Thread: Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh

Air from my lungs. Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Violet's Avatar

Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh

Food(or drinks)..can't live without it, nosir! So, I've decided to make this thread for us to discuss food in general. Cooking, recipes, your favorite meals, your favorite chefs. Rather than a ton of food threads, everything food-related can be discussed here.

So, on to my post.

I've always been wanting to try to make my own Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate drink.. like from Starbucks. Omg, it was fantastic. They only sell it in the winter, unfortunately, so if I could make that any time I wanted, it'd be great. I recommend it to anyone who goes to Starbucks.

There's a mock recipe of it online, but I don't know if it'd exactly taste the same: Copycat - Starbucks Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate Recipe | Savory Sweet Life - Easy Recipes from an Everyday Home Cook

Re: Get in ma belleh

Peanut Butter and Rolo Sandwich
    (just smoosh the rolo in the sandwich and grill it)

A Grilled Pastrami, Egg and Cheese Sandwich with Hash Browns.

I'll update with more odd meals me and my roommate make.
    Signature Updated: Yesterday
    CPC8! - Pimpin' is easy

CPC8! - Chess Club

SPOILER!!:
    lol

Currently Playing: Video Games

Registered User Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh

Originally Posted by Violet
    Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate drink
    I know I probably shouldn't judge something before I try it, but that doesn't really sound all that palatable to me... The salt sort of throws me off, though reading the recipe, it doesn't seem to have that much salt in it. Maybe one of these days if I ever walk my ass into a Starbucks, I'll try it out when they start offering it on the menu.

I haven't been eating all that much food here lately. It's been rather hot, and when it gets hot, I don't really have much of an appetite. Been drinking tons of water though. I'm sort of getting tired of plain ice water... I should really invest in some kool-aid or something. Or maybe just add in some lemon juice! That sounds better.
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Air from my lungs. Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Violet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    I know I probably shouldn't judge something before I try it, but that doesn't really sound all that palatable to me... The salt sort of throws me off, though reading the recipe, it doesn't seem to have that much salt in it. Maybe one of these days if I ever walk my ass into a Starbucks, I'll try it out when they start offering it on the menu.
    Ooh, you don't even notice the salt is in it. It's probably overpowered by the taste of the caramel and the chocolate. I thought it sounded pretty gross too at first,cause it's like.. sea salt? ew. but the lady insisted on it..and I'm glad I tried it.

Memento Rhapso Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Rhaps's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh

My brother eats peanut butter and cream cheese sandwiches. I refuse to try it because I can not stand cream cheese unless it is in it's rightful place (on a bagel). My palette is rather bland actually, I have an old British taste lol, beans on toast and I'm in heaven,

CPC8- 'fo bros, 'fo life, 'fo shizzle

SPOILER!!:
    I won something :3

Also member of something that won another thing

Don't click this.

Death Before Dishonor Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Josh_R's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Super Mega Grilled Cheese Sandwich

2 things of Kraft Cream Cheese
    1 bag of shredded Co-Jack cheese
    3 slices of provolone
    Maybe a slice or two of

My fiance is pregnant and has been eating peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. So my curiousity was peaked. I tried one, I threw up for about 25 minutes.
    Last edited by Josh_R; 05-23-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Sitting here waiting for Rocky, and Che to notice me!!

Soup Kitchen Jerk. Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Polk's Avatar

I was wondering when a thread like this would show up...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie16 View Post
    Have you ever heard of putting salt on watermelon? I imagine it's the same principle here, where the salt makes the drink actually taste sweeter. Or I don't know, I could be completely wrong.

Also, if we're on the subject of semi-bizarre sandwiches, a guy I used to know made grilled cheese sandwiches with cinnamon raisin bread, cheddar cheese, and a fat slice of tomato in the middle. Sounds a little strange, but oh man is it good.
    Let's go into the "archives" in "Washington D.C." and find out how people "masturbated" in the "roaring 20's."

Crao Porr Cock8. Bitch.

I'm not picky when it comes to food AT ALL. I just hate peas, I pick them out of whatever I'm eating.

So I don't really have any specifics, I like food.

Ta DA!!!:

Alright, who censored my rocketship?

