Gamers Of All Sizes

OMG

The future of gaming is all in the mind - CNN.com

Epic?
    Waste?
    Don't care?

thought?
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Gilles De Rais was all leik Blah Blah Blah.

Loookiee!:
    Family
    Athna Loveil - Awesome Cousin
    iheartpixels ♥

Something like that would make computer (and perhaps video games) more accessible to people who can't use their hands to play games normally. If they can't use their hands, perhaps they can use their thoughts to guide the game characters. It's an interesting breakthrough though.
    My TFF Family

My Chocolate and Theory lovin' Niece -- Unknown Entity
    My CRAZY NUTTY Aussie sisters -- Tiger Lily and superjj

That my friends, for lack of better words is ****ing awesome! I really like that idea made partial reality, think of the benifits outside of the gaming world. Seems like it will only be a matter of time before they will probably intertwine it with something medical. Possibly fuse it in with some machine to make a handicaped person walk again. Crazy stuff. But then again I did not see where it talked about pricing, as of right now I am thinking astronomical. But hell it could be a heck of a venture.

I could see where gaming would greatly be inhansed by this product. I could only imagine playing an RPG like that, but the scary thing to think of is the adverse side affects. Reading about possibly being able to put thoughts and junk like that into peoples heads is just nuts. Or imagine it screwing around with peoples brains and they permanatly think they are in a video game duhhh duh dunnnn.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Air from my lungs. Gamers Of All Sizes Violet's Avatar
    I always imagined they'd come up with something like this sooner or later. In 50 years from now or less, we may even be able to use our other senses such as touch, taste, and smell. The only thing that sort of worries me is how many people will get hurt before they perfect it. It's brand new, so I'm thinking there has to be some sort of long-run damage it could cause to the brain.

Full Time Glompasaurus Gamers Of All Sizes Raider's Avatar
    I agree with violet, something is going to go wrong and there will be very bad brain damage. But overall it looks very intersting. Trust the Japanese to do it XD
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Loookiee!:
    Family
    iheartpixels ♥

I remeber hearing the horror stories about the Nintendo Power Gloves and kids spilling drinks on them and getting electrocuted (I never confirmed this just heard when I was young), I wonder what would happen in the same sence here. For example sweat, fire sprinklers, kids tripping with pop in their hands, any types of moisture accidents.
    Soldier: "We suck but we're better then you"

We will fight, we will be strong
    Together we're marching on
    United, we move as one
    Our finest hour has just begun
    Philmore - Our Finest Hour

Crao Porr Cock8! Need I say more!?
    My awards:

Registered User Gamers Of All Sizes winterborn86's Avatar
    Wow it's amazing how they come up these things, technology seems to get bigger and better all the time, there seems to be no end to it.

It does sound very interesting, but i would feel really weird wearing one of those things.

My TFF Family

My FFVII addicted nephew: Secret weapon
    My Bullet lovin half wolf cousin: Raider
    My complete FFVII nut sister: Unkown entity
    My Freya obsessed, grammar nazi brother: Doc rocco

TLDR.

Overall it looks like a silly idea and will probably never come to fruition for years and years to come.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like th idea, but I can tell something terrible will happen. Overall, I think its a great idea, but... I guess it could damage you in the same way taking calls on a mobile does. Yeah, I take calls, but I prefer to text.

I guess I'd want it to be tested first. It could cause brain damage I guess. Or it could be like (for those who have played and done this quest in Oblivion) that quest in Oblivion when you put that amulet on, sleep, and turn up in a dreamwrld... Stuck in your own thoughts and fears... O_O

Ha, THEN I'd start saving my money once it has been tested.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Wow, I daydream all the time about this exact idea; I'm so happy it's a possibility, but at the same time it's also scary. Say a thunderstorm is occuring outside and your mind is plugged into the game, and the power goes out. Wouldn't your brain be affected or something? They have to make sure the system can't harm the brain in anyway, before they put it out. I'd get this for a game though, but never for a computer. The thought of someone sending a virus to your brain is uncanny, and I'm fine using the regular method for the rest of my life. ^_^

Beautiful artwork I found online.

Come visit me at my YouTube Homepage: zSoraz's YouTube

I invented Go-Gurt. Gamers Of All Sizes Clint's Avatar
    That's the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard of. New technology is very bad for a few reasons. The first reason is that it makes people lazy. With this new gaming from the mind crap, nobody is going to be able to use their hands properly. Soon they'll come up with computers, without the keyboards. Why not slice everybody's hands off at birth? I don't know about everybody, but I most certainly don't play video games to be in the video game. Am I the only one getting a Terminator feeling about this kind of technology? Who's to say that it won't be able to read thought? It'll become self aware and nuke the world. Everybody will die because people will become too lazy to use their hands. Perhaps I'm making too much of a big deal about it, but I don't like it.

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Gamers Of All Sizes Polk's Avatar
    Finally I can realize my dream of holding a chili dog in one hand, my **** in the other, while Abraham Lincoln dances around in a pink bikini singing "U Can't Touch This" and smacking his bum with a big fan. All without lifting a finger.

This truly is the greatest day of my life.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

Full Time Glompasaurus Gamers Of All Sizes Raider's Avatar
    i agree polk, that is the dream

but it obviously wail be thoroughly tested before the public can use it, so it can't be that bad
    ♥The Morning After Crew♥

Loookiee!:
    Family
    iheartpixels ♥

...means nothing to no way Furore's Avatar
    I don't think I'd like it if it replaced conventional games.
    As much as I love to think during most of my favourite games (RPGs), controlling a game via my thoughts would likely suck during games like FPSes (which I also enjoy). I mean as soon as you saw someone and thought 'pull trigger' they'd be dead. The challenge these days is aiming using a controller and pulling the trigger before your opponent does combined with evasion measures and a sometimes even a little strategy.

Personally, motion sensoring in many games has the tendancy to piss me off after a while (there are a few exceptions), and I really can't see controlling a game through thoughts alone being all that fun neither...

Bring back the SNES pad.
    victoria aut mors

God that's awesome!
    This is the reason why I want to be a full-fledged computer programmer! I want to make these kinds of things. Who knows? Maybe the nanotechnology and SOP in MGS is already possible. Damn. I can't wait for that.

Still, I somehow wish life would be as simple as it was back then.

I guess the only drawbacks are the expenses. Machines like that must be worth millions.

"Be excellent at what is good, be innocent of evil."
    ROMANS 16:19

Just press it:

MY TFF FAMILY

Final Fantasy Fan Cid, my high-flying cousin
    Rocky, my older brother from another mother xD
    Unknown Entity, my Vincent-loving aunt
    LoVeLeSs, my awesome granddaughter
    diaryofjane, my music loving sister
    brnthsdiscout, my FF lovin' sister
    Dark Squall, my God Father.