pandering to people from rural areas whom are still living in 1939 in their head.

I mean, nothing against rural people. I'm one of the few people who doesn't judge someone based on where they're from or what they think. But wisdom and education are good for a person, also. I don't feel like rejecting learning is a wise decision for any human being in any age.

It is really hard to have any kind of deep discussion with rural people, and people whom choose to identify themselves with that cultural mindset. They always seem to think you're trying to turn them on to them devil durgs, or something. (psst...someone needs to tell them that Budweiser is in fact a drug, as is Folgers)

I used to be a gamer, but fortunately I am more focused on the reality now. After receiving free gift of salvation from our awesome LORD GOD in Heaven, I prefer reality so much more! :-) Receiving this gift, being born again, is the best thing that can happen to a human being! :-) I really hope that more of You will experience that. You can be in a loving relationship with our awesome Maker.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Matt 11:28 - 30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

J 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Blog Entries
    I used to be a religious nut and then I realized that everything in the world is a work of God. Even videogames! Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

What if I told you I used to be addicted to Oxycodone, but was able to get myself off of them because of Minecraft. I mean, that's not true, but neither is the idea that Jesus cares if I'm posting on a final fantasy website talking about southern rock.

Here's another Bible quote for you. Pete 8:28 "Go far from this land and impregnate yourself with thine own opinion".
    SOLDIER
    cHoSeN

Quote Originally Posted by LANA View Post
    I used to be a gamer, but fortunately I am more
    focused on the reality now. After receiving free gift of salvation from our awesome LORD GOD in Heaven, I prefer reality so much more! :-) Receiving this gift, being born again, is the best thing that can happen to a human being! :-) I really hope that more of You will experience that. You can be in a loving relationship with our awesome Maker.

2 Peter 3:9 - The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Matt 11:28 - 30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

J 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Hello again insane troll ex wife. It's so great that you haven't stopped being a gaping Black Materia Summoned Meteor size asshole.

God loves me so much. Sure. So much that my life has gone to utter shit and choke chained me at every last turn. In closing, shut your fat pie hole.

Hello again insane troll ex wife. It's so great that you haven't stopped being a gaping Black Materia Summoned Meteor size asshole.

God loves me so much. Sure. So much that my life has gone to utter shit and choke chained me at every last turn. In closing, shut your fat pie hole.
    There is no need to insult. I mean You no harm. I come in peace, with love towards other human beings, including You. I want all the best for You, that You get reconciled with our loving Father in Heaven.
    Matt. 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Here are some materials for You:
    kingjamesbibleonline.org
    answersingenesis.org
    livingwaters.com
    I hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by LANA View Post
    There is no need to insult. I mean You no harm
    . I come in peace, with love
    Let me stop you right there, LANA.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that you are neither a troll or even that you are attempting to make your prosely-bot pass the Turing Test. Let's say you are a real person, honestly and from the goodness of your heart, trying to edify and uplift my spirit. (You do remind me very much of a piano-playing Jesus Freak whom I was once married to, though, just so you know.)

Understand that the human being you are speaking with is 100% broke, homeless and sleeping in his car at a Rest Area as he types this. I have read the Bible back to front. It is what I was raised by my biological parents who stayed together until my mother's death to believe was the unquestionable word of God given to humans by divine inspiration.

Right now, I could spit on it.

We, as humans, reside on a planet that has the various cultures set up in such a way that anyone who A. lives as it says to in the Bible, and B. was not handed oodles of monetary wealth from the day they were born, therefore C. Is treated by the sitting powers of this world as simple disposable material to pay for their new Lexus or their next botox treatment. In this world, of 2018, those who humble themselves GET THE BLOODY SHIT KICKED OUT OF THEM AND DUMPED IN A MASS GRAVE.

Now if you have 5,000 dollars you'd like to send me immediately, then I will concede that God is good and that there may be something to Christianity after all. But I have grown up in this faith and have been utterly raked across the coals with suffering as shitfaced rappers and glad handing A&R people with smiles like ravenous wolves have COMPLETELY FUCKED MY CAREER AND LAUGHED ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

In short, I don't fucking want to hear that God loves me and cares about my wellbeing right now. Evidence piled up right in front of my face is pointing straight at the answer "No."