From The Clint Eastwood
    I'm thinking about creating a hybrid. A dolphin-monkey. Half dolphin, half monkey. Do you think it's possible?
    I was thinking that since I'm artificially creating it, I'll create it with rocket fuel instead of blood, and thus it will be able to fly, using the dolphin's dorsal fins as wings. And from the air, it will look down upon us all and protect us against sharks, and search for bananas.
    Block says:" this one time i got SUPER blazed and was riding with my friend to mcd's and i ran my fingers through my jew fro saying "I just feel like dancing"
    by Alpha: "Hate breeds hate. Love breeds love. F*ck real politik."
    Originally Posted by Michael Swayne
    I find Gypsy to be a very interesting person. In fact, when my hair grows out some more, Gypsy has already laid claim to it when I cut it again.

forever alone in hell Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh final fantacy_tifa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm *thinking*
    it would prouble have to be .........meat like t-bone

**1 tequila,2 tequila,3 tequila,floor**

time your wasting just your do to better anything have you don't this reading you r why <-- read backwards,

DO NOT HURT MY PET LEMON lemons have feelings to you know !!

Registered User Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_R View Post
    Super Mega Grilled Cheese Sandwich

2 things of Kraft Cream Cheese
    1 bag of shredded Co-Jack cheese
    3 slices of provolone
    Maybe a slice or two of

A SLICE OR TWO OF WHAT?!?!!?? I must know this information!

But seriously, just reading that post makes me feel like I wouldn't be able to use the bathroom for like a week...

Quote Originally Posted by James K. Polk View Post
    Have you ever heard of putting salt on watermelon? I imagine it's the same principle here, where the salt makes the drink actually taste sweeter. Or I don't know, I could be completely wrong.
    Yeah...I've heard of that... Not a big fan of watermelon though. And no, I don't know what's wrong with me. Thinking back on that previous post of mine, I don't think that salty and sweet would be that bad together. I'm a big fan of yogurt-covered or chocolate covered pretzels. I think that's about along the same lines of that drink Violet mentioned.

Weird sandwiches... Hmm... Nothing really odd comes to my mind, but I like to eat Reuben sandwiches. I use pumpernickel and rye bread that's sort of "marbled" together, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, sliced roast beef and a mixture of thousand island dressing and horseradish sauce. Then, I toast it up and make it nice and hot. It's really good!
    Click at your own risk.:
    Proud Member of:
    Por Rorr Kitty9
    "Mess with us, and the claws come out!"
    Evil BAD Guys
    "Not just evil...not just bad...EVIL BAD!"
    The above userbar was made for me by FATE!!! He is awesome.
    The above banner was made for me by VIVIMASTERMAGE!!! He is awesome as well.

Only plays for sport Unknown Entity's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf View Post
    Peanut Butter and Rolo Sandwich
    (just smoosh the rolo in the sandwich and grill it)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ;-;

I don't eat much when I'm at home really, and I only eat when I'm hungry. Lately, my appetite has gone down because of the heat.

I enjoy quick things. I can chop up a very nice salad in about twenty minutes. Then there's toast with something on it - usually jam or peanut butter. Macaroni cheese is good on toast too, like you would make beans on toast (I've gone off beans lately).

Also, I like a lot of pepper on my food. Not LOADS, but quite a bit. Only time I put salt on food is when I'm eating chips, which isn't that often.

With drinks, I've been sticking to squash with cold water. I stopped drinking Coke because I've been sleeping better when I'm not drinking it. When it cools down, I like tea with two sugars.

"I used to be active here like you, then I took an arrow in the knee."
    >>>------------->

Suddenly... clutter.:

Me and the lovely Joey is two cheeky chimpmonks, we is. Because TFF cousins can still... do stuff. ; )

Quotes to have a giggle at.:

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachfangirl
    I'm none too scary really. Just somewhat violent...
    Quote Originally Posted by MSN Convo
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    ^^;
    brb
    Bleachie says:
    Kay
    ...*runs around with a stick*
    I AM SPARTACUS!!!
    Hm, no one's here...
    TIME TO PARTY!
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Gemma the friggin' Entity. says:
    back
    Bleachie says:
    DARN IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Now that we've apparently discussed wanting to see each other sleep with a game character... how goes?

All my banners are now done by me! Soon, I will be great! Muwahahahaha... ha... eck! *coughs* ...ha!
    Biggest fan of Peanut Butter created by The Xeim and Halie Peanut Butter Corporation ^^

Warning free for over eight years. Feels good.

Blog Entries

I LIKE FOOD! FOOD TASTES GOOD! I like food! Food Tastes Good!

...I am not really a great cook. My meals mostly consist of sandwiches, canned chilis, easy mac, and frozen pizzas. I used to make regular macaroni. Boiled water for that, and that was the extent of my cooking. Except that one time I took home ec in high school. Oh, and last night, we had chex mix, and I was the one who mixed it. Threw all that crap all over the place.

Love food, though. Especially italian. And I'm a big fan of sandwiches with everything on them. Also, Taco Del Mar!! (the nearest one to me closed... ) I am fairly brave, and would probably try anything at least once, unless it's gooey and runny and gross, texture wise. Anyhoo...

Wuv, Yer Mom

This ain't no place for no hero Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Tiffany's Avatar

Honestly? The best brownie I have ever eaten was the Caramel Macchiato brownie recipe that a friend found for me. I made it (wasn't as labour intensive as the recipe seems to appear).

Oh my god, they were awesome.

If you like sweets, you should check out I Am Baker. Its a blog with a woman who makes the neatest cakes I have ever seen in my life! You'll have to scroll down a bit to get to them (or click on the "cakes" link in the sidebar) and prepare to drool!

Mmmm...

Blog Entries

I put salt and olives in beer. It gives it a nice salty taste. I had it once before because my drunk friend convinced me to try it. It was suprisingly good. has anyone else had it before?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

Imperius Rex Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Storm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Violet View Post
    Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate drink.. like from Starbucks.
    I've tried it, but its waaaay to sweet for me. I can't even drink a whole regular one.

Food though, I love food. Spicy food is even better. I love Chinese, Indian, Italian and Thai food the most. Spagetti bolognaise and Chinese black bean stirfrys are my favorites.

I'm not a huge fan on fast food, so if I do fancy a burger, I go to the local Irish cafe, Jollies. They do the ultimate burger meal for £5.50! A proper butchers beef burger with cheddar cheese, bacon and spinach leaves in a flour bun, served with cheesy chips and salad! The price is worth it due to the quality of the meat and how much food there is on the plate!

Oh, and my tips to make anything taste good? Cheese and BBQ sauce!
    PSN username: Raikujaku
    A meow-ed member of PRK9

i can't live without pizza

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by norman View Post
    i can't live without pizza
    me neither dawg whats your favorite kind of pizza and where do you go to get your pizza?
    †SOLDIER† - "Yep still better than you"
    CPC8: It's hard out here for a pimp.™

hahas, updated July 28th (oldie but goodie!):
    Quote Originally Posted by from the CPC8
    Pete: Meier, don't even lie. I know you were going on a nice little tear before you settled down with the new gf

che: rofl <3 Meier.

Loaf: Meier is the best.

Meier: Hey Pete, I said I started to, it just didn't end the with the same number of women. Then again this one is kind of on the outs with me if she doesn't straighten up and fly right so that means I will be back in it for the thrill of the kill. Got some in the reserves. Even got a rePETEr (<---- like that ay? AYYYYY?) on the back burner.

Block: I do like the rePETEr except it kinda makes it sound like you're going to pork Pete. No homo.

(Updated April 13th 2013)Currently Playing: League of Legends, FTL, Dead Island, Borderlands 2, KotoR 2

What is this I don't even Musashiden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This pasta my girlfriend makes pretty regularly is to die for. She uses the tiny cans of Hunt's Basil and Oregano sauce, Farfalle, and mild ground Italian Sausage, and makes some of the best pasta I've ever had. The trick is, TONS OF F*CKING BASIL. I've never seen so much goddamn Basil in all my days, but it makes it amazing. I could eat that shit all day.

Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?
    Thread killer extraordinaire since 4/20/01.
    Tumblr | Twitter

Hydralisk

I love salty snacks. When I was younger I spent a lot of time eating candies and sweet things, but as I grew my love for salty snacks just piled up higher and higher. Now I'm not happy unless it's pretzels or Goldfish crackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    me neither dawg whats your favorite kind of pizza and where do you go to get your pizza?
    Bacon and Onions is the best pizza out there... once again salty.
    Last edited by Hydralisk; 05-25-2010 at 05:58 AM.

The Mad God Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Heartless Angel's Avatar

I live for the heat. I snack on things that send most people running for a jug of milk. I grow my own Bhut Jolokias, the hottest pepper on the planet. Nowhere near here sells the things, but I can get seeds online. For sake of comparison, a Jalapeno is about 8000 on the Scoville heat scale, tops. A Bhut Jolokia is around 1.1million. These aren't standard snacks of course, even for me these are hellishly hot. But I snack on habeneros all the time, I grow them too. I dehydrate pth peppers to make seasonings I use on almost everything I eat, I make my own barbecua sauce and salsa with them, and use them in cooking all the damned time. As a result, most sane people don't eat anything I cook...

Outside of the heat, I run the smoker and the grill. You'll see me outside grilling burgers in the middle of winter. But it's more than just food, it's sort of a hobby. I usually only run the smoker in spring summer and early fall, winter kinda sucks for smoking. I'm a big fan of Texas and Kansas style barbecue, I usually smoke at least one meal weekly, usually brisket or ribs. I've actually placed in a few local barbecue cook-offs, never first place, but I've hit 3rd a couple times.
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Shake it like a polaroid picture Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh RagnaToad's Avatar

Like a lot of people, I am a big fan of pizza. I really like pepperoni. I can really enjoy a pizza with salami that is a little spicy.

Good Belgian french fries are one of my favourite things to eat too.

The thing I make the most myself would be eggs and sandwiches. My eggs are usually scrambled egges with pieces of sausage, ham, cheese, bread in it. I should really buy more mushrooms to put them in too.

When there is bread, ham, cheese and cucumber around, chances are very high I will make a sandwich with those things, plus some mayonaise. Especially when I'm late up at night.

By the way, has anyone ever tried the recipe for South Park's Chef's famous 'Chocolate salty balls'? The song is a recipe, and I've been wanting to try it for a while now, just to see if it actually turns out to be edible.
    Crao Porr Cock8: Getting it while the getting's good

The Mad God Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Heartless Angel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaToad View Post
    By the way, has anyone ever tried the recipe for South Park's Chef's famous 'Chocolate salty balls'? The song is a recipe, and I've been wanting to try it for a while now, just to see if it actually turns out to be edible.
    I personally have not tired it, however a friend of mine claims to have followed that recipe exactly, and brought the result to school once, and it was actually pretty damned good. I've been wanting to try it myself actually <.<
    For Our Lord Sheogorath, without Whom all Thought would be linear and all Feeling would be fleeting. Blessed are the Madmen, for they hold the keys to secret knowledge. Blessed are the Phobic, always wary of that which would do them harm. Blessed are the Obsessed, for their courses are clear. Blessed are the Addicts, may they quench the thirst that never ebbs. Blessed are the Murderous, for they have found beauty in the grotesque. Blessed are the Firelovers, for their hearts are always warm. Blessed are the Artists, for in their hands the impossible is made real. Blessed are the Musicians, for in their ears they hear the music of the soul. Blessed are the Sleepless, as they bask in wakeful dreaming. Blessed are the Paranoid, ever-watchful for our enemies. Blessed are the Visionaries, for their eyes see what might be. Blessed are the Painlovers, for in their suffering, we grow stronger. Blessed is the Madgod, who tricks us when we are foolish, punishes us when we are wrong, tortures us when we are unmindful, and loves us in our imperfection.

Registered User Food Lovers: Get in ma belleh Kaiden's Avatar

Pasta is my main source of food. All types of pasta, stuffed shells(usually with cheese) is probably my favorite.

What really got me to post here was, I ate at a Wendys for the first time... atleast this year I really don't remember the last time I ate fast food like this. I don't think I will be eating it ever again, worst stomach ache I have had in a long time. Anyone else get this?

As for weird sandwiches, Peanut butter and Banana is amazing. A lot of places make chickenfinger subs around here and people find that strange. They are covered in hot sauce and they use blue cheese dressing instead of mayo on them. P

Scene from a movie.
    SPOILER!!:
    [Having pulled over a speeding driver.]
    Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?
    Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?
    Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.
    Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?
    [They go up to the car.]
    Driver: Sorry about the...
    Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.
    [The man gives him his license.]
    Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.
    Driver: [laughing] Sorry.
    Foster: Is there something funny here boy?
    Driver: Oh, no.
    Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?
    [Foster stares at him.]
    Foster: All right meow, where were we?
    Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?
    Foster: Am I saying meow?
    Driver: I thought...
    Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?
    [The man laughs.]
    Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?
    Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.
    Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?
    [The man is uncontrollably laughing.]
    Foster: You stop laughing right meow!
    Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.
    Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.
    [Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]
    Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?
    [Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]
    Foster: Meow!