Now are you a troll, or can you produce an original, intelligently thought out viewpoint in response to my thoughts? Don't have a mind to rereading scriptures I have memorized at the moment.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that you are neither a troll or even that you are attempting to make your prosely-bot pass the Turing Test. Let's say you are a real person, honestly and from the goodness of your heart, trying to edify and uplift my spirit. (You do remind me very much of a piano-playing Jesus Freak whom I was once married to, though, just so you know.)

Understand that the human being you are speaking with is 100% broke, homeless and sleeping in his car at a Rest Area as he types this. I have read the Bible back to front. It is what I was raised by my biological parents who stayed together until my mother's death to believe was the unquestionable word of God given to humans by divine inspiration.

We, as humans, reside on a planet that has the various cultures set up in such a way that anyone who A. lives as it says to in the Bible, and B. was not handed oodles of monetary wealth from the day they were born, therefore C. Is treated by the sitting powers of this world as simple disposable material to pay for their new Lexus or their next botox treatment. In this world, of 2018, those who humble themselves GET THE BLOODY SHIT KICKED OUT OF THEM AND DUMPED IN A MASS GRAVE.

Now if you have 5,000 dollars you'd like to send me immediately, then I will concede that God is good and that there may be something to Christianity after all. But I have grown up in this faith and have been utterly raked across the coals with suffering as shitfaced rappers and glad handing A&R people with smiles like ravenous wolves have COMPLETELY FUCKED MY CAREER AND LAUGHED ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.

In short, I don't fucking want to hear that God loves me and cares about my wellbeing right now. Evidence piled up right in front of my face is pointing straight at the answer "No."

Now are you a troll, or can you produce an original, intelligently thought out viewpoint in response to my thoughts? Don't have a mind to rereading scriptures I have memorized at the moment.
    But dont you see? god is testing you

if you pass his challenge just like the tests of the fossils, you will see your sins forgiven and the purity of the morning sun will shine upon you yet again, my friend. It all starts with you and how you will approach this tests and firstly, you must forgive yourself. Only then can you truly embrace the love of our lord and saviour jesus christ and feel his throbbing love inside of you

If it's true what You said, then it's really sad And I hope (if You look at big picture) You will focus on the reality, long term.
    With all the respect, but reading and even memorizing verses does NOT make You a Christian. You need to be born again. J 3:3 - Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    The problems You wrote about are humans' fault. We brought sin into the perfect creation, we ruined that. And it affected people's minds as well. Envy, murder, stealing, etc. are all the results of sin coming into the picture. And yes, I am genuinely concerned about the future of others, since so many are rejecting our awesome Maker. You see, as much evil as this world is now, NO ONE is going to fix it. It is like a sinking ship. And our Maker is going to destroy it. BUT He will make a new world, with no pain, suffering, etc. It will be much better one, enhanced version if You will. And I really, really hope that You will be part of it. You have God's image in You, so You have high value and deserve honor and respect. And love, of course. And I am sharing this with You out of love, in hope that You will come back to our loving Father in Heaven (like in a parable of a prodigal son).
    You can check some materials on websites like: answersingenesis, rzim, livingwaters. Plenty of them online.

Matthew 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Recite the story of Jacob, Lana. No googling. Cuz I wanna beat the shit out of Mr. Angel Of The Lord, five minutes ago.

And, go.

Blog Entries
    As a relativist, I don't have a horse in this race. As someone who grew up Catholic and still considers Christianity as his personal beliefs system... I think there are better things to do than try to evangelize on a random internet forum, in random threads, to random people one does not know the personal histories of. Quoting Bible verses with vague, generalized intentions of "saving" someone never helps. If someone is asking for the advice of a Christian on a specific matter, sure. Use specific verses that specifically answer the question. If someone is making fun of you for being religious, however, you should probably stop trying to be religious at them. It probably isn't helping your cause. In my experience, belief systems are changed due to events in a person's life, not because someone was preaching at them to believe something else.

That's just me, though. *shrug*

If i was in a toilet, and there was no toilet role, but there was loads of towels, a bidet and a bible, I'd use the bible to wipe me arse..

Praise Jesus!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast